• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tecnique. DLX-Hit-cancel.

S2

Smash Lord
Well we can close this then.

Supposedly its Falco specific.

Plus, TC just named a known technique after himself, this has been in the Falco section for a week now.

DanteLink X

Smash Rookie
I have known this since tuesday. Also, the guy that found about it too isn't right about how it can be performed. It can only be done after you have used your throw on your opponent. Yes, for every throw u do, you get one of these. I will show in the video. Its impossible to do if u haven't throw your opponent at least once. I have also done it with other characters. Mario and Fox specially.

Video is almost done.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
There are other forms of hit canceling in the game too, Ganon can cancel his utilt, and this one are the only ones known at this time. Im not sure where I read that Ganon can do it(I think it was a gimpyfish thread)and they are working on how to do it purposefully since they didn't do it on purpose. Maybe every character has a move they can cancel into another one. This will come in handy since I just happen to play Falco~.

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
I have known this since tuesday. Also, the guy that found about it too isn't right about how it can be performed. It can only be done after you have used your throw on your opponent. Yes, for every throw u do, you get one of these. I will show in the video. Its impossible to do if u haven't throw your opponent at least once. I have also done it with other characters. Mario and Fox specially.

Video is almost done.
*sigh*

I'd love to see the video. Especially how it doesn't even work with Fox.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
lol its like people are trying to name advanced techs after themselves as soon as the game comes out so that they are immortalized forever in the smash world...

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Well, whether or not it's a "technique" as opposed to just "hey guys this is how the game works" I don't know, but one thing's for sure: no name has ever stuck around after someone called it after themselves. I think wobbling, named after Wobbles, was used by someone other than him. If we decide to even dub this an advanced technique, it will get a name change. Maybe something like "Dash-Link" or "DLink" for short works, and it's kind of like your name, so it's sort of giving you kudos for it. :-/

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
The video is certainly something, the way it seems to naturally flow, hopefully other SSBB owners can see this and work with it, love that its multi character too. I say good work, even if its not totally new he seems to have it at least understood enough to get things started. More people working on it, able to reproduce it and then try slightly different approaches.

-True

DanteLink X

Smash Rookie
Whats with the whole clown users replying with "funny" posts? can't we just discuss an advanced tecnique for a game we all enjoy? I don't get paid for this, I just wanted to share this with u, since I have learned a lot from some of the users around here. And I once heard this was a very respectable board. I didn't know we had all these funny dudes around. Anyways I am over this. I though in sharing some other cool tips but it seems these boards are filled with Anti-AT topics and a lot of people seem to be on the "hate brawl cuz it isn't melee" train.

JJnew

Smash Cadet
DLink... both named as dash link and as Its creators. I belive it can be assigned.
Dlink..X?

Team Giza

Smash Lord
But DanteLink X... many of us already knew about this. There is actually a thread about it already made, and its on the front page general discussion now. :laugh:

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for sharing the technic, Dante. Do not let some guys here stop you from posting amazing finds again in the future. You found out how to do it, a thing that wasn't specificaly said in the other thread.

Great work.

This can really work with Mario and Fox?

Only Up-Smashes?

orintemple

Smash Lord
But DanteLink X... many of us already knew about this. There is actually a thread about it already made, and its on the front page general discussion now. :laugh:
Plus you named it after yourself, which is really arrogant and kind of uncool. This is a great thing though. I hadn't actually heard of this til now so I was glad to see it. I am gonna have to try it next time I get my hands on Brawl.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
I found a new adv. tech too! It's called Lant-planting.

You dashgrab somebody, down throw them, and then shorthop DAIR them.

[/sarcasm]

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
isn't this a basic move? I noticed it with my Zamus. Running A into a A,A,A combo (or into a Down Smash, etc). I think the game is built to be able to attack right after your Running A (for some characters who do something like a running jump kick like Fox/Falco/Zamus/etc). ....don't know why you couldn't notice that....

NO VIDS ARE NEEDED in my opinion...just imagine a running attack that can be chained into anything else (given that the next attack doesn't have much start-up lag)...that is all.

"DLX-Hit-Cancel"? LoL, i trust this was a joke (in reference to naming moves after yourself, like "INK"....dropping.... ...LOL! omg...wtf?).

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
While it's true that he could have just posted this in that thread, at least he has some new insight on the tech that that thread didn't offer-- that it can be performed after a dthrow by multiple characters, maybe many of them but that info is pending.

The vid DID just show Falco but I don't see any reason he'd be lying about it working with other characters.

Anyway, good find man, don't let the AT-hate bring you down, a lot of us love to hear this kind of info. Though to be fair the name IS kind of ridiculous. :p

MprisM

Smash Journeyman
Whats with the whole clown users replying with "funny" posts? can't we just discuss an advanced tecnique for a game we all enjoy? I don't get paid for this, I just wanted to share this with u, since I have learned a lot from some of the users around here. And I once heard this was a very respectable board. I didn't know we had all these funny dudes around. Anyways I am over this. I though in sharing some other cool tips but it seems these boards are filled with Anti-AT topics and a lot of people seem to be on the "hate brawl cuz it isn't melee" train.
This is the exact reason that I rarely post on these forums. Even if you did make a mistake, theres a good sum of people on these boards who are trigger happy to make you feel like **** for it. Even though they are just repeating in their own words what the last guy said, or the guy before them.

Apparently being inconsiderate of others is the right thing to do online, it's not like you have a face, so people don't have to feel guilty for being total pricks.

They might not seem mean, but hearing "You've failed," from 40 different members sucks.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
All I see is a combo that starts from a throw.

This isn't an AT by a long shot.
Canceling a move while it's animation is still finishing gives you NO LAG and let's you Combo better.

He ChainThrows Marth, and then, he Dashes, does a DashAttack and an Up-Smash INSIDE the DashAttack animation! This is very important. If it can be done with other Moves, combos in Brawl will be very good.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I know this is completely irrelevant but... DanteLink as in the AWESOME DMC3 player? I dug your combo vid.

Anyways, that sounds like IASA frames but I'm not sure.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I don't think so... I think there was a guy Inks or Inky something or other and Gimpy just went along with it.
It was posed by a combination of people who attended E4All, and it wasn't even a technique yet, just speculation on what they THOUGHT might be a technique. The name was mostly a joke, posted here by Gimpy, and Inks himself went on the record to say that he didn't care what it was called, but for some reason most of the people here really liked it so it stuck. Of course, they figured out pretty soon afterwards that Ink Dropping doesn't exist, so it doesn't matter anyway.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Well that vid certainly got my hopes up. Can you please post vids for Fox and Mario too? Also, if you can get Ness to do this, that would be an amazing combo (potential 5 hits! 3 from his dash attack and 2 from the yo-yo.)

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
This would akin to reverse beat in Melty Blood, which is basically canceling the recovery of a normal with a normal of a weaker strength.

For example you can do 2C, then immediately do 5A to cancel the recovery of the 2C.

But yeah, regardless of this is 'legit' or whatever, don't bloody name it after yourself.

DanteLink X

Smash Rookie
I know this is completely irrelevant but... DanteLink as in the AWESOME DMC3 player? I dug your combo vid.

Anyways, that sounds like IASA frames but I'm not sure.
Yeah, I am one of the best DMC3 players, right the up to my "brothas" tatsumarublack and Pokey86. Just look for our vids and you will see.

Dahbomb, Tatsumarublack, Pokey86 and me were the ones that made that big a$$ 500 pages DMC3 combo system dissection that you can get for free at gamefaqs, I have entered DMC3 tournaments and I have won some of them. You can find my videos at my youtube page. Just click my username from the vid I posted.

I just love gaming, and I like finding tecniques about it and share them with fellow players. If it serves as any indicator I also was one of the first to find about advanced shyruken cancelling in Ninja Gaiden (wich also has proof on my YT site). But oh well, thats off-topic.

Anyways, sorry if it was already posted, I didnt really know, at least I know the correct method on how to do it. I hope this has helped some people that are going to main falco, fox or mario.

However, I am over this, have a great time enjoying Brawl :). I shall comeback to these forums once they are back to normal. And yeah, the name thing was a joke for christ sake.

Finch

Smash Lord
This topic fails. The only technique in smash to ever be named after the one who discovered it was wobbling, and it was discovered long after melee's competitive scene had developed. No technique that anyone wants to name after themselves right now, when only a few people have the game is gonna stick, so just stop worrying about it.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
This topic fails. The only technique in smash to ever be named after the one who discovered it was wobbling, and it was discovered long after melee's competitive scene had developed. No technique that anyone wants to name after themselves right now, when only a few people have the game is gonna stick, so just stop worrying about it.
The topic was informative, it didn't fail.

But you sure did.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Attention, Smash Community. Stop trying to name everything, and dub it an "advanced technique. And definitely stop trying to toss your name in the title.

Take a cue from other, more experienced Fighting game communities.

_X_

Smash Lord
"The Wobble" wasn't even discovered by Wobbles although he made it famous.

Special note: For it to work, you need to have used your throw on your opponent.
This I don't get at all, why?

Maben

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand having to use a throw either. That's even more random than having to use Luigi's rising tornado on the ground first. (i believe the tornado works every time in Brawl though)

Top Bottom