• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
So I may quit MVC3 by the end of the week because of characters like Hulk and Sentinel doing the same damage as my 25 hit combo with only 6 hits.

Pride quit after 2 days. I feel bad for any future bfs he has cause he's so unstable!!

Zucco

Smash Master
Sents good but its not like you are going to lose against him just because hes sent. Everyone says hes pretty easy to use though, which I can kinda see.

HULK? ***** NOBODY SHOULD QUIT BECAUSE OF HULK.

Keitaro

Have you played a Hulk online? A decent one? His smash attack thing that hits downward has super armor, once that hits, he can launch you into a 3 to 4 hit air combo into earthquake special. That's about 50% health on Zero. If I don't switch out, chances are I'll die if he does that combo once more.

I bring in Amaterasu, I try to attack, SMASH! launch 4 hit combo special blam!! Half health gone on the dog now! If I brought in an assist than more than half half gone from him.

Aight I got this, so I attack, blam boo bahhh!! 25 hit combo!! Less than 50% health gone from Hulk?? WTF!!

Seriously, you haven't fought a good Hulk yet if you can't see why I'm complaining. They're getting more common online daily.

I will say that one of the reasons I have a problem with him is that I can't do a special after I combo with Zero. Working on that. Also if I camp I might have better outcomes but F camping.

Zucco

Smash Master
Ive played some hulks but I wouldnt know if they are good. honestly if you see his super armor moves coming just read and punish, or at least pushblock to get him off. if metaknight was approching with tornado you wouldnt let him just hit you right? Both of your characters you mentioned also have crap health, and arent strong characters unless you really pump out the combos(ammy and zero are both very good), plus hulk has 1,250,000 health I believe, which is tied for second highest in the game.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Atomsk do you have any good info on my pool?

Edit: for the MVC 3 players I am buying it soon. Is Amaterasu/ Dante/ Zero a good team? How about Chris Redfield/ Chun Li/ Felicia ;)

Real talk someone take me as their disciple! This is gonna be my first time playing a MVC game so I am a super scrub.

Keitaro

You're right, I'm probably just being too agressive. It works on most players but I shouldn't try it on a character with super armor.

@ Nakat: My main team atm is Zero/Ammy/Dante lol! Its pretty good but as you can see Hulk and Sentinel are nearly 100% of my online ranked losses.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Keit all your characters have below average health, so if you get hit by Hulk or Sent you're dead, but you can easily combo too. Also camping is good.

Nakat, Hulk is, was, and forever will be crap.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I have 2 teams

C viper, Morrigan, Phoenix

Spencer, Trish, Dormammu

I hear it's not fun to fight me.

God i wish they would fix online. This game would perfect if it had the ssf4 system.

oh and keitaro, hulk sucks. learn to push block. Hulk can't get in on both of my teams so yeah.

Keitaro

Man I hate having to camp :/

Inb4saystheFalcomain

Also does anyone know where to buy white controllers? I got 2 from playasia.com in the past but I can't find it on the website anymore.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Keit - best bet is going to Video Games NY in nyc it has old controllers and new white ones.

that or EBAY it up

Getting MVC3 today...probably gonna enjoy it with cristin online then go back to playing SSF4 as I await AE

Keitaro

These are all the players registered for Brawl at Pound 5 from NJ/NYC/LI/Philly area.

Chibo
Inferno
Inui
Anti
Mew2King
ADHD
Cheese
Will
Ebo
Vex Kasrani
Squall
KingToon
Nasty
Pane
Shippo
Kirin
PD
Atomsk
Malcolm
Smurf
Pwii
Velocity
Nakat
Pierce
Cable

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I have 2 teams

C viper, Morrigan, Phoenix

Spencer, Trish, Dormammu

I hear it's not fun to fight me.

God i wish they would fix online. This game would perfect if it had the ssf4 system.

oh and keitaro, hulk sucks. learn to push block. Hulk can't get in on both of my teams so yeah.
What's push block? Also I'm bad at figuring things out on my own so I have questions:

1. How do you change partners while comboing? My friend did it to me a lot and that's why I lost.
2. How do you advance guard?

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
@Keitaro: Cable can't go anymore. Hasn't announced it but has money issues so not going.

@ Inferno: Push block is advanced guarding. When you're blocking an attack, press any 2 of the 3 attack buttons at the same time and you'll advance guard. If they're on you it will push them back off you and will also reduce chip damage.

When doing an aerial combo, press the launch button and any of the 4 of up down left right and it will do the team combo. However, if you're opponent also hits the same direction you pressed, a team aerial counter will happen and you will be blasted across the screen while you're opponent is unharmed.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
These are all the players registered for Brawl at Pound 5 from NJ/NYC/LI/Philly area.

Chibo
Inferno
Inui
Anti
Mew2King
ADHD
Cheese
Will
Ebo
Vex Kasrani
Squall
KingToon
Nasty

Pane
Shippo
Kirin
PD
Atomsk
Malcolm
Smurf
Pwii
Velocity
Nakat
Pierce
Cable
THlS IS THE NJ/NYC/LI THREAD NOT THE TRISTATE THREAD!

Keitaro

You right Chibo :0

@ Ksizzle: To stop the air combo do I have to just have to guess the right direction or do I also have to press the launch button and guess the right direction.

Also I wasn't feeling that last bleach episode
imo Ichigo should have just not used that stupid form that makes him lose his powers. It already seemed like he can beat Aizen without. Plus his move, as anyone would have guessed, did not kill Aizen.

I liked the 2 episodes before much more, especially the Gin episode. Saw it 5 times already.

AllyKnight

Yo keitaro, if you end up buying controllers, can you buy either 1 or 2 more? I'm lazy and don't wanna buy em at the moment cause of some dumb reason. If you do. I'll give you the money at Pound 5. I'd help with the shipping. If not it's okay.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
You right Chibo :0

@ Ksizzle: To stop the air combo do I have to just have to guess the right direction or do I also have to press the launch button and guess the right direction.

Also I wasn't feeling that last bleach episode
imo Ichigo should have just not used that stupid form that makes him lose his powers. It already seemed like he can beat Aizen without. Plus his move, as anyone would have guessed, did not kill Aizen.

I liked the 2 episodes before much more, especially the Gin episode. Saw it 5 times already.
Just press the direction and that's it. No launch button needed.

As for bleach,
Nah Ichigo couldn't beat Aizen with it. As long as Aizen had the hogyoku, he was as broken as can be. He needed to do the final getsuga in order to weaken aizen enough so that the hogyouku would abandon aizen, otherwise ichigo wouldve kept slashing at a regenerating aizen forever. You'll see Aizen in the next ep, also the last convo urahara and aizen had, its supposed to be pretty damn important and mysterious so make sure to remember that, nothing about it has happened in the manga yet.

the gin episodes were great too.

Keitaro

Hmm, super saiyan shipping you say? Thanks for this btw.
Yo keitaro, if you end up buying controllers, can you buy either 1 or 2 more? I'm lazy and don't wanna buy em at the moment cause of some dumb reason. If you do. I'll give you the money at Pound 5. I'd help with the shipping. If not it's okay.
Sadly I won't be attending Pound :( my brother's and father's birthdays this weekend.

Just press the direction and that's it. No launch button needed.

As for bleach,
Nah Ichigo couldn't beat Aizen with it. As long as Aizen had the hogyoku, he was as broken as can be. He needed to do the final getsuga in order to weaken aizen enough so that the hogyouku would abandon aizen, otherwise ichigo wouldve kept slashing at a regenerating aizen forever. You'll see Aizen in the next ep, also the last convo urahara and aizen had, its supposed to be pretty damn important and mysterious so make sure to remember that, nothing about it has happened in the manga yet.

the gin episodes were great too.
That sounds very interesting! I look forward to it but I was soooo hoping that one of the 2 forever lasting shows would actually end soon (Bleach, Naruto). Started Naruto anime in 2001.... :urg:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I don't think Bleach should've gone past Aizen. Writing for 9 more years is just dumb. It's like Naruto becoming the Hokage and then adding tons of things that shouldn't be in.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Just a heads up bleach is continuing for 9 more years. Naruto will probly end in 2-3 years.
This sounds mad troll, but pretty accurate.

I really thought they would have stopped after the
Aizen incarceration
. But no, they somehow pulled another storyline out their ***.

Naruto is ending soon enough though. They can't really do much past this.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Magneto is pretty solid. His assist also help's setup up for X-23's command grab. (She's sooooooo good.)

Also I just noticed that you can't infinite off a double snap-back. I IS MAD.

Top Bottom