• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
I'm learning how to play Bravely Default. So far so good.

First impressions.
  • The music is incredible.
  • Having all characters join the party near the start was a good idea imo. Prevents imbalance later on, especially for players who like to grind.
  • Having to buy scrolls to learn spells did catch me off guard.
  • The "Brave" ability is easy to get carried away with. :laugh:
I'm having fun so far. The opening cutscene was enough to blow my mind tbh.
I played the demo and didn't get to exited so I haven't played it, but recently a heard it's music and now I'm thinking of buying it on the eshop. How does the battle system works? That's the only thing that concerns me.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Hellboy 3 won't happen.

Oh but don't worry we'll still get utter garbage like 50 Shades.

D

Deleted member

Gwen is saying the newest episode basicalky confirms it, though I haven't watched it yet
I blame cram school
Well, I hope it's a legit reason. Having an actual trans character would be nice.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I must be reading wrong PFF I thought you said the Composer for BD was Hiroyuki Sawano and I didnt know you were talking about AoT :079:

But yeah, Revo did a good job on BD:FF and Ryo did just as good in BS:EL
Yeah, I should have say it more specific, it's now fixed.
Revo, Ryo, Hiroyuki Sawano are all awesome composers.
Oh yeah and FalKoopa FalKoopa the near end of the game is uh.....rather tedius and is the biggest problem with the game. you'll see
Oh... I shall see it too. Hope the near end of the game won't ruin my interest on getting the Bravely 2nd End Layer.

I also made my Steam account just recently, it may be a bit of a work for me to put money in my Steam account.
I am gonna wait for Nier:Automata to be release on Steam, now maybe I will go play the free games like Paladins, Team Fortress 2 etc. Or maybe not since I already have Overwatch... nevertheless I will give those games a try when I think I want to play them. Oh ,yeah, I am definitely going to buy Tales of Berseria as well, and how can I forget Final Fantasy 7?

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So...Linkin Park recently released a new track for their new album....

And I honestly have to say I'm not a fan...

I've generally liked mostly everything they've done up until now...so I'm definitely used to the changes they gone through, but this doesn't really sit well with me...

D

Deleted member

Lol, I haven't even watched eps 17 and 18 of SVTFOE so I have to catch up first whoops

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I played the demo and didn't get to exited so I haven't played it, but recently a heard it's music and now I'm thinking of buying it on the eshop. How does the battle system works? That's the only thing that concerns me.
It's like normal RPG battles.

The only addition is Brave and Default options. Brave lets you take action up to four times in a row, but then the enemy can attack you for the same number of turns. Default lets you skip a turn so you can use Brave without losing a turn later on.

If you play the game, it's pretty intuitive.

The thing different about Magic is that instead of getting more skills when you level up, you need to but them from shops to learn them.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

The only addition is Brave and Default options. Brave lets you take action up to four times in a row, but then the enemy can attack you for the same number of turns. Default lets you skip a turn so you can use Brave without losing a turn later on.

The thing different about Magic is that instead of getting more skills when you level up, you need to but them from shops to learn them.
If I compare Bravely Default and Xenoblade Chronciles 3D, I have to say despite both are great RPGs, I found myself enjoy Xenoblade more than Bravely Default for now. Once I finish Xenoblade I will take time to finish Bravely Default.
Whereas in Xenoblade it's action RPG, free open world style. And you can customize your gear, weapons, clothing etc. Craft gems, do side quests, leveling up Art skills, see heart to hearts, and awesome story.
You can improve your art level stat by buying manuals and defeat specific monsters.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So those who watch Retsupre, look at this kickstarter they went over
Yes... its a coat that you just stuff everything in, so you can walk to the airport, wearing a big puffy coat and not get checked and expect everyone to feel safe

And apparenty someone from Australia said they will just let you get on a plane with this highly suspicions trench coat

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hellboy 3 won't happen.

Oh but don't worry we'll still get utter garbage like 50 Shades.

No matter why Ron Perlman made the choice to say "**** it, I want to run for presidency" instead.

Also,

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Where's the Mucha Lucha intro when you need it?

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Think of it like old FF games, thats how the battle system is
Brave is to add more turns to your attack, Default is to defend
The more you Brave, the more in the negatives you can and you cant act for,I think 3 turns max if you max brave
Actually, here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bravely_Default#Battle_system

Thanks!

Ok so it seems less complicated than I tought, I'll buy the game when I have money which I don't have thanks to the Switch preorder.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Huuu...Youtube seem to have some problem right now.
And I was going to say my devienART account too, but everything returned to normal the moment I writed this!
Ah, The Internet, always here to make peoples stress for nothing.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Moving on to more Gen 6 Pokemon. Featuring Daidou.. errr Pangoro, Aegislash, Diancie, and Trevenant. It was a tough choice between Trevenant or Gourgeist, but the former seems more Smash appropriate to me.

Don't be shy and vote while I deal with my final video class.

Got you covered.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait, there was a new episode? **** I need to watch it today if the theory really comes true
Also
>Subtle
THE SECOND SEASON HAS BEEN ANYTHING BUT SUBTLE ABOUT IT
There's been new episodes each day for like the past week. They've been good to.

Didn't watch yesterdays, but I'll have to check it out after reading this discussion.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Moving on to more Gen 6 Pokemon. Featuring Daidou.. errr Pangoro, Aegislash, Diancie, and Trevenant. It was a tough choice between Trevenant or Gourgeist, but the former seems more Smash appropriate to me.

Got you covered.

Thanks for the Kids WB nostalgia. I love that Hawlucha won in the end.

All these Pokémon are great, but I will have to go with the broken Aegislash for now. Who doesn't love the ghost sword and shield?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Discuss.
Eh, it wouldn't be the weirdest ban I ran into. And I'd vote for him. Eating pineapples on pizza. Or even eating pizza at all.

No matter why Ron Perlman made the choice to say "**** it, I want to run for presidency" instead.

Also,

Where's option E: Trev-

Got you covered.

Oh, there it is.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

It's Kalos time! Vote for either Delphox, Chestnaught, Yveltal, or Mucha Hawlucha.

This one's going to be good.
I'm late to the poll, but I'll give my vote to Hawlucha. It would nail the wrestling/luchador moveset really well, and if the anime is anything to go by, it has the potential for some really awesome taunts.

Also, this should be its entrance animation:

^Now THAT'S an entrance!

Glad to see Hawlucha won the poll as well.

Aegislash. Its my favorite Kalos Pokemon right after Greninja because of how amazing it is as a sweeper, and it has an amazing design for a ghostly sword.

As a side note, do you plan on adding Sylveon to the poll? Sure it isn't relevant anymore, but the Pokemon was quite promoted during generation 6 and its a pretty popular Pokemon (scored 5th place in that Japanese poll where Greninja took first place).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So the Nintendo Switch is about to come out, I wonder if they would hire a celebrity to help adverti-AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!

I would pick Aegislash of these four. It's my third favorite gen 6 Pokemon (after Chesnaught and Tyrantrum).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm late to the poll, but I'll give my vote to Hawlucha. It would nail the wrestling/luchador moveset really well, and if the anime is anything to go by, it has the potential for some really awesome taunts.

Also, this should be its entrance animation:

^Now THAT'S an entrance!

Glad to see Hawlucha won the poll as well.

Aegislash. Its my favorite Kalos Pokemon right after Greninja because of how amazing it is as a sweeper, and it has an amazing design for a ghostly sword.

As a side note, do you plan on adding Sylveon to the poll? Sure it isn't relevant anymore, but the Pokemon was quite promoted during generation 6 and its a pretty popular Pokemon (scored 5th place in that Japanese poll where Greninja took first place).
Sure thing, I'll plan on adding Sylvia in the next poll. Easily makes up for not having Eevee in the first gen ones.

I would pick Aegislash of these four. It's my third favorite gen 6 Pokemon (after Chesnaught and Tyrantrum).
Tyrantrum would be a great choice.

It's a ****ing T-Rex. Easily one of the best fossil Pokémon IMO.

You are dead to me:104:
Sorry Pumpkaboo. It was very hard.

So the Nintendo Switch is about to come out, I wonder if they would hire a celebrity to help adverti-AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!
That meme still lives?

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Can't decide between Aegislash or Pangoro.

Aegislash would have King's Shield as a neutral special, which would reflect projectiles and switch it into its slower and heavier shield form. Using any attack would switch it to its sword form.

Pangoro would be a midweight focused on power.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Gordon Ramsay got named as the official Chef of the Daytona 500.

They should have named it Grand Marshal instead: "Okay you donkeys, start your ****ing engines"

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm here because I heard some people talking some serious **** about Pineapple Pizza.

Let it be known that those who berate the magnificence that is Pineapple Pizza will incur the wrath of Ura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom