• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And how was huge defined? What feet/meters was said? You realize that Kirby is actually gargantuan in Smash, right? That's how he was changed around.

First time we saw Ridley, he was barely bigger than Samus. Second time, they made him Large(not huge), then slightly downsized him. He was never huge in Smash either.

Which means making him a few feet smaller, which would not be a small Ridley by your own definition, but a Large-size Ridley would still work. Ridley was never even as big as Kraid in Smash either. Also, love how you still presume that Metroid Canon affects Smash Canon. They are separate no matter what.

Weavel

Smash Ace
And how was huge defined? What feet/meters was said? You realize that Kirby is actually gargantuan in Smash, right? That's how he was changed around.

First time we saw Ridley, he was barely bigger than Samus. Second time, they made him Large(not huge), then slightly downsized him. He was never huge in Smash either.

Which means making him a few feet smaller, which would not be a small Ridley by your own definition, but a Large-size Ridley would still work. Ridley was never even as big as Kraid in Smash either. Also, love how you still presume that Metroid Canon affects Smash Canon. They are separate no matter what.
I never said it did, Its paying respects to the likeness of a character I adore. I just don't think it would feel right to play a small Ridley. How I know Ridley would feel weird if he was mini.
And no way in hell I'm accepting the super metroid version of him in the game..

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I never said it did, Its paying respects to the likeness of a character I adore. I just don't think it would feel right to play a small Ridley. How I know Ridley would feel weird if he was mini.
Medium-size =/= Small. He was not "small" in the Melee Intro, he was still quite big. Try again.

And no way in hell I'm accepting the super metroid version of him in the game..
Super Metroid is still considering one of the best Metroid games ever. Why shouldn't one of the best versions be in?

Your size argument was already disproven multiple times. Try with other reasons.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Medium-size =/= Small. He was not "small" in the Melee Intro, he was still quite big. Try again.

Super Metroid is still considering one of the best Metroid games ever. Why shouldn't one of the best versions be in?

Your size argument was already disproven multiple times. Try with other reasons.
They were not disproven, They are just rendered mute by how brawl can change things. And when I say small Ridley, Its just a way to say a smaller version of Ridley compared to what he was in prime ect. And be polite.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They were not disproven, They are just rendered mute by how brawl can change things. And when I say small Ridley, Its just a way to say a smaller version of Ridley compared to what he was in prime ect. And be polite.
You ignored our arguments saying you're going to purposely dismiss them. That's not exactly polite either.

Who cares about one version of him? He's not the same size in every single Metroid game. His size varies, especially when he gets rebuilt.

Likewise, as I said, we already proved why size means nothing in Smash.

Now, if there's a problem with his large wings and long tail, we can talk. But his body is a very manipulatible size, especially because of Meta Ridley. Many robots can make themselves smaller, after all.

Hey guys, I decided to go check out the thread for a whil---

*Looks at Anti - Ridley posts*

Nothing to do here ._.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey, star should make a Ridley map.

Because of his size, RIdley would make the perfect stage. You can ride on his back the whole time

I imagine it rivaling Hyrule Castle/ New Pork City

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Never thought I'd see "I'm a Metroid fan" and "I don't want Ridley" in the same post..

:phone:
Now you've seen it in 3.

But in all seriousness, Ridley is the only real villain in the metroid series.

He's been in every iteration in the series and the most important character tied to Samus.

There isn't even a debate to have on this subject. It's a fact.

If there is ANY other character to add, it should and would be Ridley

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
WTF?! y. toonlink posted in here and I was ASLEEP?!

Its paying respects to the likeness of a character I adore.
Okay, I know that this argument is over and done with, but I just GOTTA comment on this part. How the HELL is it "paying respects to a character" by making them big/giving them a fixed size if the character in question has not had consistent sizes throughout ALL their appearances in their home series...? If anything, these numerous variations in Ridley's sizes throughout his own series allow Sakurai to interpret the character's size in Smash as HE wishes, especially since we're talking about a NON-CANONICAL, crossover fighting game where almost ANYTHING goes.

And haven't you seen the Melee intro? We're not talking about making CHIBI Ridley, we're talking about a MEDIUM-sized Ridley. So I don't really see what your problem is here.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Dammit Metal, you post when I'm about to sleep haha

I can see Weavel's point, but I don't get why he doesn't get that it's not that important for Ridley to be the size of Hyrule temple :p
I think he'd just rather have Weavel in anyway, because the Melee intro should be the immediate solution for Ridley's size.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am seeing a lot of positive reaction to Palutena, specifically her personality. I think even if she does not show any ability toward combat she is going to end up having many fans. Sakurai definitely knows how to make characters charming.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I wonder, though... who's our fan-favorite/requested female character? You know, like the Ridley/Mewtwo/K. Rool for women. Isn't it Dixie?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa our top male pick :troll:

Wait, why am I dissing my own character?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Aren't the only serious female candidates Dixie, Medusa, Palutena, ...Krystal? Mii if you want to go there. Mona if you're Toise.

SO YEAH, Dixie is probably the top female pick.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wonder, though... who's our fan-favorite/requested female character? You know, like the Ridley/Mewtwo/K. Rool for women. Isn't it Dixie?
I think Dixie Kong is the most requested female character overall for Smash 4. Palutena and Medusa are probably both going to become the most requested female characters once Uprising is released. However, I think if K. Rool is one of the first characters unveiled, Dixie Kong will see a popularity boost too.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
That reminds me, if Dixie is going to be in the game, she should be the unlockable DK newcomer while K. Rool stays as a starter character

We don't need 3 monkeys playable at the start lol

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
K. Rool will definitely be revealed before Smash 4 is released, while Dixie Kong will definitely be a hidden character. I can see the same thing for Palutena and Medusa, with Palutena being a starter, while Medusa is a hidden character.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Should Ness and Falcon become starters, so that Lucas and Goroh can be their unlockable brethren?

I can't help but feel like Ness and Falcon should be coupled together in this case.

yani

Smash Lord
I am seeing a lot of positive reaction to Palutena, specifically her personality. I think even if she does not show any ability toward combat she is going to end up having many fans. Sakurai definitely knows how to make characters charming.
I think once Uprising releases, her popularity will exceed Medusa's if it hasn't already

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Should Ness and Falcon become starters, so that Lucas and Goroh can be their unlockable brethren?

I can't help but feel like Ness and Falcon should be coupled together in this case.
Ness and Captain Falcon should be starters. However, having Ness revealed on the Dojo and not Lucas will have a whole bunch of people howling that Lucas was cut. I would also say that Marth and Mr. Game & Watch deserve to be starters. The only veterans that should be hidden characters are clones/luigi-fied clones, Jigglypuff (out of tradition), and if the third-party characters from Brawl return.

Also, yes, the second F-Zero character (whether Black Shadow or Goroh) will almost definitely be a hidden character.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm all for that idea, Oasis

I know Ness and Falcon were unlockable in 64, but they just feel like starters to me

I honestly don't care what F-Zero character we get. I just want the series to have a second rep, is that so much to ask? Well, at least as long as it's not one of those weird *** AX characters like Dai Sen Gen. lol

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I honestly don't care what F-Zero character we get. As long as it's not one of those weird *** AX characters like Dai Sen Gen. lol
Most of the AX pilots were cool. However, yeah, the only two candidates for a F-Zero newcomer are Black Shadow and Samurai Goroh.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Aren't the only serious female candidates Dixie, Medusa, Palutena, ...Krystal? Mii if you want to go there. Mona if you're Toise.

SO YEAH, Dixie is probably the top female pick.
Impa to me is likelier than Krystal. She definitely needs a mention amongst potential female newcomers as she's to me not only a likely female character, but also the most likely Zelda newcomer in general.

Hit me.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I liked a lot of the AX characters like Phoenix (although, my god, it was absolute HELL to unlock him) and Spade. Just some of the other ones are a little... well, you know haha

I want steroid-induced Batman just a tad more than Goroh. But Goroh, I think, should probably get in before him

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hmmm, I would definitely NOT agree that Mr. Game & Watch should be a starter. Maybe you can enlighten me. Marth, though, I could agree to that. I don't really think it will happen though. As an aside, I would honestly say that Marth would be the one character I would say should have been in Smash 64, instead of Bowser or Mewtwo or what have you. Maybe not SHOULD have been, but I WOULD have added.

I used to think discussing who would be starters or unlockables was kind of silly, but now I see that it would give us an idea on who we can expect to be revealed to us on the Dojo. I really hope Ridley isn't one of those characters we have to discover by watching Japanese videos of players who GOT THE GAME EARLY.

Aaaand... Ghirahim. If he's in, I expect him to be a starter.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I agree with Ghirahim being a starter. He seems to me like one of those characters they'd advertise a lot in the trailers because of his whole demeanor. You know, the whole flamboyant/"FURIOUS! OUTRAGED! SICK WITH ANGER!" thing lol

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wonder if they will skip over Skyward Sword mostly for Link, Zelda, etc., since Aonuma wants to get Zelda Wii U out by 2014 (which is when Smash 4 is also scheduled for release). If they use the Zelda Wii U designs for the Triforce Trio, won't they leave Ghirahim and Impa in the same pool as Zant and Midna?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I agree with Ghirahim being a starter. He seems to me like one of those characters they'd advertise a lot in the trailers because of his whole demeanor
He will also be a relatively current character, which is important. I feel like that's why we had Lucas and Ike as starters instead of Ness and Marth. Aside from tradition and all. Because having characters as starters isn't just about showing off actual NEW characters to Smash, but also CURRENTLY RECOGNIZABLE characters. Though there's also weirdos like Ice Climbers and Pit. But that's just healthy variety. BD

MY TAKE on it, at least. Not an exact SCIENCE...

Oh, and Ghirahim is a good starter since Ganondorf will obviously remain one.

How about Miis? To me, that seems like an obvious choice for a starter, but Mario Kart seems to say otherwise.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I agree with what everyone else is saying about Ghirahim being a starter I could see Ganondorf being one as well. Whoever gets the 5th slot Young/Toon Link or Tingle could be an unlockable character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom