• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I was gonna bring up the latest One Piece chapter for a change of pace.

It was KAWAIIIIIIII!`♧~~

Am I doing it right?

D

Deleted member

I wonder if it's the same for Sony on the PlayStation forums.

Though it's pretty unlikely since most of Sony's platforms have been successful to this day (with the exception of the Vita, PSP, and the PS3 to a lesser extent).
I've come across some negativity on those forums, from "Vita is dead!" to "Why no mods in Skyrim PS4?!"

However, I'm not very active there nowadays and I've lately been primarily posting development updates in the Bloodstained info thread.

Chrono.

New S/M trailer focusing on Mimikyu.

Notably, there's a better look at the Ghost type Z-Move, as well as the first appearance of the Fairy type Z-Move.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You don't normally see Pokémon crossing over or advertised with other Nintendo stuff outside of Smash.

Granted, Pokémon has crossed over with Splatoon and Mario Maker. But to see it again makes me wonder if The Pokémon Company is becoming less strict in this regard?

That or I'm over analyzing plushes.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
You don't normally see Pokémon crossing over or advertised with other Nintendo stuff outside of Smash.

Granted, Pokémon has crossed over with Splatoon and Mario Maker. But to see it again makes me wonder if The Pokémon Company is becoming less strict in this regard.

Shotgun the Luigi one.

Also @Soul.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Granted, Pokémon has crossed over with Splatoon and Mario Maker. But to see it again makes me wonder if The Pokémon Company is becoming less strict in this regard?

Didn't I just say earlier how cool Lucario would be in a Mario game?

Don't you get it?

It was a PREMONITION. :4lucario:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I want Pick A Shoe to cosplay as every Nintendo character.
C'mon GF; a Pikachu disguised as :4falcon: or :4samus: basically prints money.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Now that I think about it, the best thing about the Switch is that it's not trying to compete with the PC like PS4 Pro and arguably Xbone are. It's something that has overall appeal and won't get laughed at for trying to compete with a crowd that already has what they want

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

:3 D'awww....PikaMario and PikaLuigi are so DAMN CUTE! >u<

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Dude I'm just happy I have one system for all my Nintendo games and I can play it on both a big ol TV and a little screen that'll fit in my backpack or purse.

Consolidated as ****. Also stuff like BotW and Skyrim on the go is pretty insane to think about.

Oh and also Splatoon local multiplayer.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
It'll probably be released on the console, they just don't want to confirm it yet.

That or it really is just a way for Bethesda to say "We're working with Nintendo now." Which is sorta weird cause, why not Fallout 4?
Definitely the former, and it's all but confirmed. I doubt Fallout 4 or... (m)any major 3rd party games the other two consoles and PC have are coming to the Switch.
Now, that reviewer may laugh if it doesn't work out.
I'm bearish on the Switch. That's not saying something, though; I'm bearish on the global economy in general for the next little bit.
Let's see if Nintendo still stands after another round with Mr. Sandman. Not even Yen deflation could save them if Switch is a flop.
The reveal for the Switch has over 7 million views...

Holy Crap.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

---

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
^ stupidest saying in the history of forever, well, it's used to justify stupid things.
Innovation is literally someone saying, "hey this thing works great, but let's make it better."

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So we aren't getting anymore official Switch information until next year.

Now my parents aren't going to be convinced to pre-order it since it's labelled as a $999 placeholder price on the EB Games website.

They'll probably understand that it is just a placeholder, but still, who knows with them....

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I honestly DO think Nintendo should just become a 3rd party software developer at this point, rather than continuing to build underpowered consoles. Because they only thing that matters about them at this point is their games, and even those are suffering in their attempts to appeal to a broader audience.
With NS interested me. Nope, not gonna happen. I was fine with this opinion before. But I still think Nintendo can still make good console like this.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
My biggest question about the Switch is how do they plan to compete with the PS4 Pro, Scorpio, and whatever other future upgrades those two consoles have down the line.

In my mind, considering how modular the system, they could potentially sell a stronger tablet down the line that should still be compatible with your previous dock and Joy-cons.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My biggest question about the Switch is how do they plan to compete with the PS4 Pro, Scorpio, and whatever other future upgrades those two consoles have down the line.

In my mind, considering how modular the system, they could potentially sell a stronger tablet down the line that should still be compatible with your previous dock and Joy-cons.
The Switch offers a new spin on consoles that has high appeal to the market, something nobody else has. Scorpio's likely gonna be an Xbone2, so we'll have to wait for that. PS4 Pro however doesn't really have much going for it iirc as it requires your TV to be able to do 4k and it's trying to compete with PC

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/10/pokemon-sun-and-moons-devs-respond-to-the-popplio-backlash/

Naturally, I had to bring up Popplio at this point. I jokingly told the developers that I noticed they didn’t pick Popplio, and asked them if they had heard of some of the backlash against the water starter. I asked them, what did they think about that negative reaction against Popplio?

In response, I could hear some laughter on the other end of the line, but after a few moments, a concerned Ohmori seemed keen on reassuring me on Popplio’s design.
Masuda: "...P-People dislike Popplio? I-I can't *pfft* imagine why."
Ohmori: *snicker* "No no Masuda, s-stop..."

I'm so sorry #TeamPopplio

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kotaku

People disliked Popplio BEFORE they saw it's evolution was "feminine"

Popplio itself isn't feminine in any way

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Kotaku

People disliked Popplio BEFORE they saw it's evolution was "feminine"

Popplio itself isn't feminine in any way
What did you expect? It's Kotaku. Read the first comment.

But yeah, that's pretty bad. I didn't know the Popplio hate was this bad. I mean I knew it existed but I didn't think it was downright hatred. I thought people were just stretching truth as per usual.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just pick a different starter

I thought Delphox was the ugliest piece of crap ever

What did I do?

I picked Greninja. I was actually ALWAYS on team Froakie. But still

I'm not going to complain that looking at Delphox makes my eyes bleed because of how horrible it is, or say that the only way I see people liking it is because they stared at it so long they've gone blind and potentially dumb by the boiling juices of their eyes scarring the tissue of their brain. No.

I just pick a different starter. They should stop whining and pick Rowlett

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People don't seem to like starters that aren't "tough". Look at Meganium. Though it's true in that it was clearly the least favourite from the get-go.

I don't think Popplio is one of the best starters in the series by any means, but I don't really understand the backlash. It's not that bad. I prefer its final form to Litten's.

So, is 8th gen pokemon going to be on the Switch?
I would imagine so.

D

Deleted member

Just pick a different starter

I thought Delphox was the ugliest piece of crap ever

What did I do?

I picked Greninja. I was actually ALWAYS on team Froakie. But still

I'm not going to complain that looking at Delphox makes my eyes bleed because of how horrible it is, or say that the only way I see people liking it is because they stared at it so long they've gone blind and potentially dumb by the boiling juices of their eyes scarring the tissue of their brain. No.

I just pick a different starter. They should stop whining and pick Rowlett
That's exactly what I did.
I was originally on Team Popplio but thanks to Robingroot, I've moved to Team Rowlet.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Popplio is certainly better than Delphox

and I had no expectations for Popplio, unlike Litten, so Popplio couldn't possibly have disappointed me. Making it a complete neutral unlike Litten which is a negative

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm quite enthusiastic about the Nintendo Switch. Nintendo did a pretty good job with the console/handheld hybrid concept, and I really like how it's executed - you can go with the Switch Pro Controller for a traditional style of console gaming, detach parts of the controller and place it on to the tablet and take it with you, and having a very promising line-up of developers like Bethesda, From Software, Atlus and the like really shows that they're quite confident this time around with what they can do with the Switch. And if Skyrim is coming to the Switch, this might be the platform I finally decide to play it on (unless I go for PC for the modding scene.)

So I'm pretty excited for what Nintendo and other developers can offer with the Switch. So far my main reservations mainly focus on the aesthetics of the Pro Controller and whether or not it will prove to be ergonomic to get comfortable with.

All in all, I'd say my hype levels are around the 8/10 area with regards to this announcement. Now it's just the waiting game for more details.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Delphox's demise was not because the design only, but also how it was shown.
In the anime looked nice, with good proportions and expressions.
The official art looks unidimensional and the head is kinda small.
The in-game model is absolute ****.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been getting videos in my feed on youtube for "Monster Bug Wars" for some reason

I've been watching a few casually since they appeared and some of them have been kind of interesting

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Switch offers a new spin on consoles that has high appeal to the market, something nobody else has. Scorpio's likely gonna be an Xbone2, so we'll have to wait for that. PS4 Pro however doesn't really have much going for it iirc as it requires your TV to be able to do 4k and it's trying to compete with PC
PS4 Pro doesn't require a 4K TV. It still has the benefit of allowing more games to run at native 1080p 60 FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom