• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia! This is Halloween! Town Wins!!!!!!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Decent answer Tando, thanks

Pichu, once again want to give me a reason? And don't even try to play the "Oh, well, I'm watcher and Mentos liek visited BSL last night!" game, I really just don't even want to hear a silly play like that from you, your better than that!

Ninjad preview: Tando, who was that comment about Seph talking to? If it was me I did mention being up for his wagon yesterday I believe

Swiss

Smash Lord
I happen to disagree with adumbrodeus' stance that full town/scum reads are beneficial to town. I'll continue to push for the lynch of the people I think are scum (Seph currently). If asked for a specific stance I will give it if I feel there is a good reason to do so. If pushed by a large number of townies to give stances on everyone I will also do so. I am being useful, and posting that list would NOT be useful imo.

Who said it was difficult? I'd just have to c/p from my notes lol.
Just give us your reads ffs. So many scum can slip through the net if we don't keep track of beliefs, plus you're losing pressure on people you think are 'semi scummy'.

Copy and paste your notes NOW. Or at the least give us full reads.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hm, so twice now, Pichu comes in, states that I am objectively scum with no backing, says I'm the play, and leaves without a single response. If this keeps up I may have another wagon I'm up for before long.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Just give us your reads ffs. So many scum can slip through the net if we don't keep track of beliefs, plus you're losing pressure on people you think are 'semi scummy'.

Copy and paste your notes NOW. Or at the least give us full reads.
You are not the boss of me. Get some supporters and I'll cooperate.

@Tanny, I was still reading through like all of D2.

Its okay, we can seph lynch now!

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Oh my god are you serious? I finished my 37 page read like 5 hours before the day ended yesterday but did post in that time and I've posted again today. You can't call me out for activity yet. And thats the best case you can build on D3? Seriously? That message is not indicative of my allignment at all, btw, I'm town. Seph then goes on to NOT vote me, even though I'm his TOP SCUM PICK. And his only other scum pick is MK who is somebody with major suspicion today from everyone else. He doesn't even add anything new, he just says to lynch TW if MK flips scum, which makes absolutely no sense to me, because TW is basically auto-town.
I only said the inactivity part because Mentos and BSL both read through D1 half way through D2.

Nice OMGUS btw.

Yo Swiss, you want to help me push a Riddle lynch?

Now I'm gonna call out who I think is the scum team.

Riddle
Tiger
If I had to choose a 4th one, I would pick mentos.

You already know about my stance on the Tiger, MK relation. Riddle because of flavor, which I think shouldn't be taken lightly.

@Riddle: Why don't you think that my Tiger and MK theory is correct? Now that MK flipped scum, do you want to look it over?

If you had to choose a lynch other than me who would it be?

@X1: If I flip town who will be your next scum read?

X1-12

Smash Champion
@seph: since you know tiger has a power (a potentially very dangerous one at that) why should riddle go first? Also do you think scum would be given a role where they could remove up to 3 players from the game on top of the NK?

My next scumpick would be cello

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seph, I highly, highly doubt that scum would be given a role that could remove 3 players from the town for a day/night. Way overpowered of a scum role, if Tiger's not town he's indie, and indie begs the question of what exactly his win condition would be since he can't actually eliminate any players

X1-12

Smash Champion
lawl. Also btw we dont know that tiger cant kill people. But if we are running with indytiger then the MK tiger interactions are meaningless

Riddle

Smash Lord
I only said the inactivity part because Mentos and BSL both read through D1 half way through D2.

Nice OMGUS btw.

Yo Swiss, you want to help me push a Riddle lynch?

Now I'm gonna call out who I think is the scum team.

Riddle
Tiger
If I had to choose a 4th one, I would pick mentos.

You already know about my stance on the Tiger, MK relation. Riddle because of flavor, which I think shouldn't be taken lightly.

@Riddle: Why don't you think that my Tiger and MK theory is correct? Now that MK flipped scum, do you want to look it over?

If you had to choose a lynch other than me who would it be?

@X1: If I flip town who will be your next scum read?
I have a fairly busy real life, excuse me for not finishing earlier. It was EXTREMELY long.

Saying 'nice OMGUS btw' is actually scummier than OMGUS'ing imo. Especially since that doesn't qualify as an OMGUS. OMGUS are votes of people who voted you JUST because they voted you. I have reasoning.

Your Tiger/MK theory doesn't seem very likely, but its possible. The word present was in the flavor and I suspect that that is a more likely explanation. Plus the flavor is christmas themed.

I would choose kuzi currently probably. Idk, no real strong scum reads other than you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
People were cheering as they had gotten one of the most dastardly people taken away! Everyone was kicking back and relaxing and trying to talk about who else was looking evil but everything was good in this day.....or was it?

Suddenly an announcement came on that no one knew where it was coming from. It was sooo eerie people began to hear it but it seems this message might hold something....

Hark! Testing, testing! One, two, three! Does my counterpart wish to reveal themselves? They do! Hold us hands! Use the colour green for text! Just once! Hide this part of the letter! Go town! Hup-cha!

Alas! Not who you thought to kill! Never yet! Scummies run around! Alas! So many dead, none deserving! Alas! The pain!

What a strange message to present.....however it seemed to be a recording and everyone had been present during the message....even stranger.

What's this?

Were the exact words that came out of people's mouths. They could not understand who or what this message bearer was. Friend or Foe? Ally or Enemy? Who could tell with the varying types of messages they sent out...

Delvro

Smash Ace
Decent answer Tando, thanks

Pichu, once again want to give me a reason? And don't even try to play the "Oh, well, I'm watcher and Mentos liek visited BSL last night!" game, I really just don't even want to hear a silly play like that from you, your better than that!

Ninjad preview: Tando, who was that comment about Seph talking to? If it was me I did mention being up for his wagon yesterday I believe
Haha, look at how hard you're trying to blend in.

There are some scummy things I've seen you do this game, but that doesn't matter. You'll never die because of silly arguments like that. It's a waste of time.

If you believe I'm town, Mentos needs to get lynched. Now.

Heck, Mentos has already gotten this game started by threatening to vote me. Go ahead, and good luck. You'll need it, scum.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Definitely not the temp-abducted, I didn't even read the thread during D1 and there was a message, confirmed it wasn't me.

And, yes Delvro, I am threatening to vote you if you can't produce any argument for why I am 100% scum. Fact of the matter is, you can't make accusations like that without evidence(Perfect Dark quote, YEAH!). So, you can either make a case/a claim, or I'm going to have to assume that you just want to get me lynched without any reason to back it up, which is, ya know, pretty scummy.

However, my choice for the day at the moment would still fall on Seph, not on you. You can call me scum for no reason all ya want today, but if you can't back it up it ain't gonna happen. And even if you can, it's still not, but for that to matter you'd actually have to have a reason to begin with :)

Swiss

Smash Lord
We're not lynching Mentos without a valid reason. Simple as that.

Riddle you are going to give us content, or we are going to lynch you

Seph or Riddle toDay. Mentos depending on his responses to me.

Mentos, you are in a very 'middle safe' place - you have also buddied me and other players. I could easily make a case on you and lynch you. I don't want to - but what I want to know is who your top lynch suspects are, what you think of Pichu and an explanation as to why you are playing so safe.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Actually, I rather am.

Why do you have to pressured into giving stances? Why does this not fit into your play in other recent games where you were clear, concise and a valuable member of town?
I haven't played in ANY recent games lol. And one thing I've ALWAYS disliked is getting along with Swiss in a mafia game.

However, this is wasting towns time and putting unneeded pressure on me so I'll post some stances when I get home from school I guess.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Riddle, you haven't talked about the flavour letter. What are your opinions on it? What is the likely source of this letter? Can it be trusted? Why or why not? Would lynching you to verify the validity of the letter be justifiable (Lol I'm talking like FF)? What do you think about Seph, is he scum jumping on a reason to find someone else scummy?

Seph, if Riddle were to be lynched and flip town - do you think you would deserve any repercussions? Or as your belief on Riddlescum is purely flavour based, could we agree that you simply went with what the game suggested. If Riddle flipped scum, would you follow the letters wishes to endgame? Could the letter be coming from an independent? Cold scum be writing the letter, hoping to distract from their own wagons? In this case who would be a likely scumspect?

Swiss

Smash Lord
I haven't played in ANY recent games lol. And one thing I've ALWAYS disliked is getting along with Swiss in a mafia game.

However, this is wasting towns time and putting unneeded pressure on me so I'll post some stances when I get home from school I guess.
Why is your dislike of getting along with me relevant to your until-just-now refusal to post stances?

What exactly made you change your mind? Explain why it wasn't the threat of you being lynched.

Also, do you think Seph has a PR (regardless of alignment)?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Mentos, you are in a very 'middle safe' place - you have also buddied me and other players. I could easily make a case on you and lynch you. I don't want to - but what I want to know is who your top lynch suspects are, what you think of Pichu and an explanation as to why you are playing so safe.
OK, you want Seph lynched.

You have not made a case on Seph, nor toDay referenced any case while stating you wish him lynched. Why are you then calling out Pichu and others for doing exactly the same to you? Why are allowed to not justify your stances whilst others must? Do you agree this is hypocrisy? If yes - what are you now going to do to rectify this? If no - what differentiates the two wagons? --> Why is lack content on the Seph wagon justifiable yet not on yours?

What were your opinions on the MK wagon? You applaud myself and X1 for the modkill - does this make us confirmed town? Will you ride these stances to LyLo?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Pichu - Explain why your contribution toDay has been more than just 'Lynch Mentos' - do his actions match up to your '100% scum' knowledge? Clearly the Mentos lynch isn't happening easily - why then are you not pushing it. In fact, more than 'not pushing it' why are you failing to justify an incredibly certain stance with anything? Why, as town, would Pichu have nothing to say about a player they know is scum? Why have you not attempted to draw connections between Mentos and MK? Surely this would be a sure fire way of lynching Mentos? Securing your position in town in the process. Explain why I am unable to find any of these supposed scum connections between Mentos and MK. What do you think about my hypothesis that MK was told to claim Princess by someone well acquainted with Oddworld? Why would this not be Mayling?

Also if you would be so kind as to grace us with content concerning other players - that would be awesome.

Swiss

Smash Lord
This. (^ A Pichu 'LYNCH MENTOS' post)

Stop trying to lynch another townie. Gosh you guys are being so stupid (Swiss & x1). I don't want to be mean, but cmon..

gawd u guys r bdum
Zen, before MK was modkilled, this was your only content around the wagon.

If you believed MK to be town, why did you not a) Push the Mentos lynch or b) Defend MK?

Instead you lurk the thread and then after MK dies make what I can only assume is a joke about you now being confirmed town. Instead of telling people you are town, I'd suggest you instead prove it through being useful.

I also point out this is another person calling for a Mentos lynch when not ONE of you can provide any reasoning.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Also, Seph - why are you pushing Riddle over TW when MK has just flipped scum? You have given no indication your stance on TW has changed, why then does the flavour of the letter out prioritise MK's scum flip? Would you have voted Riddle over MK earlier in the day?

Two Pichus One Pic

Smash Rookie
Also, do you think Seph has a PR (regardless of alignment)?
I'd like an answer to this too, Riddle.

Swiss, you talk too much!

So let me get this straight: You pretty much claimed vig on Day 2, right? I would reeeeeally like to know why you didn't shoot anyone Night 2 (or if you did, I'd like to know why you think it didn't go through, because you obviously didn't shoot BSL if you're town).

Clearly you were not roleblocked, judging by your question toward me earlier today (more on that later), and I refuse to believe that by Night 2 you had no scum suspects that you were willing to shoot, considering you all but outed yourself as vig and put your neck on the line.

Swiss, the entire game I think you've been super town. Especially that case on MK. But to give you an idea of how big this is, I will switch my vote to you if this isn't explained adequately, because vigilantes simply don't get left unchecked after any comment that even remotely could be considered a claim. And let's just say, knowing all this, that Night 2 didn't go quite as I expected it to.

So, was I insane to think that you're a vig? Or is there some other explanation?
And also, is your comment on Day 2 with regards to Meta-Kirby related to your role? Because this has perplexed me as well.

Also, I don't understand what good a roleblocked claim does for town. I would like to see this explained. Mentos and Swiss seem to be the two people pushing this roleblocked thing.

Finally, Mentos is still scum. Mentos for 2011.

Swiss

Smash Lord
So let me get this straight: You pretty much claimed vig on Day 2, right? I would reeeeeally like to know why you didn't shoot anyone Night 2 (or if you did, I'd like to know why you think it didn't go through, because you obviously didn't shoot BSL if you're town).
I soft 'claimed' vig during D1 RVS. After this the only thing I have said on the matter is me confirming I am not vig. Why would I claim Vig D2? I have actually admitted I have no night abilities, and posted a troll pic to emphasise the point. You are either skimming to a terrible degree, are sadly mistaken or are trying a pathetic gambit.

Clearly you were not roleblocked, judging by your question toward me earlier today (more on that later), and I refuse to believe that by Night 2 you had no scum suspects that you were willing to shoot, considering you all but outed yourself as vig and put your neck on the line.
Now you are structuring an entire post around the false belief I claimed Vig. Explain why it was beneficial for you to not verify your information before you posted. Why did you think RVS was D2? Why did you miss me clarify this multiple times?

And also, is your comment on Day 2 with regards to Meta-Kirby related to your role? Because this has perplexed me as well.
Which comment? Surprisingly I said several things. Though if you're asking if I have crumbed any roles - then no. If I ever try to claim a role using posts of mine before this as reference - lynch me immediately.

Mentos and Swiss seem to be the two people pushing this roleblocked thing.
Where have I done this? Quote me. What would be wrong with assuming there is roleblocking anyway?

Finally, Mentos is still scum. Mentos for 2011.
I asked for content, not a slogan.

Also you failed to respond to any of the points I brought up with you. Answer these. For a hydra you aren't very up to date with your information.

I don't particularly want to lynch you Pichu - but you have to at least not be a detriment to town. Cello is going to have a field day on you tomorrow.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Seph, if Riddle were to be lynched and flip town - do you think you would deserve any repercussions? Or as your belief on Riddlescum is purely flavour based, could we agree that you simply went with what the game suggested. If Riddle flipped scum, would you follow the letters wishes to endgame? Could the letter be coming from an independent? Cold scum be writing the letter, hoping to distract from their own wagons? In this case who would be a likely scumspect?
Of course I would. Why wouldn't I? I would have pushed a lynch on a townie, which shouldn't be forgiven for any reason, because scum could be using the same reason. If Riddle flipped scum I might, I would look more into the letters from the past few days and spend more attention on them on the future. I have thought of both those scenario's. If it's from an indy, they could have an ability to find others alignments or they could just made stuff up on the fly, but I would have no idea what their win con would be. If it's scum using it, I'd probably be playing right into their hands. I would say you were, because on the first day it mentions Swiss, and I'm pretty sure you'd put your own name on the message just to confuse town.

Also, Seph - why are you pushing Riddle over TW when MK has just flipped scum? You have given no indication your stance on TW has changed, why then does the flavour of the letter out prioritise MK's scum flip? Would you have voted Riddle over MK earlier in the day?
I feel that if we don't go through with the Riddle lynch toDay he'll just slip away toMorrow and probably the rest of the game. The letter is fresh toDay, I would rather go with a lynch on who I think are scum toDay, rather than try to push a lynch on someone I think is scum and have the push fail.

If I were promised by 3/4 of town that we would lynch Riddle toMorrow and lynch Tiger toDay, I would gladly take the offer.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Seph do you think scum would have a role where they can remove potentially up to 3 players from the game on top the the NK?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Pichu Swiss is town because he'd just have taken the lynch as scum, to save the Day continuing. Based on timings I think he was legit in saying that he was PMing the mod to ask that, plus if he was just trying to jump on why would he every say he was PMing the mod? He'd just say he was just thinking of that and join in with the request. Yeah I guess he could be indy but eh if there's an indy I think its more likely Cello.

May as well also talk about the MK flip now, iirc on D1/2 it was Zen, Swiss, Pichu and Seph who wanted MK copped. I would suspect at least 1 scum would want MK copped (yeah yeah WIFOM) and I'd put that as Seph tbh.

I don't like how Pichu is kinda given free reign toDay as Cello is not here but seriously fails to deliver, I guess its just disappointing more than anything else

#1983: Riddle plays the "Oh I hate doing this but since its for the goof of town I will" card which is liek meh slight scum from that. I haven't seen anything concrete from him yet but we're expecting stuff so that's K. Actually glad he didn't jump on the Mentos thing which was a super easy option for scum and then handwave it as just pressure wagon.

@Swiss: Am I easily influenced by buddying? (serious question) Also how confident are you really on your Chuckie read? I guess I can accept your ability to read them but off so few posts?

X1 - Clearly Cello is not scum. Do not think this. If he were indie, hypothesise as to what role he would have. How could we use town PR's to catch him?
I'm going to football now but when I come back I'll try to write a set-up evaluation, idk how hard it will be in a large game though. I'll incorperate indies (Which I expect to see in this game)

Top Bottom