• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia! This is Halloween! Town Wins!!!!!!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha nope, 530 AM=approximately 6.5 hours from now :D

I had a couple things I wanted to say before I left, but I decided nothing really important enough to bother with right now. I hope everyone's had something to say by the time that I get back, and I should have a bit better tomorrow.

One thing though, there should be a roleblocked claim. Tando claimed she was when BSL tracked her, so someone shoulda been targeted last night. Claiming so could help us, so let us know!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
That was fast. M-K sucks. *Sows (sp) arm back on and hopes Tanny will forgive him*.

-Glyph, Mentos, Swiss

-Gordito/Cello

are my scummiest reads. I think Swiss should claim since he essentially called himself SK. And dependIng, we should lynch Swiss or Mentos. More later. I only skimmed the posts made today. Tanny you should really join hands with me. I'm sorry for ever doubting you :c

btw too many town in the game.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Zen you are, as always, mind numbingly slow. Also what happened to your scum read on X1? Also why would you suggest I claim so early in the day? Also what about Mentos is scummy - your own words por favor. If I were SK it is likely there would have been two deaths at least one night. Unless I can predict the future with amazing accuracy, and decided to not play as vig.

MK is scum, and a douche.

Starting with MK's #1808 - Straight off the bat MK starts ripping into TW. Why? The way he claimed and what he claimed make him AUTO town. He proved he wasn't scum or indie through the N2 actions.

Notice the difference between how Kuz and MK approach the situation - Kuz questions TW, he is unsure of how TW's role works (as a replacement in this could be) and wants to know why he chose Gord, for example. MK on the other hand, not being a replacement, and as such already knowing TW's full role uses this as an opportunity to cast doubt on TW. He does not question TW neutrally as Kuz does, he adopts an accusatory tone

So what do you think he is, then? Because if you didn't know what would happen if you gave him the present, than you wouldn't know if giving him was a benefit or a hindrance.

Reactions to what? If you didn't know what was going to happen when you gave him the present, why take that risk?
Why risk it at all? You're right; you don't have a good target. If you have no idea what the present did, then why did you risk removing a townie/killing a townie/doing harm to them, assuming you thought Gord was town.
In fact, all we see here is MK pressuring TW based purely because of his night action - he questions both the legitimacy of TW's role AND his choices of what to do. A townie could reasonably pressure one of these - but to have done what MK did requires you to have one goal, not information about TW but instead discrediting TW. This is further built upon by the fact that AFTER this clash, where MK gives no indication TW has answered his 'questions' sufficiently, he doesn't even vote. What does this do? It completely destroys MK's inevitable claim of 'pressure'.

Also, to spell it out for you guys, the ability to remove a player from the game can be useful.

You never mentioned that you were FORCED to leave presents. Are you forced? And where are you pulling that 50/50 statistic? Unless you're informed of this, your presents may have either entirely beneficial or (as we might have learned) entirely deleterious effects.

It removed mentos from the game, and now it removed the 3 players. Does it only remove players from the game? That doesn't seem useful.
Actually, he did. Watch MK riding Kuz' lack of knowledge, if a townie thinks it, so can he.

As soon as Mentos graces us with the first decent post of the day #1838 MK vanishes. His work is done. He's set up a back up lynch that town could jump on later. After all we're 'uncertain' about TW, aren't we?

Vote MK

Mentos what do you think about Zen, Cello and MK?

Zen why is Gord almost a scum read for you? What direct actions have led you to this conclusion - consider that people that can read him exceptionally well all agree he is town, why has this not changed your opinion?

Tan raised a good point in #1802. Why was no-one made fun of yesterDay? Remember any night actions you had.

What do people think of the letter stating Riddle should die? Who thinks we should do as the letter says?

One more for the mod Vote MK

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Haha nope, 530 AM=approximately 6.5 hours from now :D

I had a couple things I wanted to say before I left, but I decided nothing really important enough to bother with right now. I hope everyone's had something to say by the time that I get back, and I should have a bit better tomorrow.

One thing though, there should be a roleblocked claim. Tando claimed she was when BSL tracked her, so someone shoulda been targeted last night. Claiming so could help us, so let us know!
I don't recall saying I was roleblocked. In fact, BSL never tracked me, he tracked Pichu who visited me. The only discussion of being roleblocked was that BSL may have been since he "attempted" to track Pichu.

So either you're very, very badly mistaken/skimming or you were trying to trick me into claiming a PR. :glare:

In unrelated news, I would be for a MK lynch.

VOTE METAKIRBY

X1-12

Smash Champion
Actually BSL said his report was that "Pichu attempted to visit Tandora" and Pichu claimed that they were roleblocked D1.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hogwash.

Swiss I only read like the first part of your post. x1 is still scummy, but outside events give me better understanding of his play.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Does anyone know when the three players are 'meant' to have gone/comeback.

Will any night actions last night have gone through? Will they be able to send night actions toNight?

Someone asked before but I don't recall the answer.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oops, almost forgot, MK is terrible and should just give up while he's ahead!
I know this was a joke - but in what way is he 'ahead'?

Riddle, surely you have more to add than "Three people incapacitated is pretty serious."

I await your post with substance and stances. That was your only contribution toDay.

@ Tan - after you've answered my other questions, spell out to me who else you think is scummy.

1.) th3kuzinator [0]
2.) Tandora [0]
3.) TigerWoods [0]
4.) X1-12 [0]
5.) Swiss [0]
6.) Riddle [0]
7.) Two Pichus One Pic [0]
8.) Meta-Kirby [0]
9.) MentosMan8 [0]
10.) Zen [0]
11.) Sephiroths Masumune [0]

Seph - who's your top lynch pick toDay? What do you think about the inevitable MK lynch?

Pichu were you roleblocked or did your action go through?

Goddamn it feels good knowing Cello isn't here. Let's do some damage toDay.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Seph, what do you think about the constant back and forth between yourself and X1? Has this been productive? Apart from this - what key things have you offered town? What main actions have you taken this game?

Is X1 still a scum read?

If yes - why have you failed to push him with any real fervour? Will you be doing so toDay? Also create a concise case.

If no - why have you wasted time bickering about who 'is right'? Surely town do not care who is 'right' in trivial arguments. Do you intend to continue such play toDay? Does it depend on what X1 does?

What do you think about X1's reasoning for finding you scummy? Do you realise you have posted just five more times than the mod? Could you be accused of lurking? If you were to flip scum would X1 be cleared off the flip?

X1 - Seph after MK?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Cello_Marl 346
Zεη 230
Gordito 195
Swiss 172
X1-12 134
-Joey- 115
Two Pichus One Pic 102
TigerWoods 89
Tandora 78
Rockin 56
Seph 53
Meta-Kirby 53
BSL 52
J 48 MOD LINE
mentosman8 21
th3kuzinator 16
Glyph 14

X1-12

Smash Champion
eh ok.

Tan saying WTF 3 have gone!!11 at Day start almost translates into "omg that sucks" tell but its weak. I still think Tiger is town because no-one is pro enough to fake that idiocy. I don't really see how attacking someone in an accusatory tone is really bad, I do it all the time for pressure, tbh I find it more off that he is acting as though losing Cello/Glyph/Gboy for a Day is a bad thing, lol. I see that pressuring Tiger was dumb but for MK he's far from what I'd call the inevitable lynch.

I also think anyone going on at Swiss for this SK shenanigans is just and idiot. Also I think Swiss is dumb for saying the ability to remove a player from the game is useful, when actually instead of removing 1 player we removed 3, only 1 of whom was the intended target. May as well concur that it is indeed true that Gboy is town. since I'm posting

@Swiss: You called Mentos scum yesterDay I'm sure, why do you have to get Zen to tell you why he's scum? Either way I don't see scumtos at all

wrt seph: I know I'm probably known for clinging onto ideas from ages ago, but still I really don't like the wishy-washyness of seph early game, and its not as though he has acted in a way which has changed my opinion. imo Seph was scummy D1 and Nullish since then so yeah, I'd take a Seph Lynch

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Tan is town. Just sayin

Vote MetaKirby

Its funny, Swiss, I was thinking the exact same thing that you pointed out as he was piggybacking me.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
1.) th3kuzinator [0] From what I've seen he's town. I know my aim maf kuz, so let me see if I know my forum maf kuz.
2.) Tandora [0] I still don't know about her. I'll probably do a re-read on her later.
3.) TigerWoods [0] He's been gone for most of D1 and D2. I think I only remember him during the beginning and ending of days. I also think that he's either an indy or an anti-town role, which I think needs to go at some point.
4.) X1-12 [0] His stances on me have been dumb, at least imo. And even when I try to explain myself he dismisses it. Hard Tunneler imo.
5.) Swiss [0] I don't like how all game you've been trying convince others that Gord is Town. Either he is town and your scum, and your attaching yourself to him. Or your scum and he's scum and your trying to get town to stop looking at Gord.
6.) Riddle [0] Needs more looking into, and the message doesn't sit well with me. I propose that we follow the message at least once and see where it takes us. If it turns out that it was wrong, we can stop listening to it, and if it turns out we catch scum by it, we should go back and read more into them.
7.) Two Pichus One Pic [0] I'm not getting a scum read out of them.
8.) Meta-Kirby [0] If he should flip scum at some point, lynch Tiger.
9.) MentosMan8 [0] The only reason why is because on D1, the present chased him out of town saying "GUILTY".
10.) Zen [0] I've agreed on most of the things he's said.

Seph - who's your top lynch pick toDay? What do you think about the inevitable MK lynch?
Riddle is my choice, but this is all based off the message and his inactivity.

Seph, what do you think about the constant back and forth between yourself and X1? Has this been productive? Apart from this - what key things have you offered town? What main actions have you taken this game?
Main actions would probably be that case on MK that I did D1.

Is X1 still a scum read?
I wouldn't say I have a scum read on him, I just don't like what he's posted so far. I consider him Null.

If no - why have you wasted time bickering about who 'is right'? Surely town do not care who is 'right' in trivial arguments. Do you intend to continue such play toDay? Does it depend on what X1 does?
I choose to defend myself, that's all I can say to the "wasted time bickering". I'll continue to defend myself if necessary, not just against X1.

What do you think about X1's reasoning for finding you scummy? Do you realise you have posted just five more times than the mod? Could you be accused of lurking? If you were to flip scum would X1 be cleared off the flip?[/QUOTE]

Iirc his only reason for wanting my lynch is because I was "Wishy washy." Which I've explained to him many times. I didn't realize that, I wouldn't call me a lurker, just someone who needs to step it up. That last question is dumb.

MK isn't as cool as Tery, no matter what he believes.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Why are people ignoring the letter/message?

Kuz, what do you think about it?

Same @ everyone.
I won't lie, I tend to skim mod OP for the day except for who died. I'll have to read the letter in full later.

If you insist on the letter being meaningful, don't forget the one we got on D1 said to not trust Sir Swiss.

Assuming these letters are "written" by scum, could these indicate people who are town that they want us to distrust?

At work, so cannot do detailed review. Will try for tonight.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Swiss its pretty hard to discern what action should be taken upon riddle when we have two messages with contrasting information concerning his alignment.

My Town Reads so Far:
Tanny
Pichu
Zen
Seph
Swiss

Would be okay with lynching anyone else. Meta Kirby is looking mighty fine right now.

Swiss

Smash Lord
5.) Swiss [0] I don't like how all game you've been trying convince others that Gord is Town. Either he is town and your scum, and your attaching yourself to him. Or your scum and he's scum and your trying to get town to stop looking at Gord.
Why can I not be town with a good read?

Why, if I am scum in both possible situations, am I yellow not red?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Why did you skip those not currently in play?
I only did those who were in your post that I quoted from.

Why can I not be town with a good read?

Why, if I am scum in both possible situations, am I yellow not red?
Because other than that I have a town read. I would rather have the others lynched before you.

Reasoning for this would be ace.
Lool. I totally skipped over that...

Uh. Wat. lol
I swear people be skimming. If really don't want to go back to D1 to bring up my old post, but if I have to I will.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Seph would you rather lynch MK or risk it for a chocolate biscuit with the letter?
Don't get me wrong, an MK lynch would be fine, I just think we should consider a Riddle lynch.

Vote Riddle

Actually seph pull that up lol.

I still have no idea what you're talking about.
I can't believe you don't remember this Tiger

Sephiroths Masamune said:
Because of this.

Meta-Kirby said:
TigerWoods and his mistress Claim

Tiger's claim is highly interesting. I myself have never seen this movie, and I'm not particularly putting emphasis on flavor. However, I'm highly more interested in those adamantly demanding Tiger use his ability on himself. However, these same individuals are also not tackling him as so scummy, as I saw the majority of the pressure BEFORE the...claim, albeit a premature claim.
I'm not one for assumptions, but if you're adamantly demanding that he use his present on himself, then not attack him as a scum member, then you're obviously contradicting the nature of the player vs. the nature of the present.

Let's think for a second here and anaylze a few key ....scenarios:
Tiger is scum, his presents are in scum's favor:
-Using the present on himself gives him more powers
-Using the present on others = ??????

Tiger is town, his present's are in town's favor:
-Using the presents on himself gives him ...? More powers? We're not sure here.
-Using the presents on others gives the possibility of giving scum an advatnage.

Tiger's Alignment not Factored in, Present's are favorable to those who receive them.
-Using the present on himself is a canceling-out null tell.
-Using the present on others is a risk. As scum, he'd never do this. As town, it'd be a risky chance trying to select town from scum

Tiger's aligment not factored in, present's may be favorable or detrimental to those who receive them:
-Using the present on himself = Tiger's chance of being inhibited.
-Using the present on others = Tiger's chance of inhibiting others

I believe I've tackled most scenarios. I don't see town doing this, but I'd like you to evaluate from all possible scenarios BEFORE making assumptions that presents are inherently detrimental/beneficial.

Now what can we take from this? Ugh, you know, all this work and I'm still at a crosswords. What I do notice, however, is that the chance of Tiger hurting himself/helping himself and hurting others/helping others is....even, or for the information we have, points to being even.
Tiger.....should use a present. It's more important to see what these presents may DO then to take the chance and lynch a helpful-looking-ish townie. It also doesn't hurt that I get a general townie vibe from him. Kinda...like...purehearted. I dunno how to describe it.
Using it on himself? Basically a self-guinea pig, I presume. Well, that's a chance he'd have to take on his own. IMO, there should be more information that he's withholding...but I'm not inclined to pressure him at the moment for that information and to distract town from scumhunting with hypothetical situations.
That's weird, I don't recall ANYONE mentioning that Tiger's actions involved presents. Nice scum slip.

I would like everyone to lynch Tiger today, and if he flips scum, lynch MK and if he doesn't consider MK a Null read.

Reason why we should lynch Tiger before MK: because Tiger has unknown capabilities, his abilities could strengthen scum or harm town. If Tiger does flip scum, that doesn't discount Macman either, for all we know they could have tired to give Macman an ability.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Seph said:
Riddle is my choice, but this is all based off the message and his inactivity.
Oh my god are you serious? I finished my 37 page read like 5 hours before the day ended yesterday but did post in that time and I've posted again today. You can't call me out for activity yet. And thats the best case you can build on D3? Seriously? That message is not indicative of my allignment at all, btw, I'm town. Seph then goes on to NOT vote me, even though I'm his TOP SCUM PICK. And his only other scum pick is MK who is somebody with major suspicion today from everyone else. He doesn't even add anything new, he just says to lynch TW if MK flips scum, which makes absolutely no sense to me, because TW is basically auto-town.

Vote: Seph

@Swiss...better?

Top Bottom