• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nope, I say crucify without anymore evidence or thinking it over

There's going to be a hanging tonight, boy

yani

Smash Lord
someone posted this stuff on /v/ and chris was getting a ton of direct messages from them so thats how he addressed it. he told me that a couple hours ago when i asked him
Which is proof that you're his friend and could easily agree to cover for this. Lol.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Holder: E3's near, ya better not be gone then... I hope.
Before E3 I have an anime convention to head to (preeetty sure I can make it there) for three days, but after that, E3 will be here, and I will make sure that I spend some quality time here when it matters the most.

And if Hamacon is anything like last year, I am entering the Brawl tournament. >D Hopefully my Olimar can take home first prize this time. (I lost to the guy who won the whole thing last year. >__< Bah!~ Reveeeenge)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Naaasty. This might be just another hoax like that Universe-thing. Pretty wittily done tho. I hope Cookie stays in order to be our detective towards these hard cases of fake rumors.

Holder: Okaay- hopefully every of us long time folk are there in a chatroom when E3 approaches.

D

Deleted member

Thirdkoopa posted on Nsider2 stating that he saw the twitter.

By any chance is he/she known as a troll on Nsider2? I don't want to say that he/she saw it yet.
If Sakurai has about 37,469 followers in Twitter, how come only TWO saw that tweet under 30 minutes?
(-Ò`Ó-)???
KCCHIEFS27 did state two other people saw it and there's the possibility of Thirdkoopa seeing it as well. Not to mention you have to factor in that people don't spend their lives reading Sakurai twitter and that it was very late at night.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey guys... hmm. Get this.

If Sakurai has about 37,469 followers in Twitter, how come only TWO saw that tweet under 30 minutes?
(-Ò`Ó-)???
Probably because it's in Japanese and most people wouldn't recognize it from chicken scratch

I know I more or less ignore his tweets

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wow this thread is crowded. It's really getting intense now.

Where's that "This gonna be good" gif? I need it for this situation.

I hope Sakurai responds to this soon. Getting anxious. If it is real, then. "Woo! Hype!" If not, then at least it was a fun hoax, right? Better than the usually dour and repetitive nature of this thread. xD

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There SHOULD be Japanese fan sites buzzing with this news though

Sites that don't just link to the NSider article

Surely someone that spend their entire life in digital communication would have noticed it

Was it posted at a weird time in Japan or something?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The people are watching us, it is the perfect time to use a Ghirahim gif.

E3 APPROACHES!

D

Deleted member

Naaasty. This might be just another hoax like that Universe-thing. Pretty wittily done tho. I hope Cookie stays in order to be our detective towards these hard cases of fake rumors.
The difference between Universe and this rumor is this; Sakurai would never have an accidental reveal of the entire newcomer roster years before we see the final roster. Yet Sakurai is not infallible, so I can see him making the mistake of accidentally partially revealing who gets in and who doesn't like this one. If the tweet is real, it states that two out of Geno, Mega Man, and Isaac would be in. It doesn't even specify how they get in, just that they do.

The subtle nature of that tweet is why I believe we may have something here.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
How can he mistakenly reply to a twitter and give away that information? It isn't like he saw that tweet, spilled some coffee on his keyboard, started wiping it up, and 30 minutes later realized he had accidentally typed "2 our of 3" and replied, so he deletes it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Holder- He probably wasn't thinking straight when he made that tweet, hence why he was like "OH SHI-" deleted it soon afterwards (assuming he actually did make the tweet)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Opossum-

Dat timing :cool:
They don't call you Overlord for nothing. :cool:

Lots of people here. Especially guests.

HEY GUESTS! Make an account! Join the discussion! Support Muddy Mole! Have fun! Most of us don't bite!

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Er, I don't think a developer unless drunk from a lot of sake would reveal CRUCIAL information on his game so early on like this.

Wait, that is it! HE WAS DRUNK! :awesome:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
So I take it everyone here already heard about that 2 out of 3 tweet from Sakurai. lol

Either he's drunk or trolling. lol

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
There SHOULD be Japanese fan sites buzzing with this news though

Sites that don't just link to the NSider article

Surely someone that spend their entire life in digital communication would have noticed it

Was it posted at a weird time in Japan or something?
Agreed. As exciting as this could potentially be, if it is indeed real, one would think people in Japan would have noticed this and started a riot as well.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That's the point, Holder, that's why he deleted it (again, assuming it was real)
My point is that he wouldn't have done it to begin with, not even us would accidentally do that. That is why I joked about alcohol, he would never willing post a tweet like that.

D

Deleted member

So which 2 do you guys think he is talking about? Surely it's Megaman and Isaac, right?
If the tweet is true and this isn't trolling on Sakurai's behalf, we would probably see Mega Man get in as playable with Isaac as either AT or playable.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, at least it's something if it is fake. Plus it's another question to ask Sakurai, and we can try to see if he'll answer anything! :grin:

But yeah, hope for the best but act like the worst scenario is confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom