• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
Oh really? Nice.

Not to say I wouldn't consider him a good choice for Smash, I just noticed a lot of people hating on the thought in the past.

I'm all for more baddies in Smash. King K. Rool, Ridley and Medusa would give some definite weight to the "Evil" side of the roster, because currently there's only truly about 3 or 4 villains, Bowser, Ganondorf, etc. I'd say Wario and MK are more neutral than evil since they are usually portrayed as rivals to Mario and Kirby rather than evil.
I kinda think K.K Rool is neutral too.

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Aaven- Well, there's Dedede (even though he's kinda neutral too) and if/when Mewtwo returns, he'd be the closest thing to a villain that Pokemon has (since he was the main villain in Pokemon: The First Movie)

I'd like some more villains in Smash, though. Black Shadow from F-Zero or Robotnik would be good choices

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
I would like that! But people seem to not like the idea of 3 Links in one game D=
Hmm, well if they do add all of them in one game, it would be cool. I don't really understand why people don't want them all in one game. We still need more LoZ characters.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
@prettynice: True, either that or he's portrayed as more of a silly or goofy villain.

@Metal Overlord: Agreed, I want to see more villains as well, I find it hard for them to keep a flow of sorts with so many "good" characters on the roster, I don't see why they wouldn't have more villains since it IS a fighting game so to speak.

Plus, I enjoy doubles with heroes and villains teaming up, like Link and Ganon, Mario and Bowser, etc.

KittyCat13

Smash Rookie
Hmm, well if they do add all of them in one game, it would be cool. I don't really understand why people don't want them all in one game. We still need more LoZ characters.

I hear, and not meaning on here because I haven't been around here enough to hear much, but other places people say they are just clones and don't even want two Links. I love Zelda though and I love Link, I think there would be no harm in three Links, since a lot of fans do want YL to return and still love TL too.

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
I hear, and not meaning on here because I haven't been around here enough to hear much, but other places people say they are just clones and don't even want two Links. I love Zelda though and I love Link, I think there would be no harm in three Links, since a lot of fans do want YL to return and still love TL too.
They really wouldn't be clones if they're movesets were changed.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Personally, I'd like all the unlockable characters to have pre-battle cutscenes (like Wolf, Toon Link and Jigglypuff had in the SSE of Brawl when you were about to fight them in Brawl)

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
One thing I really dislike about Online brawl with anyone is that people act like F***tards when you're looking for a real fight.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I too see Palutena as a rather heavy character. Same reason Rosalina is usually one of the heavier characters in Mario Kart, I guess. Not sure what exactly that reason IS, but whatever. She's a goddess. Such a title carries a bit of "weight" to it, y'know? And she, in my mind, would play like a SLOW AND POWERFUL character.

Unless Sakurai is dumb and makes her play with bullcrap weapons.
I don't see her being slow and powerful. Besides, there's more than a few ways to make a character. I think Rosalina was made heavy because she's the tallest of all the girls.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Look no further:

:awesome:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
prettynice, people don't just do that with Brawl, a lot of online games are like that lol

Lol at Impa, she looks like a tree branch, I swear

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
That's what I thought at first lol just checkin'

And prettynice, I still think CoD online is worse, especially Modern Warfare 2
Really? I never played Call of Duty online yet but I always thought it would be less worse than Halo. Oh well. And also, the terrible part about Onlje play is that you're going against children. They're soo annoying and they won't shut the f*** up and just play the game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Since there was a bit of discussion about characters being kind of boring, how about I bring this up? Out of the current cast, make some kind of change to their movesets, be it a buff, a nerf, new move properties, revamps, etc. One minor rule is that you cannot do changes for a character if someone else has already done it. If someone did Mario before you, you gotta pick someone else.

Here's my take on Samus.
[COLLAPSE="New Samus."]
B: Charge Beam functions exactly like in the Metroid games. You can even run while shooting, a feature normally exclusive to items, but these shots have no stun. Hold down B to gather a charge shot and you can still move while the charge holds. You cannot use any other specials in the mean time, but your normals are free to use.

Side B: Normal missles have the speed of Super Missiles, but same damage as before. The Super Missle is replaced with the Ice Missles from Metroid Fusion and go even faster.

Up B: Can chain up to three of these on hit, but not on whiff.

Down B: Morph Ball is now a stance move. Mobility increases significantly in this state, but you can't block or jump more than once. You can fast fall though.

From Morph Ball:
A: Morph Ball Bomb. You can lay up to three at a time, and you can't call in any more until one of the bombs explodes, and these bombs explode on contact.. These bombs also float in midair like the Metroid Prime games.

B: Shine Spark. functions similarly to Fox's Fox Fire in that it's an eight-way recovery. Like Charge Shot, you hold B to gather the charge, and you can still move around.

Up B: Power Bomb. Smaller version than normal, this bomb covers a small spherical range and can float in mid-air.

Down B: Exit. Leave Morph Ball Mode.

Additional Properties: Can hang on to walls and stage underbellies for up to ten seconds at a time with Spider Ball. The limit resets itself if Samus returns to the stage land. This prevents stalling. Samus can also use this property to wall jump, giving her a means to wall jump both out of and in morph ball mode.

Throws:
Samus has two grabs. A standard grab and a Grapple Beam grab which is done by doing Grab+Forward.[/COLLAPSE]

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay... I owe some apologies about that edge guarding >_> And **** that lag.

@Diddy Oh, and I will ****ing murder ur taunt.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Metal
Thanks. The idea behind it was a few things.

I wanted Samus to be more of the agile shooter she is in the Metroid games without too making many changes while also making some properties more faithful. The Power Bomb is like that because I envisioned Samus using the Morph Ball as a mean of footsies and keepaway and I thought the Power Bomb would be an excellent zoning tool for in the air, or even edge guarding.

The Screw Attack change was something I thought to make it a bit more interesting and to reference the space jump-screw attack combo you get later on in the games.

I may seem like the type that wants "more Street Fighter", but by now you guys should know I'm about tapping into potential, even if that does mean making unpopular changes. With this Samus one, I wanted her to feel right to a Metroid fan - make the transition, so to speak, from playing Metroid to Smash seamless considering the Metroid games have platforming elements.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Annnnnd Uprising beat! Now I just gotta....deal with the fact that I did it on a fairly low difficulty and hae less than half of those achievements done....*looks at
the Hades achievement wall
* Man...that's going to take some time. I'm barely over a quarter of the
Viridi wall
though the Palutena wall has gotten quite fleshed out. The few
challenges on the Hades wall
that I can see though are going to be difficult. :(

Oh yeah and about Palutena,
her boss fights (I guess you could count them as 2) were mostly time delayed light ball attacks if you're thinking about movesets for her. I'm not 100% but I think up close she may have the leg-treasure chest attacks. I mean I use Jetstream Orbitars so I was far away from her, but at one point I just wound up close to her and I think it was the same kicking animation. Oh yeah, and I hate those leg-treasure chests....I don't think you can kill them from a distance, and then they go in and combo you for days with their multi-hit kicks. I would hate to see Palutena have a special move like that because I don't wanna experience that again :scared:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Annnnnd Uprising beat! Now I just gotta....deal with the fact that I did it on a fairly low difficulty and hae less than half of those achievements done....*looks at
the Hades achievement wall
* Man...that's going to take some time. I'm barely over a quarter of the
Viridi wall
though the Palutena wall has gotten quite fleshed out. The few
challenges on the Hades wall
that I can see though are going to be difficult. :(

Oh yeah and about Palutena,
her boss fights (I guess you could count them as 2) were mostly time delayed light ball attacks if you're thinking about movesets for her. I'm not 100% but I think up close she may have the leg-treasure chest attacks. I mean I use Jetstream Orbitars so I was far away from her, but at one point I just wound up close to her and I think it was the same kicking animation. Oh yeah, and I hate those leg-treasure chests....I don't think you can kill them from a distance, and then they go in and combo you for days with their multi-hit kicks. I would hate to see Palutena have a special move like that because I don't wanna experience that again :scared:
A multi flurry kick attack makes me think of Chun-Li's kick move, whatever it is called.
Overall I do not think the game themselves really lended themselves to the "moveset potential" for any of the characters. Still, there is enough content within the game itself that any character draw upon to have a distinct moveset. Not that that is an issue anyways.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Metal,oh you!!!! xD

I wonder if the 3DS version is going to come out before the Wii U version!

If someone want to propose a mario/pit or someone else moveset change,he better make them have more power from their games (especially pit,obviously)but i'm not the best person to ask that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom