• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia! This is Halloween! Town Wins!!!!!!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@MK. Let's talk :).

Are you intentionally avoiding me? If so, why? Did you see my post to your post coming into the game (methinks like pg 16-17? (40ppp)) Why didn't you address how terribad it is, or how scummy I am? Make a case on me.

Oh wait. You're not vocally going against me because Cello isn't vocally going against me. I see. Then please, do me a favour. Tell me your current stance on me, at this point in the game. Me, I'm not getting any scum-town vibes from you quite yet. I'm more focused on other people right now. But I wanna focus on you. Cuz I wanna have some fun this game :). So let's go. We're settling this.

#HBC | Gorf

Joey said:
Since I should be voting who I think is scummy

Vote: Cello
Not once do I recall you actually saying he's scum. Just because his playstyle is detrimental towards town doesn't mean he's scum. It means you're trying to fake scumhunt by calling out people who you think play badly.

When X1 throws you a bone by saying that bad play =/= scum, actually seize the opprotunity to use that.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
So I can't vote for him because I think his playstyle is a good scum/bad townie type of playstyle?

Maan I'm doin' it wrong :c

I also said I thought he was scum with my scum list. For this exact same reason.

M.K

Level 55
@MK. Let's talk :).

Are you intentionally avoiding me? If so, why? Did you see my post to your post coming into the game (methinks like pg 16-17? (40ppp)) Why didn't you address how terribad it is, or how scummy I am? Make a case on me.

Oh wait. You're not vocally going against me because Cello isn't vocally going against me. I see. Then please, do me a favour. Tell me your current stance on me, at this point in the game. Me, I'm not getting any scum-town vibes from you quite yet. I'm more focused on other people right now. But I wanna focus on you. Cuz I wanna have some fun this game :). So let's go. We're settling this.
Your posts hold no merit to the game, such as this one. It's simply a rouse to lead me into an emotional tirade of how much I utterly despise your play. You've done little to no contributing with current events besides poke and prod into seemingly dead end points, which can be seen as inherently scummy, but then I realize that you never contribute, so my fears are quelled by the fact if you're still alive sometime after D2 then you're probably scum.

#HBC | Gorf

K. So you called em scum before. I'll admit I was wrong there.

Good thing it doesn't bring my point down :D. Trololololol.

You can't just call em scum because of a bad playstyle. Look at me. My playstyle is TERRIBAD at face value. It's so inherently scummy that it makes people scream half the time. Why, you ask? Because it does. I really don't know what's so scummy about my play, just is. Anyway, my point. X1 isn't voting me. Swiss isn't voting me. They know how off the status quo my playstyle. So why do they keep me around? Because BAD PLAY =/= SCUM.

M.K

Level 55
You see, you could better contribute to this game by addressing any of the currrent situations regarding the lynch candidates, evaluating the posts between Rockin and Seph and their relationship, or more closely examining characters such as those you've expressed interest in lynching in the past to maybe stir a case into action that has a better shot of hitting scum, if you think it does.
However, you're more content with dangling your immature string before the audience of the game and dancing around like some bowlegged handicapped jester with knowledge of how bad your play really is and how little you care to fix that fact.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Your playstyle isn't

This was where "present" was said.

However, I like where your brain is at. You should vote for Rockin.
@Tanny: No no no no no no. Tiger is a type of kitty. Kitty is good. Somehow, Domo-kun is good too. Kitty and Domo-kun in unstoppable force.

tl;dr Vote for Gordito or Dooms
Bark~

@Tanny and Swiss: I really do think Tanny is town now. Before I was just kinda neutral. But let's kill Pichu. Kill Pichu. Kill. Basically,

@Zac: Please vote for Dooms, and keep it there until he is lynched. This is for the best. You only know me as scum, you don't know me as town. Know me as town. And win. Or lose, if you're scum. But win.

@Tiger: If you are town, USE YOUR ****ING ABILITY ON ROCKIN.

I think everyone that said, "Cello/Gord exchange was dumb/useless/stupid" needs to die. Everyone should quote this as much as they can to keep it in our brains.

Kupo!
Yeah. I think this gameplay is scummy. Cello depends on this. If he's mafia, then he can just get rid of the people that won't follow him through night kills and it'll give his side an easy win. I don't want that at all.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I believe the Rockin'/Seph Mason claim. I don't see why they'd have to talk about everything through their ability. I also don't see why they would out themselves this early on in the game as masons if they're scum. Seph could have claimed something more safe and he could have saved his skin himself.

Because of that, and because I don't see anything that gives me a scum vibe from his posts; I don't see Seph as scummy.

Spear Piller has legit points. He's just been on the inactive side.

Gords play isn't town-like, but I don't think his play is as scummy as Cello's.

Express interest of who I wanted to lynch in the past? Gord and Tiger? Gord ^ and I'm not going to mess with Tiger's claim day 1.

I get a town vibe from Pichu. I can give reasoning for this in my next post with quotes and stuff.

Lol at immaturity string :3c and man do I love mah Jester :D. I know I'm new and bad, but lol I'm supposed to know how to fix it in my first game since february? Kk.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Cello said:
If he's mafia, then he can just get rid of the people that won't follow him through night kills and it'll give his side an easy win.
Name every player that is "following" me. Are any of them my "scummates"?

No one is doubting that Rockin and Seph are neighbors. Technically, Seph didn't claim anything. Rockin did it all for him.

On that note, you didn't actually talk about Rockin. Unless you are somehow and for some reason trying to claim they are masons, like real masons, when THEY THEMSELVES (read: Rockin) said they weren't. What do you think about him? Citing sources, plox.

Which points that Spear Pillar made are legit to you? This isn't saying you're wrong on this point, but I want to know exactly what you agree with, and consequently, the ones you don't.

Joey said:
I get a town vibe from Pichu. I can give reasoning for this in my next post with quotes and stuff.
Oh please please please do so.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Joey, full list on what you think of each player in the game so far and whether you think they are town or scum. If you're null on that person then choose whichever alignment you lean towards more.

Example said:
Chuckie hasn't been very active and I find this extremely odd based of their normal play as a town leader. From what has been said by them, not much of it has been original. Based on their play so far I think they are likely to be scum.

Gordito: He's been playing pretty scummy. He's using self meta for the main basis for why he isn't scum. He's been saying that he's always suspicious but that people will eventually know he is town. I disagree with this though because in Halo mafia he didn't play bad and was obvious town from the beginning. He had no wagons on him all game because everyone felt he was town. I think Swiss talking about how Gord intentionally plays suspicious purposely to survive to lylo is BS. I think he simply just plays like the rest of us. I think it's really scummy how he was "trying to get people to move over to Joey instead of Seph", but then voted for Seph with out really much effort into persuading others why Joey was a better play even though he was all wishy-washy over Seph and had 2 poor reasons for voting him. However with all this being said, I still think Gordito is town because of a lot of the responses he was giving during cello v. gord and because pandas.

Swiss: blah blah town

...etc.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Seph, respond to everything that has been said against you, explain why you aren't scum and who is. Also recap everything that has gone on in the game so far. You're sucking hardcore right now.

This has been brought to you by the Sephiroth for S-tier campaign.

Cello I'll vote only in the event that there isn't anyone to hammer. I have to stick with my fake votes for now which is on Joey.

Also rpsi is red. The blue is the the antagonist speaking.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
So I like have to wrestle 4 other people in my family to get ****ty ipad internet, which is stupid slow because I'm at a beach far from any internet spots. I won't be back until after New Years too. And this thread has like a zillion posts and I'm still on like page 4.

I haven't even talked to Kat but I assume he hasn't been posting either. Actually I should just search that shiz, but it takes so freaking long to load lol.

So J please talk to Kat but at this stage we might need a replacement, and sorry again :(

#HBC | Gorf

V/LAish till the 30th.

MK, EVERY post I make holds merit. Just because I make it doesn't mean it's not contributing towards the game. I'm a lot smarter than what you give me credit for. That's all I gotta say at this point.

Oh, and talk about this please. You never did:

Gordito said:
So you think I'm scum.

Cool.

People either love or hate the way I play. Simply. I decide not to base my style off of anybody else in DGames, simply because I find it fun, the way I play. Why are you taking all of my shiz at face value?

Now, back to the game. You know that I'm town. K? K. You're just in it to get me dead cuz you don't like me. You're taking your personal angst against me and putting it over playing the game. Don't do that. It's not good.

Tunneling, I use mostly for Cello (cuz that's how he plays as town (he'll admit)), X1 (same, once he gets a scum read he doesn't let it go), and you (cuz you personally hate the way I play, a vendetta that will probz blow over eventually). There are some people that actually know and comprehend my style of play. It's dumb at face value, but makes sense in the end. Fer realz.

I think you should really try toasting walrus, fer realz. Mad lax. Yes I'm using you as an excuse to say that cuz you mentioned it.

I agree with your piece to J to a tee.

I like to think of Tiger's role as a numbers game. What does crazy Gordito mean? He said that he probz has like five more PRs at his disposal. The PR he used was simply anti town. If Tiger's town, then chances are that he has more pro town PRs than anti town PRs. Maybe a 3 pro 2 anti town PR split? Idk, and not even he knows. But it seems like a wise inference. So, it makes me think that toNight, he should use the wheel on a genuinely thought town read. It's a 60% chance that it'll be good for the player, and the fact that immobilizing was already used means that it'll REALLY LIKELY not be used again. So if we eliminate that it makes 75% chance of being hit. Tl;dr, the paragraph says it should be used on a pro town player.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Again, there's nothing much I can say at this point. I did my best to presuade the lynch before the claim. Then I claim. A few people are still dead set on lynching him. I didn't even want to claim, but I needed to so as to avoid seph getting lynched.

I havn't even heard of some of the other player's opinion about the claim (Tandora, Swiss, and a few others).
Seph hasn't countered the claim which gives it merit in that the two of you are communicating outside of the thread legitimately.

What has Seph done as your neighbor that convinces you that he is town? Either in your private chat or in thread? What if another mason showed up with confirmed town statuses with each other? Would that make you reconsider your neighbor's alignment?

I'm glad you told Seph to stop worrying about flavor with Tiger. How do you feel about the other people who are volunteering for Tiger's power? Does that seem like flavor hunting to you? Is it a false contribution to volunteer for the wheel?

Joey's play has gotten pretty murky lately. He's fallen back to "Lynch me and regret it" rather than any helpful contributions. Still, it's more presence than Seph who seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. Willing to lynch either at this point, but staying on my wagon in the meantime.

I see the comment "Leave him for vigbait" quite a bit. Not a big fan of this, but let's assume that there is a vig. Either he's gonna go for who he wants or he'll vig whoever of the two big wagons. Or he'll go for an inactive. There's definitely plenty to pick from. In the long run, though directly the vig is about as helpful as directing the cop. He'll pick who he'll pick.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I was about to argue for SephMasa some more, but Cello is going to help those who help themselves. If he doesn't want to acknowledge his partner is allowing him to die and that he's going to die if he doesn't DO something, then fine.
.++8525210+569+

Two Pichus One Pic

Smash Rookie
Wii are finally making a post together! I'm sad that Cello still thinks that I'm scum and dropped his Rockin wagon. Last night, wii were going to make a post against Rockin, but unfortunately wii were not online at the same time. Plus, one of us was really sleepy. z.z nnn.

Anyway, first off, wii are going to do an ISO on Rockin. Then, wii are going to conclude why Rockin should be lynched toDay. Neither of us agree that Joey should be the play.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11848608&postcount=152

Head 1 thoughts: Well, this post definitely gives off a different vibe than when I modded over Rockin in DnD. Really, if you read it, you can boil it down to "trying to appear towny by giving helpful information" without any deep thought.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11855094&postcount=412

Head 1 thoughts: Here's another post where you can boil it down to "triyng to appear towny by giving helpful information. Plus, it's only his second post.

Head 2 Thoughts: Post #412: Rockin jumps on the anti-Cello party without really saying anything specific or useful.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11855341#post11855341

Head 1 Thoughts: This is the beginning of Rockin trying to hate on Cello. Perhaps a better phrase would be, showing that he hates Cello. Rockin seems to have built some animosity against Cello lately! He wants to Tiger to use his ability on himself or Cello, which makes sense given what Rockin says later, and this is true... You could also say, given Rockin's past posts, he's just trying to appear Towny. Are his actions true, or no? I think it's possibel Rockin was trying to appear townie. Besides, if he can't talk and is scum, his only venue which to apear is SephMasa, who appears to think he is town although they are not confirmed to each other. Not having to speak and disappaering for a whole day is very advantageous to scum.

This is also the post in which he first votes Tandora, but only after us Pichus start to put suspicion on her. Originally, I thought this gave him a townie perspective; however, continue on and you'll see why my mind changed!

Head 2 thoughts: Post #424: Rockin apparently doesn't believe Tiger's claim, yet doesn't really offer any useful information at all about why Tiger might be scum or town. He just talks about who to target. Personally, I believe that anyone who is town and has half a brain should see that Tiger's claim would be utterly ridiculous as scum, BUT EVEN FAILING THAT, a person who doesn't trust someone's role claim should have their vote on him on Day 1. Period. But instead, in the SAME POST, he votes Tandora off of a single quote because she's interested in flavor. Wtf?

Oh and speaking of his vote on Tandora (and his vote on Spear Pillar), why does he keep coat-tailing on my suspicions?

Head 2 Thoughts: An interesting note, many of Rockin's posts after this one act as directing why Tiger should use his role on Rockin, and it generally seems that after post #424, Rockin assumes Tiger's role is real. I particularly love how much Rockin wants Tiger to use his role on Rockin, with Rockin trying to make himself look like a martyr for it (post #491, "Yes, I know there's a possibility of one of us being killed, but I'm kinda willing to risk it."). YEAH, RIGHT. What scum wouldn't want Tiger to target them, make them disappear for the day, be unlynchable, and have a perfect excuse to lurk? (Since this is the only ability so far that we know exists)

Post #676: Wow.... Rockin reeeeeeeeeeeally wants Tiger to target him with that ability! His main suspect is Tandora, yet he focuses WAAAAAY more on Tiger.

Post #679: Rockin picks two suspects out of a hat, with no votes and extremely little explanation on both.

Also, I want to note Cello's #695 to Rockin. This, as well as Rockin's responses and a few other things early game, is a great reason to pursue UTDZac D2 if Rockin flips scum. I think a scum team between the two is highly likely.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11858811#post11858811

Head 1 Thoughts: Here he says cello and himself bickered most of DnD. Is this true? From my PoV they only bickered on the last day. Otherwise, Rockin seemed relatively quiet; the opposite of how he appears here.

Head 2 thoughts: Post #489: On Christmas eve, he says he's not fond of inactives but wants to be lenient on them because it's Christmas. Then, he votes Spear Pillar on the Day after Christmas, and THE ONLY reason is because, in his words, "He only made like...1...2 posts? Ugh. And he's in a hydra." Spear Pillar himself pointed out this inconsistency in post #672. Also, except under certain circumstances, I view it as a scum tell when someone asks the entire town if they are ok with his vote.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11858967#post11858967

Head 1 thoughts: Here he throws up past games, like he's tend to do for most of his ISO, it seems. I do this a lot when I'm scum: remember this? remember that? It helps fill up your posts and makes you look like you know what you're talking about.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11864324#post11864324

Head 1 thoughts: Here he seems to go OPPOSITE of what he said in the post before. He said he wants people to believe him, but here he seems to berate his own towniness.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11864516#post11864516

Head 1 thoughts: More about Tiger targeting him or Cello, blah blah balh.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11865259#post11865259

Head 1 Thoughts: This is a post where he starts a back and forth with Tandora. Keep this in mind!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11868564#post11868564

Head 1 Thoughts: Important! Even tho he's in a back and forth on Tandora and NEVER DROPS HIS SUSPICIONS ON HER, he switches his vote to Spear pillar! And not to rub our backs or anything, but it's only after Pichus voted for Spear pillar, which is what he did with Tandora! Originally, I was going to suggest to Other Head that we start a third wagon and see if he followed, just to see if he would. Given the games' circumstances, however, we never had the time.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11869738#post11869738

Head 1 Thoughts: Here he explains why he flipped to Spear Pillar, sort of. But why, if he legitmately thinks Tandora is scum, why would he flip to Spear Pillar? Was he seeing it as too hard as a push to keep pushing? The winds weren't blowing his sails? It makes no sense. It continues to make no sense, because, you'll see in the later posts, he continues to push for Tandora. But if he thinks it's Tandora, then why doesnt' he push for Tandora? Instead he seems to be following the winds blowing his sails.

He also recalls old games, and as I mentioned before, why I see this as a scummy act.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11871532#post11871532

Head 1 Thoughts: Here it seems he tries to rectify why he doesn't push for Tandora; yet on one hand he says it's a scum read, but it's not enough alone to lynch her. Yet, he went on a back and forth on her, and this is page 16 of the game. Yet the only person he can read, he won't push for, and it's been 16 pages into the game. This is the only thing he has?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11874356#post11874356

Head 1 thoughts: Here is an interesting post, almost making me reconsider Rockin's Towniness. However, we know that Rockin has the thought process of lynching inactivates/non-contributers. All his posts have made that clear; yet here he berates us for wanting to lynch Seph. We understand that it is because they are in a neighborhood NOW, but why the obvious hypocrisy? He also seems to want to play by what he says when it benefits him.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11874833#post11874833

Here and the following posts largely contain information about Rockin's claim, and where I find most of his scumminess comes into play.

First of all, he claims FOR SEPH when Seph was at l-4 with 4-5 days left. A lot changes in mafia, so why did Rockin feel the need to claim so early? From my point of view, I think he was trying to look townie by saving a townie. He stepped forth FIRST with the information so it would look reasonable coming from his angle. But like I said, Seph was l-4, with 4-5 days so why did he want to say the information so early? Also, he pretty much puts Seph on the chopping block for a night kill... if he was so concerned for his neighborhood partner staying around, why would he out both of them and not be concerned about being night killed?

He wants Seph around. He wants him around because he has said something to Seph to make him believe Rockin is town aligned. However, I think that Rockin is scum, and Seph is town, because once Seph flips town, either through a lynch or nightkill, that'll make rockin look better. You can see it from how Rockin approaches the game and tries to use Seph. Even though they are in a neighborhood, Rockin has managed to convince Seph he's town, even tho Seph shouldn't believe it one bit. Seph is being used.

I also further believe Rockin is scum, because from my understanding I've 95% pinpointed the mason pair. that's right, I believe there's another mason pair and I know who they are. From the way they interact with each other, they are also confirmed with each other. I could be totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. the only person I want to give this information to this Cello, so if you're not him, don't read the following: the mason pair are
Just joking, I ain't stupid.
but seriously, I'm pretty sure I got them picked out, and don't mistake this as a breadcrumb for mason either.

Btw, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11875383#post11875383

Here he has two entirely new candidates here. Where'd Tandora go?

unvote vote Rockin

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Here's why people should shift over to voting for Joey:

SephMasa: It's you or him. This isn't about survival for you, it's that your faction needs as much power as possible, so don't die. So it is I guess, but do it for me.
Haven't I already told you and everyone else that I don't like vote directs. For one, I think Gova's wagon needs alot more attention just like Rockin said. And two, even though you think I'm town doesn't mean that I'm going to forget you outing my trap earlier. If scum, that would have been the best move possible.

IGMEON

@SephMasa: Here's an example:

Why did he choose to bring this up in-thread, instead of talking to you about it in your QT? It makes you look bad in front of the rest of us. Compare to how he is likely speaking to you in your QT; I'd bet that he's buttering you up, saying that he has a gut feeling or something that you're town.
Maybe the fact that the thread is alot faster paced?

@SephMasa: You're ok with your partner saying stuff like this? You shouldn't be.
Why are you so bent on turning Rockin and I against eachother?

Seph, respond to everything that has been said against you, explain why you aren't scum and who is. Also recap everything that has gone on in the game so far. You're sucking hardcore right now.

This has been brought to you by the Sephiroth for S-tier campaign.
icwutudidthar :awesome:

To tell you the truth I had a huge post on everything, but it got erased. No johns I'll do it today.

Still, it's more presence than Seph who seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. Willing to lynch either at this point, but staying on my wagon in the meantime.
I was about to argue for SephMasa some more, but Cello is going to help those who help themselves. If he doesn't want to acknowledge his partner is allowing him to die and that he's going to die if he doesn't DO something, then fine.
.++8525210+569+

Chill out, I had friends over yesterday, (and they're still here). It's like you guys expect me to respond to everything at that moment.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
****z, I got a lot to respond to...and my internet chose TODAY to be turned off... -_-;;

nevertheless, I am going to make a post at my grandmother's house! :D

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Lots to read (4 pages). Posting later.

Unvote Vote Rockin
I'm a bit curious as to why you're voting for me. I remember you either had a small issue with me or feel I should be investigated. Mind enlighten me?

Seph hasn't countered the claim which gives it merit in that the two of you are communicating outside of the thread legitimately.

What has Seph done as your neighbor that convinces you that he is town? Either in your private chat or in thread? What if another mason showed up with confirmed town statuses with each other? Would that make you reconsider your neighbor's alignment?
Well private chat wise I havn't seen anything town worth. That's mostly cause neither of us has hardly spoke to each other. In the beginning, he wanted to know if he should accept the Zen handhold, to which I said that he shouldn't, but co-operate with him anyway. Personally, I dislike holding hands D1. It'll be better worth D2 when I have a good feeling as to where you stand. Other then his john about not catching up (due to spring break) and him irritated that I should've notified him about claiming before doing that, that was all that was shared.

In thread, same thing. Nothing of town note cause he was hardly posting. His posts were starting to look a bit bad, but he's getting better. I'm just hoping it keeps on improving following D2

I'm glad you told Seph to stop worrying about flavor with Tiger. How do you feel about the other people who are volunteering for Tiger's power? Does that seem like flavor hunting to you? Is it a false contribution to volunteer for the wheel?
They're probably just as curious to the power as I am, though I'm unsure what kind of backup they have if they were to dissipear or w/e. It's not flavor hunting or false contribution cause they're volunteering on an activity/affect. I guess if one was to pester them constantly about using the power even though Tiger said no would fall into the line of 'being unhelpful'

Now, off to answer Pichu's post/ISO (man, that thing is big enough to choke a ***** XD)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I forgot to answer another of Tandora's question

If there were masons so as to confirm, I would be pretty...skepticle. I dunno...I would find it really odd. I'm sure I'd see it as scum (cause two neighbors + two masons + Mafia? That's a bit unbalanced right there). I would also be concerned with my own neighbor. If it ever came to that, I would really hope our cop (if we have one) get on the ball and start investigating (but even then, that may be too time consuming for one cop to do).

I guess it'll have to come down to both the masons and the neighbors working together and try to ride ourselves to lylo while the cop investigates at least one of us (that is, if seph has a better idea).

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11848608&postcount=152

Head 1 thoughts: Well, this post definitely gives off a different vibe than when I modded over Rockin in DnD. Really, if you read it, you can boil it down to "trying to appear towny by giving helpful information" without any deep thought.
I always try to be useful/towny whenever I play. Wasn't much to be said or commented at the moment that I post except point out the obvious

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11855094&postcount=412

Head 1 thoughts: Here's another post where you can boil it down to "triyng to appear towny by giving helpful information. Plus, it's only his second post.

Head 2 Thoughts: Post #412: Rockin jumps on the anti-Cello party without really saying anything specific or useful.
After that first post, I can't remember if I was busy with something or I didn't make much of an interest with looking at the game sometime. All I remember was I saw some stuff going on at the current page where I looked at and I needed to note everyone to slow down (And yeah, I'm never a fan of Cello's work)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11855341#post11855341

Head 1 Thoughts: This is the beginning of Rockin trying to hate on Cello. Perhaps a better phrase would be, showing that he hates Cello. Rockin seems to have built some animosity against Cello lately! He wants to Tiger to use his ability on himself or Cello, which makes sense given what Rockin says later, and this is true... You could also say, given Rockin's past posts, he's just trying to appear Towny. Are his actions true, or no? I think it's possibel Rockin was trying to appear townie. Besides, if he can't talk and is scum, his only venue which to apear is SephMasa, who appears to think he is town although they are not confirmed to each other. Not having to speak and disappaering for a whole day is very advantageous to scum.

This is also the post in which he first votes Tandora, but only after us Pichus start to put suspicion on her. Originally, I thought this gave him a townie perspective; however, continue on and you'll see why my mind changed!

Head 2 thoughts: Post #424: Rockin apparently doesn't believe Tiger's claim, yet doesn't really offer any useful information at all about why Tiger might be scum or town. He just talks about who to target. Personally, I believe that anyone who is town and has half a brain should see that Tiger's claim would be utterly ridiculous as scum, BUT EVEN FAILING THAT, a person who doesn't trust someone's role claim should have their vote on him on Day 1. Period. But instead, in the SAME POST, he votes Tandora off of a single quote because she's interested in flavor. Wtf?

Oh and speaking of his vote on Tandora (and his vote on Spear Pillar), why does he keep coat-tailing on my suspicions?
Being lynched for bullshit reasons can make a person do that, especially if the brain dead townies believe in him over me. =/

Head No 1 : I like to think that, since seph is in a partner with me, I like to think he's town till cop/night action shinanicans say otherwise. As I explained to him in private, it's been a long time since I was masoned (in a sense) with someone. Also, I didn't know you had some suspicion for Tandora. I thought you had a conflict of saying her actions or scummy, but you feel she's town...or something like that. In anycase, I'm not tailing you or anything.

Head No 2 : I never said I didn't believe it. It's more like 'eh...okay...what to do?' sort of thing. We only saw 1 of its 5 abilities. I thought if by putting the focus on the power on either me or Cello (for reasons said)

Oh, you had suspicion on Spear Pillar too? I didn't know. I guess it was just cowincidence. I'm kinda starting to see why ya are suspicious of me though >>;;

Head 2 Thoughts: An interesting note, many of Rockin's posts after this one act as directing why Tiger should use his role on Rockin, and it generally seems that after post #424, Rockin assumes Tiger's role is real. I particularly love how much Rockin wants Tiger to use his role on Rockin, with Rockin trying to make himself look like a martyr for it (post #491, "Yes, I know there's a possibility of one of us being killed, but I'm kinda willing to risk it."). YEAH, RIGHT. What scum wouldn't want Tiger to target them, make them disappear for the day, be unlynchable, and have a perfect excuse to lurk? (Since this is the only ability so far that we know exists)
Are you sure you're reading 489 and 491 right? I don't think I was pestering/reccommanding that I should be picked for it. 489 was just reminding Tiger if he thought about my plan. 491 is just me telling Tiger what the plan was (since he didn't want to go back and search for it)

Post #676: Wow.... Rockin reeeeeeeeeeeally wants Tiger to target him with that ability! His main suspect is Tandora, yet he focuses WAAAAAY more on Tiger.
You mean this?[/quote] You're kinda overexaggerating if that's the case. All I did was ask why.

This is how you're seeing it 'NO ****ING WAY! YOU ARE GONNA PICK EITHER ME OR CELLO AND LIKE IT!! SPECIFICALLY ME!!!'

Post #679: Rockin picks two suspects out of a hat, with no votes and extremely little explanation on both.
[url=http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11875383&postcount=679] Oh yes.

Not sure if it was 'by a hat,' but I did take notice of Zac's and Gova's lack of posts. That last line was my reason of Gova. Zac is just plain being inactive.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11858811#post11858811

Head 1 Thoughts: Here he says cello and himself bickered most of DnD. Is this true? From my PoV they only bickered on the last day. Otherwise, Rockin seemed relatively quiet; the opposite of how he appears here.

Head 2 thoughts: Post #489: On Christmas eve, he says he's not fond of inactives but wants to be lenient on them because it's Christmas. Then, he votes Spear Pillar on the Day after Christmas, and THE ONLY reason is because, in his words, "He only made like...1...2 posts? Ugh. And he's in a hydra." Spear Pillar himself pointed out this inconsistency in post #672. Also, except under certain circumstances, I view it as a scum tell when someone asks the entire town if they are ok with his vote.
Head 1 - It felt like days....

Head 2 - 'Ugh...and he's in a hydra' part was just me irritated that he's an INACTIVE hydra. I mean...how can that be done, really? You have two people on one account. ><;;

I wasn't asking if people was okay with the vote. I was asking what are people's OPINION on the CASE/REASONING I have of voting him. Head 2, need to either quit skimming or overexaggerating what I say.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11868564&postcount=584

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11858967#post11858967

Head 1 thoughts: Here he throws up past games, like he's tend to do for most of his ISO, it seems. I do this a lot when I'm scum: remember this? remember that? It helps fill up your posts and makes you look like you know what you're talking about.
I do this as both town and scum when a situation arise. Not sure how this further points me as scum though.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11864324#post11864324

Head 1 thoughts: Here he seems to go OPPOSITE of what he said in the post before. He said he wants people to believe him, but here he seems to berate his own towniness.
As much as I want others to believe my townieness, I would not easily take in any other's views on me as town. There has to be a reason, and from that point, I felt I didn't do a lot compared to you, Zen, and a few others. That's why I wanted to know his reason (not to mention it contradicted a bit with his view on Tandora, who was also green)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11864516#post11864516

Head 1 thoughts: More about Tiger targeting him or Cello, blah blah balh.
He made it seem like a science project. All he had to do was think it over and say yes or no. ><

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11868564#post11868564

Head 1 Thoughts: Important! Even tho he's in a back and forth on Tandora and NEVER DROPS HIS SUSPICIONS ON HER, he switches his vote to Spear pillar! And not to rub our backs or anything, but it's only after Pichus voted for Spear pillar, which is what he did with Tandora! Originally, I was going to suggest to Other Head that we start a third wagon and see if he followed, just to see if he would. Given the games' circumstances, however, we never had the time.
The only thing Tandora did to what I felt was scummy was going on and on about name fishing her as well as going onto flavor. It was irritating and anti-town. I'm not going to vote her for those grounds however, as a townie can do that to. I've just been keeping an eye on her.

I was going after Spear Pillar for being inactive. I went after him because there was being inactive is a bit more scummy and unhelpful then flavor hunting. Yes, townies can be inactive too, but I wasn't going to take chances (not after some of the last games when people were inactive...)

If we was to lynch an inactive scum, good. If it was town, that'd suck, but we would've got rid of dead fodder.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11869738#post11869738

Head 1 Thoughts: Here he explains why he flipped to Spear Pillar, sort of. But why, if he legitmately thinks Tandora is scum, why would he flip to Spear Pillar? Was he seeing it as too hard as a push to keep pushing? The winds weren't blowing his sails? It makes no sense. It continues to make no sense, because, you'll see in the later posts, he continues to push for Tandora. But if he thinks it's Tandora, then why doesnt' he push for Tandora? Instead he seems to be following the winds blowing his sails.

He also recalls old games, and as I mentioned before, why I see this as a scummy act.
Because, as I explained before, flavor hunting isn't too scummy. Just anti-town and unhelpful.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11871532#post11871532

Head 1 Thoughts: Here it seems he tries to rectify why he doesn't push for Tandora; yet on one hand he says it's a scum read, but it's not enough alone to lynch her. Yet, he went on a back and forth on her, and this is page 16 of the game. Yet the only person he can read, he won't push for, and it's been 16 pages into the game. This is the only thing he has?
Some games I have several leads on D1. Other times I have about...1 or 2 leads on D1. The rare few times I have none on D1. x.x;

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11874356#post11874356

Head 1 thoughts: Here is an interesting post, almost making me reconsider Rockin's Towniness. However, we know that Rockin has the thought process of lynching inactivates/non-contributers. All his posts have made that clear; yet here he berates us for wanting to lynch Seph. We understand that it is because they are in a neighborhood NOW, but why the obvious hypocrisy? He also seems to want to play by what he says when it benefits him.

I'm personally making Seph an exception cause of the fact that he's my neighbor. Also, this is before the claim, as I was trying hard not to let anyone lynch him (since it seemed everyone made up their mind).

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11874833#post11874833

Here and the following posts largely contain information about Rockin's claim, and where I find most of his scumminess comes into play.

