• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I support this.
With all the megaman disappointment lately, I REALLY don't think it would be the fan pleasing way to pull out this guy again. Ppl are still pissed about all the cancelled megaman games and to get this trolling joke from capcom to be in SSB4 would definitely flip some **** this time around.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know he is talking about Shadow Mario from Sunshine, I just couldn't tell if he was serious or just making a joke about their similar names.
It was a joke about similar names.

...Shadow Mario isn't even a real clone. It's just Mario's likeness and similar jumping capabilities. It's more like a costume to frame Mario.(wait, that was the point of it) Otherwise, he doesn't do anything like Mario.

Jeffbelittle

Smash Apprentice
He is the ultimate life form for containing Chaos energy, And he can also attack with it. Chaos spear for example. He has mastered the use of chaos emeralds, And can warp with or without chaos emerald.

And he can slow time to the point where it almost seems like it stopped if he a chaos emerald.
Doesn't run like sonic but skates on high tech shoes.
He also has a gun and a motorcycle.

Look: there's so many glaring differences with Shadow than Sonic it's a smack in the face to call them mirror veterans.

Sonic is lighter and faster, runs.
Sonic is heavier, slower, skates on ****awesomecoolblades.

Sonic uses physicality and speed to his advantage,
Shadow uses "magic" if you will to control space and time

Those differences ALONE is such a big difference than Fox vs. Falco.

Look: point proof comment-

Point: SSb4 will have to have some target for a younger generation.
Proof: Brawl was made 4 years ago. Those characters are relevant to 14 year olds that are now adults in college.
Comment: Shadow is LOVED by new sonic players more than the older ones.

If you want a compromise: I'd rather get Shadow the Hedgehog then whateverthe**** is Bakugan.

So we're all in agreement that our fat old Megaman should get in?

IT'S HIS INEVITABLE DESTINY

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
With all the megaman disappointment lately, I REALLY don't think it would be the fan pleasing way to pull out this guy again. Ppl are still pissed about all the cancelled megaman games and to get this trolling joke from capcom to be in SSB4 would definitely flip some **** this time around.
Personally, I thought that BBA Mega Man's back story should be have been that he is the original Mega Man that got all fat and depressed after Capcom ***** his franchise for the past few years, and then he could star in his own game where he finally snaps and goes running through the Capcom offices shooting at everyone. :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So what the **** keeps happening that is drawing all of the new guys with obsessions with ridiculous characters and no ****ing grasp of logic or reasoning? It's getting insane, and if more and more of these guys pile up, there's literally going to be no healthy discussion.

:phone:
This thread has til E3, assuming it'll last that long.
Personally, I thought that BBA Mega Man's back story should be have been that he is the original Mega Man that got all fat and depressed after Capcom ***** his franchise for the past few years, and then he could star in his own game where he finally snaps and goes running through the Capcom offices shooting at everyone. :laugh:
Postal: Megaman Edition

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So what the **** keeps happening that is drawing all of the new guys with obsessions with ridiculous characters and no ****ing grasp of logic or reasoning? It's getting insane, and if more and more of these guys pile up, there's literally going to be no healthy discussion.

I think as the time draws closer to E3 more people are beginning to trickle in. Wait until mid May rolls around, things are going to stumble off a cliff.

Did my eyes deceive me, or was there legitimate Slime discussion not initiated by me awhile back?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There was. Not a terribly large-scale one, but a decent one nonetheless.

I had the same reaction when someone brought up Muddy Mole without a prompt from me.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Get in the game, Slacker.
Here is a funny little thing I have learned about Dragon Quest fans. I went to a large Dragon Quest forum and proposed the idea of Dragon Quest content being in the next Super Smash Bros. The users liked the idea, naturally, but what astonished me is most people did not want Slime when I proposed him as a character. Most of them supported Erdrick (or other random characters from the series who really stand no chance.) When I posted my Slime moveset people warmed up to the idea, but still preferred Erdrick for the most part. This was awhile back, and there were not too many people nonetheless it still made me chuckle.

Chronobound also gave me a link recently to a Japanese forum that had Slime discussion on it. For what that is worth.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In my eyes, third parties are a tough call, but if I had to say, I'd say that Slime has the best chance of one, only behind Mega Man.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Wow. Just wow. I've seen(and started) a few wierd character arguments(Toad vs. DHD, Shy Guy vs. Baby Bros.), but I never thought I would see Slime vs. Weavel of all people.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh yeah. What'd he say? Slime was just a generic thing with a smiley face on it? And yet he's the one known world-wide, and Weavel is... pretty forgettable. It's hard enough just matching the Hunters' names to their pictures by memory.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh yeah. What'd he say? Slime was just a generic thing with a smiley face on it? And yet he's the one known world-wide, and Weavel is... pretty forgettable. It's hard enough just matching the Hunters' names to their pictures by memory.
Have no idea, wasn't privy to being a part of that discussion. As far as Weavel goes I always think of this:

Not the hunter.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyone find it funny how Sakurai basically holding a DOJO for Kid Icarus? To think, he is going to finish one and not too long from now be holding another.

People want hints for Super Smash Bros, start paying attention to Uprising.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Woah, what did I miss regarding Dynasty Warriors?

Seriously, I got a friend that's CRAZY about those types of games. o_o Any other pics I should know of?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
If Sonic stays, he should get a better moveset than a half-***** one
Which btw, I liked the movesets Iblis and Hyper posted earlier about Shadow: Simple is nice.
Although I don't think he'll actually be in with Sonic, seeing Chaos Spear wanted me to have Sonic Wind :D Maybe not the actual attack, but a "cameo" as part of another attack: like maybe on Homing Attack when Sonic makes contact with an opponent, Sonic Wind appears as a hitstun effect or something

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Goku- Lol, Sonic Wind reminds me of the Sonic vs Shadow battle on the ARK

"Before dis is over, I show you de true power of CHAOS CONTROL"
"THIS IS THE ULTIMATE"
"I'll use yo- CHAOS CONTROL"

Back from my band concert! And I'm ready to defend Shadow, who de *** said he would be a Sonic clone?
Kolorado said that, but he mah boi

So we're all in agreement that our fat old Megaman should get in?

IT'S HIS INEVITABLE DESTINY
No.

MOKUJIN MECH PAC-MAN IN DIS *****

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shadow would totally be a Sonic clone. :rolleyes:

A Luigified one perhaps. Still don't want him in. Ever.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fat Impa comes to mind, but she would always have to bow down to the awesome Skinny Impa of coarse. :cool:

Cause afterall she's the Supreme Skinny Sheikah with a Strong Shield as a Side Special. :awesome:

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Who the **** suggested Shadow would be a Sonic clone?

The pure BALLS of someone even mentioning that emo dip**** over the likes of other Sega IPs sickens me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
S is Suddenly my least favorite letter.
You Started it. ;)

But really, if Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are still clonish of each other after 2 games, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for Shadow. Maybe he'll have a couple of different Specials, and a different Final Smash. But I really don't want him in anyway.

So now I'm on a hating tour anyway, here are characters from specific series I really don't want in:

Super Mario: Waluigi. Nuff said. Also Dr.Mario obviously.
Donkey Kong: DK Jr. Would stand in the way of K.Rool and Dixie's inclusion. And he's already in basically. Cranky would be a better choice as a 'retro' character, literally.
Zelda: Kinda against Tingle, heavily against Sheik if it means she's coupled with Zelda again (but really: you cannot expect Sheik being her own character). I also don't want Toon Zelda / Toon "Sheik" obviously. Also: Fat Impa and Young Link (if it doesn't include him with a Majora's Mask style)
Pokémon: Any other Gen. Pokémon Trainer character. Keep the starters unique with Squrtile, Ivysaur and Charizard please.
Sonic: Shadow, but I'm not exactly excited to see any newcomer from Sonic. Maybe Tails though, as I kinda like Tails much more than Sonic.
Metroid: Only Dark Samus I'm opposed to. Or anything that stands in the way of the MANLIEST available character for Smash: MANTHONY HIGGZZZZZ
Fire Emblem: I'm not against ANY Fire Emblem character honestly. Chrome is still the most likely character, with Roy as a second, so there's not really much else.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Anyone find it funny how Sakurai basically holding a DOJO for Kid Icarus? To think, he is going to finish one and not too long from now be holding another.

People want hints for Super Smash Bros, start paying attention to Uprising.
Pretty much. The upgrade idea was something he got from Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom