• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyCat13

Smash Rookie
I want them to bring back Young Link (and I don't care how they do it, masks or not, although the masks would make him less of a "clone" of Link if that really matters to people, it doesn't to me) and bring back other characters that were removed between Brawl and Melee, at least some of them anyway. Dr. Mario could be more like a skin/costume thing. I think that Link should also have costumes so he can look like SS Link, TP Link, or OoT adult Link. Maybe even Adventure of Link Link! (That's a good game, btw) I know it's a lot of work, but they could use the actual game models for some of them (not AoL Link, of course) and just polish them a little bit. I like the models used for Link (child and adult) in Ocarina of Time 3D for example, and they could even start with Melee models as a base for the removed characters.

Maybe they could have additional characters be released through downloads so they could keep making them and release them when they're ready. I want there to be a lot of characters I guess is my point, I like to change who I play a lot. But still my most important wish for the next SSB is the return of Young Link.

That is my 2 cents and I am probably too busy to actually keep up with this fast-moving thread but I will keep checking back :)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@KittyCat- Yeah, I wouldn't mind Young Link coming back either. BUT... I mean, we already have Toon Link. Sure, he could replace Toon Link, but it would be kinda going backwards replacing Toon Link with Young Link since Toon Link is supposed to be his successor in the first place

@yani- He can't avoid us forever :mistyface:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, ever since I've inputted that 60 character roster, I have been working on a weight scale for the characters that were on it.

[collapse=Weight Scale]1: King K. Rool
2: Bowser
3-4: Donkey Kong, Emboar
5-7: Samus, Dark Samus, King Dedede
8-9: Ganondorf, Black Shadow
10-11: Samurai Goroh, Ike
12-14: Wario, Mewtwo, R.O.B.
15-17: Link, Captain Falcon, Mega Man X
18-20: Ridley, Wolf, Palutena
21-22: Lucario, Zoroark
23-26: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Sonic
27-28: Pit, Takamaru
29-31: Little Mac, Isaac, Saki
32-33: Rosalina, Black Mage
34-35: Ness, Lucas
36-37: Toon Link, Ice Climbers
38-40: Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong
41-43: Peach, Leon, Marth
44-45: Falco, Servine
46-47: Zelda, Impa
48-51: Skull Kid, Meta Knight, Fox, Tails
52-54: Zero Suit Samus, Krystal, Pikachu
55-56: Kirby, Bandanna Waddle Dee
57-58: Olimar, Ray Mk III
59-61: Starfy, Oshawott, Chibi-Robo
62: Mr. Game & Watch
63: Jigglypuff[/collapse]

Feel free to comment on my weight inputs if you want.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You'll get used to it :awesome:

Just wait till they actually go discuss Palutena

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In all seriousness, I can see Palutena being that heavy due to the ton of armor and weapons she has. Not to mention it looks golden. Gold is pretty heavy.

I guess the Goddess of Light is a bit of a misnomer.

D

Deleted member

Wait... even that's correct :c

Speaking outside of Smash and inside of it.

I guess Young Link pales in comparison to Roy, and I'm just too biased for Young Link to say otherwise.
Glad to see you've made a recovery.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Thanks for the welcoming to the discussion guys, appreciate it. :p

Anywho, yes, I could certainly see Palutena being a bit heavy due to her armor and weapons.

Are people still going with the whole "Ridley for SSB4" debate? I know it was something discussed on multiple forums and sites, I got too exhausted to keep up with it though.

D

Deleted member

Butthurt? Roy's last appearence? Love you too :)

Actually, Roy's popularity shines most from SSBM as of now. YLink's pop grew after the remake of OoT.
Tell that to the Japanese. :smirk:
Don't see all that many requests for Young Link to return...
(Also Roy is one of the more popular lords outside of Smash in Japan.)
And saying Yink's popularity grew after the remake is only your assumption. Got Proof?

Also, Roy isn't particularly my favorite, so no, I ain't butthurt.
But your bias....

I CAN SEE THROUGH THAT!

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
She don't need to be heavy,she doesn't look like she would be heavy,and nothing show her being heavy or what,samus as an armor,but she's not heavy,because she's in space/her armor can do that.Paletuna is a godesse,she would make her fly/float.
Young link as Majora's,switching with deku/goron/zora.

KittyCat13

Smash Rookie
@KittyCat- Yeah, I wouldn't mind Young Link coming back either. BUT... I mean, we already have Toon Link. Sure, he could replace Toon Link, but it would be kinda going backwards replacing Toon Link with Young Link since Toon Link is supposed to be his successor in the first place
That's true, and I don't like it when characters are removed so I don't want Toon Link taken out, but I much prefer Young Link. His controls were better, and thanks to the remake of Ocarina of Time he is the most recent child Link incarnation. Maybe they should have skins for the younger Link character, be either Toon Style or YL, but it'd take up the same slot. Or maybe, since they are supposedly doing a SSB for the 3DS too, leave either Toon or Young for that and the other for the WiiU?

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
That's true, and I don't like it when characters are removed so I don't want Toon Link taken out, but I much prefer Young Link. His controls were better, and thanks to the remake of Ocarina of Time he is the most recent child Link incarnation. Maybe they should have skins for the younger Link character, be either Toon Style or YL, but it'd take up the same slot. Or maybe, since they are supposedly doing a SSB for the 3DS too, leave either Toon or Young for that and the other for the WiiU?
What about having them both on one game? Wouldn't that be fair for both YL and TL fans?

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well, I doubt that Sakurai would ever implement it, but I had an idea where both Toon Link and Young Link would be alternate CHARACTERS to Link. As in, they don't take up a slot and are tied to Link, but they still have their own differences in playstyles (whatever they may be), voice files, etc like how the clones in Melee were like. When you choose Link, a seperate box would come up where you would choose between Link, Young Link and Toon Link. This would basically work like the three Gohans in DBZ: Budokai 1, where you could choose between Kid Gohan, Teen Gohan and Great Saiyaman when you select Gohan on the select screen

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I too see Palutena as a rather heavy character. Same reason Rosalina is usually one of the heavier characters in Mario Kart, I guess. Not sure what exactly that reason IS, but whatever. She's a goddess. Such a title carries a bit of "weight" to it, y'know? And she, in my mind, would play like a SLOW AND POWERFUL character.

Unless Sakurai is dumb and makes her play with bullcrap weapons.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Aaven, most people here agree that Ridley is a likely choice for Smash
Oh really? Nice.

Not to say I wouldn't consider him a good choice for Smash, I just noticed a lot of people hating on the thought in the past.

I'm all for more baddies in Smash. King K. Rool, Ridley and Medusa would give some definite weight to the "Evil" side of the roster, because currently there's only truly about 3 or 4 villains, Bowser, Ganondorf, etc. I'd say Wario and MK are more neutral than evil since they are usually portrayed as rivals to Mario and Kirby rather than evil.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The next 2 months are gonna be such a bore with all the waiting... =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom