• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am curious how many Black Shadow supporters there are in this thread. Black Shadow seems to be gaining support.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I agree. The Original 12 should all be starters at this point.

And a few more veterans should be made starter as well, such as Marth and arguably Falco.
Some veterans should stay unlockable IMO, such as Ganondorf. It would feel wierd not to unlock the King of Evil.

EDIT: Although, you didn't unlock Jigglypuff by beating Classic in Brawl. :troll:
I think it's a matter of preference. I say the whole returning Melee cast, at least, should be made starters. I know Ganondorf is such a prestigious character, but if he's hyped up as getting a revamp, I'd rather let people get their hands on him ASAP. I'd save the unlockable "spots" for surprises, not unlocking veterans.

I forgot about Brawl considering I unlocked everyone via the SSE.

@Chrono
I honestly don't care about Black Shadow. The only thing I have an interest in him is Norio Wakamoto, but if Ono were to have his way, we'd get him via M. Bison.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How many slots do you think Smash 4 will have?

50 is pretty much what most people seem to think.

Also, Palutena and Medusa need to be pretty impressive for me to personally want them for Smash Bros. I normally am not too impressed with one-shot characters unless I play with them extensively.
40 at the least. 50 at most.

Am I the only one that want's all of the Original 12 to be starter characters? I'd be annoyed if the character I unlock after beating Classic is Jigglypuff AGAIN. I'd rather it be where the returning characters are starter characters (save for G&W and R.O.B.) along with four starter newcomer characters. Let us unlock the rest of the newcomers this time instead of getting veterans save for Lucario, Wolf, and R.O.B., Sonic, and Snake. Speaking of which, can we just have it where the third party charcters are starter characters as well. It's one thing if they weren't mentioned on the back of the box, but why mention them and then make them locked?
In my personal Smash 4 roster, the 25 starters are: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario, Donkey Kong, Link, Zelda, Samus / Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, King Dedede, Fox, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard), Ness, Marth, Pit, Palutena, Little Mac, Olimar, Starfy, Mii, and Takamaru.

My 20 unlockable characters are: Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong, King K. Rool, Ganondorf, Impa, Tingle, Ridley, Meta Knight, Wolf, Team Rocket (Meowth & Arbok / Weezing), Mewtwo, Zoroark, Lucas, Krom, Medusa, King Hippo, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt Dog.

My 10 DLC characters are: Sonic, Tails, Snake, Simon Belmont, Chocobo & Slime, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Ryu, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff. Yes, I am forcing people to pay more for the rest of the Original 12 and for the third-party characters. :troll:

D

Deleted member

I am curious how many Black Shadow supporters there are in this thread. Black Shadow seems to be gaining support.
I've supported him before I've supported Goroh. And I've only supported Goroh because I lost hope for BS (lol).

Now with him being really popular in Japan, my hope has risen up again.

I want him in Sm4sh, voiced by Norio Wakamoto, even if he speaks Engrish like Falcon.

@Kuma: Well, wouldn't a revamped Ganondorf be a surprise within itself? But that's just me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
He is Captain Falcon's mortal enemy, and the number of playable villains in the Smash Bros. series really hasn't been all that great. I'm in if he's playable.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Engrish by Norio Wakamoto isn't actually Engrish. It's unadulterated manliness.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
Well, wouldn't a revamped Ganondorf be a surprise within itself? But that's just me.
I really hope they revamp Ganondorf, but if they didn't do it for Brawl, then I am not getting my hopes up. The least they could do is give us an alternate Ganon, like Toon Ganondorf or Classic Ganon.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Do many ppl like Ghirahim? I haven't really played skyward sword yet, Been way to busy with things.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't care about Black Shadow. The only thing I have an interest in him is Norio Wakamoto, but if Ono were to have his way, we'd get him via M. Bison.
Yeah I read that comment from Ono on what SF character he would want in Smash Bros. It will probably never happen, but wouldn't that be something? Especially if is was Street Fighter Alpha 3 Final Bison.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
After watching the Kid Icarus animations, I'm even more convinced Palutena can't be a character.

Pit needs her guidance while fighting, constantly in telepathic communication with her.

If anything, they are the same character. A team that fight together

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I really hope they revamp Ganondorf, but if they didn't do it for Brawl, then I am not getting my hopes up. The least they could do is give us an alternate Ganon, like Toon Ganondorf or Classic Ganon.
That reminds me. Dr. Mario, Toon Link, OoT Ganondorf. If these would be DLC characters that you selected at the character screen with - or something, that would be kind of cool.

SNK did that with Kyo (NESTS Kyo), Iori (Flames Iori), and Takuma (Mr. Karate). Considering that Smash 4 will likely evolve/revamp Mario, Toon Link, and Ganondorf, this might be an excellent compromise. I've brought this up before, but I just remembered that asage wanted Young Link back.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
That reminds me. Dr. Mario, Toon Link, OoT Ganondorf. If these would be DLC characters that you selected at the character screen with - or something, that would be kind of cool.

SNK did that with Kyo (NESTS Kyo), Iori (Flames Iori), and Takuma (Mr. Karate). Considering that Smash 4 will likely evolve/revamp Mario, Toon Link, and Ganondorf, this might be an excellent compromise. I've brought this up before, but I just remembered that asage wanted Young Link back.
They should put OoT Ganondorf, TP Ganondorf, Toon Ganondorf and Classic Ganon all into SSB4. Imagine having a battle of the Ganon's! It will never happen, but I can still dream...

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I've been lurking here since the early day's of Brawl and only signed up just after Smash 4 was announced, so I have no reputation. Still though this might interest some people here.

This is regarding that one guy a few days ago, just complaining and complaining how the Wii U will be under powered and crap compared to the 720 and PS4. I suppose according to him that means a new Smash Bros won't be any good period.

Nintendo has been left out of the Unreal Engine race since forever! Now though we have confirmation about UE3 working on Wii U. The real problem is will the Wii-U have spec enough for the future?

I have a personal source from GDC, who has told me that Epic does indeed have the Unreal Engine 4 running on Wii U! Maybe some people don't know, but that is the most exciting thing ever! It means Nintendo actually thought ahead power wise! And will be able to contend with the undoubtedly more powerful PS4 and 720.

What this means for Smash Bros, I don't really know. All I know is Sakurai and his team have a BEAST of a machine to work with right now if the Wii U can run UE4. PS3 and 360 can't run it now so that says something.

Again I've got no reason to lie, but it's important enough to share I think.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wonder if they will skip over Skyward Sword mostly for Link, Zelda, etc., since Aonuma wants to get Zelda Wii U out by 2014 (which is when Smash 4 is also scheduled for release). If they use the Zelda Wii U designs for the Triforce Trio, won't they leave Ghirahim and Impa in the same pool as Zant and Midna?
Impa could still easily be the Skyward Sword character, while the rest is Wii U inspired. As a stand alone character then of coarse. Add in Toon Link to, and give both him and Impa similar graphic styles and its all fine.

Because face it: Sheik isn't gonna be in Zelda Wii U either.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Neither is she gonna be in future Zelda games. So: why keep her??

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
I've been lurking here since the early day's of Brawl and only signed up just after Smash 4 was announced, so I have no reputation. Still though this might interest some people here.

This is regarding that one guy a few days ago, just complaining and complaining how the Wii U will be under powered and crap compared to the 720 and PS4. I suppose according to him that means a new Smash Bros won't be any good period.

Nintendo has been left out of the Unreal Engine race since forever! Now though we have confirmation about UE3 working on Wii U. The real problem is will the Wii-U have spec enough for the future?

I have a personal source from GDC, who has told me that Epic does indeed have the Unreal Engine 4 running on Wii U! Maybe some people don't know, but that is the most exciting thing ever! It means Nintendo actually thought ahead power wise! And will be able to contend with the undoubtedly more powerful PS4 and 720.

What this means for Smash Bros, I don't really know. All I know is Sakurai and his team have a BEAST of a machine to work with right now if the Wii U can run UE4. PS3 and 360 can't run it now so that says something.

Again I've got no reason to lie, but it's important enough to share I think.
If true, then awesome! But regardless, I don't buy into the doomsday sayers who think Nintendo will go down in flames. They have too much influence on casual gamers, young gamers, and the handheld market, even if the hardcore gamers get left in the dust sometimes.

As a side note, IGN.com reported a couple months ago on rumors that one of the big three companies won't be making hardware anymore for the next generation of consoles. It is just a rumor, but if true at least we know it's not Nintendo!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If it's anyone, I think it'll be Sony. Microsoft has the Western market down easily. They could survive on that alone.

Either way, I doubt the rumor is true.

D

Deleted member

Neither is she gonna be in future Zelda games. So: why keep her??

Impa is unlikely to be in another title for a long time as well, considering that the game she came back in takes place prior to all the other times.

And considering that Impa only appears within the timeline branch if Link fails to defeat Ganondorf in OoT...
And that branch hasn't had a game since 2001...

Yeah. Skyward Sword will be the last you'll see of Impa for a long time.

While Sheik is a part of Zelda and has been for two Smashes as of now. If Sheik was meant to be scrapped, it would've been in Brawl.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Wait, San Diego... you live in the Pacific Time Zone, right? So it's like 4 in the morning, right? Why are you up now then lol? :p

But yeah, I don't even know who Weavel is

:laugh:
Actually it was 5 in the morning lol My sleep cycles are ridiculous, but I had a good 8 hours so I can get ready for work :D

Bah, one thing I didn't like about SmashBoards is spoilers, and it always seems to be for LoZ
(I found out Midna was the Twilight Princess on here before I even got to play the game :( )
Anyway, I guess since Impa showed up, she could end up as a Sheik costume.

time for work, lata

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is unlikely to be in another title for a long time as well, considering that the game she came back in takes place prior to all the other times.

And considering that Impa only appears within the timeline branch if Link fails to defeat Ganondorf in OoT...
And that branch hasn't had a game since 2001...

Yeah. Skyward Sword will be the last you'll see of Impa for a long time.

While Sheik is a part of Zelda and has been for two Smashes as of now. If Sheik was meant to be scrapped, it would've been in Brawl.
Skyward Sword being first in the time line signifies Impa's importance, and actually, she herself takes role in two different time lines literally:
As she comes in her warrior appearance from the days of the ancient Goddesses Hylia, who is also ancient in SS already. She could therefore easily get roles in between the "thousands of years" she was alive in. Or be time warped to safe Zelda yet again. After all: she IS : Hylia's (aka: ancient Zelda's) handpicked chosen warrior, and each Zelda is an incarnation of Hylia. Who on her own LIVES FOR A THOUSAND YEARS. She easily could fit in any time line easily if they want. Maybe slightly older, but if Young Impa in SS looks about 20-25 and Old Impa looks about 90, a 30-40 year old Impa looking like a mix of SS and OOT Impa could EASILY exist in a game continuing the Skyward Sword time line, which has about as much potentail of wrapping up everything Ocarina of Time did.

This easily is a lot more character worthy than a one time disguise... In Smash, she also has more potential of bringing more unique characteristics than Sheik did. Zelda / Impa could be Zelda / Sheik version 2.0, while separate Impa would finally bring an end to the misused combination character. It's only plus points, and very possible to happen.

So yeah, Impa 4 Smash!!

Kantrip

Kantplay
But what are you even trying to accomplish at this point? Are you trying to "convert" people? If you're attempting to convert all Impa fans to Impa haters, you're doing it right. If the inverse is true, it's not going to happen this way.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You should take Metal's advise.

I still say the main problem with having Impa replace Sheik on the grounds that Sheik isn't relevant (which is silly, since Sheik's Zelda, not a different character) is that next game you'll just get old Impa again, if Impa at all. She's really not a consistent character, and adding her in on those grounds is just going to cause more problems because of her inconsistencies.

For instance, what if Skyward Sword had come out first and Twilight Princess second? And also hypothetically, that we got Impa instead of Sheik for Brawl. How exactly would they handle the new Twilight Princess version of Impa? (I'm talking about Impaz here)

Weavel

Smash Ace
Smash 4: Make Mario and Kirby the only starters and you have to unlock everybody else through adventure mode, period.
I like this idea, But there are ppl who just want to fight over and over and not do story mode. maybe 6 characters tops?

Maybe just add impa and give her alternate costumes from OOT and skyward sword? Like what they did with wario's biker costume and then his original.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What's worse is that there are people saying that Demise should replace Ganondorf. There is some loudmouth over at the official NeoGAF Smash Bros. 4 thread (BlackWind) that keeps saying "relevancy" is the most important factor for character inclusion (wants both Impa to replace Sheik, Demise to replace Ganondorf, Krom to replace Ike, Zoroark to replace Lucario). This guy also thinks K. Rool and Dixie Kong should be kept out for similar reasons (no longer relevant to the DK series).

Weavel

Smash Ace
What's worse is that there are idiots saying that Demise should replace Ganondorf. There is some loudmouth over at the official NeoGAF (BlackWind) that keeps saying "relevancy" is the most important factor for character inclusion (wants both Impa to replace Sheik, Demise to replace Ganondorf, Krom to replace Ike, Zoroark to replace Lucario). This guy also thinks K. Rool and Dixie Kong should be kept out for similar reasons (no longer relevant to the DK series).
How bout we just keep the "Outdated" Characters and just give them abunch of alternate costumes from past titles? One for each timeline?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You should take Metal's advise.

I still say the main problem with having Impa replace Sheik on the grounds that Sheik isn't relevant (which is silly, since Sheik's Zelda, not a different character) is that next game you'll just get old Impa again, if Impa at all. She's really not a consistent character, and adding her in on those grounds is just going to cause more problems because of her inconsistencies.

For instance, what if Skyward Sword had come out first and Twilight Princess second? And also hypothetically, that we got Impa instead of Sheik for Brawl. How exactly would they handle the new Twilight Princess version of Impa? (I'm talking about Impaz here)
I'm not an Impa-Jehova anymore but wanted to proof GoldenY wrong that Impa cannot work cause of her role. I basically say the opposite, which I still believe is the truth.

If Skyward Sword came before Twilight Princess, Sheik still wouldn't have her appearance in it. Impaz couldn't possibly have the moveset of Impa or Sheik, so it would basically be the same thing still... An actual character vs a scrapped character. That and the whole Impaz thing was still a big shout out to Impa's OOT role. And that stuff I said before still works. And we would've had Impa in Brawl already. Would again be dependant if Sheik appears in Zelda Wii U or not. Which I don't think will happen in fact no.

Basically: a thing which was a horrible crime to the Zelda series should be set right: Sheik as the unique character, Ganondorf as a clone character. Sheik should be scrapped, Impa should be in, Ganondorf and Toon Link are the characters from less recent Zelda games, Link, Zelda and Impa would be from more recent games. And then we'd have basically all that's needed. Any other unique additions as Skull Kid and Vaati I'll gladly welcome.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm not an Impa-Jehova anymore but wanted to proof GoldenY wrong that Impa cannot work cause of her role. I basically say the opposite, which I still believe is the truth.

If Skyward Sword came before Twilight Princess, Sheik still wouldn't have her appearance in it. Impaz couldn't possibly have the moveset of Impa or Sheik, so it would basically be the same thing still... An actual character vs a scrapped character. That and the whole Impaz thing was still a big shout out to Impa's OOT role. And that stuff I said before still works. And we would've had Impa in Brawl already. Would again be dependant if Sheik appears in Zelda Wii U or not. Which I don't think will happen in fact no.

Basically: a thing which was a horrible crime to the Zelda series should be set right: Sheik as the unique character, Ganondorf as a clone character. Sheik should be scrapped, Impa should be in, Ganondorf and Toon Link are the characters from less recent Zelda games, Link, Zelda and Impa would be from more recent games. And then we'd have basically all that's needed. Any other unique additions as Skull Kid and Vaati I'll gladly welcome.

Terrible crime. Really. Yet it's happened twice and noone but you seems to care. Shut your **** mouth. It's getting REALLY ****ING IRRITATING.

Weavel

Smash Ace
You haven't been around Diddy like we have. The frustration is justified.

...Flaming shouldn't happen, even though Diddy IS a troll.(by his own admittance)
I haven't seen him do wrong yet, But its a forum to discuss topics like this. Don't just yell him down. We can be better then that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom