• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Oasis's picture has character that are like Ridley in their series,and their size in smash is not what they should be.
Now,since Oasis is not there,having the picture is another thing.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
As big of an announcement as this is, it really just serves to make more questions than it answers. We know that a prototype is being worked on, but we literally know nothing of the actual game. Honestly, even a title would be nice at this point. A trailer probably won't show up until early next year, optimistically speaking. Another Smash Dojo sounds like a great promotional idea, I wouldn't expect anything soon. We can only hope the aid of Namco Bandai helps to get this game released within the first half of this century.

:phone:

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
I love what happens when Ridley comes into these discussions... always gets stuck at "RIDLEY ISNT TOO BIG! DIDNT YOU PLAY MELEE?"
Since I even mentioned Melee's intro right? My argument is that he would work at a medium and large size regardless.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Really all that is needed to make discussion EXPLODE is the title(s), perhaps a single character.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm sure this has been talked about to death but what are people's thoughts on another Kid Icarus rep? Personally, I like the idea but I have a hard time deciding who I'd like best. In my opinion, Palutena, Viridi, Hades, Magnus, Medusa, and even Phosphora would all be interesting prospects. Uprising had a lot of endearing characters and I know that I'd like to see one of them in SSB4 aside from Pit.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm kind of expecting Pac-Man, but if say, a Digimon gets in, I'm going to cream.
*sarcasm*

Man the life boats if Etemon pops up.

*end sarcasm*

Did anyone bet on a Namco character?
Not really. The fact that Namco Bandai is working on Smash 4 is not a literal guarantee that 3rd parties are coming back. Remember, Namco Bandai developed Mario Super Sluggers, but did not implement any of its own characters into the mix; something that Square Enix actually did for Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Mario Sports Mix.

Likewise, Star Fox Assault was developed by Namco, but because this is a mainstream title that we're talking about, Namco characters could not be utilized. And the odd part is that that game has a VS Mode.

Namco Bandai includes Bandai. And Bandai made a Mega Man cartoon series.

Mega Man confirmed for SM4SH
Hate to burst your bubble, but Mega Man is still Capcom's property.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've never even played Uprising, but I'm sure that the growing collection of Kid Icarus characters will expand the list of Kid Icarus trophies that could be added. Just imagine
Hades
making a trophy cameo.

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
Where the wild things are, by way of Georgia.
Lol you guys went crazy on the Namco character wishlist. Personally, I'm more concerned about how Namco will bring it's experience with fighters to make the actual gameplay deeper, more fun, and more balanced than ever, while still keeping the Smash flavor of course.

Besides, realistically, if any third party comes from them it'd have to be someone iconic (not random or obscure) who has a history with Nintendo so: Lloyd or Pacman maybe both..but most likely only one. But that's as far as I see that going, this is still a Nintendo-centric game..don't let your imagination run too wild because of this announcement lol. They could throw a curveball but trying to predict a surprise is pointless and silly.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I haven't played Uprising either (I don't have a 3DS and can't afford one) but I have seen all but a few chapters from the game on youtube. I genuinely want another Kid Icarus because the cast of Uprising is probably the most memorable that Nintendo has created in nearly a decade.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lol you guys went crazy on the Namco character wishlist. Personally, I'm more concerned about how Namco will bring it's experience with fighters to make the actual gameplay deeper, more fun, and more balanced than ever.

Besides, realistically, if any third party comes from them it'd have to be someone iconic (not random or obscure) who has a history with Nintendo so: Lloyd or Pacman. But that's as far as I see that going, this is still a Nintendo-centric game..don't let your imagination run to wild because of this announcement lol. They could throw a curveball but trying to predict a surprise is pointless and silly.
This is pretty much why I'm not taking Namco Bandai's involvement as a confirmation that 3rd parties are returning.

yani

Smash Lord
I really doubt there won't be third parties. For Namco it's a toss up between Pacman, Lloyd, and KOS-MOS imo.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm sure this has been talked about to death but what are people's thoughts on another Kid Icarus rep? Personally, I like the idea but I have a hard time deciding who I'd like best. In my opinion, Palutena, Viridi, Hades, Magnus, Medusa, and even Phosphora would all be interesting prospects. Uprising had a lot of endearing characters and I know that I'd like to see one of them in SSB4 aside from Pit.
I think for the most part everyone has generally considered Palutena as the "frontrunner." Medusa's fanbase kind of imploded after people found out she was stomped out one-third of the way into the game. The others, as developed as they are, don't have the same history as Palutena or Medusa, who've been a part of the series since the beginning.

That mostly sums up the situation.

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
I really doubt there won't be third parties. For Namco it's a toss up between Pacman, Lloyd, and KOS-MOS imo.
There will be third parties but either one of two things will happen:

1. The two third parties from Brawl will return and we get one (or two) Namco third parties.

2. The two third parties from Brawl will leave and we get two (or one) Namco third party.

And now that you mention it Kos-mos is a possibility since Monolith is owned by Nintendo and Namco published the Xenosaga games...actually...that's very plausible when I think about it. But it's still the last character I'd be expecting among those three, she's not as popular as Lloyd or Pacman. But it's definitely possible.

One thing's for sure though, I doubt we'll be dissapointed in Smash 4's roster. So I have little desire to speculate too much.

JPW

Smash Ace
I find a Kid Icarus rep very hard to choose. Because Pit is the only central character in the whole game.

I guess Pauletena could be the best bit. But i just can't imagine her as the brawling type.
Pauletena vs Pit sounds like a very weird matchup.

Hades would be an ultimate badass though. Total beast. It could work for him. I think Hades has a better chance as a boss fight though.

yani

Smash Lord
There will be third parties but either one of two things will happen:

1. The two third parties from Brawl will return and we get one (or two) Namco third parties.

2. The two third parties from Brawl will leave and we get two (or one) Namco third party.

And now that you mention it Kos-mos is a possibility since Monolith is owned by Nintendo and Namco published the Xenosaga games...actually...that's very plausible when I think about it. But it's still the last character I'd be expecting among those three, she's not as popular as Lloyd or Pacman. But it's definitely possible.

One thing's for sure though, I doubt we'll be dissapointed in Smash 4's roster.
The bold is what I'd prefer. I just want Sonic to make an encore appearance :sonic:

Namco does love KOS-MOS, so I can see it happening. Last amongst the three I've listed like you said though. Xenosaga I+II are on the DS (JP only) and she will be appearing in Project X Zone, developed by Monolith. Although I'd prefer Seven from Xenoblade over KOS-MOS myself :awesome:

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
The bold is what I'd prefer. I just want Sonic to make an encore appearance :sonic:

Namco does love KOS-MOS, so I can see it happening. Last amongst the three I've listed like you said though. Xenosaga I+II are on the DS (JP only) and she will be appearing in Project X Zone, developed by Monolith. Although I'd prefer Seven from Xenoblade over KOS-MOS myself :awesome:
Wait....doesn't Xenoblade count as first party?? Since like I said Nintendo FULLY owns Monolith

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
C'mon!

......and now......

The cheetahmen

Cheetahmen for SM4SH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgUdrKAA8to

I think Palutena will be playable with Viridi as an assist.

I like how people are wanting to hear my opinion on this. Did you not see me using Foamy Mouth Guy to express my excitement?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well the funny thing is Kuma I had thought of you when I heard the news of Namco-Bandai developing the game, especially when I learned it was the Tekken team taking up gameplay.

Speaking of Namco, from what I have been reading online Namco isn't just helping to collaborate, they are primarily handling development. You can kind of see that when Sakurai says he is impressed by the prototype Namco-Bandai has put together. I'm not too worried about this since I know Sakurai and Project Sora will not let the game drift too far from the heart of the series, nor do I think Koboyashi and the head honchos of Namco want that either.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That one boss fight against Palutena in the game proved something else though
and I think it would be pretty humorous anyway if Pit and Palutena were pitted against each other. BreadBug also made this codec to reflect this:

Pit: Lady Palutena?! What are you doing here?

Palutena: I got a bit bored of sitting and watching you fight, so I decided to come crash the party!

Pit: Are you crazy? You could really get hurt out here!

Palutena: I think you'd be surprised, Pit. I can hold my own pretty well.

Pit: Well, alright. As long as I don't have to KO you.

(If during a stock match and Pit and Palutena are the only two left.)

Pit: Auuuuugh! It's just me and you! Why did we have to do a stock match?

Palutena: Just try not to think about how you're fighting an infinitely powerful goddess, and focus on keeping your damage down.

Pit: (sulking) This is no time for jokes...

Palutena: Oh, lighten up! It's just a game.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
"They can't cut Sonic until he gets a good moveset"

*good moveset*

"They can't cut Sonic,he's got a very good moveset"

Problem,Sakurai?:troll:

I expect KI:U's codec to have the character's art from 3DS to be shown on the Gamepad's screen(or 3DS's)and if another character has to crash the codec like Slippy,just create another art for them,Slippy had his own MGS codec.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
When the new Pokemon games come out, I want to play all of you.

More specifically, I want to beat all of you with my Pokemon skillz.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Holder, I shall beat your Pokémon with my Digimon... :troll:

IMO, Pac-Man is the greatest Digimon of all-time... :psycho:

Edit: And it seems me riding the Pac-Man hype train makes me look smart now... :grin:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Speaking of Namco, from what I have been reading online Namco isn't just helping to collaborate, they are primarily handling development. You can kind of see that when Sakurai says he is impressed by the prototype Namco-Bandai has put together. I'm not too worried about this since I know Sakurai and Project Sora will not let the game drift too far from the heart of the series, nor do I think Koboyashi and the head honchos of Namco want that either.
who told you they are "primarily handling development"? most likely speculation based on their chosen words.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There are probably several primary developers. I imagine Game Arts and the other 2 Brawl developers are back (along with Sora, which is confirmed); probably even HAL Laboratories is helping with development, too. I think that might explain why the lack of fresh and new Kirby games (minus an Anniversary Collection) as well as why Tekken X Street Fighter are both taking forever! :laugh:

Edit: Also, I am REALLLLYYYY riding the Pac-Man hype train now. (chu-chu!)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Tekken X Street Fighter wasn't going to start until SFxT came out. But Harada was also in charge of Tekken Tag 2 so until that releases, we can put him back to work... but wait! where's all his staff? lol
but this will put a damper on the release date for Tekken x street fighter.

(and yes, i totally did steal your post and edited it so that it is more correct)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Tekken X Street Fighter wasn't going to start until SFxT came out. But Harada was also in charge of Tekken Tag 2 so until that releases, we can put him back to work... but wait! where's all his staff? lol
but this will put a damper on the release date for Tekken x street fighter.

(and yes, i totally did steal your post and edited it so that it is more correct)
It makes me wonder if Harada was alluding to Smash 4 when he said that Tekken X Street Fighter could be on next gen consoles. It definitely adds up.

vicgur

Smash Ace
The truth is, if this Namco partnership adds a Namco thirdy to the game, it's probably gonna be Pac Man.

He might not be a fighting character, but he is a big video game character in general. He is even bigger than Sonic and Snake mixed together. He may be a little down today, but he is still one of the biggest video game characters in history.
Not to mention he already appeared in a Mario Kart, so he is not a stranger in Nintendo games.

I think adding him would be important and interesting. I'm all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom