• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Until Equivalent Exchange forces itself into the equation. That's the problem with dreams. They are more vague on the details that hide the terrible cost behind them.
Well, that's why I prefer "equivalent replacements", as I find the discussions more interesting. But regardless~

...It's also why I probably can't answer that one well. That's way too many changes. That, and my most wanted would have to cut a very unique character, and there's none I would replace just like that~

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's only in terms of playable character slots and likely stage and item slots that this type of content is off-limits.
Which does pose an interesting question. Is Team Rocket off-limits? They're anime characters, but they've also been in the games. Ash-Greninja is a thing so the answer is probably yeeees? I guess the better question is "would they be willing to go back and add them", and considering the only character they've actually gone back to add was the gosh darn protagonist, I guess not.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Which does pose an interesting question. Is Team Rocket off-limits? They're anime characters, but they've also been in the games. Ash-Greninja is a thing so the answer is probably yeeees? I guess the better question is "would they be willing to go back and add them", and considering the only character they've actually gone back to add was the gosh darn protagonist, I guess not.
The thing is? Ash-Greninja is an upgrade to Greninja, an already existing game character. It's no different from a regular costume referencing a non-game item within a game franchise. Same as the Advent Children costumes. Or one of DK's costumes loosely referencing Eddy the Mean Old Yeti from the cartoon, etc.

These aren't characters who are first appearing in the anime(even if loosely based upon a game thing). And even then, those sometimes can potentially show up as a Spirit, but I don't think we ever had a case like that either. Just extremely minor references or regular costumes at best(the Mii Fighters could easily justify any costume of a character from a Nintendo franchise, but still keeps it to game-originating characters. Licensing wouldn't even matter much, though issues with how Pokemon are represented still exist, and possibly many costumes in general due to the same thing as Sakurai noting that he can't just go willy-nilly with any character. Every single one has the possibility the company that owns it, even Nintendo, not liking the implementation of it). And so on.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Regarding characters who placed highly on the fighter ballot, but didn’t make the cut, these would be my guesses for who is at the top. View attachment 388698

What do you all think? I imagine some Sonic characters did pretty well too.
Speaking of Sonic characters, I know that the most likely pick for the next Sonic rep would either be Shadow or Eggman… but I still think Tails and/or Knuckles would be pretty cool.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a new topic. Let's talk moveset design.

Ignoring any discussion regarding likelihood, priority or whether or not he should be in...

Seriously. DON'T do it.

How would you personally design Bandana Waddle Dee's moveset?

Ivander

Smash Legend
You know, reading this post just reminds me how much Team Rocket tends to get used for Jessie and James despite the fact that the group in the games is called Team Rocket and Jessie and James are simply part of that group and not Team Rocket as a whole. So it's like, when you asked that question, I'm like, "Don't we have Team Rocket as Mii Costumes?" And then you mention they're anime characters and I'm like, "No? Wait, they're talking about Jessie and James, who did originate in the anime."

Anyway, the biggest issue is Nintendo bringing in any human characters from the Pokemon series that aren't Red and Green into Smash Bros. I mean, we did get Professor Oak and Misty as trophies, but since Pokemon Trainer Red in Brawl, have we gotten any Pokemon trainer appearances besides Red(and Green later) since? What's more, like what happened to Cloud at first, we didn't even get Red and Green's FireRed and LeafGreen artwork compared to the other Pokemon characters. But compared to Cloud, they didn't even get an artwork update in a future update so they are stuck with the Smash Ultimate renders.

So it's like, first we got to get in trainer appearances that aren't just Red and Green in Smash Bros. After that, even if Jessie and James were to get by, they have to compete with almost all of the most popular, iconic and notable trainers that aren't them. The other Main Trainers like Ethan, Dawn, Rosa, etc, the Rivals like Blue, Silver, Marnie, etc, the Team leaders like Giovanni, Cyrus, N, Lusamine, etc and then the Champions like Lance, Steven, Leon and Miss Universe herself, Cynthia.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Ignoring any discussion regarding likelihood, priority or whether or not he should be in...

Seriously. DON'T do it.

Well looking at my previous attempt, I'd make him a...small, lightweight character with big, disjointed hitboxes, chunky damage, three jumps, and an exploitable recovery?

It's not too bad, but it's got some weirdness that isn't really necessary, and a few moves that scream "I like this in Kirby so I'm adding it here without actually thinking about whether or not it actually works with the move set". It's also kind of just Super Smash Flash 2's design, but a little different.

I do like the attempted idea of the spear being good at long ranged thrusts, beam being good at wide arks, and parasol bringing defensive capabilities though. If I remake it I'd like to lean into that.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I wonder how many times the discussion has looped back to talking about cuts, really thought we would've exhausted every talking point about them by now
The discussion going to loop back to either talking about cuts or about Pokemon. lol

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
That is what I did. Did I misunderstand Perkilator's assignment?
No, you just fell victim for one of the classic blunders. The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia. Only slightly less well-known is to never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line. And slightly less well-known than either is this: Never think that you can take away all Echoes and Clones in a Smash Bros. game and replace them with new fighters with completely original movesets without a great cost. :laugh::lol::skull:

Last edited:

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
You know, reading this post just reminds me how much Team Rocket tends to get used for Jessie and James despite the fact that the group in the games is called Team Rocket and Jessie and James are simply part of that group and not Team Rocket as a whole. So it's like, when you asked that question, I'm like, "Don't we have Team Rocket as Mii Costumes?" And then you mention they're anime characters and I'm like, "No? Wait, they're talking about Jessie and James, who did originate in the anime."

Anyway, the biggest issue is Nintendo bringing in any human characters from the Pokemon series that aren't Red and Green into Smash Bros. I mean, we did get Professor Oak and Misty as trophies, but since Pokemon Trainer Red in Brawl, have we gotten any Pokemon trainer appearances besides Red(and Green later) since? What's more, like what happened to Cloud at first, we didn't even get Red and Green's FireRed and LeafGreen artwork compared to the other Pokemon characters. But compared to Cloud, they didn't even get an artwork update in a future update so they are stuck with the Smash Ultimate renders.

So it's like, first we got to get in trainer appearances that aren't just Red and Green in Smash Bros. After that, even if Jessie and James were to get by, they have to compete with almost all of the most popular, iconic and notable trainers that aren't them. The other Main Trainers like Ethan, Dawn, Rosa, etc, the Rivals like Blue, Silver, Marnie, etc, the Team leaders like Giovanni, Cyrus, N, Lusamine, etc and then the Champions like Lance, Steven, Leon and Miss Universe herself, Cynthia.
As well as notable generic Trainer classes such as the in-game Team Rocket Grunts which got the Costumes in the first place.....and her.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
No, you just fell victim for one of the classic blunders. The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia. Only slightly less well-known is to never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line. And slightly less well-known than either is this: Never think that you can take away all Echoes and Clones in a Smash Bros. game and replace them with new fighters with completely original movesets without a great cost. :laugh::lol::skull:
Inconceivable!

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Journeyman
Regarding characters who placed highly on the fighter ballot, but didn’t make the cut, these would be my guesses for who is at the top. View attachment 388698

Seems about right, at least on the Nintendo characters side, but I'd add Toad - his expanded role in Peach's moveset feels like an answer to his performance - and Ashley from Wario Ware.
3rd parties who knows. Rayman, Bomberman, Shovel Knight and Shantae were probably up there, but there could also be someone else who didn't get to have some presence in Ultimate itself.

Wonder if any of them will finally become a fighter?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

Seriously. DON'T do it.

I think most of his attacks could be taken straight from the Kirby games, but in terms of setting him apart I’d like for them to have different elemental attacks like in Star Allies, namely fire, ice, electricity, and wind, I just don’t know what the best way to implement that would be.

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Here's an interesting game: cut 14 veterans from Ultimate and add 14 newcomers in their place. For me:
  1. Dark Samus
  2. Dr. Mario
  3. Pichu
  4. Lucina
  5. Young Link
  6. Roy
  7. Chrom
  8. Squirtle
  9. Ivysaur
  10. Lucas
  11. Wolf
  12. Corrin
  13. Richter
  14. Piranha Plant
  1. Waluigi
  2. Dixie Kong
  3. Rauru
  4. Raven Beak
  5. Bandana Waddle Dee
  6. Meowscarada
  7. Oatchi
  8. Noah & Mio
  9. Octoling
  10. Officer Howard
  11. Ring Fit Trainee
  12. Alucard
  13. Dr. Eggman
  14. Chun-Li
1. Pichu
2. Young Link
3. Snake
4. Lucas
5. Wolf
6. Wii Fit Trainer
7. Palutena
8. Duck Hunt
9. Corrin
10. Bayonetta
11. Piranha Plant
12. Joker
13. Banjo & Kazooie
14. Sephiroth
Cutting mainly echo fighters is a cheap move, so I didn’t.

1. Paper Mario
2. Noah
3. Rex
4. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. Meowscarda
6. Ring Fit Trainee
7. Impa
8. Chun-Li
9. Dr. Eggman
10. Rayman
11. 2B
12. Octoling
13. Alear
14. KOS-MOS

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I wonder how many times the discussion has looped back to talking about cuts, really thought we would've exhausted every talking point about them by now
It has. We're just bored. :4pacman:

Team Rocket is an actual thing in the Pokemon games and even precedes the anime so yes, they can absolutely be represented in Smash since they are gaming-original content. In fact, they already have since Rocket grunts got a Mii outfit in Ultimate's DLC cycle.

The real question, and likely what you were thinking about, is specifically for Jesse and James. And I'll have to agree with Verde; Ash-Greninja is no different than Advent Children Cloud in that they are non-video game variants of people who debuted in video games.

Jesse and James are not the same deal as Ash-Greninja and cannot be used for comparison. As iconic as they may be, Jesse and James are not gaming characters in any way, shape or form, unlike Ash-Greninja who at least has the excuse of being a form of Greninja. The most I can see when it comes to their representation in Smash is Meowth that's right

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
How likely do you think a new Zelda character is?

Like... ANY new Zelda character?
I think the zelda fanbase has pretty much band together to atleast think impa is a good candidate sure she doesnt have the hype status of ridley or king k.rool
But i dont think shes THAT much less likely than bwd or Dixie!
And i mean sheiks moveset has 0 zelda reffrences and shes irrelevant! So why not ad a couple of zelda elements to the sheik Moveset (in a way it still feels familiar) and then have either just impa or both sharing that slot!

It has. We're just bored. :4pacman:

Team Rocket is an actual thing in the Pokemon games and even precedes the anime so yes, they can absolutely be represented in Smash since they are gaming-original content. In fact, they already have since Rocket grunts got a Mii outfit in Ultimate's DLC cycle.

The real question, and likely what you were thinking about, is specifically for Jesse and James. And I'll have to agree with Verde; Ash-Greninja is no different than Advent Children Cloud in that they are non-video game variants of people who debuted in video games.

Jesse and James are not the same deal as Ash-Greninja and cannot be used for comparison. As iconic as they may be, Jesse and James are not gaming characters in any way, shape or form, unlike Ash-Greninja who at least has the excuse of being a form of Greninja. The most I can see when it comes to their representation in Smash is Meowth that's right
Yeah i dont know why you should add some of the most overused anime debuting characters when giovanni is RIGHT there!
You can also give him snobilikat... Wait english right persian to have atleast a small nod to the anime!
I mean its not like Brawl added Ash eventho hes the most iconic trainer instead they added his game counter part Red (okay technically they are the same character but like he has his game design and ivysaur so its obviously Game Satoshi not anime satoshi)

Attachments

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, they didn't "add Red", they added a character based partially on him to be a Generic Trainer(which you could name somewhat via the more updated Name Creator for the CSS). Pokemon Trainer is the first one to be an avatar in Smash. And it made sense why. Also, Red doesn't actually speak in the games' own story. It's just "...". All that stuff is the general Trainer text you get to see only cause you're the player. Not even the Trophies bother to mention Red. Even worse is that Sakurai mentions Leaf outright... but still ignores that it's clearly based upon Red.

Also, Red and Ash are most definitely not the same character. Ash is a loosely based version of him, but is meant to have far more characterization and properly grow. It's why he's allowed to do way more, including meeting most Legendaries and Mythicals, go to every region(till the latest series, which finally retired him), participate in tons of Pokemon Leagues. Red is used significantly less and it's not even clear if he went through the Johto League in the earlier games. Though I think later games did add that in? But moreso, he never went to every league. Besides that, Ash won two leagues(though one is Canon Filler, essentially) and basically Worlds(this one Red never got even close to). Likewise, Red isn't always associated with Pikachu and has had differences in the Manga. Of which there's more than one Manga, like one based upon Red having a Pikachu in its own separate continuity. Meanwhile, Ash only really has the normal movies/anime and some unique reboot movies.

To go even further, it's noted that the original set of remakes are their own continuities. So even in the games, there's more than one Red. And that's not including the Let's Go continuity, or the weirdness of Pokemon Masters(of which Masters is supposed to be canon, but I forget to what exactly). Likewise, Ash's Greninja is an actual separate obtainable Pokemon, with Ash as his OT. This is in fact the few times Ash was in one of the normal game continuities instead of an odd spin-off(like Pokemon Puzzle League). While Jessie and James have actually appeared in more game continuities too in comparison. Though obviously a loose alternate counterpart, but that's kind of how they always are. Mario in Smash is clearly different from the one in the regular Super Mario games(besides the fact he's some kind of Toy/unique Soul in Smash confirmed in-universe anyway).

Rant aside, Pokemon Trainer is also part of why I love avatar characters. They breathed a lot of life into the game for me since it allowed me more leeway in feeling like the character. Albeit, not PT specifically since I'm a woman, but you get what I mean~

Pupp135

Smash Lord

This list seems solid overall, and the ones that I’d add are Ashley, Toad, and some combination of Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow. While neither of us mentioned any, I wonder which pokemon would’ve done best on the ballot as this was before Alola.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Seriously. DON'T do it.

I’d do what Delzethin did in terms of source material and give BWD a custom-made spear that combines the Spear, Beam and Parasol abilities.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Which is weird to me when I think Sonic and Ganondorf are the only ones who really, really need a rework.
Reasonably likely by virtue of the series visibility throughout the Switch era. Nowhere near a guarantee, though.

Obviously the big question mark remains who that character would be. Admittedly, I'm also not that sold on any of the BOTW or TOTK characters in a vacuum. Rauru makes sense if they want to explore more of the TOTK mechanics that wouldn't suit Link, but I dunno. It's possible but I'm not locking in on it or anything.

I see a shared sentiment about how the community needs to unanimously back one character, and I kind of reject that notion. DKC support was splintered and/or shared between K. Rool and Dixie Kong, with a general sentiment that we'd be happy with new DKC content at all. K. Rool won over in the end, but his support wasn't exclusive. I think it's less that we need to rally behind one strong pick and more that we need to continue to be vocal about Zelda. We don't necessarily need to leave any of Skull Kid, Midna, Impa behind. But I think we need to have a sense of comradery about the series and how any of these characters would be a strong step forward.

And besides, I think Skull Kid is handily the most prominent fan request already. Midna is often mentioned alongside him, but is pretty firmly in a number two spot between this uh... "category" of Zelda character. Nowhere near a big enough, exclusive movement to be cannibalizing that demand... I think many people just want them both. Impa presents the alternate perspective of introducing a persistently relevant character to the series. This is where the major divide comes in, and frankly one that I don't think will really be mended properly. I'm not against Impa, but I'm not personally excited by the prospect. Similarly there are many people convinced that we should prioritize consistency, and are not interested in one shot characters. This is that comradery that I suspect we lack a bit, but truth be told it's been hard to gauge how large this base of support is vs those who believe it's just more likely and practical based on prior precedent. In any case these are the three names in rotation outside of the "recency" picks, and Midna tends to fall by the wayside a bit.

In this way it actually does kinda parallel K. Rool and Dixie to me. A nostalgic antagonist of the past and a protagonist (not as actively as Dixie Kong, but nonetheless) with more longstanding presence and recent appearances. I'm not saying we're getting a Zelda character, but these aren't bad options for them to work with on either side of the spectrum.

An alternate, more negative perspective on this however is that the Zelda cast is frequently updated in Smash - perhaps those adjustments made more in line with recent appearances, and the general amount of attention put on the series would make a new character lower priority. I will say I believe one of the fanbase's most consistent talking points - reworking Ganondorf - may only be achieved at the expense of a new Zelda character. This is IMO the biggest complication about getting more Zelda characters, because the cast is usually demanding a certain amount of special attention and updating as is. Theoretically there's nothing wrong with seeing it get a little more love, but again I just think it would be made slightly lower priority compared to other series that may be getting less otherwise or are brand new to the roster. The best chance at a new Zelda character is if these changes post-Ultimate are minimal.
if they fix ganondorf then that’s absolute worth no new Zelda characters for another decade.

we already went 2 without new ones how bad can a 3rd be

Here's an interesting game: cut 14 veterans from Ultimate and add 14 newcomers in their place. For me:
  1. Dark Samus
  2. Dr. Mario
  3. Pichu
  4. Lucina
  5. Young Link
  6. Roy
  7. Chrom
  8. Squirtle
  9. Ivysaur
  10. Lucas
  11. Wolf
  12. Corrin
  13. Richter
  14. Piranha Plant
  1. Waluigi
  2. Dixie Kong
  3. Rauru
  4. Raven Beak
  5. Bandana Waddle Dee
  6. Meowscarada
  7. Oatchi
  8. Noah & Mio
  9. Octoling
  10. Officer Howard
  11. Ring Fit Trainee
  12. Alucard
  13. Dr. Eggman
  14. Chun-Li
The fun follow up game is guess which decade they were born

anyway
I’m not counting echoes

cuts
1 Dr mario
2 Roy
3 pichu
4 falco
5 young link
6 lucas
7 toon link
8 sheik
9 pirahna plant
10 lucario
11 byleth
12 robin
13 zero suit samus
14 bowser junior

newcomers

1 bandanna waddle dee
2 raiden
3 alucard
4 Isaac
5 rauru
6 hatsune miku
7 reimu or sakuya either works
8 agent 8
9 agent 47
10 any warioware character
11 Leon Kennedy
12 monster hunter
13 the prince katamari
14 any rythm heaven character
[SPOILER/]

Last edited:

ScrubReborn

Smash Cadet
Just give him a fairly basic range based spear moveset. I mean honestly, he doesn't need much else. At first I thought that might be redundant cause of like, Sepiroth and Corn, but I realized we don't have many (if any) range demon fighters at Kirby's size, they're all at least normal sized, so just zone in on that as much as you can.

I might be wrong 'cause its hard to remember everybody in a roster pushing 90 characters but if I'm right, "smol range demon" immediately gives him a niche. Maybe give him some of his other abilities in his specials or wherever fits, y'know, beam neutral B, parasol Down B shield, that typa thing, but don't overcomplicate his kit, I'd like him to be as pure of a pokey spear guy as possible. (Maybe if that's how he plays I'd actually be interested in him, bullying ppl with a pokey stick while crouching under their moves sounds amazing)

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’d rather not see any cuts but I might as well try this just for a fun experiment. I’m stuck between whether I want this to be more biased and personalized or to aim for something a bit more realistic. I guess I’ll try for a bit of a middle ground. I’ll try not to cut too many echoes since that feels a bit cheap:

Cut:

1) Min-min
2) Duck Hunt
3) Bayonetta
4) Dr. Mario
5) Dark Pit
6) Lucas
7) Zero Suit Samus
8) Steve
9) Incineroar
10) Corrin
11) Ice Climbers
12) Young Link
13) Bowser Jr.
14) Pirahna Plant

Add:

1) Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)
2) Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
3) Illidan (WarCraft)
4) Jinx (League of Legends)
5) Magus (Chrono Trigger)
6) Gengar (Pokémon)
7) Nia (Xenoblade)
8) Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
9) Alphen and Shionne (Tales)
10) Dixie Kong (DKC)
11) Impa (Legend of Zelda)
12) H’aanit (Octopath Traveller)
13) Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
14) Zero (Mega Man)

There’s actually way too many new characters I want to narrow the list down to just 14 and I had to leave out quite a few of my most wanted here but this looks good to me.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion

Seriously. DON'T do it.

Spear throw for neutral b, spear copter for up b... If we absolutely have to have a gimmick fighter ability, maybe gaining Power Effects from Star Allies? Like, a psuedo-counter where if a fire attack hits him, he gets the Sizzle effect? Failing that, perhaps swapping out his spear for a parasol could work.

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Journeyman
I might be wrong 'cause its hard to remember everybody in a roster pushing 90 characters but if I'm right, "smol range demon" immediately gives him a niche.
Definitely, there's no one else like that in the roster and actually not even among the usual candidates.
To be honest I'm not very thrilled about Bandana Dee as a character, but having such a unique niche alone makes him a solid inclusion, no doubt.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Time for a cool story bro... I started playing Smash with the music volume set to 0 and to my surprised ears I'm hearing all kinds of neat things. Luigi's Mansion for instance has a nifty wind blowing and other creepy sound effects to enhance the mood! I think my favorite discovery however is the sound Meta Knight makes when he does a back throw. It's a weird bonk sound, kinda mechanical, and kinda funny like an arcade style "you messed up" sound.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Mmm....yeah!

I mean, I'd still like to see Impa at LEAST get an Echo. But a fully unique Ganondorf is more important than getting an actual Zelda newcomer.
I think we’re overdue for a couple more unique Zelda characters in addition to a unique Ganondorf but I’ll agree that I’d prioritize Ganondorf first. I do still enjoy playing him as is but he has so much more potential than his current set.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
This list seems solid overall, and the ones that I’d add are Ashley, Toad, and some combination of Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow. While neither of us mentioned any, I wonder which pokemon would’ve done best on the ballot as this was before Alola.
I’d guess Sceptile, a lot of people hopped on that bandwagon after ORAS.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
My listening experience took me deeper into the stages themselves and honestly I'm not only fine with Ultimate in terms of stages but I'm well reminded just how well down they are even at the Omega variants level. Yoshis has a lot of charm for instance and if you just sit and chill these stages do seem to fit right in with their source.

They said it's the platforming that seems to either hit or miss in terms of popularity of the whole stage so ... What can the team do to make your "almost" favorite stages better? Hazards can be toggled so they'd be moot but like there's dual plats tris, a quad with wario ware...what else works?

Ivander

Smash Legend
My listening experience took me deeper into the stages themselves and honestly I'm not only fine with Ultimate in terms of stages but I'm well reminded just how well down they are even at the Omega variants level. Yoshis has a lot of charm for instance and if you just sit and chill these stages do seem to fit right in with their source.

They said it's the platforming that seems to either hit or miss in terms of popularity of the whole stage so ... What can the team do to make your "almost" favorite stages better? Hazards can be toggled so they'd be moot but like there's dual plats tris, a quad with wario ware...what else works?
Give Great Cave Offensive one or two extra spawn points then just the top of the map and whenever a player is KO'd, they appear at the spawn point near the biggest group of players.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace

Seriously. DON'T do it.

He'd be a light all-rounder (with a hint of skirmisher) type character who's most effective if you land his precise disjointed attacks. He's got a lot of material to pull from for moves so I'm not concerned in that department.

The triple spear throw HAS to be there, probably as a charged version of a special move where he tosses one spear. I don't care if it ends up with a charge so long it becomes impractical, it's mainly something that I'd love to mess around with in free-for alls.

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
How do you guys feel about Elden Ring getting a rep before Dark Souls?
I think Elden Ring has had a noticeable impact in gaming and it's extremely popular, so do you guys think it's possible they'll could pick Elden Ring over Dark Souls? I know Dark Souls makes more sense and has more legacy obviously, but i think Elden Ring even though it's only 2 years old, has become an iconic modern classic already.

Top Bottom