• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia! This is Halloween! Town Wins!!!!!!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't recall saying I was roleblocked. In fact, BSL never tracked me, he tracked Pichu who visited me. The only discussion of being roleblocked was that BSL may have been since he "attempted" to track Pichu.
Just got home from work and kinda skimmed till I have a chance to really read, but *facepalm*. I mixed up the target and the targeter in my head since I kinda made that post rushed before bed. Regardless, I'm interested how you came to a conclusion that I was trying to trick you into a pr? Roleblocks in most games, especially one in which the mod makes a point of ambiguity, will be notified regardless of alignment. The only reason I brought that up was suggesting anyone who was roleblocked should claim, which I'm interested in. In no way, shape, or form, can asking someone who was notified of being roleblocked to claim they have been such out a pr, so it is an odd accusation to make.

Not to mention the fact that my mistake was an in passing reference to something that had no significance on the point I was making, so taking it as seriously as you seemed to seems kind of odd.

Anyway, after I finish lunch and some errands I'll be back to read up and give some full comments, but I noticed Tando's response to this and felt like responding sooner than later.

M.K

Level 55
**Before ANYTHING else, I'd like to iterate that it is a very bad idea to lynch me. If you're willing to skip the entire case after this, I WANT you to know this.

MK is scum, and a douche.

Starting with MK's #1808 - Straight off the bat MK starts ripping into TW. Why? The way he claimed and what he claimed make him AUTO town. He proved he wasn't scum or indie through the N2 actions.
I'm clearly not informed about how these actions make Tiger auto town? I mean, he's taken 3 people out of the game. I'll address the action ITSELF later, but I'm just trying to get more information and perhaps figure out WHY 3 people were targeted now instead of one.

Notice the difference between how Kuz and MK approach the situation - Kuz questions TW, he is unsure of how TW's role works (as a replacement in this could be) and wants to know why he chose Gord, for example. MK on the other hand, not being a replacement, and as such already knowing TW's full role uses this as an opportunity to cast doubt on TW. He does not question TW neutrally as Kuz does, he adopts an accusatory tone
While I may not be a replacement, I was V/LA for a majority of D1. Though this doesn't excuse me from missing that vital info, I suppose it attributes to me having to go through 10+ pages at once.
What transformed my tone was the fact that Tiger goes "well you guys are reading too much into it lol", and thats when I got pretty ...eh, not ANGRY, but like....I was slightly annoyed, because he acted like his action was perfectly okay, when we know its not. The three people he took out WERE people in question and their input is vital. Who knows, he could've saved a scum from today's lynch for all we know.

In fact, all we see here is MK pressuring TW based purely because of his night action - he questions both the legitimacy of TW's role AND his choices of what to do. A townie could reasonably pressure one of these - but to have done what MK did requires you to have one goal, not information about TW but instead discrediting TW. This is further built upon by the fact that AFTER this clash, where MK gives no indication TW has answered his 'questions' sufficiently, he doesn't even vote. What does this do? It completely destroys MK's inevitable claim of 'pressure'.
I'm gonna start changing this aspect of my game because it ALWAYS comes up in every game T__T.
I seriously don't use my vote that often for pressure. For one, I think it transforms the idea of "lets get info' into "why are you voting for me omg not fair". It brings an emotional tinge or....kinda blackmailing feature into the game, that I'm not entirely comfortable with myself. I KNOW its supposed to help, but I don't use it that often.

Also, to spell it out for you guys, the ability to remove a player from the game can be useful.
Okay? It can also be detrimental.
But its WIFOM. Neither of us gets anywhere with this argument.

Actually, he did. Watch MK riding Kuz' lack of knowledge, if a townie thinks it, so can he.
The posts in question are within minutes of each other. That back and forth between Kuz/Myself/Tiger was all a bunch of ninja'ing.

As soon as Mentos graces us with the first decent post of the day #1838 MK vanishes. His work is done. He's set up a back up lynch that town could jump on later. After all we're 'uncertain' about TW, aren't we?
I went to sleep. ._.;; I have school.

I'm at L-1. I'm going to claim, before someone does something stupid when I'm at L-1
As I said before, I am Undersea Gal, and I'm the Town Beloved Princess. If I'm lynched, the next Day is skipped entirely, although both the nights take place as normal (like, if I'm lynched today, it'll go N3-->N4--->D5). AKA lynching me = really really bad for town. It's why I've placed so much emphasis on defense this game. I'm like...scared of being lynched >_>;;

It's hard to play in a role like this, but I assure you that lynching me now would be HIGHLY detrimental to town.
I'm completely open to questions, and PLEASE ask them. If you're still set on lynching me, tell me WHY and I want to address them. Please trust me on this one, it's seriously vital.

M.K

Level 55
And for what it's worth - you misused the term WIFOM.

How well acquainted will Oddworld are you?
Eh, you know what I meant.
Didn't necessarily READ the entire Oddworld, but I saw what happened and how Mayling tried to claim it as a Mafia member. You must understand WHY this puts me in a bad position with you especially, of course. I dunno if you put her up to the claim of Princess, but obviously you'd have some doubt anyways once I claimed, which....well, I didn't know how to bypass (if I could at all do that).

So you'll just have to trust me. Judging by your tone, I assume its not something your willing to do?

Swiss

Smash Lord
I was against the claim - she should have bussed me and won. But that's irrelevant right now.

So we know you gleaned your knowledge of Oddworld comes from brief reading? What else do you remember about it? What did Summoner claim? And Cello, and me. Also tell me everyone else's role.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mentos what do you think about Zen, Cello and MK?
This whole post was pretty decent, but I'll stick to what was directed at me to respond to.

Zen: I've said it before, I'll say it again: One of my shakiest reads in the game. I can't get a good handle on him. I'd also like to say since I realized this overnight: If Zen is allowed to hammer, J's response to his "no punishment?" post was legitimately non-informative as I thought. He could hammer anyway so his vote was no risk. Really unsure here.

Cello: I've felt him as town, and am sticking by that for now. Still keeping an eye on him though, I know I've misread him before big time(dgames), so can't afford to let him slip outta my attention.

MK: Your post pretty much summed up how I felt on him. Don't really feel him as town at the moment. His recent claim is making me second-thought to ensure I feel correct, but it's almost as overused as the fool/jester gambit so I don't know how much to trust it.

Does anyone know when the three players are 'meant' to have gone/comeback.

Will any night actions last night have gone through? Will they be able to send night actions toNight?

Someone asked before but I don't recall the answer.
Night actions from last night will have gone through, no night actions for this night(J specifically told me that I was banished start D1 through Start D2

I know this was a joke - but in what way is he 'ahead'?

You got it in the first part, entirely a joke. To fill it in a bit to make the intent of the phrase more clear, "MK is terrible, and should quit before he makes this even more obvious." The "he's ahead" was reference to him becoming more terrible in the context.

Incidentally I realized my plan for having the roleblocked claim was extremely flawed. They still should, since scum knows who it is anyway, but my plan was that if we got another roleblock claim, it would make Tando's story more believable, and if no one was roleblocked the following night the roleblocker would be one of the 3 banished people due to not having a night action. I've since found a lot of flaws with this, but meh, still worth the claim.

I agree with Swiss that Pichu better have a really good reason for wanting me lynched today, it's not like I'm going to let it happen either way, but I'm still interested what they have to say.

Oh, and, someone unvote while we consider Mk's claim, it's just all around safer given the claim.

M.K

Level 55
I was against the claim - she should have bussed me and won. But that's irrelevant right now.

So we know you gleaned your knowledge of Oddworld comes from brief reading? What else do you remember about it? What did Summoner claim? And Cello, and me. Also tell me everyone else's role.
You, Mayling and Joan were the scum team. Mayling was Traitor, you were Ninja, and Joan was Watcher. You claimed Cop waaaay early in D1.
Summoner was a Doctor, but I don't remember what he claimed during the game? Did he even claim? I don't remember, nonetheless.
J was a cop, Nich/EP were indies, the rest were VTs.

May be forgetting some, but I gleaned over it between D1/D2.

M.K

Level 55
I came back from V/LA late D1-->Early N1. Decided to investigate my role and see how people played it in the past and how to BE cautious about the delicate nature of it. Went from the bottom up in the DGames Archive searching "Beloved Princess", "Beloved", and "Princess" on each game. Oddworld was the first successful search result that I came to, so I decided to glance over the game in my spare time.

M.K

Level 55
even after knowing the Princess claim was a last minute scum gambit?
I didn't know it was a scum gambit until I got to that part in the game. I don't look at roles in game rereads (just helps keep my mind sharp, see if I can guess along like I was playing) and I started at the beginning and got to the end and probably literally made the >_> face.

M.K

Level 55
In fact, most games that I GOT search results on had the EXACT same results, like TMNT 2 Mafia where Mayling basically said she could've claimed Princess to save herself, mentioning that one after the game was over.
AKA, I was ****ed.
AKA I was scared of claiming.

M.K

Level 55
OK search Oddworld for posts containing "Princess" You get this post, just like that with the highlights.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11339412&highlight=princess#post11339412

You didn't know until you got to the end that princess was a scum gambit?
Um, no, you don't get that post. You get snippets of all the posts with the word in it. That's the first game on the list I saw snippets AT ALL, so I READ the game from start to finish.

A
You are clearly scum, and a bad liar to top it off.

Which one of the Oddworld players is your buddy?
Okay, so you don't trust me. -_________-
What do I have to do to convince you? Of course it's hard to trust someone but when you're actually given the role thats notorious for being fake, than it sucks. Give me some leeway here.

X1-12

Smash Champion
22) You may not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen]. These will be edited out by the Game Moderator immediately.
@Mod: Request Meta-Kirby Modkill

X1-12

Smash Champion
Did you read the entirety of Allstars, D&D, FF6 and Villains first? They all also had posts containing "princess".

If you had searched "beloved princess" or "beloved" you'd not get oddworld at all.

M.K

Level 55
It says I'm (but as "You are") a denizen of Halloween Town, and I love to lounge in my pool. Although I'm not a pretty girl, I love make up and spending time with the Witches.

>_> I'm a pretty girl >_>

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ MK - Actually, it does.

However if you wish to edit out the pic and get modkilled that way? Anyway, this saves us from the Princess death punishment - so I'd be grateful you damaged town as little as possible before you die.

Top Bottom