• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia! This is Halloween! Town Wins!!!!!!

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Guys, don't quick lynch S2 because of need for a replacement. I'll see if I can get Hida Jiremi to step in. S2's activity has been atrocious, but we gain no information by going for his lynch.

Cello, why are you calling Pichu AND Rockin scum? =/

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Cello, S2 hasn't really said anything. Hell, I've been try'na badger him about checking a setup since pre christmas, and he's yet to have time. His V/LAs legit.

So I ask. Are you calling sold scum, or his playerslot scum?

#HBC | Gorf

@cello again

You think there are two maf factions. Pichu and rockin are vs eachother in your head right? Cuz I don't see em as aligned in any aspect.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Gordito: I'm calling him neither. As I said, it is the kindest course of action, compared to subjecting someone to reading all 800 posts only to get NKed or lynched.

@Tandora: You've not mentioned anything about this game to him? That's kinda weird.

Also, about Pichu and Rockin, yes. I certainly am saying that.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Gordito: 2 mafia factions is possible, but I'd see them as scum whether together or not. I was intrigued by your split neighborhood idea, but I don't think SephMasa is scum anymore.

Gova indy? He won't talk to us at any rate.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sold2 has replaced out! Oh nooooes! Well J needs to find a replacement for everyone so just sit tight for a while....

Oh wait!

I already have one :3c

th3kuzinator replaces Sold2! Thank him very much!

Sold2 stop posting in here please and sorry you had to leave. All votes for Sold2 must now go as th3kuzinator~

Enjoy! (hope this was quick enough....sorry for the delay ">_>)

#HBC | Gorf

Deadlines on Saturday (I don't remember time zone but that time zone midnight), and there are already a couple of people up for lynch. I don't think anyone is gonna piggyback on a S2 lynch, cuz people have scum reads. And I'm gonna be in and out till Thursday, so it's gonna be hard trying to get joey lynched by myself under those circumstances.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Gordito: Based on my other scum reads' actions toward him.

Unvote Vote Joey

Yay, Kuz! You can solidify Sold2's slot's towniness by voting for Joey.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I clicked on Kuz's profile, and just started screaming. My brother was very confused.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
cello said:
I'm calling him neither. As I said, it is the kindest course of action, compared to subjecting someone to reading all 800 posts only to get NKed or lynched.
Yeah I am that idiot who replaced in and is going to read 800 pages by tomorrow hopefully.

However, Cello seems to be addressing me about putting my vote on Joey.

If you would like my vote on him, wanna briefly summarize....ahh forget it. I wont be able to correctly analyze the info you give me about Joey without doing a read for myself.

Sorry about that Cello, I will gladly put my vote on joey if I feel he deserves it after my read.

If there is any place you feel I should start/skip due to RVS or other areas of un-interest that would be quite helpful.

*goes to get an energy drink*

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Gordito, in post #329, you said "I was blue screened at 8:10, and it takes my comp less than a minute to reboot." Is this a mistake?

Spear Pillar, when you made post #347, what was your opinion of my alignment?

Tanny, do you remember when Rockin was berating you for "role name fishing"? Because he was too scared to oppose me? Vote him for it, please. Rabuu. Oh, also, for how he was nitpicking on your RVS phase stuff and being serious.

SephMasa, in #465 you talk about the Gord/Cello debacle and how it means nothing in terms of our alignments. Did you speak with Rockin before you made this post? If so, what was your opinion on our argument beforehand, what was his, and whose position was it that we could both be scum? This is important. Not very, but still important.

@UTDZac: When you said, "At any rate, I still don't think Tiger answered my question a while back.", did you want an answer to your question, or did you want people to notice that he hadn't answered your question?

@Joey:
Joey said:
Tiger: I think his role could possibly be a mafia role as well. The way he was talking before his claim makes him seem REALLY scummy. It's not good that we already have a possible pr out.
Here you say, "It's not good that we already have a possible pr out". So, how is killing that possible pr the best solution to that situation, dilemma really.

Also, in #485, Pichu accuses you of being coached, based on your actions and words. The female head does it again in post #510. What do you think of that, including why you think she mentioned it at all?

In #513, why did you feel it was necessary to clarify how you knew the Pichu hydra?

Zen said:
Cello only requested replacement because he is scum and knows he has no chance in liiving. Things aren't going as smooth for him as he would like. This toppled with the the restriction is just was too much, thus he requested replacement. He wouldn't do this as town, because being town is always fun. Scum is work and not worth all this trouble. Dooms you agree with me?
Also, you never answered Zen's question.

@Meta-Kirby: What did you mean by "clear shift in the game mechanics" in post #562?

@Rockin: You said, "Why you don't like the claim? And also, do you feel that either Cello or Gord is a T V T or T v S?".

@Pichu: Why did you essentially warn Dooms that opposing me was suicide in post #406? The one where all you did was nitpick. And where you call out Zen for "inactivity". And where you unvoted Joey, and Delvro magically never opposed that decision despite his apparent conviction.

It is especially noteworthy that Joey takes that advice to heart. Why would he listen to either of you, when he would not do so oh-so-long-ago in AIMmafia? Seriously, how did "This is a Bad Way to Play" convince him to change his tune from "I'll never follow Cello (implying he'd oppose anything I support)" to "without a reason he agreed with"? Before that, he was saying my method of play would "destroy the town". Coming from him, he SHOULD have been opposing me without reservation. But, reserve there was. And it could ONLY have come from Pichu.

Pichu said:
Unvote vote Tandora

That worked dooms
I don't understand what you meant by this. Please explain.

Pichu said:
Furthermore, why would I as scum go after people who are generally seen viewed as town by most people, especially if CELLO THINKS IT. Everytime I'm in a game as scum, I advise people not to go against Cello and simply ride in his shadow.
WIFOM. WIFOM out the yin-yang. This is seriously scummy, haha.

@All: Joey kept to his guns, saying that he didn't believe Gordito was scum, when at the time, I was claiming irrefutable evidence that Gordito was lying. Joey did not see through that, there's no way.

I refuse to believe that someone that couldn't tell what our punishments were could have 1) realized that Gordito had made a typo in post #329, 2) realized it was not a guaranteed TvS situation (which he must have thought, since he didn't expand upon his position of Gordito =/= scum to Cello = scum) and 3) turned his position 180 degrees the next day after "reconsidering Gordito's AtE".

Seriously, #450 had to have been a scum slip. "He(Gordito) obviously has a town read for most of the townies...So no. I don't want to lynch him.". The last time I've seen something so clearly a scumslip was Swords in Popcorn. He later tried to claim he was talking about me, X1 and Swiss, which makes even less sense.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Actually, I probably should have read through what was said after post #600 before posting that. Ah well.

#HBC | Gorf

@cello

I don't think there was a mistake there. But I'm on my dads iPhone so I can't really see the post right now -_-. It DOES take my comp less than a minute to actually reboot, but about 2 mins to get back on SWF. I really had no typo there iirc. But may have. But probably not.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
"K. Look at what just happened.

I got logged off. Why? Cuz I was blue screened.

When I get blue screened, my whole computer shuts down after 30 minutes.

I was blue screened at 8:10, and it takes my comp less than a minute to reboot.

So, I must have gotten blue screened while I had my inbox up.

What happened, was that I saw I had a PM. I checked the PM, and remembered a Brazzers account my friend told me about. So, I proceeded to, well, do the nasty. Then, my sister walked in. She kept on badgering me because she was lonley or some shiz. So I paused the video and kept trying to get my sister to leave the room. GODDAMNIT BLUE SCREEN! So I keep trying to get around the house, by myself, when my parents come in. FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU! So, I try to get away from them by going into my brothers room (no, he wasn't home at the time). Then, OF ALL FREAKING LUCK, MY GRANDPA COMES IN. So I just rush into my bros room, do my business, and get blue screened soon after the deed was done.

If I flip town this story is true."

is your post.

#HBC | Gorf

In fact, yea. It WAS. I was talking to my grandpa about why I don't bother to get the comp fixed by saying its not that big of a deal cuz it reboots in less than a minute. I meant to talk about how it takes a couple mins to get on SWF (why would you guys care about the former if I only ever interact with you guys about the latter haha).

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I don't agree with Zen on that statement. I'm not going to guess why you wanted to sub out UNLESS it's because Pichu was trying to tell you stuff and J was like "guys stop that's breaking rule 1 D:"

Probably about to make some huge post soon. If not before I go to bed. If I fall asleep or if my laptop dies, expect a big post tomorrow.

M.K

Level 55
@Meta-Kirby: What did you mean by "clear shift in the game mechanics" in post #562?
Basically the tangent that Gord/you went off on and how it basically shifted "normal" play into something that J may have considered inappropriate, causing his actions.

Two Pichus One Pic

Smash Rookie
Joey's play makes me want to scream, throw things at my computer, and run over to his house and shout expletives.

When I learned that Dooms was Joey, I remembered all of my experiences with him in AIMafia and watched his very peculiar mannerisms unfold in this game, much to my chagrin.

And yet, Joey is most definitely not a good play today. The flip-flopping, ridiculous viewponts that come from nowhere and yet never seem to die, is exactly how Joey played as town. No, it doesn't guarantee that he is town in this game, but it makes him a bad play.

Do not lynch Joey. Lynch Rockin.

Rockin is the play today, guys. I'm sick of seing people say "I'm ok with person x/person y/ person z". We can't do this kind of crap so close to the deadline.

Pick a person and stick to it. And that person needs to be Rockin.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
@ Cello before I do that

First question: Because that role could be a townie role or a mafia role. I'm not bothering with him until later.

Second question: I don't know why she says it o_O. Because of how I based gord being a town read on how people that have played games with him previously saying that even though his playstyle is garbage he's town?

Third question: Zen asked a question about it.

K next post from me will definetly be that big list ya'll wanted.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Gordito said:
In fact, yea. It WAS. I was talking to my grandpa about why I don't bother to get the comp fixed by saying its not that big of a deal cuz it reboots in less than a minute. I meant to talk about how it takes a couple mins to get on SWF (why would you guys care about the former if I only ever interact with you guys about the latter haha).
What?

Anyway, my point is that at 7:39 you were looking at your inbox. More accurately, it's the last thing that you were doing on SWF before...whatever else you were doing. The mistake I was looking for was the fact that you said you blue screened at 8:10. If that was the case, why did you claim the blue screen was what caused you to get booted from SWF, which should have been at 7:39?

Also, you never answered Swiss's question about what the PM was about.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Oh, and also the fact that you posted at 8:05, which would have caused an update to your profile. But that happened BEFORE you claimed your blue screen did.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
While I don't agree a lynch on me is a way to go, I do agree that people need to decide what they're gonna do or else we might come up with a no lynch.

I still feel that Gova is the way to go here.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
1.) Kuz: Lol. No opinion.
2.) Tandora:
Guys, don't quick lynch S2 because of need for a replacement. I'll see if I can get Hida Jiremi to step in. S2's activity has been atrocious, but we gain no information by going for his lynch.
Just so it's out there; I agree with this statement minus the Hida part.

I like this idea. I have a theory about what might happen, but I don't want to say until he does. No sense feeding answers, right?

Roulette wheel indicates Boogie woogie, but I just don't see him being amnesiac. I realize flavor (no u Europe!) can be misleading, but the specific line being used definitely gives some validation to at least think about it. ^_^
I don't like this. I know it's been stated a bunch already, but I find it negative for town to be talking about flavor especially since in the rules it says something about not focusing on flavor too much. I don't think flavor will get us too far.

I might be available for hand holding (since this is a J game seems appropriate ^_~). Any takers?
This was a joke, correct?

My view here is more town than scum.

3.) TigerWoods

Whoa. That was interesting lol. So lets decipher this :p

Btw... Gord: Is a loser :p

So Mentos is chased out by something? Do you guys think its a night ability? If so what faction do you think this belongs to?

Also, I'm not sure how trustworthy this note is... but I assume this is a town ability, and that person obviously doesn't like swiss.

I also think the make fun of Gord thing is probably just a vanilla townie ability that doesn't mean too much :p.

More later... I too tired now :-S
I feel like he over analyzed the night too much in this post. I don't see why you would need to do that.

Zen are you really going to try and pin a lynch on me just because I attempted to figure out what happened during the night? Also does anyone else find it strange that no one "died"?
Getting worried over a RVS vote. He wasn't close to dieing either.

I forgot to ask this, do town roles normally go during night zero? o_O Just wondering.

I'm not done with any of these people but I really need to go to sleep @_@ I'll add more stuff to this list and add the rest of the people tomorrow.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gova has requested a replacement!

Man, I will try and find another replacement ASAP. I am sorry I do not have one at the current time but I gotta ask the ones on my list. Sorry for the inconvience.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
KUZ! Now I have someone to tunnel on!

Unvote,

Vote: Kuz

Sooo scummy wishy-washy

Unvote
Vote: Seph

staying there for a while
How am I wishy-washy if I never said I believe "both are scum"? All I did was throw out an idea.

Did an ISO on Seph. His contribution has been null really. Most of his posts are either fluff or answering questions directed to him as simply as possible without any investigations back on his end.

His biggest effort has been to say that both Cello and Gord are scum and their whole interaction was one huge bus between them. Then backs off and says it might have been a bus.

VOTE SEPH
Can I see quotes of my supposed "fluff"?

I'd really like to get back on SephMasa, though. This lurking/whatever (it is Christmas time, so let's see if this changes in the coming days) is exactly what he did in FF6 (Strago- Scum) and Newbie 10 Mario (Replaced Out - Replacement flipped scum). He tends to make a few posts, then disappear, then try and come back before the deadline to tidy things up. I feel comfortable parking my vote here, unless something pretty big comes up.

Vote: SephMasa
Christmas is the best holiday ever don't you think? Want me to list my presents? A Katana, some video games, and being called inactive for taking a holiday. 2ND BEST CHRISTMAS EVER! The only one that was better was the time when the power went out for the whole winter break.

Why haven't you said anything on the case I built on you? (even though it was destroyed) You didn't even comment on it. Weird.

Vote SephMasa
Nice reasoning there, I totally want to lynch that guy too.

For myself, I think Seph is scum because all of his posts are fluff or minimal commitment. He spends time goofing off and asking "Why me?". It's not even a case of dumb or scum, he just looks scummy to me. Feels like he pushed for both Cello and Gord to magnificent b-tards doing a Xanatos gambit with their argument and that they could be scum bussing each other this early in the game unnecessarily. Then when confronted with it, he backed off to "They MIGHT be doing that."
Curious, when have I ever said "Why me?"? Also wth is a Xanatos gambit?

Call it OMGUS or whatever, but I'm not liking your play this game. Although I've really only played with you in two games.

To answer your question from earlier about who I'd be willing to lynch: Seph or Tiger
Unvote Vote: Seph
Yeah I like how no one other than Rockin cared to address this post. This is probably the strongest scum tell I've felt all game.

1. Opportunistic vote
2. No reasoning
3. Prod Dodge(ish)

Obv. Needs more votes on him.

Unvote,

Vote: Gova

Sephiroth's masamune is probably town, granted his contributions have been limited, but his posts are the exact opposite of tandora's in that he tends to say a lot in very little. Also I don't like people claiming he said that both cello and gordito are scum when he only they could be scum together from the beginning, essentially that the argument was a nulltell on their relative alignment.
^This.

Everyone should listen to this guy when he posts. He's giving me the strongest town vibes so far.

K.

Unvote

Vote SephMasa

I can't see Joey being the same as MM Vocal.
So you're voting me because who you want to lynch isn't going to be lynched?

I think there's a term for this, I think it was called "Wagon Hopping"?

OMFG!

I just found out that Gova's replacing out! :mad: His slot needs to die still.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
SephMasa said:
Also wth is a Xanatos gambit?
It's a plan designed to fail, which actually advances the overall Plan. A simple mafia equivalent would be a cop buddying a player who he's investigated and knows is scum, and helping him to lynch a known townie so that he would survive. Little does the mafia know...

Although, seriously, Gova isn't happening. So vote for Joey.

Also, you didn't answer my questions.

Top Bottom