• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 7! Canceled!

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
Also, since May didn't have the cojones,
But she already had her vote on him

@Cello: do you find something odd about claiming to buddy Mayling specifically, as opposed to anyone else? Or would it be more unexpected if it was someone else?

Purple

Hi guys!

Who will survive...

Votes

Cello_Marl ()
Vult Redux ()
Mayling ()
The_Guide ()
Daedalus4198 ()
Swiss ($)*Isuyaru
Isuyaru ()
Riddle ($$) *mayling, Cello_Marl
Writer Kupo ($) *Riddle

Not Voting:Vult Redux ,The_Guide ,Daedalus4198 ,Swiss, Writer Kupo ($$$$$)

It takes 5/9 to eliminate a player.

...the liar game.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Isuyaru, you were curious as to why Riddle said he was going to buddy Mayling. Why do you think he was? It's apparent that Riddle thinks my vote is on him for his statements about Mayling. What do you think about Riddle's response?

One of the reasons I am asking Isuyaru specifically is because he is online right now. Some players use an invisible setting, and that's fine. Really, that is outside information anyway. But I, for one, am a person that will use whatever information is available to me to play as a good a game as possible. As such, it would be useless to ask a direct question to a player who has yet to realize the game is afoot, especially since I can't think of anything relevant to ask of any of those players. They will choose the time that they wish to join our conversations; how they do so, and what they have to say will be important. Consider that. Silence can only be used to blend in when the majority is silent. Otherwise, silence actually makes a person stand out. If someone realizes that, try to determine whether or not what they have to say was said simply for the sake of breaking that silence, or if they really have something to say. Being scum doesn't instantly make a person an idiot, despite some preconceptions to that end in DGames, but they do have a different goal. Chiefly, misconstruing others' actions to turn the town as a whole against innocents.

I didn't say it before, but this is my IC voice. If you already realized that from my previous post, that is a good sign. Gather information and don't be afraid to make inferences, then share them. We can't compare notes if you don't let at least your conclusions be known. I'll talk more about other stuff when it becomes relevant.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Oh. I'm slow. The issues has been belabored already.

I guess I'll be one of the kool kids and vote: Riddle.

Are you frightened yet?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Ninja'd.

@Isuyaru: Ah...yes, she did. I didn't notice. I implied an answer to your second question, but I'll answer it directly now. I didn't think it was odd one way or the other since I hadn't realized they knew each other except in context of their comments at each other. It wouldn't be more odd if it had been someone else, as far as I am aware.

I didn't notice that posts #41- #43 had been made before I submitted my post. After reading Isuyaru's response, I went back and checked to see if May had indeed voted for Riddle, and there it was. Looking at the vote count, I wondered why Roxy (the mod) put asterisks next to certain voters names, but I decided it wasn't worth actually making a post about. Vult was also interested in Riddle's response. Now we come to something called metagaming, or using information from outside the game to make a judgment about something inside the game. I've played with Vult in a game (or two? I don't remember) other than this one. I know he likes to ask simple questions to get information, so there's no need for me to comment on what he said immediately.

Having learned from my previous experience, I reloaded the page before pressing submit, and notice that Vult has joined the bandwagon against Riddle. This is enough for me to want to say something. Also, he's dropped the Riddle point. Was he satisfied with that exchange? If not, what is he looking for, or what was he hoping to accomplish? I choose to wait on this point, and see what others say about it.

Hi, Vult! Nice of you to join us. Anyone else want on? We have cookies.

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
Cello_Marl said:
Isuyaru, you were curious as to why Riddle said he was going to buddy Mayling. Why do you think he was? It's apparent that Riddle thinks my vote is on him for his statements about Mayling. What do you think about Riddle's response?
I've seen a certain other two players, Tom and KevinM, have a similar relationship in other games, and I was wondering if this would be a similar case. His initial answer to my question showed some key differences between the two situations (but also some similarity). The other thing that stood out in my mind was that I recall Mayling being paranoid of people buddying her in other games (if my memory is wrong, someone please correct me). That's also why I asked you that question; in my mind, choosing Mayling specifically would have an effect that he wouldn't get from other people.

His hastily backing down combined with the info he gave when answering my question doesn't make me suspicious of him, nor does his assumption that you voted him for that reason. I made the same assumption, as hinted by my question to you.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Vote: The Guide

In b4 he guesses my alignment.

Though of course the chances are this would actually benefit town, as it is probable that he also, is town. I would not want to give away any information to scum, and as such will play the fool.

Also I am suspicious about Isuyaru (can I call you Isu?) - mainly as I am town, so why has he placed a vote on a town aligned player? This is indicative of scum play and although I wouldn't lynch him quite yet - I do want to look at him closely today. This is not OMGUS as I don't like acronyms, FYI.

Swiss

Smash Lord
What I am now really concerned about is the fact that you are already skimming. I voted The Guide, not you. Why are you not reading posts carefully? Do you already know our alignments Isuyaru?

I was suspicious of you before....now I'm voting you.

unvote

Vote Isuyaru

Calling for a bandwagon.

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
What I am now really concerned about is the fact that you are already skimming. I voted The Guide, not you. Why are you not reading posts carefully? Do you already know our alignments Isuyaru?

I was suspicious of you before....now I'm voting you.

unvote

Vote Isuyaru

Calling for a bandwagon.
I said "my vote," as in the vote I control which is currently on you. I made no reference whatsoever to your vote. Why are you not reading posts carefully?

More Swiss bandwagon imo.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I would totally love a Swiss bandwagon right now.

Also, I missed your earlier post. Hai to you too! :D

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
The Guide said:
Obvious godfather is obvious.
That would be quite the feat.

Swiss said:
I did read your post carefully. Not my fault you made it ambiguous.

vorevotevotevote
On a scale of 1 to Super-serious, how serious are you being?

@Isuyaru: Did the way Riddle responded have any impact on how you were going to view/scrutinize him? Not the specific way he chose to respond, but a general thing. In your eyes, is he done responding?

@Vult: Talk about Isuyaru. Or question him. Either is fine.

@Riddle: The way you play is the way you play. If it would be any different from a normal game, then you are doing a disservice to the people playing this game. At this point though, I'm going to assume that you are going to give more weight to Mayling's opinions than you are to other people.

Unvote Vote Swiss

This is potentially a Good Thing.

Oh, yes, and a belated thanks to everyone for playing with us here at DGames! I hope it's the start of a beautiful relationship.

Riddle

Smash Lord
@Cello_Marl

As I said before I am NOT going to give more weight to Maylings opinions. I love Mayling but I dont really know how good of a mafia player she is or if she is scum or not. Therefore, I will treat her like I would anyone else.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Btw, people, I'm aware that there is no godfather in this game. My earlier post is a reference to newbie 6, in which I accused Swiss of being the godfather in my first post. Which, it turned out, he was.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Wait just a gosh darned second

I've played with Vult in a game (or two? I don't remember) other than this one. I know he likes to ask simple questions to get information, so there's no need for me to comment on what he said immediately.
How WOULD you have commented?

Hi, Vult! Nice of you to join us. Anyone else want on? We have cookies.
Sorry Swiss has shown me the light. :(

Dear Isuyaru,

Hi
Swiss is Town. You are scum.
I'mma lynch you. </3

Love, Volo

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Wait just a gosh darned second 2.0

I did read your post carefully. Not my fault you made it ambiguous.

vorevotevotevote
He didn't make it ambiguous. YOU made an assumption.

"My vote" is pretty clear, imo.

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
Swiss said:
Why should I not be serious? This is our first scum tell and we should pursue it as such.
Is ambiguity a scum tell in your opinion?

Cello_Marl said:
@Isuyaru: Did the way Riddle responded have any impact on how you were going to view/scrutinize him? Not the specific way he chose to respond, but a general thing. In your eyes, is he done responding?
First question: It would at least affect how I view any connections between Riddle and Mayling later on.

Second question: Prior to his most recent post, I didn't have anything else to ask him.

@Riddle: Why did you decide that "I'm probably going to end up buddying Mayling" was important enough to post?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Vult: My "@Isuyaru" in #56 would have been "@Isu and Vult" Also, have you reversed your opinions on Swiss and Isu, or are they the same, or are they both neutral to you now?

@Mayling: If you really have love in your cold cold heart, why are you so silent?

@Riddle: How do you know Writer Kupo?

@Writer Kupo: What are your thoughts on Riddle? How about the votes that piled up on Riddle and then on Swiss?

So far, I like the types of questions Isu is asking, and I'd like to see what he does with it. I would be fine with a Swiss lynch right now, if it wasn't for that fact that two people have yet to post.

Swiss

Smash Lord
If you wanna lynch me then go right ahead. I'd like a reason though, seems pretty foolish to lynch a man from behind when he's got a scum down his sights.

I've given a reason why I think Isu is scum, and now all I see is you backing him up and helping him out. How do you know he isn't scum? You're either a town very quick to make big assumptions or scum.

Isu - ambiguity itself isn't a scum tell, but stuff like this

More Swiss bandwagon imo.
Nice bit of OMGUS. Why do that? Town push the lynch on who they suspect, scum push the lynch on who suspects them.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Swiss, do you really want us to believe that that makes him scum? Is there anything else that brought you to your masterful conclusion? You accused him of skimming (that being what you were "really concerned about"), but I was guilty of that before he was by not realizing May had voted for Riddle, and yet I only received a reprimand for "making big assumptions" from you (along with a "he might be scum") after I switched my vote to you. Who's really pushing against those that suspect them? Who's being inconsistent with the tells he uses to find scum? You are.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss, do you really want us to believe that that makes him scum? Is there anything else that brought you to your masterful conclusion? You accused him of skimming (that being what you were "really concerned about"), but I was guilty of that before he was by not realizing May had voted for Riddle, and yet I only received a reprimand for "making big assumptions" from you (along with a "he might be scum") after I switched my vote to you. Who's really pushing against those that suspect them? Who's being inconsistent with the tells he uses to find scum? You are.
1) Yes

2) Yes, but I'd be a fool to show my cards now, I'm no fool.

He was skimming, I don't like skimming, do you? I cannot pursue everyone so I have to pursue who I think is scum most, I decided not to hunt you as I wasn't sure of your alignment.

So, Cello, tell me why you believe Isu not to be scum. Show me why I'm wrong.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Mayling: If you really have love in your cold cold heart, why are you so silent?
Why don't you say this to your scum buddy Daedalus4198? That's right. I'm onto you.

In all seriousness, Vult/Cello team? Gonna do a reread. Maybe throw Isu in there. That's right. I'm onto you, too.

Can get prod for Daedalus? I wonder if he realized the game restarted.

I think we only have two true newbies in this game, don't we?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mayling is the best person ever. Actually, its because I work well with mayling and chances are (3/4) that she is town. I promise I will scumhunt like the rest of you and if I am suspicious of mayling that I will vote her.
Hey. We've only been in one game together, widdle Riddle, in which I replaced in and you died the day I replaced in. Does this count to you? Where upon are you drawing from that we "work well together" enough to buddy me, trust me, make it open that you luvver me so?

Mayling and I are just really good friends and it was merely a statement of how much I love her.
:bee:

@Cello_Marl

As I said before I am NOT going to give more weight to Maylings opinions. I love Mayling but I dont really know how good of a mafia player she is or if she is scum or not. Therefore, I will treat her like I would anyone else.
You don't know how good of a maf maf player I am? But I thought you said we worked well together, didn't you? Wanna make up your mind, widdle Riddle?? Which one is it? Are you going to put more bearing on my opinions, buddy me? Or are you going to treat me like everone else. Hm? Hm?!

Also I am suspicious about Isuyaru (can I call you Isu?) - mainly as I am town, so why has he placed a vote on a town aligned player? This is indicative of scum play and although I wouldn't lynch him quite yet - I do want to look at him closely today. This is not OMGUS as I don't like acronyms, FYI.
really? this is the first post of many that start throwing out "I'm town. He's scum." immediately. How serious are you being with this post?

If you wanna lynch me then go right ahead. I'd like a reason though, seems pretty foolish to lynch a man from behind when he's got a scum down his sights.
What GOOD townie would say this? I would almost be fine with a Swiss lynch right here. I would expect something like this to come from a scum who was trying scare tactics.

Swiss, why so eager to give up so easily? Why aren't you fighting for town?

And once again, the underlying "I have scum on my back." How are you so sure? We're in RVS after all. Or were. or are. *twilight zone music*

I've given a reason why I think Isu is scum, and now all I see is you backing him up and helping him out. How do you know he isn't scum? You're either a town very quick to make big assumptions or scum.
Your reason for thinking Isu is scum is "I'm town and he's voting me." I can't tell if you're actually serious with your posts or not. Really? Maybe the question isn't "How do you, Cello, know he isn't scum" but rather how does "Swiss know Isu is scum"?

Nice bit of OMGUS. Why do that? Town push the lynch on who they suspect, scum push the lynch on who suspects them.
After all my games, I don't see how OMGUS means ANYTHING. You know what I usually read it as? a town tell. Yeah, that's right. Because the mentality is usually "Oh God, they're going after me, but I'm town. Why would they do that? They must be scum." It's sorta like if someone whacks you in the face with a hammer, your reaction would prolly be to whack THEM in the face with a hammer. That'll learn them.

(Fun fact: Did you know the first person to use an OMGUS was, indeed, town?)

So I don't see what we can induce from labeling an argument "OMGUS". Go deeper. It's like labeling something "fluff." You can always catorgorize and make things deeper. It'll make your arguments better, more substantial, more believable.

He was skimming, I don't like skimming, do you? I cannot pursue everyone so I have to pursue who I think is scum most, I decided not to hunt you as I wasn't sure of your alignment.

So, Cello, tell me why you believe Isu not to be scum. Show me why I'm wrong.
Skimming is bad, but it's hardly a scumtell. Although I would agree that it's an anti-town move. But both town and scum players do it. it's the laziness of the player, not the role of the player that moves this. Using OMGUS, skimming as arguments against someone is just reading to me as scum trying to push weak and easy suspicions onto a player without putting forth effort into their lynch.

How can you be so sure of Isu's alignment but not Cello's? Is Swiss pulling a HUGE distancing movement between Isu and himself this early in this game? He repeatedly, and assuredly, says that Isu is scum. But with the amount of pressure Cello puts on him, says simply "I do not know your alignment, and therefore decided not to hunt you." But he is SO sure of Isu's.

Could see Swiss being scum. Could see Isu being his partner if he flips scum.

unvote vote Swiss

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Swiss: Personally, I don't find what you believe to be skimming credible...or even skimming. You are trying to force it as such, and no one is buying it. This is compounded by the fact that I actually skimmed over May's vote and admitted it, and I did it before Isu. Yet, you're surer of Isu's alignment? Why?

The burden of proof is on you. You need to show your hand if there actually is anything else, or else you're basically asking us to believe in you without any reasoning, and the last time I checked you aren't a religious icon. Let's contrast that with my vote on you. I'm voting for you because you are pushing an unreasonable "case", which you apparently are taking seriously. I'll ask again to be sure; are you serious about your accusations of scumminess about Isuyaru, and if not, what are your thoughts on whoever?

Swiss said:
I cannot pursue everyone so I have to pursue who I think is scum most, I decided not to hunt you as I wasn't sure of your alignment.
You aren't "pursuing" me because you aren't sure of my alignment? So, you are sure of Isuyaru's, since you are pursuing him? Again, why? Also, that "most" really bugs me. That implies that you find me scummy, just that you find someone else (Isu) more scummy. Why then are you saying that you aren't sure of my alignment? Why wouldn't you want to "pursue" me to find out how you feel, one way or the other? Surely, you don't go into a discussion with your mind already made up; that would make you a fool, not withholding information. It really sounds like you are trying to take a double stance here; if I die, you can say you didn't find me scummy, and if I'm alive, you think you can push against me.

@May: You didn't remember Daed's name at first, did you? I didn't.

Cello-chan Check: So, now we have our first real bit of confrontation. Forefront in your minds should be one question; is the argument between Cello and Swiss a townie versus another townie, or scum versus a townie? Why do you think I am essentially defending Isuyaru? When Swiss inevitably says he was just trying to provoke conversation (which he will, I'm sure), will you believe him? Do you think Mayling's #71 was an attempt to derail the conversation by mentioning inactives, or to draw them into the game?

Also, while it is possible that the argument is scum versus scum, the chances are low enough to disregard at this time. After all, that would mean that either one of us would have to be prepared to go all the way to endgame while maintaining the same level of activity (lest that appear suspicious), and yet remain in town's good graces while managing to push through a lynch against two townies...not an easy task, and one I personally wouldn't have tasked Swiss to carry out based on what I've seen so far.

I started to quote bits of May's #72, but I'll just go ahead and say that I agree with everything she said in it's entirety, except for her confidence that Isu could be scum. I'm still neutral on that.

Swiss is now at L-1 (one less than the required number to lynch), but feel free to hammer him (cast a decision making vote on a person at L-1). I'd really rather let Daed and Kupo weigh in first, but let's not wait so long that we forget all about Swiss. If he offers a reasonable explanation, that's fine, but otherwise, string him up.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Big bubby Cellos, if Swiss flips scum, why would he be so sure that Isu was scum and not you?

Purple

Hi guys!

Who will survive...

Votes

Cello_Marl ()*
Vult Redux ()*
Mayling ()*
The_Guide () *
Daedalus4198 ()*
Swiss ($$$$)*Isuyaru, The Guide, Cello_Marl, Mayling
Riddle () *
Writer Kupo ($) *Riddle

Not Voting:Daedalus4198, Writer Kupo ($$)

It takes 5/9 to eliminate a player.

...the liar game.

Riddle

Smash Lord
unvote

@mayling

No I promise I won't buddy you at all. Both the posts on the matter were a joke that i clearly took too far.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Also, I have a very big problem with this:

cello_marl said:
Swiss is now at L-1 (one less than the required number to lynch), but feel free to hammer him
DO NOT HAMMER SWISS. Two people haven't said anything and we are only like 3 days into the week. Wait for a while and get discussion in. Coming from an IC, I see (ooh a pun) this very scummy.

FoS:Cello_Marl

protip: FoS = Finger of Suspcion. Its used to show that you are suspicious of someone without voting them.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
You have your vote on no one, Riddle. Don't you always want to have your vote on someone? Why a FoS and not a vote?

Top Bottom