• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That would be lazy and kinda infuriating honestly. I can grit my teeth and accept that cuts had to happen for NASB 2. The sequel had a massive undertaking and did everything from scratch. But now that they have a stable foundation, they should put in the effort to build off what they have now. There is no reason or excuse to cut the current characters now that they properly reworked everyone in the cast and brought them up to a specific quality standard.
I'm also expecting them to build off NASB2 with the next game instead of starting all over again. I think that no characters will be cut, and there will be plenty of newcomers too.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm also expecting them to build off NASB2 with the next game instead of starting all over again. I think that no characters will be cut, and there will be plenty of newcomers too.
You've been warned by staff multiple times for artificially and intentionally prolonging cut and NASB3 discussion without making any new points. Cut it out.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
That would be lazy and kinda infuriating honestly. I can grit my teeth and accept that cuts had to happen for NASB 2. The sequel had a massive undertaking and did everything from scratch. But now that they have a stable foundation, they should put in the effort to build off what they have now. There is no reason or excuse to cut the current characters now that they properly reworked everyone in the cast and brought them up to a specific quality standard.
With all due respect, I don't think "lazy" is at all the right word for this idea. A rotating cast does not mean less characters, it's just a way of deciding which characters the devs put in. Personally, I think rotating casts in fighting games are super cool and would be down to see them here. I mean, is Capcom lazy for having different characters in each Street Fighter game?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
With all due respect, I don't think "lazy" is at all the right word for this idea. A rotating cast does not mean less characters, it's just a way of deciding which characters the devs put in. Personally, I think rotating casts in fighting games are super cool and would be down to see them here. I mean, is Capcom lazy for having different characters in each Street Fighter game?
Yes, because they release more DLC than base roster characters. Did you look at the barebones bs of SF5 and 6?

Allow me to steer the ship for a little. If you could allow a guest fighter into NASB 2 in the same vein as Snake and Sonic did in Brawl, who would you choose?

I would personally choose Mighty Mouse, Kappa Mikey, or Optimus Prime, due to their connections to Nick and/or Paramount. But I want to know your choices.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Po from Kung-Fu Panda, easily.

With either Skipper or King Julian from "The Penguins of Madagascar" as close seconds.

Edit: After the news today, I would also vouch for Goku (since I believe DBZ Kai aired on Nickelodeon initially).

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Allow me to steer the ship for a little. If you could allow a guest fighter into NASB 2 in the same vein as Snake and Sonic did in Brawl, who would you choose?

I would personally choose Mighty Mouse, Kappa Mikey, or Optimus Prime, due to their connections to Nick and/or Paramount. But I want to know your choices.
Mr. Dink, Count Duckula, and Heathcliff (for the Garfield rivalry). Also Jorgen Von Strangle if you count him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Somehow, the Goddard glitch has returned."

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm not a big fan of guest characters myself. I would much prefer if this game remained Nick only.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I’m surprised they didn’t just skip ahead to 2. Any word on when they’ll get that game?
I don't know. The only reason why this is happening because the game went on sale in Japan for less than 100 yen, which is less than a dollar for Americans. And that led to a ton of people buying it because it was so cheap.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
My bad, forgot it was already out over there.

IS the second one out in Japan yet?

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
I really want to know if Nickelodeon and Gamemill will allow Ludosity and FPL to release more DLC fighters after the current 4?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I really want to know if Nickelodeon and Gamemill will allow Ludosity and FPL to release more DLC fighters after the current 4?
There's theories that this is going to be case because they keep calling the current DLC fighters ass the "first wave" of DLC, even recently.

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
There's theories that this is going to be case because they keep calling the current DLC fighters ass the "first wave" of DLC, even recently.
Well, do they plan to include cut veterans in a hypothetical second wave??

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well, do they plan to include cut veterans in a hypothetical second wave??
It's best to not interact with Riley because he has no idea what he's talking about and pulls ideas out of nowhere constantly, and tries to insert himself into every conversation, thinking he's some kind of speculation expert.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm very late on the discussion because for some reason I stopped having notifications for this thread but re: Rotating cast

I'm not opposed to the idea, but I feel like Nickelodeon just don't have enough big series and characters to really make it work. It work with Street fighter for example because they can just create new characters for each game so the possibility are endless. But for Nasb once we'll have a couple more of Spongebob side characters, more Loud sisters and a few remaining franchise like Rocket power, Chalkzone or Barnyard, you'll start to hit the bottom of the barrel real fast in term of characters.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm very late on the discussion because for some reason I stopped having notifications for this thread but re: Rotating cast

I'm not opposed to the idea, but I feel like Nickelodeon just don't have enough big series and characters to really make it work. It work with Street fighter for example because they can just create new characters for each game so the possibility are endless. But for Nasb once we'll have a couple more of Spongebob side characters, more Loud sisters and a few remaining franchise like Rocket power, Chalkzone or Barnyard, you'll start to hit the bottom of the barrel real fast in term of characters.
Smash resolved that issue with third parties, but I don't know if NASB should go down that route as well.

FazDude

Smash Master
VERY late to the party, but a little part of me has a very biased choice.

Aside from him, I think I'd go with Finn from Adventure Time; Not an AT fan, but it was originally pitched to Nickelodeon, which would make Finn's inclusion kinda funny.

This is a fair take, but I'd imagine a series with this kind of setup being mostly veterans with a few newcomers in each game rather than mostly newcomers, so I don't think the well would dry up that fast, especially if we stick with a roster size around NASB2's. Very good point to make, though; Happy to see my elevator pitch be discussed like this.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
NASB is definitely going to run out of plausible character choices faster than the other crossovers are gonna, sure. I'd rather they dig into some obscures before we start getting "third parties", though. I prefer this keep the focus on Nickelodeon characters with a side thing of 80's Saturday morning characters that Nickelodeon owns now/has access to.

NASB is definitely going to run out of plausible character choices faster than the other crossovers are gonna, sure. I'd rather they dig into some obscures before we start getting "third parties", though. I prefer this keep the focus on Nickelodeon characters with a side thing of 80's Saturday morning characters that Nickelodeon owns now/has access to.
Does this mean David the Gnome would be a dark horse pick for a Nick Jr. rep?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Hey, maybe The Casagrandes has a shot at this game after all.

1711164523749.jpeg

1711164532529.jpeg

For context, apparently it just got a movie and it went super hard into Big Damn Movie territory.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Also, I'm currently considering buying NASB2. Should I go for it? I'm on Switch.

They could base it off the movie. She fights in it.
I don't know if they would do that. And besides I don't know if they would give TLH another rep.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Also, I'm currently considering buying NASB2. Should I go for it? I'm on Switch.

I don't know if they would do that. And besides I don't know if they would give TLH another rep.
Haven't you been "considering" this for weeks? Do it or don't, you aren't contributing to the thread by doing this "will I won't I" crap

Last edited:
Top Bottom