• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia! This is Halloween! Town Wins!!!!!!

Swiss

Smash Lord
This game is going in the wrong direction.

Pichu your logs in NO WAY clear you. Jesus. Also if I had a scum read on you before I'd be sure you were scum now. Luckily I lean town on you but GAWD.

Cello, this is FFVI X1 all over again. But with Joey.

Vote Zac

Count this as a Gova/BSL vote too.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Swiss said:
Cello, this is FFVI X1 all over again. But with Joey.
Unless you are in a masonry with Joey, this is inaccurate, in that X1 was confirmed as town to you by the mod in that game. Regardless, don't mix up reads with facts, and rescind your statement if you aren't his partner.

Also, please invert where your actual vote is and your virtual vote, plox.

Swiss

Smash Lord
How do you have him as a scum read? It defeats me to try and figure it out.

Posts >>like<< #1138 make it painfully obvious he is noobtown, assuming SephTown (which you endorse).

Put it this way, if you don't accept JoeyTown I'll tunnel Tan for the scummy things she's done toDay and get her vig listed or lynched. I'll push a Seph lynch too and use people like Gord to carry it through, making your Joey lynch almost impossible. Basically I'll get two of your town reads which I could disagree with lynched. Why? Because you, Cello, have to compromise with me - not just me compromising with you. What happens when us two don't compromise? Bad stuff happens.

And I said X1 was town before he was mod confirmed to me anyway. Vanity.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
...how is that post noobtown? Seriously.

Go ahead and tunnel Tanny. As for a Seph lynch before a Joey lynch, after that quickhammer attempt (or did you forget that?) I'd like to see you try.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Ninja'd.

Wow, here we go again. Swiss disagrees with Cello (and will turn out to be right again) hence Cello places a vote on Swiss because he has to be anti town.

Wonderful analysis.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Tell us at what post you first started to consider Joey noobtown.

Also, before now, did anyone think Swiss was scum? I didn't.

Swiss

Smash Lord
When I did my full re-read IIRC. Same time I thought Rockin was a bad lynch (Look what happened there).

Cello it's painfully obvious you are town, but for the sake of all that's Holy - pipe down.

Why I like playing with you when you read me wrong so often is beyond me.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
How do you have him as a scum read? It defeats me to try and figure it out.

Posts >>like<< #1138 make it painfully obvious he is noobtown, assuming SephTown (which you endorse).

Put it this way, if you don't accept JoeyTown I'll tunnel Tan for the scummy things she's done toDay and get her vig listed or lynched. I'll push a Seph lynch too and use people like Gord to carry it through, making your Joey lynch almost impossible. Basically I'll get two of your town reads which I could disagree with lynched. Why? Because you, Cello, have to compromise with me - not just me compromising with you. What happens when us two don't compromise? Bad stuff happens.

And I said X1 was town before he was mod confirmed to me anyway. Vanity.
First, you ever see that movie Speed with Keanu Reeves where they talk about what to do when a suspect has a hostage? You shoot the hostage. Yeah, that's what Cello is gonna do to anyone you threaten to counter lynch, Swiss.

Second, how is this even productive? I see the two of you proclaiming "Y is town" without backing up that statement. Also, you're tunneling down the mentality of trying to prove to one person that they are wrong. How about expanding your attention to the other 15 votes (14 actually, cannot really count Zen) instead?

Let's look at the people who were on the Rockin lynch. It stands to reason that at least one scum is it right?

Here's the lynch wagon:
16.) Rockin [9] I voted yes on Spear Pillar, Two Pichus One Pic, X1-12, Tandora, Cello_Marl, Meta-Kirby, Joey, Gordito, Swiss

Spear is dead, Pichu said they can prove they are town, I'm town, Cello is town, Swiss is town and I think Gboy is town because we had to make fun of him yesterday and I believe his actions of attempting to prove himself as town to Cello were sincere.

That leaves X1, MK, and Joey as potential scum.

Joey did attempt a quick hammer, so that's scum points in his direction. Need to do a reread on X1 and MK, but don't have time right now b/c I gotta go to work.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Tan that is terrible reasoning but I like the results.

Also you don't have X1 on your town list? I like you a lot.

Zen I'm assuming MK was copped because wtfretard cop otherwise.

X1-12

Smash Champion
X1 why did you suggest I get copped yesterDay?
If I didn't say already (I think I did) Knowing your alignment (with decent reliability) makes any mafia game about 10X easier for me.

Stuff:

Swiss is OMFG I'm prolly gonna mostly ignore you because it will take ages for me to re-read you and find out if you're scum even then getting your lynch in a game full of so many other players will not happen until much later game. So I might aswell just not bother discerning your alignment right now. I'm not fearing being NK'ed before then and now because I know as scum you'd never NK because of some superiority complex or something. (I will drink this specific wine at any time, I am 100% sure of this.)
Joey is still not the play
Pichu is town.
Tan is null-leaning-town
Sephmasa is probably scum
Zen is scum
I could see Cello as not town actually. AFAIK Cello's meta is based on the fact that he is good at scumhunting and ergo good as town, this explains why his indy play is so similar to his town play. If this multiple Mafia factions thing is for real then I think Cello could be scum (even if its 1 maf faction then poss. Indy) still hunting for the other scum though. I'm just not feeling a town Cello at this point based on the amount of times he changed his vote toDay. I will maybe re-read a cellotown game to make proper make my decision

Vote: Zen

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Tiger: From what I understand the fact the slot you got was blank implies that one of the slots just does nothing. From reading the Day start it sounds like if you got another ability it would actually write something to cello, but since you got this one it started to Cello but did nothing.

@Swiss: Do you still like Tan now that she revealed she never has me on her town list?

Re-read Cello now and give me a stance.

Go more in depth on Zen.

Why not Gova/Zac?

Would you wagon Seph with me?
No.

The little reasoning in his posts and his tunnelling on MK, despite the fact that cop was supposedly "obv on MK" but has not claimed yet, nor has someone really tried to make a case to save claiming. Its possible that Zen is in some way trying to do that but he knows how to make a case, and this isn't it.

Not Gova(BSL)/Zac because right now Zen/Seph are scummier than them and need to go first. I can worry about them later.

No, I want Zen gone toDay, if I'm getting no-where then I will take Seph

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
^lol what are you saying?

Your reasoning makes no sense. And why would I know if M-K was copped, what??? X1 you're so useless man.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I seriously can't understand what you're saying here at all:
The little reasoning in his posts and his tunnelling on MK, despite the fact that cop was supposedly "obv on MK" but has not claimed yet, nor has someone really tried to make a case to save claiming. Its possible that Zen is in some way trying to do that but he knows how to make a case, and this isn't it.

X1-12

Smash Champion
There is little reasoning in your posts.

You are tunnelling on MK (also with little apparent reason)

The cop was supposedly "obv on MK" yet no-one has claimed cop with a guilty, yet you are still tunnelling him, or made any sort of serious motion towards an MK lynch

I considered the possibility that you could be the cop with guilty on MK, however you haven't claimed, and if you were trying to get him lynched without claiming (i.e building a case) then you are doing it wrong.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
There is little reasoning in your posts.
All my major cases have had reasoning. I've explained why I wanted Joey lynched, I explained why I felt Seph was town, I explained why I disliked Tandora. When's the last time you've given reasoning? You gave no reasoning to wanting strictly Rockin lynched. No reasoning to why Joey is town. And no reasoning for why you dislike m e and Seph until Swiss asked you, and the reasons you are giving are fake and out of no where.
You are tunnelling on MK (also with little apparent reason)
Show how I'm tunneling in anyway. I only made one post saying he was scum yesterday. Flipped on that, saying he was town. And then today again I decided he was scum. How is that tunneling? I didn't even talk about him that much yesterday you troll.
The cop was supposedly "obv on MK" yet no-one has claimed cop with a guilty, yet you are still tunnelling him, or made any sort of serious motion towards an MK lynch
wtf is this? SUPPOSEDLY? What? By saying supposedly, you're saying that it wasn't obvious. And if you hadn't noticed, I wanted Pichu copped. And so did Cello. I would expect the cop to listen to Cello. Swiss is the only one who thinks M-K was the obvious cop. "Yet you are tunneling him, or made any serious motion towards an MK lynch" <--doesn't make sense.

Troll. I actually started laughing at the end of that.

X1-12

Smash Champion
#1062 you say "I'm now confirmed" which isn't entirely true. The fact you can't vote without punishment is confirmed, that all, nothing about your alignment

#1067 - #1081 a flurry of one liners which include, calling AtE when Pichu is saying he can confirm himself as town. Thats stupid, why would scum try a gambit like that knowing they'd certainly be lynched later? You also ask to be protected by the doc (wtf?) which I find pretty damn strange to say the least, are you seriously the most important town player right now? Followed by a post that just says "Die"

#1137 "kill MK [sparta]" That is what I am talking about when I say tunelling with no reasoning. Regardless of the fact its only 1 post.

wrt what you're saying:

It was clear that only a Rockin or a Joey lynch was going to be viable at late D1, I clearly stated I didn't want Joey Lynched, he's just a noob. I also had Seph as my first scumpick on D1, with iirc you as a 2nd pick. I really don't have the time to -or care to- pull them up right now but Seph I think was because he commented on Cello/gboy interaction saying it could be bussing, I asked him if it WAS bussing and he said, "well its possible, you've always got to consider that" or some other completely crap when I clearly asked him what he thought on the matter, not whether bussing was "possible"

You're scummy cause of stuff like #729 calling multi-maf factions because the copypasta rules don't clarify how many diff factions there are. (useless and misleading. Whilst I'm going back through I see #642 and #643, two one-liners saying "die" and "kill joey" Stuff like this all the way through is not your town play. I've said this in D2 just like I said Seph was scum in D1.

You and Swiss were both pushing for MK cop. Cello WAS calling for a Pichu copping but then again Pichu said he could confirm he was town, he said it loudly, why would any cop bother investigating him? He'd almost surely be confirmed town, or dead very soon.

M.K

Level 55
Zen, you wanna sit here like you've stuffed your case with information. Then you want to advocate for my lynch, when this is pretty much your case on me throughout the bulk of D1: (highlighted in green for emphasis).

Sold: scum.

Live4ever: Swiss, X1

Live: Tiger, Gord, Pichu

Die: Joey, Tan, Pillar, M-K.

Float: M-K Actually that's a waste. Float: Joey
Also lolM-K <3
Cello only requested replacement because he is scum and knows he has no chance in liiving. Things aren't going as smooth for him as he would like. This toppled with the the restriction is just was too much, thus he requested replacement. He wouldn't do this as town, because being town is always fun. Scum is work and not worth all this trouble. Dooms you agree with me?

Chuckie is no longer on the confirmed town list. Need constant reminding for why they are town.

I believe it was X1(yeah?) who described it as so and I'm quite thrilled that he was on that line of thought: The only thing that J giving Gord and Cello restrictions tells us is that they are not scumbuddies. Nothing more. Seph why leave it open that they still could be buddies? It's obvious that they aren't with almost certainty and the fact that you don't see that worries me. I feel you aren't putting a lot of tnought into the game as you do when you are town. First not seeing how Tiger was so scummy, and now this. Step it up dude. I'mma be so pissed if you have us mislynch you.

Zac#445: What happened in Discworld? And what were your questions to Tiger? And why were they important? I like that you're actually keeping up with everything though. But that means you're intentionally playing useless like Pillar which I don't like even if it's to keep a PR conceiled.

Joey#450: Most of the townies? Only 3 people said they liked Gord. How is that anywhere close to most townies?

(#456Continue) K so what you meant was most of the active townies. But uh dude, 1/4 aint "most". 25% =/= +50%. It was still only 3 people. And you're make a big assumption here: That all 3 of them are townies. Any one of them could be scum, they aren't (maybe cello), but why are you not taking that into consideration? If you thought Gord was scum, then it would be natural for you to consider that one of them could be his scumbuddy simply convincing people otherwise. Each of them certainly has enough influence to do so. I understand why you would backdown after Swiss said so simply because Swiss said so, but this is not the reasoning that you give. Instead you say it's because most townies saw him as town so you feel not need to argue, but clearly this line of thought is simply just false and not the way town would think.

btw also @ your #450: What was scummy about the way Tiger was talking before his claim, and how does it differ with how he has been talking since his claim?

Tandora: First off *cuts off arm*. You can keep my hand if you want, but I wont be attached to it. Maybe we can reattach it later, but if Joey flips scum, you will be the main person I like at next probably along with Pillar. I always go back and forth with you in my head. I don't know why you're always so scummy to me, like even when I'm scum. Like in All Stars I really felt it plausible you could be indy. You do some weird stuff lol. If Joey doesn't flip scum though, I'm willing to put you to the side and look more at Cello :D.The main thing I do like about you though is Pichu's #508 and I'm willing to trust their judgement of you for today.

However I have much I'm curious about with you. Why were you interested in testing what would happen if someone didn't make fun of Gorditio in the first place??? What benefit were you seeing in it?

#495: You say Pichu has seen deep into your scum play and probably sees you as scum because of that. But wouldn't them have deep knowledge of your scum play allow them to have a better read of you here, and thus see you as town, knowing that your play here isn't your scum play? Yes they now say you are town, but at the time they hadn't and I want you to explain this line of thought you were in.

Also to get a clear stance, you do not think that Joey is scum, no? Do you not agree with the points that have been made on him? If you do, would you be willing to vote and lynch him today? (lol@askingascumbuddythis)

Another thing, you said in one post that Swiss is town because he told you his town meta outside of a game, but what makes you think he is simply not scum playing to that meta? Anyone who knows the meta people use for them can simply tailor the way they play to fit that meta. I kind of feel you are using this as a back drop for justifying that you are town because of your meta as you have exclaimed. In that same post of saying why you know Swiss is town, you say that you don't really have reads on other players, yet in that same post again you are saying you have a list of who's town but don't want to share. So it's odd that you randomly choose to put in there that Swiss is town and is what leads me to believe you had other intentions for doing so. In fact I can't even recall who you think is scum. I think you've mentioned Seph, who to me is town. Is that it?

Many of your posts have been focused on mechanics/flavor and all that biz and I'm hardly seeing you scum hunt.. For example, you've put so much attention into Tiger's role and character- a role that CANNOT even be easily manipulated for town as it is random. So I hardly see why you are so focused on that. More examples are how you were just talking about me role, talking about the Gaston ability and your post #482 about how most of us are probably vanilla. Speaking of which, what has even drawn you to this conclusion? I don't get why you are so caught up in the set-up/flavor. You've hardly scumhunted yet in your #542 you are saying how we need to just scumhunt...

So please get to me on these things. btw the first part of your #524 almost made me 180 and think you were so town until I read further and saw you were trying to bus/distance yourself from Joey on a farfetched scum tell ~.~

Pillar#475: What is this....? Has he not payed attention to the game at all? He asked me, gord, and Pichu, who given clear stances, what our thoughts were like we hadn't been doing anything before that (though Pich hadn't done much). The only person that really makes sense that he asked is Tandora. Why he chose the other three as opposed to those who had not given stances or been contributing is bewildering. He says that the last 12 pages from that time was worthless and like no scumhunting had gone on when there was plent of material. wtf is this? I feel he just picked 3 townies and threw his scumbuddy in there or something. Cello why do you think they are town???

The end of Cello's number #493 needs to be quoted more.

Pichu: I actually wasn't OMGUSING you. I never called you scum. I didn't even care about you when I told Joey to vote you haha, all I cared about was Joey's response. And he has FAILED. He can still pass if he votes Tandora or Meta-Kirby though.

It's great that you took it as a town tell though. Whatever it takes to get you off my *** haha. btw I agree with your #519 so much.

Swiss: Did you ever show me that reasoning behind Gord? Doesn't matter anymore anyway, I already know you're town. The way you responded to X1 considering I could be indy pretty much sets it. I say for both of you actually, but more for you. lol @ you guys still not being able to read me though after all we've been through. I can't blame you for being weary after castlevanirape though :p

M-K: Maybe I misses it, but if I didn't why did you ignore Swiss on why you think I'm suspicious? Why DO you think I'm suspicious? lol u still mad from FF6 and my amazing ability to read you like a picture book? I'm telling you man we could of had the wolf pack going again if you didn't out my man Seph. I had to take you out after that :3

Anyways it's pretty apparant that you're scum here too. Maybe people will listen to me this time :D
Guys I don't get why you're so caught up in my my inability to vote. It's not a big deal lol. I'll be able to vote when I can. Pichu it's not confusing leave me alone.

Also I lied about M-K being scum. I couldn't help myself.

Now lemme get you straight:

Show how I'm tunneling in anyway. I only made one post saying he was scum yesterday. Flipped on that, saying he was town. And then today again I decided he was scum. How is that tunneling? I didn't even talk about him that much yesterday you troll.
So you want to say that you can "read me like a picture book" (you don't read a picture, by the way) and yet you've changed your view on my playstyle 3 different times throughout the game, mask your flip flopping as "I couldn't help myself", then claim you didn't really talk about me?

Of course you didn't talk about me, because you had nothing relevant to say concerning anything I did.
I really don't know why you want me lynched so badly, but your own attributes during the game prove that you just want my lynch for the numbers game aka scum.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@Swiss

You believe Seph to be scum? Joey's 1138. Chainsaw defense maybe? Check, mate.

Oh, and you 1167 serves no merit. I've b****ed about that same theory, "disagree with Cello, get lynched son", and you tell me time and time again how that's not the case. Why's it the case now mang? You usually know that in cases like these he's anything but serious about it, so why get ya panties in a bunch?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Chainsaw only applies when 1 of the people involved flips scum

If the defender flips scum its a weak scum tell on the defended
If the defended flips scum its a good scum tell on the defender

imo.

#HBC | Gorf

Cool. We'll lynch Seph then and it'll convince you of Joey's chainsaw. I personally see it as a good scum tell either way, but remember, Swiss is assuming that Seph = scum, which is why I brought up the chainsaw. Would you be willing to lynch SephMasa to determine this chainsaw possibility, since

X1 said:
Sephmasa is probably scum

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Do you both even know what a "chainsaw defense" is? It's when you attack someone that is attacking an ally.

#HBC | Gorf

I was attacking Joey's ally Seph.

@X1, you're getting nowhere please move to seph :awesome:.

Alright then I'll wait till later to ask you again.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Anyway, X1, Zen is town. As you said, through rather underhanded means he managed to confirm that he would be punished if he voted. More likely than not, it's a loss of power. Regardless, that would hardly be an initial condition for scum. Show me an example in any game where scum was punished for voting as part of their base ability set. Also, the only "evidence" against SephMasa is that he believed Rockin to be town. So what? I believed InCom/Gova to be town in FF6. It didn't have to be confirmed.

Due to that, the best test for determining SephMasa's alignment isn't through HIS lynch, but through Gova/BSL's. When that slot turns up as scum, then we'll know that there was no way scum-SephMasa would have tried to push away from a townie lynch (Rockin) against a partner.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I was attacking Joey's ally Seph.
He didn't attack YOU. He said that Seph was town. The fact is that you were already on his scum list (for some reason). Anyway, while I would normally say that's not really important at the moment, it actually is. You're looking for whatever reason you can to tie SephMasa to the scum team instead of looking to determine his real alignment. That's called tunneling, and you need to stop it.

Top Bottom