• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Level Lan Presents: Smash Derpfest! -- Results:

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Wow, Jav Apollo you're lucky I wasn't here to wreck you! You wouldn't have made it thru bracket if you woulda got matched up against me, lol. Just playin' man, nice job! :)

Btw, is 'Scratch' the same person as Louis Skrach the Marth player or is this a different person?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
xaltis, i actually really liked ur explanation of how to do well "based on how other people play" thats what i do toooo

tho im workin on my starting general style more and more, having a really strong foundation/starting point is important!

GreenAce

Smash Ace
Xaltis honestly just pick up mk. It's so much better to play a character with more/better options and you start making better choices because you have more to choose from.

Shaky

Smash Ace
I'm turning to the dark side just like everyone else. New Main: METAKNIGHT!!!!

Xaltis

Smash Hero
me me me me me

I won't give on falco but i'll play mk anyway lol

I also played Falco in that tourney ya know. I just didn't have many chances too. Couldn't in teams. Fought a sheik first round, then beat HRnut's marth with Falco, then got 2 stocked by his MK so had to go MK for that. Then fought ESAM then Seibrik. So yea... inb4JOHNS.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Wow, Jav Apollo you're lucky I wasn't here to wreck you! You wouldn't have made it thru bracket if you woulda got matched up against me, lol. Just playin' man, nice job! :)

Btw, is 'Scratch' the same person as Louis Skrach the Marth player or is this a different person?
You'd better be able to back up all that talk next time we play, cuz you know I'm always ready to throw down! =P

Also Skrach and Skratch are the same person, just a typo

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
xaltis, the money in ur pocket doesnt care how many characters u used to get it, it cares that u got it

there's no shame in maximizing ur chances, and unlike alot of people, u actually have a good mk so abuse it, dont be ashamed and feel bad for using falco less lol

Xaltis

Smash Hero
xaltis, the money in ur pocket doesnt care how many characters u used to get it, it cares that u got it

there's no shame in maximizing ur chances, and unlike alot of people, u actually have a good mk so abuse it, dont be ashamed and feel bad for using falco less lol

I know what you mean but I still wanna keep using Falco too.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I agree that you should maximize your chances to win, but I also agree that it's the complete right for other people to hate on you for your decisions. If you truly don't care what people think of you, then you won't mind when people call you out on being a MK main etc etc. But other people reserve the right to call you a ***/non legit etc etc. If the money is more important to you then it's your choice. For me, it's not, so I'd rather be viewed as hella legit by people who matter to me.

Yo and Shaky about to have that godlike MK, I SEE THE WAY YOU SPACE THOSE RISING BAIRS JUST DOT THAT **** WITH DAIR AND *****S IS TOAST...

OverLade

Smash Hero
I agree that you should maximize your chances to win, but I also agree that it's the complete right for other people to hate on you for your decisions. If you truly don't care what people think of you, then you won't mind when people call you out on being a MK main etc etc. But other people reserve the right to call you a ***/non legit etc etc. If the money is more important to you then it's your choice. For me, it's not, so I'd rather be viewed as hella legit by people who matter to me.

Yo and Shaky about to have that godlike MK, I SEE THE WAY YOU SPACE THOSE RISING BAIRS JUST DOT THAT **** WITH DAIR AND *****S IS TOAST...

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
what I'm not on that list? x3

:rosalina: <-she's in all my posts for a reason~
I'm kind of a busy man. I'm missing some other people as well, but hey, they'll live.

That 5 minute double post

WE IN THERE!

Xaltis

Smash Hero

I'll just tell them I wanted to win.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
im pretty sure dtorr and kyon played diffrent characters in tourney before so you cant really say that and you where a yoshi main b4 dtorr

GreenAce

Smash Ace
Me and David know the secret behind tier whoring lol.

Honestly don't listen to what people say. When I picked up Phoneix I took so much ****.But guess who's making dat money :troll: But don't forget you gotta put work in broken character or not.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
im pretty sure dtorr and kyon played diffrent characters in tourney before so you cant really say that and you where a yoshi main b4 dtorr
Yeah, before.

At that time, I only used Yoshi.

I used Yoshi against MK.

I used Yoshi against Snake.

I used Yoshi against Diddy.

I used Yoshi against Falco.

I used Yoshi against Wario.

I used Yoshi against Marth.

I used Yoshi against ICs.

I used Yoshi against Olimar.

I used Yoshi against Pikachu.

I used Yoshi against DDD.

I used Yoshi against GW.

I used Yoshi against Lucario.

I used Yoshi against ZSS.

I used Yoshi against Toon Link.

I used Yoshi against Kirby.

I used Yoshi against Fox.

I used Yoshi against R.O.B.

I used Yoshi against Pit.

I used Yoshi against Peach.

I used Yoshi against DK.

I used Yoshi against Luigi.

I used Yoshi against Wolf.

I used Yoshi against Sheik/Zelda.

I used Yoshi against Sonic.

I used Yoshi against Ike.

I used Yoshi against Sheik alone.

I used Yoshi against Ness.

I used Yoshi against PT.

I used Yoshi against Yoshi.

I used Yoshi against Lucas.

I used Yoshi against Mario.

I used Yoshi against Bowser.

I used Yoshi against Falcon.

I used Yoshi against Samus.

I used Yoshi against Jiggs.

I used Yoshi against Link.

I used Yoshi against Zelda alone.

I used Yoshi against Ganon.

There was no exception and I can say the same thing for Kyon.

Outside when I first started and I didn't really trust in my main, I went all Yoshi.

Only reason I main ZSS now is because NickRiddle told me that my ZSS was better than my Yoshi and I was humbled to know that he took a liking to my ZSS and is forever appreciative for that.

Now, I'm a ZSS main. Even against Falco, Fox, or Snake, you won't see me going any other character. If you see me use Yoshi, I use it for an easy MU of ZSS because counterpicking doesn't help me in the long run when I could just man up and learn the intricately difficult matchups with my main.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
well then you can say the same for me then to except that one match against gdx. but im pretty sure i went IC on brinstar since BBC

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I didn't even bring up anything about you.

I just said Shaky, MVD, Kyon and myself because that was the first thing that came up in my mind.

Garret then (probably jokingly) asked why I didn't include him and what not, and I said that I was busy.

If anything, ESAM, NickRiddle, Shaky, and MVD should've been the only ones I posted. ESAM has been all Pika for 3 years. Him using ICs shouldn't take away from that since he uses Pika in his bad MUs.

This is more or less dealing with the convo involved (character pride: using it or losing it, and me being a troll with my response).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im a character purist

..i just play the 3 characters that are the most fun at the time :laugh:

Top Bottom