• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Tbh, with the exception of Pound(for those who are going), it doesn't look like anything is happening till late March
ahh
Good to hear from ya dude.

Sunday tournies :p nah. Heavy Garbage and I got a lil something but its in the end of march: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297291

NJ/NY is complete *** this month in terms of tournies. I feel like Pound is affecting this since no one wants to host close to it.

lol thanks

Keitaro

Zucco, I just got my $80 dollar refund for MVC3 at gamestop. Bout to buy the game from a place in Perth Amboy that Heavy Garbage told me about.

Keitaro

I don't like zero to deathing people either honestly. I like to do near 50% damage but not 0 to deaths.

Hope there aren't any easy infinites in this game.

Keitaro

:confused: I thought MVC3 was coming out in three days
Some stores illegally put the game out before the street date (Tuesday). Zucco, dmbrandon, Pride, Heavy Garbage, ksizzle, mib, Phillyrider, Chenlicha, myself, and a couple others I know have it already.

Keitaro

You didn't find a ride yet???

Someone help my boy out!!

Also you should speak to Kaylo. A big group of UFB members were going but they consistently flake as some already did so there may be open spots.

Zucco

Smash Master
Zucco, you try out joe yet?
I didnt enjoy joe like I thought I would. slow *** walk speed and I had trouble approaching keepaway, plus his combos arent noob friendly, so I couldnt just pick him up and play right away.

maybe joe can wavedash? I dont know, I didnt even know wavedashing was in this game when I tried him out.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Project M is kinda fun. I was raging ****ing HARD until I turned buffer on, though...WD timing is stupidly inaccurate on 0 buffer.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i hate playing with any buffer

actually i'd prob enjoy jiggs a lot more with buffer
but atm im playing with 0, wavedashing feels great to me

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Oh hey. So, wondering if I'm mad late on this: was anyone else aware you could use RealPlayer to save streaming video from pretty much ANY Flash player to your computer? I think it gave me the option to do it from a banner ad a little earlier, even... o_O

Edit: Yeah, works on those too. Nice.

shanus

Smash Hero
WDing is actually slightly easier than melee as landing detection allows you to land earlier, so imperfect WDs are far more successful. Additionally, the higher joystick values make for diagonals providing more power than melee as well, so, really, if anything, WDs should feel smoother than melee.

Buffer is understandable online, though.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I barely wavedash in melee so it never bothered me :laugh: It felt fine when I did it. Not in the demo though. 14 characters isnt enough.

AllyKnight

ROFL at them.

I played project M last night, it's MEH.

Totally don't feel like Melee. Game is like Brawl with 2x Speed with a few changes like WD, Lcancel, hitstun. it feels like A speed UP Brawl + for real.

oh hey I can have tap button off, nice LOL.

But overall the game isn't even that fun. I went back to practice my Diddy MU, that's way more fun.

ADHD

Smash Hero
ROFL at them.

I played project M last night, it's MEH.

Totally don't feel like Melee. Game is like Brawl with 2x Speed with a few changes like WD, Lcancel, hitstun. it feels like A speed UP Brawl + for real.

oh hey I can have tap button off, nice LOL.

But overall the game isn't even that fun. I went back to practice my Diddy MU, that's way more fun.
There is no hope for you or Moose2king.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I agree that it doesn't feel like real Melee. I like the game anyway, but I have a feeling they're going to ruin it trying to make it more like Melee instead of the cool in-between it's at now.

Wavedashing definitely is not the same as it is in Melee on 0 buffer. No way in hell. The timing is much slower, and extremely awkward.

Top Bottom