• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
THE SHOW SAYS HE'S EMBARRASSED OF HIS BODY
Not trying to discredit trans Marco, but it didn't seem like he was ashamed of his 30 year old body, he even refers to it as his "hot bod". From the scene where he returned to Earth's dimension it seemed like he was ashamed of his featureless 14 year old body.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not trying to discredit trans Marco, but it didn't seem like he was ashamed of his 30 year old body, he even refers to it as his "hot bod". From the scene where he returned to Earth's dimension it seemed like he was ashamed of his featureless 14 year old body.
Man, this cartoon sounds wild

D

Deleted member

Oh I do I just went into the Ilima tag for pictures of him when he showed up and there they were lol

I got my pictures in the end anyway lol but I got called Transphobic, pff, for calling Ilima a dude, ya know the ones that say " Dont judge people by looks" judged a character by his looks. Funny, isnt it?

But I ignored them because all that mattered to me was getting pictures of him
You need to look for better fandoms then
I follow mostly the EO and BSD fandoms(and subsequentially, YoI and Voltron, god, I'm so tired of Voltron posts) and they're all civil.
Like, do you know what it feels like to have a fandom where the fans DON'T kill each other to discuss what's the best game im the series? Because it's great.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Tumblr is mostly art and memes from what I've seen. Then again, I guess it depends because facebook for me is pretty much the exact same thing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Am I the only one that thinks Marco could suffer more identity issues then being trans?

It makes sense for his age (around the time kids try to find their identity), plus he still acts manly and wants to be man (Stuff like karate, his love for action movies, love interest, etc). He may just not know which to be like, which is when this stuff occurs.

Perhaps it even relates to him not being the center of attention by his parents. They always flock to the foreign exchange students they had, and leave Marco to do his own thing.

I don't know, just something that dawned on me. Either way, these two theories both make sense.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I realized that I missed a Steven Universe episode before Storm in the Room. Gonna have to watch that. This week's looks like it could be pretty funny. I have a feeling Renaydo will become a bigger character as the show goes on.
Whatever happened with that evil clown epidemic?
They went back to space.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tumblr is mostly art and memes from what I've seen. Then again, I guess it depends because facebook for me is pretty much the exact same thing.
And don't forget the gloriousness that is Twitter.

Which reminds me, I got to wrap things up and move on. Be right back.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
What is your most anticipated game of 2017 and why?
Sonic Mania
Super Mario Odyssey
Splatoon 2
Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy

Project Sonic 2017 may join that list, but I'm waiting to see gameplay first (even though I have a feeling it's Generations 2 in all but name).

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I dont care about the cartoon because I saw this with Ilima
.....Sun and Moon's Ilima, or is there another in soem fictional universe I didn't know of?
Tbh, until I actually played sun and moon I couldn't tell what gender Ilima was......
Star vs is a very popular show, and from what I've seen, it looks really good. If the creators wanted this to happen, good job for doing so!
That's my 2 cents on the matter.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You need to look for better fandoms then
I follow mostly the EO and BSD fandoms(and subsequentially, YoI and Voltron, god, I'm so tired of Voltron posts) and they're all civil.
Like, do you know what it feels like to have a fandom where the fans DON'T kill each other to discuss what's the best game im the series? Because it's great.
I dont even care about the pokemon fandom, I just wanted pictures, the other things Im in are fine pff. The YoI fandom is ****ing great
.....Sun and Moon's Ilima, or is there another in soem fictional universe I didn't know of?
Tbh, until I actually played sun and moon I couldn't tell what gender Ilima was......
Star vs is a very popular show, and from what I've seen, it looks really good. If the creators wanted this to happen, good job for doing so!
That's my 2 cents on the matter.
SuMos Ilima.
Unless there are more Ilimas then Nagisas in anime that I missed:053:

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Since a lot of people seem to be doing this, here are my most anticipated games of 2017 (In no particular order):
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Crash Bandicoot: N Sane Trilogy
  • Splatoon 2
  • Fire Emblem Echoes
  • KH 1.5 + 2.5
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one that thinks Marco could suffer more identity issues then being trans?

It makes sense for his age (around the time kids try to find their identity), plus he still acts manly and wants to be man (Stuff like karate, his love for action movies, love interest, etc). He may just not know which to be like, which is when this stuff occurs.

Perhaps it even relates to him not being the center of attention by his parents. They always flock to the foreign exchange students they had, and leave Marco to do his own thing.

I don't know, just something that dawned on me. Either way, these two theories both make sense.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I realized that I missed a Steven Universe episode before Storm in the Room. Gonna have to watch that. This week's looks like it could be pretty funny. I have a feeling Renaydo will become a bigger character as the show goes on.

They went back to space.
It could also be that but the show has hinted at the gender dysphoria, and heavily at it
I don't see how the "acting manly" or the activities she does means she "wants to be a man".
And if you wanna go that logic route, there's the ballet shoes, their wallet, etc etc.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
Didn't Marco have to suffer the princess conditioning in a previous episode? I always thought that was the reason behind all his girly mannerisms since he never really got it cured.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It could also be that but the show has hinted at the gender dysphoria, and heavily at it
I don't see how the "acting manly" or the activities she does means she "wants to be a man".
And if you wanna go that logic route, there's the ballet shoes, their wallet, etc etc.
True, like I said, Marcos got stuff that goes with both genders, making it hard to say which its meant to be their "true" gender identity I suppose.

As for the wallet, Marco's got that sweet skull wallet that can somehow be hacked by regular people on earth lol.

D

Deleted member

I remember when I saw Illima and said that he was a guy, yet people corrected me saying me saying that he was a girl. My bishonen senses were correct. :p

D

Deleted member

True, like I said, Marcos got stuff that goes with both genders, making it hard to say which its meant to be their "true" gender identity I suppose.

As for the wallet, Marco's got that sweet skull wallet that can somehow be hacked by regular people on earth lol.
But the stuff he's got isn't what determines his gender
Like c'mon guys, we're way over gendering objects
I remember when I saw Illima and said that he was a guy, yet people corrected me saying me saying that he was a girl. My bishonen senses were correct. :p
My first guess was male but people were saying Serebii confirmed he was a girl
And you know what it means when Serebii confirms something

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm baaaaaaaack. And this leaves us with this last Gen 6 poll that will run until the morning. Your last chocies include Sylveon, Goodra, Tyrantrum (I'm the mother****ing T-Rex), and Cthulu Malamar.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Tomorrow we shall cover Generation 7 (Alola) and that will be all for the Pokemon themselves. Thursday will be playable humans. But these won't be trainers, but humans that may have combat experience, psychokinesis, and other abilities to fight.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I just called him androgynous tell it said he's a guy.
I really don't get how the Rotomdex can think he's dreamy......

I'm baaaaaaaack. And this leaves us with this last Gen 6 poll that will run until the morning. Your last chocies include Sylveon, Goodra, Tyrantrum (I'm the mother****ing T-Rex), and Cthulu Malamar.

Tomorrow we shall cover Generation 7 (Alola) and that will be all for the Pokemon themselves. Thursday will be playable humans. But these won't be trainers, but humans that may have combat experience, psychokinesis, and other abilities to fight.
It appears I missed the other two Kalos polls, who won them?
I guess I'll vote Tyrantrum.....probably the oen I dislike least out of four I don't really like. But a dino's a dino.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

In other words, it's Cthulu vs a T-Rex vs Fairy Doggie vs Goo Dragon.

I know which one I would pick of these four. :troll:

Don't forget about Buzzwole for Alola. He is too beast to be forgotten about.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It appears I missed the other two Kalos polls, who won them?
I guess I'll vote Tyrantrum.....probably the oen I dislike least out of four I don't really like. But a dino's a dino.
The first one was Hawlucha and Aegislash won the last one. They are still open if you like. But I close them early because of school stuff.

Good choice. A dino can never disappoint.

And yes Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , I won't forget Buzzwole. But I will mainly focus on the starters and Akala Island mon first.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But the stuff he's got isn't what determines his gender
Like c'mon guys, we're way over gendering objects

I never said that... I just said the traits associated/stereotypes for each gender are there.

D

Deleted member

I just called him androgynous tell it said he's a guy.
I really don't get how the Rotomdex can think he's dreamy......
Because the Rotomdex is more of a person than pokemon, for some reason. :p Maybe ghost pokemon are just dead people.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
NeoGaf is claiming Breath of the Wild (Wii U version) has been leaked.

For those who want no spoilers, be ready to run to your bunkers and bury your heads in the sand.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

For those who want no spoilers, be ready to run to your bunkers and bury your heads in the sand.
With all its lag, we'll have until the game releases officially before spoilers
:p

Im surprised it took this long with the switch stuff already getting sent out.

Well time to stop looking at the internet for 6 months.
oh wait that isnt happening

:061:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I'll probably be watching the whole time.

Is this what it's like to stare into the sun? To be blinded by the light of things man was not meant to know?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I think I just cracked the plot twist in Breath of the Wild....

Holy poop, if I'm right then...

Please be right. I want to say I told you so.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know not ALL of us are in the SG discord. :p

People are going to ask what you mean
:061:
That's the point.

I might be a little too excited.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Hmm... If spoilers might be cropping up, then it's likely I might need to stay selective about which sites to visit and avoid them as much as I can (AKA save as much of my life from the parasite that is TVTropes) and avoid any spoiler tags that pop up here. I guess it's time to go back to a title that's been out for a while that it's not such a secret to everyone; Twilight Princess. My goal is to finish the game just before the Switch's launch, and given that I'm up to the Lakebed Temple, I should probably reach that goal provided Nioh doesn't take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom