• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
you don't have the merits to counter me. level up to apprentice at the very least.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
no i wasn't... i had classes today... i could not afford to skip out on my classes... i am basically paying 104 dollars an hour for something i wasn't there to learn.

the good thing was that my Survey of the Games Industry we just spent the whole time watching the XBOX stream.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Smash Wii U and/or Smash 3DS are shown at E3 2012, 2013, or 2014, and Mr. Caffeine presented them, I would be SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!

Mostly because I am sure he would accidentally confirm a character that wasn't previously confirmed!

:laugh:

After that, he would probably freak out, and get so super excited about that character he would start running around in circles, and trying to chase an invisible Scooby Doo.

:rotfl:

@ august
Well at least you got to see it! XD

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman

Anyways...

I doubt it. Nintendo has NEVER revealed a redesign at E3, esp one focused on a new system.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That "fake game" shown last night actually looked like a decent prototype. If it turns out to be a real game, I would be somewhat interested in it, depending on how it turns out. Such a project or idea sounds like it has the potential to be great. That and the controls for it (by using the Wii U Pro Pad) look pretty cool.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Metal
-Halo 4's story is a rip-off of Metroid Prime. And it's enemy. The planet looked like Tallon IV, there were insect enemies that looked like they were from it, there were things that looked like Chozo rip-offs, and there were wanna-be Space Pirate things. Oh, and even a new weapon looked like Metroid (Prime). Other than that, it looked good.
-Gears of War (4?): Retribution was teased, but it was very short and kinda pointless.
-Black Ops 2 was shown, looked worse and worse as it went on. Like "PRESS A TO WIN" bad.
-All 3 of these games only showed single-player, which was stupid.
-Lots of mention of the games shown will have DLC first released on 360.
-New Tomb Raider looks decent. It will be on Windows and 360 only (so far).
-Dance Central 3 with Usher performing a song from it. 'Twas terrible.
-Lots of Kinect stuff. Most of it sucked.
-You can use your Kinect to do voice commands like "Xbox, go to movies" and it will do it.
-You can use Kinect on Madden 13 and FIFA 13 for voice commands like calling plays, changing plays, or changing a particular part of plays.
-Joe Montana (the greatest quarterback of all-time!) did the voice commands for Madden 13. It took 1-4 seconds to register what he said. He played as the 2012-2013 49ers, which was weird, because he sucked as quarterback Alex Smith, but was great with (THE INCONVENIENT TRUTH,) running back Frank Gore.
-Several Kinect games were shown. Nearly all of the, if not all of them, looked average at best.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
SmartGlass can just go die. I guess it's a "smart move," but good luck convincing the install base to use it. Honestly, I like Microsoft a good bit, but their lack of focus on new game experiences is appalling. There was a whole lot of focus on multimedia, which isn't what gaming is about.

I know we live in a time where consoles are multimedia devices, but the ratio to focus on games should be 80-20 in favor of games. I don't care what neato features SmartGlass enables for other types of media, if it ends up having no genuinely great game applications, it will be a flop.

Another thing, SmartGlass isn't going to drive 360 sales. I don't know when Microsoft is announcing their successor to the 360, but it'd better be soon. Nothing gets fans excited like new hardware, and all Microsoft showed was some multimedia window that is all over the place in terms of its target function.

But Tomb Raider... Oh sweet Jesus.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
EA's E3 2012 Presentation is on now. Click here for a live stream or watch it on live now on Spike like me! :grin:

Also, I expect a Xbox 360 successor in the next 13 months.

I think we'll see the PlayStation 4 in 13-30 months. It seems to be a long way to go. Sony always did like showing up late to the party, and having better and newer technology than the other companies did for longer by joining a generation later. Plus the PS3 is so high tech and they lost so much money initially (before earning it back slowly and then very quickly) that doing that again would be too risky I think.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Seems most of the recent NP Sakurai interview was uploaded.

Hopefully you'll see what I ment the other day:

-regarding the new Super Smash Bros.: "We've just taken what you could call the first step of the process. This is the first time I've ever had my next project announced before it's even entered development, and because of that, I fear that players will be forced to wait even longer than they expect to. Please be patient."

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Besides Sony Smash, anyone got any idea of what sony's conference is gonna feature?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think secretly because of the extremely early announcement (before development started), Sakurai is happy Melee and Brawl modding is happening and engaging us, specifically mods that change the gameplay and the way the game is like Balanced Brawl and Project M.

Also, the Wii U launch, and other Nintendo titles will help the mindless masses from saying "smash needs to come out NOAW!" :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Let's hope Sony is smart enough to let the PlayStation Move die... unless they want to put into it what Nintendo put into their motion controls on the Wii. That is, of course, if they don't sacrifice the quality of their other games, herpa derpa.

Also, EA surprised me with their UFC MMA game. I guess UFC Undisputed 3's negative reception due to its' glitches and bugs caused Dana White to jump ship (again). :laugh:

Edit: Sakurai probably hasn't finalized the roster. Maybe got a "rough draft" done and gone through a few phases from there, but not finished. Still, I expect we'll at least get the game mentioned.

I mean, it doesn't hurt to mention Smash Brothers, does it=??? It's not like Reggie has Smash Bros. phobia! I mean, he did call Brawl the best Smash Bros ever! :laugh:
It isn't.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
BTW has anyone got any links to Sony's conference feeds?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@John- So, basically Microsoft's conference sucked except for Halo 4

Figures

I don't think we're getting any kind of trailer until E3 2012

:phone:

I would very much like to see some new original game ideas get thrown around for a change. For the last decade I think the hype at every expo has been the announcement for the next installment in some franchise. Maybe its simply this day in age that is doing that. A new movie does very well. Gee, lets go and make plans for 2, 3 and 4.

Nintendo has always rehashed its mascots for every little spin-off. I liked the addition of Xenoblade since it was a 1st party developer and an entirely new game. I guess I wouldn't mind a sequel and maybe, maybe a 3rd game for such a series, but that would be the limit. The direction they took with its mascot crew is getting tiresome. Mario and Luigi get put into their 700th spin-off or 8th sequel. Stuff like Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Galaxy were good though. Luigi gets his own game and the Galaxy game was like a new take on the Mario Bros. series. An attempt to do newer things for an older series.

I sort of prefer the stuff that happened with Icarus, Golden Sun, and Pikmin. The game comes out and are really good, then they do not see a new installment until years later.

I hope we get no announcement on anything solid this year for the smash series and it takes another 4-5 years before we see anything.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Sly 4, The Last of Us, Playstation All-Stars, new Ratchet and Clank game, some game that is apparently gonna be stereoscopic 3D with their new 3D game... (didn't hear it from me but... SOCOM), Assassin's Creed: Liberation, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Kara, Monster Hunter Vita...

The Last Guardian.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree Xeylode. I like we get Smash Bros. games every 5 or so years, especially since we're getting two. It makes me hungry for smash bros. even more. It also allows more creative thinking for longer, and it gives Sakurai and co tons of times to think of awesome things to add. That's also why each smash bros. game is so different, and why I am banking of this time allowing these 2 forthcoming smash bros. games to be different.

@ Metal
Tomb Raider didn't suck (it was just "good"), Gears of War was okay (it wasn't much), and some of the non-gaming stuff (ESPN on your Xbox, NBA Season Pass, NBA TV, NHL Season Pass, NHL Network, some of the social stuff, etc) was cool. It's just the gaming-related stuff was too predictable.

Also, we'd be lucky to get a 15 second teaser or a few (concept) pictures related to Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS.

Random note: Borderlands had 17,750,000 guns. WOAW! I thought it only had about 200,000. I thought 200,000 guns was was ridiculous! o.O

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So...any ideas on what this "first step" might entail?

