• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I really like NASB2, I like the movement and oomph of hits, pulling off combos feels very statisfying, the slime meter is quite clever, and the characters are well-designed (Donatello, Korra, Squidward, and Patrick are especially fun) - but, I know this isn't really a valid way to look at things but, it's always going to be a bit of a disappointment to me on virtue of being in the shadow of NASB1, which would probably be true even if NASB2 stuck more closely to NASB1's gameplay design. It's probably just a case of me liking NASB1 so much that any follow-up would be impossible to live up to it, and I guess I also just feel put a bit off by what I percieve as the game trying to appeal to people who didn't like the first over those who did - and I guess, as much as I don't want to admit it - the negative experiences I've had on this thread after expressing disappointment (or in some cases "inadequete" optimism) at NASB2's direction. If the same gameplay was attached to a Dreamworks or Disney license, or even a set of OCs, I'd probably be gassing up this game quite a bit, even if not as much as I did and still do NASB1 and Slap City. As I said, this isn't really a valid perspective at all, all of this is an external factor not related to the game's quality alone, just like the "playercount" complaints I've always mocked, and I like the game overall, but eh, I just don't have the energy to care either way beyond "eh, this is cool".

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Oye, that's Fire Nation royalty, the Dragon of the West and the Grand Master of the Order of White Lotus you're talking about. Put some respect on my man's name!

He's also a firebender. So three firebenders, technically.
One Vile and Villainous, One Turned from Villain to Hero, and One who's wise and caring.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oye, that's Fire Nation royalty, the Dragon of the West and the Grand Master of the Order of White Lotus you're talking about. Put some respect on my man's name!

He's also a firebender. So three firebenders, technically.
and the proprietor of one of the finest tea shops in the world

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Huh, they changed the layout of the stage select.

EDIT: Uh oh. Game-breaking bug! Player controlls all CPU selection at once on CSS.

EDIT 2: Yep, figured out the bug. Selecting random sets everyone to be random, going off of random sets everyone to a random character. I'd argue this is the worst bug in NASB history.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, I've been playing around with Zuko for a few minutes or so, and so far, he seems pretty good; it's gonna take some labbing to figure out how to use his swords more effectively, and as of right now, I'd be lying if I said I preferred him over how Azula plays, but so far he doesn't seem that bad.

EDIT 2: Yep, figured out the bug. Selecting random sets everyone to be random, going off of random sets everyone to a random character. I'd argue this is the worst bug in NASB history.
So I tested this out, and honestly? While it is definitely a bug, I certainly wouldn't call it "the worst bug in NASB history" since getting around it just means not choosing "Random".

Personally, I'd consider that bug with Zim that caused the game to consistently crash whenever he tried throwing GIR to be the worst one, because a. unlike this one, it actually caused the game to crash, and b. it rendered one of the characters practically unplayable until it was fixed.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
On the topic of more dlc, I think it could go either way. It's possible that they called it "first season" because the door was open for more later, but I doubt they were already greenlit that early. Personally I also doubt we will get more because based on views count, it already seems that the popularity of Zuko is dropping hard compared to the first dlc. That being said, if a second wave is already in the work, I don't think they would cancelled it unless they really have big budget issues.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
On the topic of more dlc, I think it could go either way. It's possible that they called it "first season" because the door was open for more later, but I doubt they were already greenlit that early. Personally I also doubt we will get more because based on views count, it already seems that the popularity of Zuko is dropping hard compared to the first dlc. That being said, if a second wave is already in the work, I don't think they would cancelled it unless they really have big budget issues.
They practically shadow dropped him. Krabs got a trailer weeks ahead of time AND a showcase. Zuko just got a showcase and that's it.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
They practically shadow dropped him. Krabs got a trailer weeks ahead of time AND a showcase. Zuko just got a showcase and that's it.
Not to mention said showcase was dropped two days before Zuko released.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Zuko's pretty cool. The swords are used in less moves than I was expecting, which is a bit weird.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
so, in the campaign mode you are given three lives but i lost all of them the last i played before today and when i try to load up my save file they don't reload.

Is there a way to fix this? because i'm having trouble playing through the story mode with only one stock.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
so, in the campaign mode you are given three lives but i lost all of them the last i played before today and when i try to load up my save file they don't reload.

Is there a way to fix this? because i'm having trouble playing through the story mode with only one stock.
Isn't the campaign a roguelike mode? That's not a bug it's a feature.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Isn't the campaign a roguelike mode? That's not a bug it's a feature.
it never should be, i remember getting another stock from clockwerk then again he said it'd run out and likely wouldn't restore them.

I wonder if i'm fooling myself or one of the shops can help.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
it never should be, i remember getting another stock from clockwerk then again he said it'd run out and likely wouldn't restore them.

I wonder if i'm fooling myself or one of the shops can help.
No I mean, that's literally the point of a roguelike mode. When you lose all your lives, you're done, and need to start over from scratch. It's absolutely working as intended.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
They literally said in a previous post on twitter that this was the first season of DLC. You don't use that wording unless you're confident it's happening or it's already greenlit.
They also talked about being open for more in the future of NASB 1's DLC. Simple fact is, they clearly aren't against making more but lack the numbers to justify it, as others pointed out, Zuko was practically shadow dropped and this newest patch is very lacking with lots of shadow changes not even alluded to in the notes lmao.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
They also talked about being open for more in the future of NASB 1's DLC. Simple fact is, they clearly aren't against making more but lack the numbers to justify it, as others pointed out, Zuko was practically shadow dropped and this newest patch is very lacking with lots of shadow changes not even alluded to in the notes lmao.
I think you're grossly underestimating how well the game did. Just because there's not constantly a conversation going on about it doesn't mean the game is dead or dying.

Quiet majority very often ends up overshadowing what the loud minority says.

The game still has a fairly active reddit community and I've seen a niche but still strong community show up for it. I'm even going to be competing in an in person tournament for it next mont at a substantial gaming event

Last edited:
Top Bottom