• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 22: Cave Story - Game Over!

John2k4

The End of an Era
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

JTB(1): SneakyTako
LoliLovesRain(2): PrivateJoker-Brown, JTB
PrivateJoker-Brown(4): LoliLovesRain, Ryker, JDietz, ToasterBrains
SneakyTako(1): Monstmrna
ToasterBrains(1): BadWolf

Deadline is: 8/26, 11:59PM MST. Approx. 35 hours until Deadline.

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
What a bold move! Explain yourself. :awesome:
I don't like how badwolf hasn't really been saying much, and I am getting weird vibes from these posts:

Need to die:

Loli
Joker
Badwolf

Unsure if should die:

Tako
Jdietz
Ryker

The heroes this town deserve:

Toaster
Mnstmrna
Loli, your next post will have content and present your scumpicks as well as exactly why you want to lynch Joker.

Badwolf, your next post will have content and present your scumpicks.

Jdietz, why were you afraid of putting Joker at L-1 despite being okay with his lynch? If he had been quicklynched and flipped town, wouldn't that net us a scum?
Then, even though he's more suspicious of the other people, or so he says, he swaps his vote to jdietz. He brings up badwolf as an opportunity, but avoids voting him. It smells fishy.

You OK with switching to bad wolf or jdietz then?

vote: jdietz

:phone:
Just a sort of gut feeling thing I've got.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So, in other words, she does have the capability to make quality intelligent posts right?

I say don't lynch her yet. If she posts well in later days, save her for later days.
I think if she really does make quality posts, smart posts, and otherwise is easily agreed upon that she's smart, surely she would have realized acting in the way she's was doing would only draw attention to how anti-town it seems, and if she was scum, would have been a little bit more subtle. Despite being a relatively new player.

I still think she's town, but that's not to say that your points aren't valid either.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm going to wait until a day or two from now to re-evaluate my town read on her.

Joker, how do you feel about the following post made by JTB:
Joker is not the play today with loli on the wagon, she's admitted she's solely.voting him so she can't be called a sheep, not because he's scum. Let our cop deal with joker

:phone:

Specifically, the fact that he just wants to let you off for now, only to have the cop deal with you at some point in the future?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
That doesn't seem like very sound logic, toaster. "she'll be smarter tomorrow" doesn't negate her scummy actions today.

Lemme ask you this, toaster. What is it about me that you find more scummy than Loli? Be specific. What did I do that was more scummy than what Loli did?

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
@JTB: 192 Okay so look at what people are saying okay.
52 You make it seem as if me switching my vote to Joker really meant something. As if there was REALLY something he did/said to make me switch. This makes it seem like joker needs more looking at or that it’s what you’re insinuating.
60 Again you insinuate seeing something in Jokers posts. I saw absolutely nothing actually. What was it that you saw?
175 If BW, Joker or I are your scum picks why did you want to vote JDietz? What did he do? I asked earlier but you never answered so I’m asking again. Why did you want to vote for JDietz when you have Badwolf as a scum pick and included him in the choice of BW/Jdietz? Wouldn’t you go for BW instead on your initial vote rather than JDietz?

Also Unvote
Joker has come this far without making me think there was an actual scum tell.
I am trying out a different playstyle yes. I want to see what works better for me as a player and this worked imo.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's not that "she'll be smarter tomorrow", it's that she obviously has the capacity to know what would be too obvious for a scum to do. If you were scum, would you do that, knowing full well it would make everyone think of you as scum?

And to be frank, Joker...
I'm still stuck on your reaction to the wagon that formed on you in the beginning of the game. I'm not sure but something tells me that you know full well that nobody was intending to lynch you until you pulled the "GUYS IT'S NOT ME YOU'RE ALL SILLY" stuff.

That, and deadline's soon and I don't want a no-lynch, and you're my only somewhat-scummy read at the moment. (I'm not very good day 1 either... rather, this is the only mafia game I've played (I've only played two) that I've actually put some effort into.)

That being said, on the chance that Joker is town...
Ryker was the first up Joker's *** about his reaction. Feel free to question me about how stupid I am all you like, in the event Joker isn't scum, but I think Ryker's a much better person to ask about it.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
It's not that "she'll be smarter tomorrow", it's that she obviously has the capacity to know what would be too obvious for a scum to do. If you were scum, would you do that, knowing full well it would make everyone think of you as scum?

And to be frank, Joker...
I'm still stuck on your reaction to the wagon that formed on you in the beginning of the game. I'm not sure but something tells me that you know full well that nobody was intending to lynch you until you pulled the "GUYS IT'S NOT ME YOU'RE ALL SILLY" stuff.

That, and deadline's soon and I don't want a no-lynch, and you're my only somewhat-scummy read at the moment. (I'm not very good day 1 either... rather, this is the only mafia game I've played (I've only played two) that I've actually put some effort into.)

That being said, on the chance that Joker is town...
Ryker was the first up Joker's *** about his reaction. Feel free to question me about how stupid I am all you like, in the event Joker isn't scum, but I think Ryker's a much better person to ask about it.
I'm going to be here all day. I'd rather look at JTB.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
:glare:

Something tells me you're only doing that because everyone was badgering you about keeping your vote on him.
No I did that because he honestly hasn't done anything very scummy aside from his reaction to the wagon forming on him which is a completely natural attitude.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
So you think that me reacting to an actual wagon, with people actually saying "lets quicklynch the scum" is a scumtell?

Whereas Loli acting strangely for no reason, and wanting to lynch a player that she wasn't convinced was scum, all seems fine to you?

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
So you think that me reacting to an actual wagon, with people actually saying "lets quicklynch the scum" is a scumtell?

Whereas Loli acting strangely for no reason, and wanting to lynch a player that she wasn't convinced was scum, all seems fine to you?
I agree with joker on this one. I was indeed acting like scum. What I did wasn't town at all however acting like scum is the easiest way for scum to pick out people to lynch during the day without being accused of being like scum seeing as how they can go on to the fact that welp they were acting scummy sooo whoops.

Joker I'm mainly speaking with you now since your reactions to how I was acting were all awesome town possum for me. I'm willing to think scum lies within JTB/BadWolf/Toaster. I feel as though Toaster is leaving backdoors for himself. Same wrt JTB. Today i'd lynch JTB/Toaster. One or the other is fine. I'd only say Ryker just because Ryker as scum is rlly hard to figure out so he's more of a threat if he is scum.

Toaster how do you feel about JTB?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Also, we don't know that we have a cop. It's a semi-open setup, so all we know is that Cop is a possibility. I think it's highly likely that we do have some type of investigative PR. Whether it's a Cop/Watcher/Tracker is not known.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hm. I know this may sound like an unusual question, JTB, but what makes you sure about this?

Just out of curiosity. I'm flattered.
In my readthrough, I noticed you and him were asking a lot of questions, saw no reason to look at you otherwise.

I don't like how badwolf hasn't really been saying much, and I am getting weird vibes from these posts:

Then, even though he's more suspicious of the other people, or so he says, he swaps his vote to jdietz. He brings up badwolf as an opportunity, but avoids voting him. It smells fishy.
This was a terrible post in hindsight. My objective wasn't to switch my vote to Jdietz but to get a reaction from Loli. I didn't think my initial post and as a result her reaction was null to me.

52 You make it seem as if me switching my vote to Joker really meant something. As if there was REALLY something he did/said to make me switch. This makes it seem like joker needs more looking at or that it’s what you’re insinuating.

60 Again you insinuate seeing something in Jokers posts. I saw absolutely nothing actually. What was it that you saw?
While Ryker says he wasn't referring to anything when he voted Joker, I was referring to his RVS post when he said he wanted to vote Badwolf but didn't want to in fear of causing a RVS lynch. When you voted him, I had assumed you saw the same thing that I did, but you cleared that up without me asking.

175 If BW, Joker or I are your scum picks why did you want to vote JDietz? What did he do? I asked earlier but you never answered so I’m asking again. Why did you want to vote for JDietz when you have Badwolf as a scum pick and included him in the choice of BW/Jdietz? Wouldn’t you go for BW instead on your initial vote rather than JDietz?
Went over this above. There was no reasoning behind choosing Jdietz over Badwolf, I was simply looking for a reaction from you which ended badly for me.

As far as my read on Badwolf goes, until I started questioning you, the two of you had very similar posting habits (just commentating on stuff, not doing anything). He remains scummy, but he's not my biggest scumread though.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
ebwop: think my initial post through*

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
@JTB: 192 Okay so look at what people are saying okay.

Also Unvote
Joker has come this far without making me think there was an actual scum tell.
I am trying out a different playstyle yes. I want to see what works better for me as a player and this worked imo.
Elaborate on your JTB read, please.
Basically my questions to him show my suspicion. His #52 and #60 both seem like he's insinuating that there was something in what you did that was telling of scum which there wasn't and yet he says he saw something but wanted to see if I saw it. He puts that he's "unsure" if Jdietz should die and yet in his #175 he says would you vote between badwolf/jdietz and then votes jdietz even though jdietz is someone he's unsure of. Yes then he initially votes me in the end but he never answers WHY he wanted to switch his vote to jdietz for reasons I never saw.

He also says cop will deal with you Joker but yet you're a scum pick of his...Just getting terrible feelings from him.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I agree with joker on this one. I was indeed acting like scum. What I did wasn't town at all however acting like scum is the easiest way for scum to pick out people to lynch during the day without being accused of being like scum seeing as how they can go on to the fact that welp they were acting scummy sooo whoops.

Joker I'm mainly speaking with you now since your reactions to how I was acting were all awesome town possum for me. I'm willing to think scum lies within JTB/BadWolf/Toaster. I feel as though Toaster is leaving backdoors for himself. Same wrt JTB. Today i'd lynch JTB/Toaster. One or the other is fine. I'd only say Ryker just because Ryker as scum is rlly hard to figure out so he's more of a threat if he is scum.

Toaster how do you feel about JTB?
Sigh. I figured if I said more stuff than usual I'll be scummy in at least one person's eyes.
Have fun with that theory, Loli. If I get lynched first day then I hope you feel silly when I flip town. I know what I have said has holes in it and doesn't seem well thought out or anything. I think I've disclaimed that enough.

Vote me, Loli. I know you want to. Doing so will not help town in any way possible, but if you must, vote for me. :smirk:

About JTB, I haven't payed attention to him much. I focused on Joker, but it's only making me look bad. But I don't mind. But he seems to be a popular choice for scum among you guys. He did say that monst and I were safe, apparently. He seemed sure of it (he had another section for people he was unsure about). I don't know why he thinks (knows?) that we're safe. He also seems very eager for a Joker lynch...

But then again, I don't think he's done anything too significant.
Except openly announcing he thinks that you, Joker, and Badwolf are scummy.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Toaster, calm down wrt Loli.

Also, you say JTB seems eager to lynch me, but earlier he insisted that I was not the right play for today, and his vote is not on me. If he was scum, how would this be helping him?

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Sigh. I figured if I said more stuff than usual I'll be scummy in at least one person's eyes.
Have fun with that theory, Loli. If I get lynched first day then I hope you feel silly when I flip town. I know what I have said has holes in it and doesn't seem well thought out or anything. I think I've disclaimed that enough.

Vote me, Loli. I know you want to. Doing so will not help town in any way possible, but if you must, vote for me. :smirk:

About JTB, I haven't payed attention to him much. I focused on Joker, but it's only making me look bad. But I don't mind. But he seems to be a popular choice for scum among you guys. He did say that monst and I were safe, apparently. He seemed sure of it (he had another section for people he was unsure about). I don't know why he thinks (knows?) that we're safe. He also seems very eager for a Joker lynch...

But then again, I don't think he's done anything too significant.
Except openly announcing he thinks that you, Joker, and Badwolf are scummy.
I put JTB before I put you. Also, how do you know who I want to vote? o.O

I'm going back to my original way of playing because posting a lot is ****ing stupid as ****. Peace

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
I'm okay with either a joker/badwolf/loli/JTB lynch today. If I were a betting man, I'd wager the scumteam to be among those. Maybe jdietz too... maybe. Everyone else I'm marginally okay with actually. I'd heavily prefer if we didn't nolynch today, I would hate for all this effort to go to waste today just for us to lynch somone tomorrow when we could have lynched them today.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
We still have tonight, and tomorrow to decide the lynch. It's not a TON of time, but I don't think we need to fear a nolynch just yet.

But yes, keep in mind that nolynch is bad. We don't want to just start over D2 having done nothing but allow the mafia to pick one of us off.

John2k4

The End of an Era
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

JTB(1): SneakyTako
LoliLovesRain(2): PrivateJoker-Brown, JTB
PrivateJoker-Brown(3): Ryker, JDietz, ToasterBrains
SneakyTako(1): Monstmrna
ToasterBrains(1): BadWolf

Not Voting(1): LoliLovesRain

Deadline is: 8/26, 11:59PM MST.

Ryker declared a V/LA in the DGames social thread yesterday, since some stuff came up that he is dealing with.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Agreed

but as long as I've got you here, Monst, can I get your thoughts on Loli's play today? Do you buy that it was an elaborate ploy? If so, what do you think she was gaining from it?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Agreed

but as long as I've got you here, Monst, can I get your thoughts on Loli's play today? Do you buy that it was an elaborate ploy? If so, what do you think she was gaining from it?
She's playing differently. If I would have to say, I would go null-scum. She's not usually this... active.

And I don't trust her.

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
Agreed

I'm not sure what to think of it, but I have this feeling that it would be really self destructive for her to draw that much attention to herself as scum. I feel that she would have at least sensed a little that what she was doing was scummy. Admittedly, I'm not willing to rule her out as scum, but I feel like it was more of a... derp moment for her.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Please refrain from posting in ongoing games that you are not in, BSP..

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm not sure what to think of it, but I have this feeling that it would be really self destructive for her to draw that much attention to herself as scum. I feel that she would have at least sensed a little that what she was doing was scummy. Admittedly, I'm not willing to rule her out as scum, but I feel like it was more of a... derp moment for her.
She claims she was looking scummy on purpose, and that her plan worked. What do you think she gained? All I can see is that she says she's got a solid town read on me. You buy any of that?

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
She claims she was looking scummy on purpose, and that her plan worked. What do you think she gained? All I can see is that she says she's got a solid town read on me. You buy any of that?
It does not matter if YOU understand what I'm trying to do so long as I understand what I am trying to do.

Also, BadWolf you always say you don't trust anyone when you're scum *rolls eyes*

Top Bottom