I think Sakurai has just finalized the roster.
I think first step means he's got the planned or like John said, rough draft roster done, but there has been very little actual data or programming done. By planned roster I mean including characters that might get cut later on in development (like the Forbidden 7), but doesn't have any "last-minute emergency clones" yet. He's probably in the stage of fleshing out their movesets if his twitter pic was anything to go by.

I would very much like to see some new original game ideas get thrown around for a change. For the last decade I think the hype at every expo has been the announcement for the next installment in some franchise. Maybe its simply this day in age that is doing that. A new movie does very well. Gee, lets go and make plans for 2, 3 and 4.

Nintendo has always rehashed its mascots for every little spin-off. I liked the addition of Xenoblade since it was a 1st party developer and an entirely new game. I guess I wouldn't mind a sequel and maybe, maybe a 3rd game for such a series, but that would be the limit. The direction they took with its mascot crew is getting tiresome. Mario and Luigi get put into their 700th spin-off or 8th sequel. Stuff like Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Galaxy were good though. Luigi gets his own game and the Galaxy game was like a new take on the Mario Bros. series. An attempt to do newer things for an older series.

I sort of prefer the stuff that happened with Icarus, Golden Sun, and Pikmin. The game comes out and are really good, then they do not see a new installment until years later.

I hope we get no announcement on anything solid this year for the smash series and it takes another 4-5 years before we see anything.
I really hope (and also suspect) we might see from Miyamoto's IP in some aspect, maybe simply artwork or a description or title. Hopefully more, though.

Other than that, I doubt we'll see a sequel to any more "B-tier" franchises like Kid Icarus or Golden Sun, or any other game that doesn't get sequels often (other than Pikmin). I think Nintendo wants to get as many people drawn into the Wii U right off the bat, so I think they would be focusing on games that would draw more people in to start with. I suspect we'll see either Starfox or F-Zero though, and they really haven't gotten new original games in a while.

And Mario/Luigi/Pokemon etc. will always get rehashed, because it always brings in the money. At least a good deal of the rehashes are decent.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
According to that 2005 document of his, characters are among the very first aspects of the game Sakurai decides on. Although nothing significant appears to be done so far, character selection would logically precede playing around with action figures for movesets.

Also, I am fully expecting that action figure to become a playable Little Mac. It appears as though his crouching and running poses are being shown in those Twitter pictures (possibly his 'rush' attack from his Assist Trophy form will become his dash attack?).

:phone:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even before the characters, you gotta get beta-esk modes, the physics down, ALL graphics-related technology, and start building up the online and online interface.
Yeah, I agree. I really just meant that the roster has been planned in the pre-production phase. Now Sakurai is creating the moves
with his little dolls :troll:
and will then implement them into the game when a sufficient amount of the stuff you mentioned is programmed enough.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Also, EA surprised me with their UFC MMA game. I guess UFC Undisputed 3's negative reception due to its' glitches and bugs caused Dana White to jump ship (again). :laugh:[/SPOILER]
You know, Omar Kendall (one of the heads of PS Battle Royale All Stars development) was head of the THQ studio behind Undisputed 2 and 3.

Just a reminder of the PSBRAS team's background.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh, and put together some beta list of stages, import (almost?) everything from Brawl, and get the music ready. I mean seriously, Brawl had like 300 songs!

Also, MOTHER-phobia is probably caused because the games wouldn't sell that well. If you advertise EarthBound with smash bros, however, that could change. That or bundle the series.

@ BKupa
Yes, but it's just a rough draft. The roster lineup can always change. In fact, everything can change. Heck, Sakurai added like 5-7 characters late in Melee's development.

@ ~automatic
Hopefully for Sony's sake he's leaning more towards Undisputed 2 self than his Undisputed 3 self! :laugh: As a gaming fan, I want to see PlayStation All-Stars be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom