• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

erick gm14

Smash Ace
erick.......your gay....
blagh no.. well, i dont play this game often to care for rankings but if Doom is calling me inconsistent then let him be ignorant. like i said dates should be accounted for now, i didnt lose to unranks after my win against atomsk n kai, thus ive gotten far better.

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
blagh No.. Well, I Dont Play This Game Often To Care For Rankings But If Doom Is Calling Me Inconsistent Then Let Him Be Ignorant. Like I Said Dates Should Be Accounted For Now, I Didnt Lose To Unranks After My Win Against Atomsk N Kai, Thus Ive Gotten Far Better. And Where U At Brandon??? No Honorary Mention??****n Son, Swoosh!
Cuz Id Get A Thousand Hugs

From Ten Thousand Lightning Bugs

As They Tried To Teach Me How To Dance

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
i lost to Jtails and wes the tourney b4 Kosha Boy. i put my losses in order. so i didnt lose to unranked players after BUMS. after kosha boy i lost to candy, shadow, aadhd, and kelvin. eat a ****.

EDIT: Doom is ignorant now, maybe DATES should partake in wins/loses.
And...my losses to Tyrell and Nairo were at the tournament two weeks BEFORE you lost to Jtails and Wes.

10/3: Green Ace, Darc

10/24: Nairo, Tyrell

11/28: Pat G, Ally

12/5: Atomsk, JG Wentworth, Kai (MM)

12/6: Inui, PRiDE

I lost to PRiDE and Tyrell as Falco.

How the **** am I being ignorant? I didn't lose to unranked players after Viridian City, by far my worst day of Smash EVER (you had a bad day at Bum's too) with the exception of PRiDE, who I used a secondary against. My two bad losses came BEFORE yours. What are you trying to say?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Guys the drama isn't worth it. Just say what you want to say without sounding angry.

Max you didn't use MK vs Pride?

Max Ketchum

No, I didn't. I also lost as Snake vs. Green Ace, if anyone wants to make more Yoshi comments.

The only reason there are any words of discontent in my post is because Kid blatantly called me ignorant in his. Saying somebody is inconsistent isn't a personal insult.

erick gm14

Smash Ace
doom, u call me inconsistent, if i was, i woulda lost to vajaj, and bs chung at daishos AFTER kosha boys where i beat atomsk and kai. but i didnt lose to them, i won, no hate on them, they were good, but after i beat them 2 ive lost to only highly ranked ppl like shadow, candy, adhd, and kelvin.

ignorant isnt an insult, its just not knowing something. if u took it as an insult my fault.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
doom, u call me inconsistent, if i was, i woulda lost to vajaj, and bs chung at daishos AFTER kosha boys where i beat atomsk and kai. but i didnt lose to them, i won, no hate on them, they were good, but after i beat them 2 ive lost to only highly ranked ppl like shadow, candy, adhd, and kelvin.

ignorant isnt an insult, its just not knowing something. if u took it as an insult my fault.
Dude you're kinda being a little too sensitive. It's just his opinion, doesn't mean it's necessarily true.

No, I didn't. I also lost as Snake vs. Green Ace, if anyone wants to make more Yoshi comments.

The only reason there are any words of discontent in my post is because Kid blatantly called me ignorant in his. Saying somebody is inconsistent isn't a personal insult.
I haaaaaaate Snake vs Yoshi. It's the most annoying thing ever. It's borderline Diddy annoying but thankfully Wolf ***** Yoshi.

Max Ketchum

So I guess Pat G, Ally, Inui, Kai and Atomsk aren't highly ranked? I lost to 5th, 1st, 5th, and 3rd at the tournaments that I lost to them at.

VaJaJ and bschung aren't on the same level as JG. Beating players that you're noticeably better than is different than losing to players that you're close to in skill level. PRiDE is my worst loss after Nairo and Tyrell and I wasn't even using Meta Knight.

I'm not trying to insult you by calling you inconsistent at all. Pierce is inconsistent, he acknowledges this. Just because he doesn't lose to players that he's noticeably better than doesn't mean it isn't true. He lost to Vex and ADHD this weekend. Not at all bad losses. I acknowledge my inconsistency. It's something that can be worked on, it isn't a personality trait. You definitely stepped it up in your last tournament of the season, but not having bad losses two times doesn't prove that you're a consistent player.

Edit: Btw, I do agree with Inui. You ARE more consistent than me.

Gunblade789

Smash Ace

dont worry doom. besides DDD I suck really bad vs Yoshi. Pride almost three stocked my Snake game 2 at kosha and I had to go meta.....and he tripped 37 times

ignorance: (n.) The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed

just felt like putting that. =]

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Alright, I'll speak briefly. I didn't read everything, but I pretty much read everything since me vs. Nairo.

Two wins on ADHD are better than anything I've done this season. I have Lain, Zucco, Xzax, Pyronic Star, Infern, mad amounts of OH players.

Zucco, me, and Inui were close, but they both surpassed me at Kosha boy, since I was on my all Falco kick for the exp, which was more important than the ranks.

Zucco slacked off towards the end of the season at the end, but his accomplishments at BRII, topped off by his win on Meep slots him above me, even with the head to head I think.

Cable beat a whole bunch of players, including me. He should probably be ranked above me. Nairo should probably also be ranked above me. While I agree that the wins on ADHD were extremely fluky, I feel that we MUST give it the green light because it was TWO consective sets. We can't say, "Oh, Nairo just beat ADHD off luck that time." when he knocks him into losers and then out of the tourney.

I've always been a better player than many of the people ranked above me, but rankings are about performance, not just raw skill, and as an inconsistent player, my rankings should be reflected as such.

However, I'm very interested to know why Kai should be ranked above me.

Lastly, I apologize about not being here yesterday. I was not home yesterday evening.

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
I think Doom is a pretty good metaknight, and kid is a pretty good falco! In fact, I think a lot of NJ is pretty good!!

We should all just make a "pretty good and often underrated" crew. It doesn't even have to be a Brawl crew it can just be a "life" crew. This way there's no "oh well I can't be in two crews at once" dilemmas.

Seriously guys I think sometimes I have the best ideas.

Max Ketchum

I think Doom is a pretty good metaknight, and kid is a pretty good falco! In fact, I think a lot of NJ is pretty good!!

We should all just make a "pretty good and often underrated" crew. It doesn't even have to be a Brawl crew it can just be a "life" crew. This way there's no "oh well I can't be in two crews at once" dilemmas.

Seriously guys I think sometimes I have the best ideas.
Lmao, this guy.

erick gm14

Smash Ace
So I guess Pat G, Ally, Inui, Kai and Atomsk aren't highly ranked? I lost to 5th, 1st, 5th, and 3rd at the tournaments that I lost to them at.

VaJaJ and bschung aren't on the same level as JG. Beating players that you're noticeably better than is different than losing to players that you're close to in skill level. PRiDE is my worst loss after Nairo and Tyrell and I wasn't even using Meta Knight.

I'm not trying to insult you by calling you inconsistent at all. Pierce is inconsistent, he acknowledges this. Just because he doesn't lose to players that he's noticeably better than doesn't mean it isn't true. He lost to Vex and ADHD this weekend. Not at all bad losses. I acknowledge my inconsistency. It's something that can be worked on, it isn't a personality trait. You definitely stepped it up in your last tournament of the season, but not having bad losses two times doesn't prove that you're a consistent player.

Edit: Btw, I do agree with Inui. You ARE more consistent than me.
ok sorry if i blew this out of proportions, im havin a bad day :mad: thnx for the credit towards me. youll play better/consistent also.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
ahem

ksizzle vs atomsk

i got screwed out of it last season. i dont want it happening again. discuss this already

inb4inuisays"whatistheretodiscuss?"

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
ahem

ksizzle vs atomsk

i got screwed out of it last season. i dont want it happening again. discuss this already
I'll discuss it Ksizzle,

WITH MY "PRETTY GOOD AND OFTEN UNDERRATED" UNOFFICIAL ROSTER:

Roster:
Ksizzle
Doom
Kid
Orion
Cable
EmuKiller
Bleachigo
iKon
Pierce7d
GunBlade (he's our anchor underrated player!)
EDIT: AND NAIRO

I'd say we have a pretty solid crew, you guys!

erick gm14

Smash Ace
I'll discuss it Ksizzle,

Roster:
Ksizzle
Doom
Kid
Orion
Cable
EmuKiller
Bleachigo
iKon
Pierce7d
GunBlade

lol swr+ZB+EC= Emu's imagination!!

Only character in the game that can't punish Wolf's Fsmash on block. Hilarious.
ROFLL!!!!

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Alright, I'll speak briefly. I didn't read everything, but I pretty much read everything since me vs. Nairo.

Two wins on ADHD are better than anything I've done this season. I have Lain, Zucco, Xzax, Pyronic Star, Infern, mad amounts of OH players.

Zucco, me, and Inui were close, but they both surpassed me at Kosha boy, since I was on my all Falco kick for the exp, which was more important than the ranks.

Zucco slacked off towards the end of the season at the end, but his accomplishments at BRII, topped off by his win on Meep slots him above me, even with the head to head I think.

Cable beat a whole bunch of players, including me. He should probably be ranked above me. Nairo should probably also be ranked above me. While I agree that the wins on ADHD were extremely fluky, I feel that we MUST give it the green light because it was TWO consective sets. We can't say, "Oh, Nairo just beat ADHD off luck that time." when he knocks him into losers and then out of the tourney.

I've always been a better player than many of the people ranked above me, but rankings are about performance, not just raw skill, and as an inconsistent player, my rankings should be reflected as such.

Lastly, I apologize about not being here yesterday. I was not home yesterday evening.
I love you too.

Max Ketchum

Oh, right. I keep forgetting to bring this up.

Atomsk's win over ksizzle is on ksizzle's Snake, a secondary with 0 accomplishments aside from two total matches off of NinjaLink and a set off Inui last season, who would probably lose to my cat's Snake (lol <3 Inui).

I don't think that this win will tip the scales because Atomsk's win list is much bigger from his higher activity, but it is worth noting that Kelvin didn't lose as his much-more-accomplished main character. However, the lack of activity on ksizzle's part proves that his individual skill is enormous enough that he can stop attending tournaments frequently, yet return and take out the big names that he did.

Also note that this affects Cable's win over ksizzle because ksizzle lost as Snake here as well, but it probably is not enough to push Kai above Cable.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

It's nice to finally have your input.

I wasn't home either! :p

ahem

ksizzle vs atomsk

When I lined up your wins next to Trevor's, the panel immediately said it was one-sided in Trevor's favor. Not even kidding. He did way too much towards the end of the season to make up for MD/VA and Kosha Boy, and he scored big MM wins in Meep and NEO.

Singles:
1. ADHD (Diddy Kong)
2. Atomsk (Dedede/Ice Climbers/Meta Knight/Wolf)
3. ksizzle (Meta Knight/Snake/Lucario)
4. Inui (Meta Knight/Snake/Ike)
5. Zucco (Lucario)
6. MalcolmM (Wario)
7. Cable (Donkey Kong)
8. Kai (Sonic/Diddy Kong)
9. Nairo (Meta Knight)
10. Pierce7d (Marth)

^ This seems very agreed upon. Right? Kai is above Pierce and Nairo because he racks up big MM wins a lot. For instance, he beat HAT and TakeOver at Kosha Boy.

11. Doom (Meta Knight)
12. Kid (Falco)
13. Keitaro (Falco)
14. Seph (Meta Knight)
15. JG Wentworth (Meta Knight/R.O.B.)

^ This seems to be causing some issues right now. Well, not really 14 and 15, but the three above them. I think the current order is not a reflection of skill. Keitaro is actually 9th or 10th in NJ skillwise, but his performance this season wasn't so hot due to his poor activity. I really do think both Kid and Doom did better than him this season. Doom has a lot more wins than Kid and probably should be higher.

-----------------------------------------

Doubles:
1. Inui
2. Atomsk
3. ADHD
4. MalcolmM
5. Zucco
6. ksizzle
7. Doom
8. Pierce
9. dmbrandon
10. Keitaro

Talented but unranked players due to inactivity or barely missing the list:
-teh_spamerer (Meta Knight)
-RyokoYaksa (Zelda/Sheik)
-Eazy (Marth/Falco/Sheik/Toon Link)
-dmbrandon (Meta Knight)
-Bleachigo (Falco)
-PRiDE (Yoshi)
-iKon (Snake/Ice Climbers/Meta Knight)
-Orion (Meta Knight/Falco)
-Ether (Snake/Wolf)

^ Is all of this fine? Pierce isn't that high because his only really good performances were with the two best players in the entire world, which doesn't really mean that much. Doom teamed with much worse players than that and still did really well overall this season, and scored some nice wins at KTAR. Doom basically loses to me and Atomsk at every tournament, so he's kinda cursed. ksizzle made a good case to put Zucco above him, so there yah go. It's really close between me and Atomsk, but I got some good Texas wins and ***** with Zucco while he did well without me when he was with Ally. I'm more compatible with more players, I think. ADHD has stepped up his doubles game massively and did well even without Ally. MalcolmM *****.

Amazing.

lol ewwwww.

on a side note, this is amazing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDWJFMXOY88
More amazing.

I know you're not referring to me. Not to sound like a jerk, but I sandbag you and still wind up beating you badly.

If this is not about me, then you're lying. Everything is about me.

ahem

ksizzle vs atomsk

inb4inuisays"whatistheretodiscuss?"
You both constantly act like ***s and quit. Honestly, I'm more afraid to fight Atomsk, just because I suck the only **** against d3, but it's pretty ****ing obvious you're better. Anyone who thinks otherwise is pretty much an idiot.

I'll discuss it Ksizzle,

Roster:
Ksizzle
Doom
Kid
Orion
Cable
EmuKiller
Bleachigo
iKon
Pierce7d
GunBlade (he's our anchor underrated player!)
EDIT: AND NAIRO

wtj cool crew :(

Oh, right. I keep forgetting to bring this up.

Atomsk's win over ksizzle is on ksizzle's Snake, a secondary with 0 accomplishments aside from two total matches off of NinjaLink and a set off Inui last season, who would probably lose to my cat's Snake (lol <3 Inui).

I don't think that this win will tip the scales because Atomsk's win list is much bigger from his higher activity, but it is worth noting that Kelvin didn't lose as his much-more-accomplished main character. However, the lack of activity on ksizzle's part proves that his individual skill is enormous enough that he can stop attending tournaments frequently, yet return and take out the big names that he did.

Also note that this affects Cable's win over ksizzle because ksizzle lost as Snake here as well, but it probably is not enough to push Kai above Cable.
Two things:

1. Sizzzlin's Snake is an orphan. That guy has no chance to be a superstar.

2. Sizzle sandbagged cable, imo. He knows the match too well.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
@ Inui :

stop contradicting yourself. the only reason you were ranked above me in doubles seasons ago was because you said you won a tournament. you had m2k.

also this is effing gay. i bet if i were spam and entered 3 events and got these wins like ally and stuff, id be 2nd in a heartbeat but why arent i? its because im ksizzle and not teh_spamerer. and everyone can agree with me here except you

why do i care so much about being 2nd this season in particular? cuz im tired of seeing his name above me and it not being an accurate depiction of nj's bets players. im better. not trolling or anything. this is what i feel and i deserve that 2nd spot.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I know you're not referring to me. Not to sound like a jerk, but I sandbag you and still wind up beating you badly.

If this is not about me, then you're lying. Everything is about me.
Dan is better than you. Your risky style gets you ***** sometimes and you SD too much.

You both constantly act like ***s and quit. Honestly, I'm more afraid to fight Atomsk, just because I suck the only **** against d3, but it's pretty ****ing obvious you're better. Anyone who thinks otherwise is pretty much an idiot.
Atomsk is better.

@ Inui :

stop contradicting yourself. the only reason you were ranked above me in doubles seasons ago was because you said you won a tournament. you had m2k.
Nah, I was, am, and forever will be ranked above you in doubles because I'm better in doubles and care significantly more about it than you do. I train in doubles a lot and care a lot and think about it a lot.

also this is effing gay. i bet if i were spam and entered 3 events and got these wins like ally and stuff, id be 2nd in a heartbeat but why arent i? its because im ksizzle and not teh_spamerer. and everyone can agree with me here except you

why do i care so much about being 2nd this season in particular? cuz im tired of seeing his name above me and it not being an accurate depiction of nj's bets players. im better. not trolling or anything. this is what i feel and i deserve that 2nd spot.
Nope. You have Ally. That's nice. Atomsk has ADHD x 2, something you can't do at all and probably never will considering your attitude about fighting Diddy Kong and Wyatt. Atomsk's number of amazing wins dwarfs yours. Your best win is Ally. After that, it's MalcolmM or NinjaLink, no? Well, that's cool. Atomsk has NEO, Shadow, and Meep, three players better than them.

I could go on.

Atomsk > you.

Max Ketchum

Skillwise, I believe ksizzle > Atomsk. Not by an enormous margin, but I do think he is better.

Atomsk's tournament performance this season was phenomenal, though. As much as I'd like to argue for a very close friend, it just doesn't seem likely to happen. I hope Kelvin learned from his inactivity (because we all know that he'd **** **** if he attended something) and will come back this season and ****.

Edit: ****.

Top Bottom