• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, there are a bunch of other good RPG's for the 3DS if you are into them, personally I'd go with FE:Shadow Dragon or any of tbe Pokemon RPG's, but that's just me giving out a suggestion.

:phone:

Abel1994

Smash Lord
i want a f zero game

tired of mario karts!

add fzero plus online plus talk to people= game of the year lol

OmegaXXII

Yeah, F-Zero totally needs a new game, it's been lacking on since the Gamecube era, it's about time Nintendo introduced a newer game, maybe it will be announced next month.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I went to Gamestop to get a copy of Devil Survivor Overlocked, but they were sold out :mad:

However, I did manage to get a copy of Elite Beat Agents for $3.99!

Spire

III
BRoomer
I want a menu system in the next F-Zero where Captain Falcon constantly talks to you.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Something where you can just hit the home button during a game and see messages would be fantastic.

OmegaXXII

No competitor has such a range of characters and franchises universally adored - to the envy of Disney - or such a capacity to create new ones, as strong in the future. Out a portable machine dedicated to the game but equipped with one analog stick in 2011 was a mistake. The fact that we have recognized, and we do what is necessary to remedy this, let me suggest that 3DS has before it many years of success.
A second joystick for the 3DS? Wow!

OmegaXXII

It's sarcasm, it's dumb really, out of all things why a second joystick? If anything it should be more RAM or extended storage capacity, but I guess it's just a rumor so there's no reason to get worked up about it.

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
Where the wild things are, by way of Georgia.
Don't really understand how they'd even go about adding a second analog stick at the last minute anyway. But like you said, not really a big deal. Only genre that dual analog sticks are absolutely necessary at this stage is FPS. But even then, Metroid Prime hunters' approach to that was pretty well done in my opinion. Using the touch screen as "second analog" of sorts.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It's sarcasm, it's dumb really, out of all things why a second joystick? If anything it should be more RAM or extended storage capacity, but I guess it's just a rumor so there's no reason to get worked up about it.
More RAM? What for? No one gives a **** about more RAM on a portable gaming console. More storage capacity? Just buy a bigger ****ing SD card.

Life

Smash Hero
I think it's funny that the DS sales were just fine--and by "just fine" I mean "explosive"--with *NO* analog sticks, but apparently the problem with the 3DS is that it only has one. No, the thing about the 3DS is that it doesn't have a true killer app yet (OOT3D is the closest thing and it's a remake).

I normally don't like making predictions (the smug satisfaction of being right does not outweigh feeling like an idiot when you're wrong), but I feel safe with these two:

1. Between the price cut and the upcoming SMB/Mario Kart stuff, the system will turn around, no redesign or second stick necessary. (You can bet 4DS will have double-analog, though.)

2. Iwata's going nowhere. That'd be like firing Miyamoto, srsly.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I don't understand why more developers don't jump on the 3DS. There's almost NO competition in terms of good games.

Life

Smash Hero
I don't understand why more developers don't jump on the 3DS. There's almost NO competition in terms of good games.
Probably sales concerns. Why develop for a console if it's not widely adopted yet? (Of course, this leads to fewer sales for said console, cue vicious cycle.) They might be holding out for Vita, IDK.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think some companies are holding out. Ubisoft stopped development of AC for the 3DS and are now making it for the Vita.

The 3DS doesn't need a second analog stick as much as it needs multiple functions. Yeah it has Netflix, but we're restricted to wifi, when everything is 3G or "4G" these days. Not sure how great the screen is for watching movies or streaming videos. Music player? Usable apps? And can we please get some efficient way of chatting/messaging other users rather than some lame "add my code" nonsense?

OmegaXXII

More RAM? What for? No one gives a **** about more RAM on a portable gaming console. More storage capacity? Just buy a bigger ****ing SD card.
But I ask you this, why a ****** second joystick??? Would you support that ****? I wouldn't, and if it did Nintendo won't ever be getting a cent from me concerning a 3DS, The Vita is where it's at.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I think some companies are holding out. Ubisoft stopped development of AC for the 3DS and are now making it for the Vita.

The 3DS doesn't need a second analog stick as much as it needs multiple functions. Yeah it has Netflix, but we're restricted to wifi, when everything is 3G or "4G" these days. Not sure how great the screen is for watching movies or streaming videos. Music player? Usable apps? And can we please get some efficient way of chatting/messaging other users rather than some lame "add my code" nonsense?
Say wha? The 3DS has a music player.

Also, I don't think it "needs" multiple functions. It's a video game system, not an Iphone. what it "needs" is some games.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The 3DS would've been amazing had it delayed the launch until Christmas. Between a release lineup of Starfox 64 3D, OoT 3D, Cave Story 3D, Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus Uprising, etc., and NOT competely screwing over the timing of Pokémon 5th gen, it probably would've drawn some pretty nice sales. Oh well.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
But I ask you this, why a ****** second joystick??? Would you support that ****? I wouldn't, and if it did Nintendo won't ever be getting a cent from me concerning a 3DS, The Vita is where it's at.

Wait, you're saying a second joystick on the 3ds would be a bad idea?
I'm not completely sure if they should but, It would be very nice for a Fps.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I fail to see how, in the 21st century, two control sticks would be a bad idea.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
If Ninty had a two thumbstick 3DS from the beginning that would've put them in a really good position against Sony.

It's too late to do that now. Making games that required dual analog control screws over the suck-ups that already bought a 3DS.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Personally, I'm still not sure how a secondary stick would even interface with the 3DS.

Top Bottom