• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Level LAN Presents: August Awesomeness - Aug 20th, 2011 - Orlando, FL[mk banned]

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Because I don't gain anything from a tourney like this. I feel that this type of tourney limits players, especially those who go/plan to go to OoS, like myself.
d-torr you can really say that because 2things one you lost to characters you rarely play against. and 2 you didnt place. which i know you could do better. you need to use these tourneys as a good mind set. everyone knows how to fight mk. but do you know how to fight any other characters?
I didnt care if mk was banned or not personally but having him out of it did make some matches easier

M@v

Subarashii!
ICs become the best character without MK but they wont saturate the metagame anywhere near as much as he does. With that being said, they will definitely piss people off and stopping them in bracket won't be easy, but not any harder than stopping a good/top MK.
I still dont think icies would be the best....top 3 for sure. But at least icies have bad mus outside mk, and can screw up their most important technique.

Bro.

Falco gets *****. Hard.

I really don't know who to use against them if MK is banned. Haha. I'd say Falco but realistically...no.
Snake, peach, diddy, marth.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
cg isnt the most important tech lol if thats what your talking about. its merly a plus lol i dropped almost every cg this tourney lmao
there damage out put is what makes them really good

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I rarely play period because I don't have the privilege to do so. I don't have any character MU exp but I don't use that as an excuse for me playing. I lost to Lexi and Mero legitly, MU inexperience has nothing to do with that because I don't have any.

Only reason I'm good at this game is because my general fighting game knowledge.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
they way i was taught IC after just going for the grab all the time was that CG was a just plus to IC hand to hand ability. there damage output and priority are insane. My friend Garbonzo (best IC in the world IMO) taught me that learning how to fight with IC is key. I wanna say why but then everyone will know how to **** IC up then. if you watch 9B or me CG is a plus.
but hey dont listen to the IC main
o and M@V IC vs snake, peach, marth and diddy is even ask anyone about my MU experiances

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I was looking for the results when Ryo told me he won. Nice job!

Banning MK makes this game scrubby now that Ikes and Ganondorfs are winning all these tournaments :troll:

Exdeath

Smash Master
I'm missing my white controller and I really need it (I have a lot of videos to upload).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
diddy IC is pretty close I think.

and youre right dfear i should go more wario :laugh:

Mampam

Smash Ace
I guess. My bad if I sounded like a douche. I'm just frustrated at my recent performance.
its k lol, so am i, but yall know how i take my loses lol, ive just accepted the fact that im an off and on player

yes lol, ics are dumb, but not, BROKEN like mk, but it probably be a good idea to keep brinstar and rc for cping them

I was looking for the results when Ryo told me he won. Nice job!

Banning MK makes this game scrubby now that Ikes and Ganondorfs are winning all these tournaments :troll:
IKR? im the only person in CFL whos played ryo in tourney more than once, and never lost

****ing scrubs :troll:

2-DJeff

Smash Master
no you guys def have frigate and laylat and pokemon stadiums to fight me at. brinstar rainbow combo is just cheap. and if there going to have that let mk nvr be banned. its only fair to be able to fight. having that combo is a free win. its dumb. you dont even have to work for it

OverLade

Smash Hero
Having an autowin against ICs is only fair because they **** most characters on neutrals rofl.

And even then cruise/brinstar arent autowin they just mean ICs cant focus on grabs.

Mampam

Smash Ace
it not even about the grabs its more like the mobiltity.
you can prevent grabs at pokemon stadium stages
frigate isnt bad for ics

and delphino has walk offs

no character will **** ics on those stages like mk

2-DJeff

Smash Master
frigate isnt bad for ics

and delphino has walk offs

no character will **** ics on those stages like mk
never said delfino was a good choice lol i know delfino isnt thats why i didnt mention it.
but frigate is a good stage for heavy characters like D3, snake, wario. etc.
frigate isnt bad vs MK. o any other
just like brinstar. we can only fight light weights there effectively
and IC vs mk at delfino is not bad for ic at all. i kinda think it makes the MU 45-55 or 50-50 there

2-DJeff

Smash Master
lol @ ppl trying to play IC. tournements are gonna be free! lol
and falco vs IC isnt bad. Its the same ratio as snake vs falco

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Now that school is starting and I got some new headphones, I'm gonna start uploading again. I will only upload replays from my Wii though. Only under special circumstances will I take replays from someone else. I don't need to waste my time uploading matches of players camping each other and timing each other out.

:phone:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Now that school is starting and I got some new headphones, I'm gonna start uploading again. I will only upload replays from my Wii though. Only under special circumstances will I take replays from someone else. I don't need to waste my time uploading matches of players camping each other and timing each other out.

You basically just said, I'ma do this. **** everyone else. And i'm just going to tell you so that you'll all stop camping.

I mean, it's kind of offensive. Even to me.

That'd be like saying. Bro, i think i'm going to drive up to GA for a tourney. But i'm not going to take any ******* FL players.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
You see it the way you want to see it. I could put up a front or I could be real. I'm being real. I don't the time to mass upload, but I'm capable of uploading. I can take some of the hassle off of Exdeath and Garret by recording what's on my Wii so they don't have to worry about it. Also, me saying under special circumstances means I'd be able to help.

I'll talk about this more later if needed. Going back to work.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I don't think i'm going to bulldog.
I don't haz the money for it.

As much as i want to support my dog Kaptain, i don't think i'll have the money.

But if by some christmas miracle i make bank, than yes.

Top Bottom