• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia! This is Halloween! Town Wins!!!!!!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Swiss: No, Pichu is definitely scum.

@Pichu: "First off, I can 100% prove I'm town. Just letting cop know that for the final time." and "I can only provide the town tell. I cannot gurantee people's reactions to it." seem to be entirely opposite sentiments. If you can't PROVE your town alignment BEYOND ANY DOUBT, then you need to die toDay.

@TigerWoods: Because telling someone to get in the thread magically makes them do so. Quit making yourself easier for people to be okay with your lynch. That's a general comment on your play, not just here. Anyway, because you won't understand what no comment would mean, you had no effect on me, neither did I receive any pm or notice to that end. Nothing happened.

@All: Before we all forget, Joey needs to die for trying to quickhammer Rockin while saying that he was doing it "because town wanted it". If it wasn't for the fact that Pichu really really really needs death first, I'd be voting for him RIGHT NOW. And I'm disappointed that no one else is, since no one else seems to share my Pichu hate.

Vote Pichu

Pichu, Joey, BSL, UTDZac, and hmm...I dunno. Mentos I guess because he's easy to pick on since he hasn't said anything. Kuz is more likely, offhand. But those first 4 need death.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Cello, how do you feel about Seph now? I'm still got my eye on him. Feel good about a Joey lynch. Wanna know why neither of them were vigged last night (assuming Spears was vigged and not NK) since they were of topic yesterDay.

M.K

Level 55
@Pichu, I really don't understand your line of thinking here. How can you PROVE anything if you can't predict people's reactions to it? That's like saying "There's definitely ball under this cup, but if it turns out to be a piece of bread under the cup, then I didn't just tell you there was a ball there".

Two Pichus One Pic

Smash Rookie
Fine.

I can post my logs. From my POV, there's no way we could have fake them, given that we have around 6-7 days of thought in them.

But given Cello's line of play, I was afraid he's be like ELBORATE PLAN GET THEM PLOX so I doubted the plan of action coming into d2.

Make sense?

M.K

Level 55
Sure. You were playing the whole "might, probably, surely, of course, possibly" roulette of modifiers, but if you have concrete proof, then yeah, I guess it does answer it.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I find Pichu's explanation make sense because frankly how many times have we PROVEN WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT some one is town and there's that one guy (or sometimes two or three) who are like "I still think they're scum"

Heck, look what we did to Rockin if nothing else. =(

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Fine.

I can post my logs. From my POV, there's no way we could have fake them, given that we have around 6-7 days of thought in them.

But given Cello's line of play, I was afraid he's be like ELBORATE PLAN GET THEM PLOX so I doubted the plan of action coming into d2.

Make sense?
When you say post your logs, do you mean you would post your notes on the game? Or would you post your personal chats together?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Didn't we already know that's what they were talking about. And I'm supposedly the slow one.

Why wasn't Pichu copped?

Tan why do you think Pillar's death wasn't by the mafia?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Tanny: SephMasa is town. Nothing will change my mind of that, not even a guilty investigation.

Way I look at it, there are only three likely explanations for the fact that Joey is still alive. Mafia Doctor/Redirector, Serial Killer/2nd mafia that doesn't intend to claim vigilante (sidenote: lynch any vigilante claim unless there is a Night with 3 kills), or PORTION REDACTED. The first two options assume a successful Doc protect. If there is consistently only one kill per Night, I would assume Doc protect-miss and four-man scum team along with an indy.

@Zen: Surely not everyone has shown up so far.

Unvote Vote Joey

Let's just do this. Quicklynch, quicklynch.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
SephMasa said:
Reason? As far as I can tell, your voting me because my Neighbor thought I was town.

And to top it off your still talking about Joey but voting me.
Oh. Everyone knows Joey needs to die. I just think it's gonna take a bit more work convincing town that your death is required.

I'm voting you because of a buncha stuff that was said yesterDay, plus the fact that Rockin flipped town. It makes sense in my head, and if needed, I'll go ahead and explain myself some more.

To summarize, Joey's obvscum, so I don't need to worry about his inevitable death. You aren't coming off as obvscum to some, so I need to show everyone that you ARE scum. Get the picture?

Oh, and Swiss trying to bait BSL into claiming is obvstupid. No, I wouldn't doubt Swiss try'na pull something like that, but sue me for not getting it cuz it's silly.

@BSL what's up mang? Why did you not read during the (EXTENDED) Night phase? You replaced into a game that has 1134 posts at the beginning of D2 and expect to just trololol? Nah mang it don't work out that way.

@Riddle did ya reread up? I'm lookin to hear from ya buddy ol' pal.

@The people who said that if Rockin was scum neighbour then SephMasa is town neighbour (I'm pretty sure Zen was one of em but i dont remember off the top of my head), why is it that Rockin flipped town and SephMasa isn't lookin scummy in your books?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Is it not possible for them both to be town neighbors?

I think we need some evidence before we kill another townie like we did yesterday. The fact that Rockin was a town neighbor just isn't enough.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I thought Swiss was being quite clever.

Gord I dunno y cel thinks Seph is town. Seph you never responded to why tf you trusted Rockin soley because he was your neighbor. You were scum neighbor in ff6 so why wouldn't you think Rockinis scum neighbor?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
@The people who said that if Rockin was scum neighbour then SephMasa is town neighbour (I'm pretty sure Zen was one of em but i dont remember off the top of my head), why is it that Rockin flipped town and SephMasa isn't lookin scummy in your books?
I was responding to this. Not to how he was acting Day 1 (I didn't see him as scummy anyways), or anything else.

My point still stands that I don't think he's scum either way. :p

#HBC | Gorf

^ trufax rite derr.

If you were town, you'd be much more cautious, ESP. with the FF6 thingy. Maybe you know a bit too much?

And no, "trusting your neighbor" isn't enough.

#HBC | Gorf

Gah ninja'd by Joey.

The ^ was at Zen's post.

@Joey

What made him stand out as town (if you're not scum, you're town) to you?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Because I didn't see him as scummy? >_> I really don't have a reason why I saw him as not scummy besides the fact that I didn't find his posts suspicious in any way.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
yo gord, i replaced in on a pretty busy weekend. last weekend of my holiday + new years? get the picture? i didnt start reading until last night, and i had school today. but how do you think i got all the way to page 12 (6 when i asked for a quick recap)?

also, why didnt you mention mentos, the guy who has been in the game the whole time?

#HBC | Gorf

Cuz I forgot about em :p. Lol. And besides, he's given us a at-the-latest time frame for when he'll be recapping, and he was looking for flips to look back on so that they're fresh in his mind. But if he doesn't post by tomorrow imma bust a cap.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
BSL is simply trying to spread blame, needlessly and without basis. If he had bothered to read the beginning, well, at ALL, then he'd know that Mentos COULDN'T speak.

Anyway, let's lynch BSL. That should clear TigerWoods and SephMasa. TigerWoods because when BSL flips scum, they wouldn't be partners or else BSL wouldn't have said his silliness in #1146, and SephMasa because there would be no way he'd choose to try to bus his partner before his town "partner".

Unvote Vote BSL

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
lawl, well, im workin on it. cant give you a specific time, because im a big time procrastinator, and because i dont know how long it would take me anyway.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
BSL is simply trying to spread blame, needlessly and without basis. If he had bothered to read the beginning, well, at ALL, then he'd know that Mentos COULDN'T speak.

Anyway, let's lynch BSL. That should clear TigerWoods and SephMasa. TigerWoods because when BSL flips scum, they wouldn't be partners or else BSL wouldn't have said his silliness in #1146, and SephMasa because there would be no way he'd choose to try to bus his partner before his town "partner".

Unvote Vote BSL
i was pointing out that he was also reading the game. not that he hadnt posted. gord wasnt on me for not posting, he wanted me to finish reading. you wouldve noticed if you had read his post. :psycho:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Cello. What. Are. You. Doing.

You're going to end up getting another townie lynched. Seriously. This really has to stop. Stop voting. Think about what you're going to do. A lot. You have 6 days to decide on a lynch target. 6. Stop saying "lets lynch" and ask questions.

BSL, When you're finished reading day 1, may you give us your views on who you think is scummy? Based on your read of Day 1, would you agree on the fact that rockin was a good lynch information wise? You don't have to answer these questions until you finish reading Day 1. (Actually, I would perfer if you didn't answer until then.) This would be wonderful information! Thank you!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
nah, its fine, joey. cello puts pressure on people, and it can get some info.

choosing me to do it isnt a very good idea, since i dont know much about what has happened so far in the game, but his playstyle is fine, IMO.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Oh. Everyone knows Joey needs to die. I just think it's gonna take a bit more work convincing town that your death is required.

I'm voting you because of a buncha stuff that was said yesterDay, plus the fact that Rockin flipped town. It makes sense in my head, and if needed, I'll go ahead and explain myself some more.

To summarize, Joey's obvscum, so I don't need to worry about his inevitable death. You aren't coming off as obvscum to some, so I need to show everyone that you ARE scum. Get the picture?
Why don't you build a case on me, and not just say "because of a buncha stuff". It's like your pushing for a lynch by putting out the least amount of effort possible.

Gord I dunno y cel thinks Seph is town. Seph you never responded to why tf you trusted Rockin soley because he was your neighbor. You were scum neighbor in ff6 so why wouldn't you think Rockinis scum neighbor?
I did consider the possibility of him being scum, I'm not stupid. I never got the feeling that Rockin was scum, by the way he posted in the thread and the way he talked to me in the QT. He didn't give off the impression that he had to prove to me that he was town. Which to me is a town tell. But at the time when I asked if I should hold your hand or not, it was towards the beginning of the game. Which brings me to the biggest reason why I trusted him. It's because I had his character name mod confirmed in my role PM. You could call that a bad move by acting on flavor, but to me it was a good move.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Didn't we already know that's what they were talking about. And I'm supposedly the slow one.

Why wasn't Pichu copped?

Tan why do you think Pillar's death wasn't by the mafia?
I find it interesting that you KNOW that Pichu wasn't copped. Hmmm....

Because I didn't see him as obvtown. The hydra had posted 12 times and Abrum posted once, not exactly mindblowing information there. I guess if you look at the "who posted" thread, all the active players still look either scummy or Cello (>scum could hide under his radar).

By my read, he initiated the lynch against Rockin. Gave some really good reasons for the lynch despite being wrong, but I would have seen that as a good reason to throw suspicion on him today.

IF Spear's death was via mafia, then I think it would be more of someone who fears the players rather than the actual game play. I've seen plenty of games where the player's rep got him killed more than his actual participation.

I noticed that Spears suspected me in a couple of his posts. He even voted one me at one point. It makes me look bad, but honestly if I had been scum, I would have offed Zen first.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I stopped half way through and deleted it because I thought I was going to die lol.

Scum:
Cello
Gord
Tiger
Sold2(Sowwy Kuz)
UTDZac

Town:
Pichus
Tandora
X1
Swiss

everyone else is a null read. This basicly summarized it. I'll give reasonings later if I'm not quicklynched by cello. -insert playstyle hate here-

Riddle

Smash Lord
I'm not quite finished yet with my reread. My real life is quite busy so I should be done by thursday or friday hopefully?

Top Bottom