• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 14 - Ovah?!?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wait, i am not interested on you, i just wanted a post from you (You are an IC,but you havent posted too much).

I will speak with Ryker when he post on the thread.
Why would you wait on me? What does that accomplish? This a forum which is designed for you to be able to post a message for me to respond to later.

Don't expect Adum to post often. He's hung me out to dry on activity before.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Day 1 - Votecount #2:

---

Voted: |
Voting:
| Votes:
||
felipe_5959 |
Ryker, adumbrodeus​
|
2 / 5​

o-Serin-o |
Terywj​
|
1 / 5​

MARaTHonman |
Kantrip​
|
1 / 5​

Kantrip |
MARaTHonman, Panta​
|
2 / 5​

adumbrodeus |
felipe_5959​
|
1 / 5​

---

Not voting: X1-12, o-Serin-o;
With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

X1-12

Smash Champion
adum stop being a ******, its bad enough having to explain the point of my questions to newbies, im not gonna re explain then for your sake. Read the rest of my posts

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Orboknown, due to your failure to confirm right in time you have been replaced by another player. I'm sorry that it happened that way but you can't just start playing now.

Panta

Smash Cadet
mmmm so far this are my thoughts. Serin is acting like a newbie town (Offering for a sac etc). I dont like Ryker actitude about me being "really scummy": Didnt like his" Cmon serin, i am really townie" either (Trying to convince new player huh).

Vote: Adumb

Just a pressure vote
A vote like kinda loses its "pressure" when you announce it as such. You don't really seem committed to this game (I know you have been away), but that was just bad. You are just stating the obvious. :|

@panta: What do you think of X1?
Don't have much time, but I don't really see anything wrong with X1's play. I understand his questions aimed at Kantrip. However, I don't understand why he is asking them. His answers aren't changing my opinion of him, and from the looks of it, the same applies to X1.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Give Felipe some slack, since he is a newbie. I'll reread page 4 after laundry and hopefully find something useful.
You're not asking that for anyone else. Kantrip, especially, comes to mind seeing as he's been bothered a lot. Why do you feel the need to defend Felipe?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I think it's some unjustified words Panta is using on Felipe, that's all.

Kantrip actually seems like he knows what he's doing for the most part. I already got my reads off him, if that's what you're meaning.

X1-12

Smash Champion
If you got nothing, why didn't you follow it up with something else, it's obvious you're interested in my alignment, so why just stop?

If I'm not interesting to you anymore, why aren't you looking at ryker at all, you already said that you were uncomfortable with him.
How did you deduce the bolded?Is it already "obvious" that Felipe is town?

Humor me. I wouldn't ask the question if it didn't have a point.
I could say the same

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
How did you deduce the bolded?Is it already "obvious" that Felipe is town?
Hmmmm

X1, I was pointing out that his attempt to pressure me suggested that he was interested, which made abandoning it not make sense for a townie, suggesting he was merely pretending to be interested.

He gave a reasonable explanation for his behavior (at least at his level of play), so I dropped that line of inquiry.

I could say the same
Hence why I asked you what it was.

X1-12

Smash Champion
No lets not play that game

This
it's obvious you're interested in my alignment, so why just stop?
Does not mean this
I was pointing out that his attempt to pressure me suggested that he was interested
You said it was obvious that Felipe was interested in your alignment, now you are claiming you think it was "suggested that he was interested" which is clearly not what you said? Do you honestly not believe these two are different?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No lets not play that game

ThisDoes not mean this

You said it was obvious that Felipe was interested in your alignment, now you are claiming you think it was "suggested that he was interested" which is clearly not what you said? Do you honestly not believe these two are different?
I'm saying that in context it was obvious what I meant.

If I thought that it was obvious that he was town, why would I question him about the change in behavior?

Now, you're dodging the question, why?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Holy **** Laundry already begun??? going to confirm.

Btw, my modem is trowing me a /zcfgtryagain in the day, i can post on the ngihts only :/

Oh and i unvoted, stupid bbcode

Unvote:Adumb

ohn and Adumb, i dont know why you jumped so fast on that conclussion, this is day 1, i was asking just for activity ( i wanted something to read about you), i wasnt interested on your role/alignement or anything like that.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
oh and Ryker, why you where so sure about me being scummy??? I can udnerstand the random wagon, but icannot understand the reason you gave for it. Or why you are 100% town.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Wut

okay, sooo, first, i vote you to make you post, then i unvote and i am trying to vote you????

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Oh, aight. Thought you were using x1 grilling me as a gauge to decide if voting me was acceptable and just messed up.

To answer your question, the reason you seemed interested in my alignment was that, well that's what questions and pressure are supposed to do. So you can gain information so you can read people, because you're interested in them and their alignment.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@MARaTHonman: How do you feel about Felipe's posts after his conversation with X1? Also:

Marathonman, could you answer my #134 please?
:)

About Marathon, almost nothing, i skipped some of his posts xP

About My BW and Serin's actitude?? Meh. Typical case on EM. Its pretty common. When i was a newbie i always offered for a sac on d1 (but that changed when i discovered that didnt help the town, only maf)

And lulz at the Wagon with 2 votes xPPPPPP

Just saw the last post. Nothing. I want to see more post of your part.
@Felipe, I encourage you to read those posts you skipped over. It's never a good idea to miss out on potentially useful posts, especially if you skip all the posts by a certain player. Without an answer, I'm going to assume the worst.

MARaTHonman

Smash Rookie
@Kantrip Yes I still think Tery was facing you and Serin off each other.

Offering yourself at the immediate beginning offers no possible benefit to town as it literally sounds like you just don't want to contribute or care. If you are town, you have everything to prove by working together to scumhunt with the rest of us.
He says that being town is doing what Serin wasn't doing. This sounds to me like Tery could be implying that Serin is scum.

As for Felipe

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
No, I'm helping Serin out because volunteering to be lynched at the beginning of Day 1, while still in RVS is not a smart idea. Especially if he is town.

I have to help you guys get into the game, you know. =\

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I like Kantrip. He's continuously pushing for opinions on players--albeit having seemingly skipped over explanations--while responding regularly.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sorry, Tery; if I make a habit of skipping over things, if you don't mind, could you point them out to me? I've been known to do such things on social networks and the like as well.

Waiting on what Felipe and MARaTHonman have to say about each other, as neither have answered yet.

:glare::glare:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You're pushing continuously for the whole "Tery's intentions for discussing Kantrip and Serin" when I explained that nearly twice, haha. No worries though.

Serin~ Marathonman~~ Where are you~

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ah yeah, I read that and I know. I'm asking about it still because I'd like to hear what some other newbies thought of it. Not all questions are asked because people want the answer, necessarily.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
1.) X1-12
2.) Panta
3.) Marathonman
4.) Kantrip
5.) Felipe
6.) Serin
7.) Terywj
8.) Ryker
9.) Adumbrodeus

Hey Kantrip, since you're here. Why don't you share your list?

MARaTHonman

Smash Rookie
@Tery I know you're helping us try to get in the game, and I appreciate it. It's just a little difficult for me to get a read and then having that extra bit of you guys trying to teach us muddy the waters at the same. And just curious, what is the list?

@Kantrip Sorry to leave you hanging. I had to leave abruptly and forgot to delete that part. In an earlier post I commented that Serin saying what he did could leave an opening for someone to seem scummy if they immediately agreed and got him lynched. So that was what I thought Tery could be doing. But I guess not.

Kantrip

Kantplay
To be honest, I feel full lists help scum more than is necessary. This is just from games and quick topics I've read and not from any experience, but I would rather just share general reads that are actually significant to me.

Is that colour for X1 supposed to signify between yellow and green? Also could you explain Serin, considering he is the only scumpick you have there?

As for my reads, I've got Marathonman as looking scummy at this point, as well as possibly adum or Felipe. X1, Ryker, and Panta seem the most townie.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Tery I know you're helping us try to get in the game, and I appreciate it. It's just a little difficult for me to get a read and then having that extra bit of you guys trying to teach us muddy the waters at the same. And just curious, what is the list?

@Kantrip Sorry to leave you hanging. I had to leave abruptly and forgot to delete that part. In an earlier post I commented that Serin saying what he did could leave an opening for someone to seem scummy if they immediately agreed and got him lynched. So that was what I thought Tery could be doing. But I guess not.
This still doesn't answer it. :glare: Do you have an answer, because I can wait if you do. I'd like to know if you're just not going to answer, though. I'd like to know of any significant reads you may have, as well as your opinion of Felipe (taking into account the conversation between him and X1).

At bolded: why the "But I guess not"? Does the fact that it didn't happen that it wasn't intended to? Perhaps that was what Tery was doing, and it just didn't work?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I fully understand. I went through the same situation while trying to learn Mafia here.

The list helps determine reads. Red<->Yellow<->Green constituting Mafia<->Neutral<->Town respectively.

To be honest, I feel full lists help scum more than is necessary. This is just from games and quick topics I've read and not from any experience, but I would rather just share general reads that are actually significant to me.

Is that colour for X1 supposed to signify between yellow and green? Also could you explain Serin, considering he is the only scumpick you have there?

As for my reads, I've got Marathonman as looking scummy at this point, as well as possibly adum or Felipe. X1, Ryker, and Panta seem the most townie.
If you think lists are more detrimental, how do you expect town to get on the same page about who is viable lynch candidate, if nobody should post lists to avoid helping the scumteam? I guess specific reads of interest would work but I've found the full list to be more effective.

Yep! Yellow-green represents leaning town, while orange represents leaning scum. I find his play very peculiar (and not in the good way) and I'd like to see more from him.

Kantrip

Kantplay
And you don't have anything that looks more scum than "peculiar play"? Is everyone looking really townie to you? Is scum just playing really well, or do you think scum lies in the inactives?

I feel listing off significant reads with reasoning can be just as if not more helpful to town. Null reads can be implied, and if you have uncertain reads that are leaning one way or the other, it may be best to wait until you have a solid stance on that person. Scum can just take info from full read-lists at their leisure for NK information or what have you.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I expect at least one if not both the scumteam to be hiding amongst the inactive or less spoken members. I'm gonna try and analyze the X1-12 / Adumb discussion in the meantime.

Adversely, though, town can pick apart lists from their scumpicks and determine connections or lack of between the projected reads. However, I don't think lingering on this discussion will benefit us in any way.

Top Bottom