• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah. My GF wants to go ahead and pre-order it for me, but I'm like "waiittt for the LE 3ds BUNDLEEE" :S

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
There wasn't much else to do in it. After Pokemon Stadium came out I couldn't even touch Snap anymore.

:phone:
Yeah, I agree with that.

I played it a couple of weeks ago, and that was the first time in like 11 years. It was alright, I suppose. I loved it back in the day, but that's because I was getting into Pokemon.

Stadium didn't keep me playing for all of that long, either, though. It's the handheld main Pokemon series where it is at, and apparently where it will always be at.

Anyway, I just got a 3DS last night. I'm loving it so far... Mainly because I get to play my DS games again. It's very different for me, going straight from the original 2004 DS to this. I don't have any actual 3DS games, though. I'll wait for OoT 3DS.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon snap is bleh...I hope they don't make another...I will still enjoy Tales of Abyss regardless.

pokemon mother ***in snap ***ing ***** and u r a ***ing ****** *** face for thinking otherwise. it's much better than that horrid ***-filled **** hole "game" for ******** *** faces named glover where you are a ***ing white glove peice of **** and you die if your ball breaks

pokemon stadium... that's alright i guess

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
pokemon mother ***in snap ***ing ***** and u r a ***ing ****** *** face for thinking otherwise. it's much better than that horrid ***-filled **** hole "game" for ******** *** faces named glover where you are a ***ing white glove peice of **** and you die if your ball breaks

Surprised the mods haven't hit you up on this.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
So i am starting to accumulate extra cash and have been tempted to get a 3DS. I was wanting to get one once OoT and the big hits came out since there really isn't anything that i wanted out yet. Dream Trigger looked kinda cool but i wasn't so sure about it. ( anyone know anything about it? It comes out today)

Anyway, i was going to see your opinions on whether or not it is actually worth the investment.

I went to best-buy to try it out but i played for maybe 30seconds and had a hard time getting the 3d to work for me, i just kept seeing blurry screen. This could be due to not getting close enough/ not getting the sweet spot/ my vision isn't the best and i wasn't wearing glasses.

So yeah, eventually i would get it regardless i think, but today is my birthday and i have extra money so i was considering it. Your thoughts?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
If youre a big zelda fan, wait. There's a possibility that there's going to be a special oot 3ds if you preorder.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Yeah i suppose waiting the extra months i really don't miss out on anything. Just put the money aside and save it for when it's a better time. It's an option at least.

Then again it would be nice to get the purchase out of the way, but the only draw back to that is future bundles or special new 3DS stuff that may be announced.

And i mean i love Zelda, but it's not like my favorite franchise or anything, tbh i think i want a black 3DS regardless. I guess we will see what happens. Thanks for your input though!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
If you don't really have anything that you want to play on it at the moment, you might as well wait. There's no point in buying a system when you have nothing to do with it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Is there any chance of the Virtual Console coming to DSi? Or is Nintendo going to use it to just promote the 3DS?
The DSi is likely to just have whatever online store it currently is, while the 3DS is going to be getting the Gameboy/Other handheld VC.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
If you don't really have anything that you want to play on it at the moment, you might as well wait. There's no point in buying a system when you have nothing to do with it.
That was my initial thought process. I did buy my wii at launch and never bought an actual wii game till some time later. I suppose it will help a lot knowing what all is on the virtual store when that releases. That could help sway me one way or the other.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The only reason anyone should buy a 3DS before a game they want is released is because they don't already have a previous iteration of DS.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Sorry, no, not for 3DS. Just, in general.

Yeah, but I believe they also made some balancing changes as well. Could be wrong though, I don't keep up with SF.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Hahahahahahahahahahaha I've never seen such tenacity in defending Pokémon Snap. Though that was stupidly rude.

Glover was like a fever dream.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I played SSFIV 3DS today. The controls felt better than my ps3 version. Haven't played that game in ages, an I did better than ever. But I've been playing MvC>MK..so maybe FG's help you get better in general, lol.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one that thought the 3DS launch titles were... lacking?

D

Deleted member

Street Fighter was fine, but considering you can play 65 different versions of it on 82 consoles, its appeal was limited.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Zelda 3Ds bundle....limited edition triforce 3ds...WHERE THE **** ARE YOU!?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I think I'm starting to get tired of SF. Dunno why now. I do want more games to come out.

Me, too. They totally hyped me up by showing several titles that I really wanted.

Now I have my 3DS and none of them are out. Only one of them has a release date, and it's a remake. I have DS games to catch up on, sure, but I still want a title made for the console.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
At the end of the year...so many good 3DS games will be out :3 Just gotta wait....

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Waiting for Zelda, Kid Icarus, Metal gear in that order.... I might buy some other games like resident evil if it looks good enough for me. Street fighter is a good game but wasnt ment for 3d.

D

Deleted member

I'm getting Zelda, like everyone else, but I'm also really looking forward to the Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney game. If it comes to the States that is.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
It will almost definitely come here. All the AA and PL games have been localized so I don't see why you wouldn't localize something as big as a crossover of the two.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
AA Investigations hasn't been localized and I don't think it will. Still waiting on Layton's Specter's Flute which was released in 2009 in Japan.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It will almost definitely come here. All the AA and PL games have been localized so I don't see why you wouldn't localize something as big as a crossover of the two.
They are gauging interest over here to see if they will localize it.

AA Investigations hasn't been localized and I don't think it will. Still waiting on Layton's Specter's Flute which was released in 2009 in Japan.
Ace Attorney Investigations was localized in NA. It's just that the sequel, AAI2, is currently not planned on being released on the DS in NA at this point in time.

:urg:

Top Bottom