First of all, he claims FOR SEPH when Seph was at l-4 with 4-5 days left. A lot changes in mafia, so why did Rockin feel the need to claim so early? From my point of view, I think he was trying to look townie by saving a townie. He stepped forth FIRST with the information so it would look reasonable coming from his angle. But like I said, Seph was l-4, with 4-5 days so why did he want to say the information so early? Also, he pretty much puts Seph on the chopping block for a night kill... if he was so concerned for his neighborhood partner staying around, why would he out both of them and not be concerned about being night killed?

He wants Seph around. He wants him around because he has said something to Seph to make him believe Rockin is town aligned. However, I think that Rockin is scum, and Seph is town, because once Seph flips town, either through a lynch or nightkill, that'll make rockin look better. You can see it from how Rockin approaches the game and tries to use Seph. Even though they are in a neighborhood, Rockin has managed to convince Seph he's town, even tho Seph shouldn't believe it one bit. Seph is being used.

I also further believe Rockin is scum, because from my understanding I've 95% pinpointed the mason pair. that's right, I believe there's another mason pair and I know who they are. From the way they interact with each other, they are also confirmed with each other. I could be totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. the only person I want to give this information to this Cello, so if you're not him, don't read the following: the mason pair are
Just joking, I ain't stupid.
but seriously, I'm pretty sure I got them picked out, and don't mistake this as a breadcrumb for mason either.
He wasn't around for posting. He had to catch up to a lot of pages. And he was getting close to getting lynched (to which I read it as L-3 at the time). I wasn't sure if Seph would even have the time to claim (due to mod saying he isn't prodding 24-26). For the lack of better judgement though, I claimed for him without consulting it. It wasn't just to make me look towny. I was just trying to save him. I felt if we was to claim, neither of us would be lynched and maybe one of us be NKed. It was a better scenario then seph claiming, I claim, they still lynch him, and Mafia NKs me.

I didn't say anything special to Seph in a private matter that'd make me auto believe I'm town. Seph can clarify this. I'll admit to using him if Tiger was to use the ability on me, but nothing else. I even told Seph about it on private chat afterwards, to which he seemed to have agreed with it (if he didn't, I'd told Tiger to forget that idea).

------------------

*ahem* that was a bit of a read

Pichu, I understand at least a few of the things pointed over to me. Mainly the 'me following your suspicions' sort of thing. It wasn't intentional. I just disliked Tandora's flavor hunt and Spear's inactivity.

Head no.2, I suggest you look at some of the stuff you said about me. I can't help that a few of the things you said was a bit overexaggerated. >>;

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I like Pichu's ISO on Rockin'. I had gotten a similar vibe of "Oh, unconfirmed mason makes Rockin look better."

Rockin, why didn't you talk with Seph first? Usually it is a lot easier to IM someone than get a hold of them in thread. As Pichu pointed out, you had several days and Seph was only at L-3. Plenty of time to confer with him instead of jumping the gun. Honestly, the answer you gave so far reeks of distrust of your neighbor's competency and that just does not seem like a good play to me.

At this point, with the information we got from the attention to Seph, I am willing to back off from him for now. Rockin or Joey look good to me.
UNVOTE

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I like Pichu's ISO on Rockin'. I had gotten a similar vibe of "Oh, unconfirmed mason makes Rockin look better."

Rockin, why didn't you talk with Seph first? Usually it is a lot easier to IM someone than get a hold of them in thread. As Pichu pointed out, you had several days and Seph was only at L-3. Plenty of time to confer with him instead of jumping the gun. Honestly, the answer you gave so far reeks of distrust of your neighbor's competency and that just does not seem like a good play to me.

At this point, with the information we got from the attention to Seph, I am willing to back off from him for now. Rockin or Joey look good to me.
UNVOTE
Not sure about the distrust thing, but I do admit it was a bad decision on my part.Again, I didn't really see him defending himself from the increasing vote on him. We never really talk on IM/AIM. we were conversating on QT.

So far, the only thing I'm being accused of is trying to be townie and using seph for my own benefits. I can kinda understand why that seems that way, but I'm not at all. I'm just...playing like how I would play. Yes, the claim on my part was a bad idea (at least doing it without conversing with my other half), but it wasn't done in a way to make myself look town.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Wish I coulda said this before I disappeared and I hate saying it now but
/request replacement

I just can't do this anymore. Sorry to J, sorry to all y'all, and super sorry to my replacement.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Unvote Vote Sold2

This is probably the kindest course of action. Still up for Pichu, Joey, Rockin lynch and not appalled by SephMasa lynch.

But really, as long as Sold2, Gova, Two Pichus One Pic, UTDZac, -Joey-, Rockin and I guess Sephirothis Masumune all eventually die I'm a happy camper.

This is all without reading anything past like 2pm, but I'd really rather not subject anyone that doesn't have to be to this game. Not saying anything bad about J with this.

That reminds me, when I was talking about people who would remain nameless, I wasn't talking about Gordito.

Top Bottom