• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ace Attorney Investigations was localized in NA. It's just that the sequel, AAI2, is currently not planned on being released on the DS in NA at this point in time.

:urg:
Yeah, don't know why I forgot the "2". But yeah...was just trying to make a point

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It was a game where tensions were high, things got chippy, and the game was close. He hit a clutch shot and basically just vented lol.

D

Deleted member

Tip: If 90% of your posts are asterisks, you might want to look into buying a dictionary or reading some books to expand your vocabulary.
i'm going to pillage ur anal oriface, puncturing it ferociously, poop spilling everywhere

=
anyways, how is the 3ds for those who have it. good buy right now? or wait till they release the inevitable lite/better version later?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I really with they'd localize AAI2. I bought AAI on eBay last month and I love it. Edgeworth > Phoenix imo.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I prefer to see Phoenix. Both have their quirks and both get freaked out in certain situations (Edgey-poo!), but Phoenix gets into more awkward situations, which I prefer.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Just entered a raffle at play n trade to get a 3DS. It'd be something if I won.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
For some reason, I want to get all the Usage Tips for the 3DS Camera and 3DS Sound. I have almost all of them, but I need some help getting a few. Can someone help me get:

003. (Camera)
005. (Camera)
030. (Camera)
003. (Sound)
005. (Sound)

Thanks!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So.

3DS.

Things is selling so poorly, the price has been reduced (temporarily, I believe) in japan.

I think Nintendo jumped the gun a little. They should have waited until, like, Q3 2011.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So.

3DS.

Things is selling so poorly, the price has been reduced (temporarily, I believe) in japan.

I think Nintendo jumped the gun a little. They should have waited until, like, Q3 2011.
Or they could've launched the handheld with more games to attract people. (This is the first time a Nintendo handheld has launched without a Mario launch title.)

I feel bad for Nintendo, I mean, sure, the 3DS has sold millions but it's still a few million short of their (high?) expectations after selling a lot with their DS line.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well, they should've launched it with first party titles. OoT3Ds is going to make a surge in 3ds sells I bet.

I think 3DS will be amazing, but underwhelming launch titles make underwhelming sells.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Remember what Nintendogs and brain age did for the DS?

Well they did release Nintendogs and cats. But they did jump the gun. They released it and, like, a key feature for it has yet to even be released for it. eShop channel, and Netflix. They also released it at a time when the industry usually experiences a drought - mid spring to summer. The only big name titles folks have to look forward, often times, in the summer is MADDEN.

It's not like the 3DS was released with a lack of software. Far from it. Most, if not all, the titles released with it are enjoyable. Maybe not worth the asking price, but they aren't terrible.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
In a sense, I think Nintendo gambled, by trying to let third party companies get a jump in on making sells. Possibly to give these companies confidence moving ahead that "Hey, we support you guys" as opposed to what happen with the Wii. At the same time, it wouldn't kill Nintendo's approach to have at least one first party game out there. I mean I hate to say this, but it really does seem like Nintendo relies a lot on their first party games to make their money.

pickle962

Smash Lord
I went to Gamestop today and I tried out the 3DS. Don't get me wrong. The 3d effect is pretty cool, but what's the point in shelling out a ****ton of cash just to experience 3d when you can just a buy a regular DS and still enjoy playing games but without the 3D flair. Shoot. I don't get the point of 3d and why everyone and their cousin wants it so badly.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've tried out the 3ds demo 3 times now and every single time I get headaches instantly that last for hours. This last time, I tried literally 20 seconds of street fighter 4 and I got sick instantly, put it down without finishing a single match, and I was sick for about 2 hours.

I'll probably never buy one, sadly.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Holy **** man.

That's pretty ****ed up. I feel for ya, I'd be so mad if I got 3D sickness =(

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The reason I'm excited about 3D is that it's new and I don't know what, specifically, to be excited about. About what to be excited.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I went to Gamestop today and I tried out the 3DS. Don't get me wrong. The 3d effect is pretty cool, but what's the point in shelling out a ****ton of cash just to experience 3d when you can just a buy a regular DS and still enjoy playing games but without the 3D flair. Shoot. I don't get the point of 3d and why everyone and their cousin wants it so badly.
What is this I don't even...

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The 3DS is a big graphical/processing improvement over regular DS, even without the 3D. It's a new system.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Nintendo hasn't even come close to tapping into the 3DS's true potential yet it's too early to judge the system based off of the few games it has.

Once the quality games that can really take advantage of the 3D technology like Pokemon, Mario, a new Zelda, etc. start coming in the 3DS will become an even bigger hit than the original DS IMO.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Buy a 3DS game and try and put it in your DS

I dare you.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
OoT will sell like Crack. Just watch. :D I wanted a LE triforce 3ds though..

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pretty much all of that is old news.

Wake me up when we get Layton localized

Top Bottom