• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This is getting very exciting. Even if it isn't true, it's something for us the think about when we had no info for a LOOOOOONG time, especially how close it is to E3.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
And for Cookie in Gamefaqs, we've been super bored, so what if we still believe on this? It's at least something than this place being way too silent at the moment when we have nothing to discuss about due lack of new information.

Indeed, let's settle this peacefully. Better ask the questions and watch for next days what happens. (-l´l-);

yani

Smash Lord
Thanks Yani. It would make absolutely no sense for a Twitter reply to someone's post have the "expanded" text instead of the "view conversation" text underneath it. There is -no- explanation for that besides "it's a fake."
Exactly. I'd love for it to be real, but there's no way it is now.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, we should probably see if we can find a means of communication with a few of the followers of Sakurai who frequently check out his twitter page and/or live in Japan.

If somebody else unrelated to these guys saw it, that increases the verification of this.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, if KCCHIEFS27 and Killer have other people (with unique IPs; first the 2 have to have different IPs) to say they saw it, that also increases the credibility of this. Also, I don't mean to come across to rude as them, but we could really use a mod or admin right now who can view their IPs to confirm that they are from different IPs.

Also, it does help that IntelliHealth knows them. Intelli, could you tell us what you know of them=???

Edit: LOL yani, that's hilarious. That Waluigi nose "fits" Sakurai! :troll:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also Psycho, if you are still on, does it say "expand" when someone relies to a tweet you posted=??? You're a twitter junkie if I remember correctly. :smirk:

Does anybody knows if this happens with tweets to/from people in other countries who type/speak a different language=???

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Man, this thread is exploding! We seriously need a confirmation from Sakurai if the tweet is true or not.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
@FalchionX7:
The suspense is the key for the success,we will need to wait...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I bet it won't happen in couple of days. (l- l-) E3 seems the only logical time for answers, or if John predicts right, IGN or some others who might interview Sakurai for these details.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Also, if KCCHIEFS27 and Killer have other people (with unique IPs; first the 2 have to have different IPs) to say they saw it, that also increases the credibility of this. Also, I don't mean to come across to rude as them, but we could really use a mod or admin right now who can view their IPs to confirm that they are from different IPs.

Also, it does help that IntelliHealth knows them. Intelli, could you tell us what you know of them=???

Edit: LOL yani, that's hilarious. That Waluigi nose "fits" Sakurai! :troll:
To be honest, I have nothing but good thing to say about them. I were in same clan with them for Brawl online clan wars, and it was a lot of fun. However it was 3-4 years ago so we were young; so we were being silly and random in our own thread, which is normal for Meta-Pirate.

KCCHIEF is right, he used to be leader for our clan; a great one.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah Intelli, I can relate. I used to run a clan, too, and I know what that's like.

At least we know that you know them and are trusting of them. That is more credibility to this.

BTW if I come across as "hating" on them, I'm not. I just want the truth.
I bet it won't happen in couple of days. (l- l-) E3 seems the only logical time for answers, or if John predicts right, IGN or some others who might interview Sakurai for these details.
Yeah, I would say unless Sakurai gets asked this a lot on twitter, specifically by native Japanese speakers/typers, he may answer whether he tweeted it or not.

Plus IGN or someone at E3 will probably ask Sakurai or some higher ups at Nintendo whether this really happened.

Even if it didn't happen, Nintendo's gonna get questioned.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I come back, hear talk of a rumor, get excited, look into it, promptly shake my head in disappointment and forget about it.

You guys are getting far too desperate. :p

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Yeah Intelli, I can relate. I used to run a clan, too, and I know what that's like.

At least we know that you know them and are trusting of them. That is more credibility to this.

BTW if I come across as "hating" on them, I'm not. I just want the truth.

Yeah, I would say unless Sakurai gets asked this a lot on twitter, specifically by native Japanese speakers/typers, he may answer whether he tweeted it or not.

Plus IGN or someone at E3 will probably ask Sakurai or some higher ups at Nintendo whether this really happened.

Even if it didn't happen, Nintendo's gonna get questioned.
Despite the fact I know them beforehand, I don't trust this leak/source/twitter. I know the fact everyone can change, so who know.

Personally, I think it's fake, but at same time it is safe guess. I meant they were talking about megaman a year ago, and Isaac is more likely to be assist trophy again.

yani

Smash Lord

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
SmoothChief: 4chan's known to have these wierd leaks and pretty masterful trollers (because they somehow know how internet works), so maybe we're being pranked here indeed.

Yani: *Hugs Holder too* This is still being investigated anyway, so you might try to check back on this.

And he does? Interesting. I wonder tho will my question do much impact. (-l3l-)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lukin: That's what I thought. It's like looking through feedbacks and taking them to thought, or just plain ignoring em. At least he sees what one fan wants. And might be suprised there's Lip-fans still out there.

Silent_Ocarina

Smash Rookie
I honestly wouldn't put it past them to pull this elaborate prank, but I don't think it's a big deal. Chris and KCCHIEFS are cool people regardless.

Also, someone else said he saw the tweet.

yani

Smash Lord
Sakurai can look at tweets,but that do not means he gives importance to them...
It can be used to get a sense of what the fans want, to be fair. Again, I'm sure Sakurai already knows what he wants with Smash4, but it isn't impossible that he'll use social networking to gather some ideas.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Despite the fact I know them beforehand, I don't trust this leak/source/twitter. I know the fact everyone can change, so who know.

Personally, I think it's fake, but at same time it is safe guess. I meant they were talking about megaman a year ago, and Isaac is more likely to be assist trophy again.
Okay, well we should note that.

Also, I noticed everything on Chris' twitter says "expand," lol. Here is proof of that.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
*group hugs them back* Thank you. :( I'll be popping up here and there. I know if I go away too long there will be far too much to catch up on knowing this thread. :D

PRETENDING IT IS REAL, I hope it is Geno and Megaman. Isaac is cool and all, and it is partially because I don't know his series, but the other two I think may make better editions, and would drive more people crazy.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
It can be used to get a sense of what the fans want, to be fair. Again, I'm sure Sakurai already knows what he wants with Smash4, but it isn't impossible that he'll use social networking to gather some ideas.
If he does it,Waluigi must be in SSB4...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also Psycho, if you are still on, does it say "expand" when someone relies to a tweet you posted=??? You're a twitter junkie if I remember correctly. :smirk:

Does anybody knows if this happens with tweets to/from people in other countries who type/speak a different language=???
I'll link a developer that actually is known for answering his fans tweets

https://twitter.com/#!/jeb_

Yes, it does say view conversation when it's a replay.

The only way it wouldn't be is if Sakurai went to this guys page and replied instead of directly answering his tweet.

But, don't count out twitter messing up

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lukin: Hmm, I know, but Lip's pretty obscure anyway, so he'd be suprised she has fans wanting her for Sm4sh despite her being obscure.

Holder: E3's near, ya better not be gone then... I hope.

Anyway, I'll leave that tweet there, and maybe check Sakurai's tweet to see if he deletes my message from his account.

Silent_Ocarina

Smash Rookie
Additionally, Chris has three tweets, yet the top the page indicates that he only has two. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with how Twitter works. However, this suggests that Sakurai's Tweet Count could have remained 8,807 after replying to Chris.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Psycho, it is also possible it is viewed differently by Chris' preferences.

That and that it may be different, again, when tweeting someone in a different country.

Also, I doubt that post by Chris means much of anything. It's just a "/v/" :laugh:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
someone posted this stuff on /v/ and chris was getting a ton of direct messages from them so thats how he addressed it. he told me that a couple hours ago when i asked him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom