• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia! This is Halloween! Town Wins!!!!!!

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
@X1: If it means that they could come back the following Day, I'm not immune to the idea. If Tiger was telling the truth, then there is the possibility that this situation could never happen.

I don't recall ever asking MK to be copped.

Two Pichus One Pic

Smash Rookie
Could have sworn Swiss made a vig softclaim on D2, when Cello was making the SK accusations whatever.

If Swiss is not vig I have absolutely no problems with him.

Swiss

Smash Lord
@Swiss: Am I easily influenced by buddying? (serious question) Also how confident are you really on your Chuckie read? I guess I can accept your ability to read them but off so few posts?
I don't know.

Also are you aware Riddle replaced Chuckie? You are. Why ask this question? Riddle is in no way clear.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I want everyone to look at this list MK posted. Based on his playstyle, what are the odds of any of the strikethrough people being scum? He was going for inactives, right?

Also, based on how hard he pushed for a wagon for Gboy and Seph, I think that helps confirm they're town. Neither of them were anywhere near a lynch so he had no reason to bus them.

Let's face the facts here.

1.) Sold2 th3kuzinatior replaced D1
2.) Tandora
3.) TigerWoods
4.) Gova BSL replaced D1
5.) X1-12
6.) Swiss
7.) Chuckie (Vanderzant/Kataefi hydra) Riddle replaced D1
8.) Two Pichus One Pic (Mayling/Delvro hydra)
10.) Meta-Kirby
11.) GorditoBoy69
12.) Cello_Marl
13.) MentosMan8
14.) Zen
15.) UTDZac Glyph replaced D2
18.) Sephirothis Masumune

Out of the above list, how many SERIOUSLY ACTIVELY participated one way or another before the lynch.

1.) Sold2 th3kuzinatior replaced D1
2.) Tandora
3.) TigerWoods
4.) Gova BSL replaced D1
5.) X1-12
6.) Swiss
7.) Chuckie (Vanderzant/Kataefi hydra) Riddle replaced D1
10.) Meta-Kirby
11.) GorditoBoy69
12.) Cello_Marl
13.) MentosMan8
14.) Zen
15.) UTDZac Glyph replaced D2
18.) Sephirothis Masumune

Now tell me why the **** we are jumping down each other's throat over petty bull****, but we forget about these strikethrough people? Of course its a WIFOM-filled matter, but people are allowing themselves to be sucked into this....its not even about teh info anymore. I HIGHLY doubt that ALL the people I crossed off are scum, or it may be that that scum even exists in these people so why then are we allowing these people to scoot by WITHOUT inputting into the game?

If replacements are needed, GET THEM. It's essential we have MORE voices. This is WHY we cannot garner and better lynch support, bar the fact that it was proposed so close to deadline, its the fact that so many individuals aren't even inputting into the game.

Yes, I get it, reread johns, but SERIOUSLY. If anyone is still "rereading" on D3 I'm going to shoot someone with a crossbow.
After removing people who have died and myself (because you know I'll never impliment myself in a case), we have this list:

5.) X1-12
6.) Swiss
12.) Cello_Marl
13.) MentosMan8
14.) Zen

Let's assume X1 and Swiss's call for Modkill was legit, so remove them.
We cannot target Cello, so for now let's remove him.

That leave's Pichu, Mentos, and Zen.

Frankly, Pichu has been on the ball for not lynching people. They tried their best to stop the Joey lynch and iirc they did not participate in the Rockin lynch. So remove them.

That leaves Zen and Mentos.

Zen I"m willing to give a benefit of a doubt for now. I think his hammer attempts were a bit skeezy, but he honestly could have been worried about a NL. He easily could have hammered MK yesterday if Zen was scum to help prevent the Modkill, but he didn't.

So, by elimination, that leaves Mentos.

VOTE EARLY VOTE OFTEN!

Two Pichus One Pic

Smash Rookie
^Yeah what she said!

Tandora, I hope this doesn't change your vote but I actually was on the Rockin wagon pretty hard.

Since MK modkill has given me hope of town winning the game I might make an additional actual case on Mentos, later. It's gonna be huge and a lot of work and I don't want to do it, but if it makes Mentos die then I will. And yes, it will be minus a roleclaim. Sorry, folks.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Vote Riddle

If they won't even respond to me I'm ignoring Pichu. I support a Pichu lynch toMorrow. Good vig target. Ignore Mentos.

Lynch Riddle. Could be persuaded towards indie Seph, indie Riddle looks very likely. I think scum may well be behind the letters.

Two scum teams seems plausible to me right now.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
But swiss, Mentos is a much better lynch for toDay.

Flavor messages like that are usually there to confuse town, unless we have a pro-town role sending them, which I highly doubt. Probably the work of an indy and thus I would rather save riddle for tomorrow because the indy probably does not know Riddle's alignment and is thus just scapegoating him.

Mentos is a better play because, through my own process of elimination, he the only scum left (besides a possible riddle and TW, but I would risk having them around longer). Unless x1 busses like a mofo, there is only mentos left that has a good % chance of popping scum. I am the teacosy, swiss, warm up your nice beverage and drink to it down while thinking about what I have said.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
doubt it. Probably indies who dont know the alignment of riddle and are thus possibly sacking scum. All the better for town, though, but I would rather risk mentos over riddle.

Mentos
Riddle
TW

all need to die eventually

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lul oh god it's going to be fun to respond to this after work XD Sadly I don't have enough time now, but I'm seriously laughing at people "omg Mentos is the only possibility for scum left!" Way too confident in your reads for me to shoot them down folks, look elsewhere :D

X1-12

Smash Champion
I think Tan saying "because MK attack Gboy and Seph they must be town" is dumb as ****. As is saying that MK wouldn't strikethrough his scumbuddies? It distracts attention from them

I don't know.

Also are you aware Riddle replaced Chuckie? You are. Why ask this question? Riddle is in no way clear.
The way you were acting made it look like you thought riddle was town based on chuckie's actions. I was just questioning this cause I don't really buy your read on chuckie back then, and I'm not seeing enough from Riddle to consider him town rn

@Kuz: Explain why riddle or Tiger are a better play for toMorrow in particular, then explain why they should be plays at all. Also explain what changed your mind on Riddle between #2007 and #2012

I've thought about it and I'm pretty confident its only 1 mafia faction btw.

Swiss

Smash Lord
You didn't see my suspicions of Riddle growing after he made his recent posts? He was on my town list, but nowhere near it now.

Why one mafia faction? Two starts to make more sense to me.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Please someone check this with me, Claimed Roles:

Tiger: Magical present man
Pichu: PR of some kind, who was roleblocked N1
Zen: Actor (Behemoth)

I'm not asking for more claims but have there been any more than that?

@Swiss I'll explore 2 maf factions but if there are, as Cello said its likely 2 man with a kill and 3 man without. But that is basically the Jungle Republic set-up and that is a 12 man game, this is 18, I mean I understand there are more PRs but even then it doesn't make up for 6 extra players, even if you throw in an indy thats still pretty pro-town. Also wrt indy if they have a NK then there is a really high chance of crosshooting which would keep the set-up too pro-town (plus 1 kill per Night so far looks like no kill) , but if they don't have a NK and are liek a piper or something then their wincon is really hard. If its 2 maf factions + an indy then the indy is probably either a BP arsonist or a warlock (with tough rules like no self bet or N0 bet (or needs 3 lynches correct)) Or maybe an indy JoaT idk

Riddle

Smash Lord
Omfg I had a huge post written up with all my answers and stuff and I accidentally refreshed the page losing it all. I'm like uber depressed about it. I'll rewrite it later, but until then I'm going to go do something else.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Question - What is the likelihood of an indy or separate faction when a godfather has flipped?

Personally, I find it much less likely there are two factions or even an independent faction now that the godfather has been revealed. It would be really unfair to town as it's terribly misleading and cripples cop. There's the small chance that there's two factions/independent but only if they all show up as scum by the cop.

And before anyone says "what if flavor cop?", I am going to assume since this is J's first mod experience, he's not going to want anything TOO strange to deal with.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Question - What is the likelihood of an indy or separate faction when a godfather has flipped?

Personally, I find it much less likely there are two factions or even an independent faction now that the godfather has been revealed. It would be really unfair to town as it's terribly misleading and cripples cop. There's the small chance that there's two factions/independent but only if they all show up as scum by the cop.

And before anyone says "what if flavor cop?", I am going to assume since this is J's first mod experience, he's not going to want anything TOO strange to deal with.
ahem.

WTF

Have you heard about Tiger's role? Nothing too odd eh?

Swiss

Smash Lord
From the game mechanics it looks like a normal scum team.

From my own reads I think there are at least multiple indies.

Ultimately we're following the policy of 'lynch them all and win' so it doesn't matter.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Mentos you never responded to that post from yesterday.

Kuz are you voting Mentos right now? If not, why not. If yes why does he need to die? All you said was that he should be lynched because Riddle and Seph shouldn't be.

Going to look over m-k's posts tomorrow.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I forgot to post my response to that yesterday, and that is your questions are fundamentally flawed. I never said I agreed with Cello on everything, just that I could see where his train of thought was. Plus, just because I feel I can see how a player is moving and see it as sensemaking for them doesn't mean that I can sit there and reason out several events, especially given the fact that I don't personally agree with all those things. I could give you my thoughts, but how does that help? Fact of the matter is, his reasoning is a lot more important than my interpretation of his reasoning. I could say "oh, well I think he did this due to A, B, C", and have him come back in and give reason Z, and suddenly I've just attributed reasons to actions he's taken that are incorrect just because I followed things a bit differently.

Not to mention, all 4 of the points you asked for my opinion on ask me to describe his reads on players in some fashion, and I can't do that because I have my own reads to worry about. Just because I think what he's saying makes more sense logically than normal doesn't mean I can describe everything he has done in detail.

Responses to everyone else up either tonight or tomorrow afternoon, depending on if I feel I can get a full response up tonight or not.

Top Bottom