• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Disassemble!: Overswarm's instruction manual for ROB

Status
Not open for further replies.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
hey what does the yellow for lucario mean? i couldn't figure that out..

also do the match up for lucario next. :D
i lost to a lucario at a recent tournament because i wasn't sure what i should do since it was the first time having to face a decent one. :dizzy:

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
well either i've gone crazy because i don't see it anymore or it was removed...

it was under Character list for matchups.. :dizzy:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'd like to see one of ROB's harder match ups next. So far we've had 2 easy's and 1 average.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think I'll hit Lucario next.

Btw, MachineGunNorm is a pretty good ROB (even beat me in a ROB ditto on pictochat!) that learns quickly; if he keeps going to tournaments we'll see much more of him.

Plus, he has deadpool as his avatar.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
sweet, and i'm glad you did falco.. i face quiet a few here in illinois though i generally beat them that info will probably help me some more.

null55

Smash Master
A R.O.B. should not lose to a Falco at all... Easy was a good choice.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
In your IC's guide you never mentioned Blizzard once. It blocks gyros and stops all approaches, and the ending lag is never a problem for them since there's always another one waiting. It can also make it really really tough to get back on the stage if you're on the ledge. I haven't played a good IC in several months so I don't have much else to add, but I remember Blizzard being one of their staple moves. How do you deal with it?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
In your IC's guide you never mentioned Blizzard once. It blocks gyros and stops all approaches, and the ending lag is never a problem for them since there's always another one waiting. It can also make it really really tough to get back on the stage if you're on the ledge. I haven't played a good IC in several months so I don't have much else to add, but I remember Blizzard being one of their staple moves. How do you deal with it?
....Roll away or behind them. (this drives them NUTS if you do it and then f-tilt them in the back)

Or shield.

Or laser.

It's got enough lag to where, unless you are dead set on holding towards them, you can actually DI out and punish them for using it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I mostly meant, what do you do when they're using it when you're on the ledge? It's larger just as high-priority as Snake's tilts, and with desyncing they can have an unending stream of it. And I'm pretty sure it hits you if you just sit on the ledge, though it's been awhile so I don't remember exactly. I just remember it was brutal.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Drop off ledge, regrab with up+b; invincibility lasts long enough for a single volley. If they're gonna try to desynch it (weird), just laser 'em. That's a brick wall of theirs, not a strategy.

chckn

Smash Ace
OS you should probably do MK next since he is pretty much the most common character at the tournament level besides snake. Also, after getting alot of mk practice, Ive found that with a good counterpick, mk practice, and tons of patience, the matchup isnt as bad as we first thought.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
OS you should probably do MK next since he is pretty much the most common character at the tournament level besides snake. Also, after getting alot of mk practice, Ive found that with a good counterpick, mk practice, and tons of patience, the matchup isnt as bad as we first thought.
I figured the same thing with Gaw. I posted some stuff a few pages back. (at least I think it was this topic)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've wanted to do MK since the beginning, but that'll be a massive update more than likely. Plus, I'm playing DSF, Rofa, Kel, and Scarecrow this weekend at Ann Arbor. All are some pretty decent MK players... and Scarecrow can edgeguard me better than anyone else simply because he's my brother!

chckn

Smash Ace
I've wanted to do MK since the beginning, but that'll be a massive update more than likely. Plus, I'm playing DSF, Rofa, Kel, and Scarecrow this weekend at Ann Arbor. All are some pretty decent MK players... and Scarecrow can edgeguard me better than anyone else simply because he's my brother!
Sounds good, Ive also had some good mk experience, and Im expecting to get some more this weekend. Ill contribute all I can if youd like...

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Thats' pretty much common knowledge. Its nice for a surprise tactic like once every 20 matches or something, but its just not a very good move overall.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
And the all important power button.

Stiyp.NewT

Smash Rookie
Very nice job OS. The soul crushing article was rather ****. A lot of information to digest as well ( I actually printed the entire thing and have been reading it bit by bit). Update the vs. section asap please :).

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
What happened with the updates? They were like a matchup a day before yet its been almost a week since the last update. Can we expect one soon?

Or are you planning to just have one bigger update later?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Me + moving into college + packing + stuff + no payment = I do it when I **** well please =P

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Just asking, not trying to call you out about it. I realize school is starting about this time and I figured that was it.

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Great Lucario guide, OS. It's a fairly even matchup, though I'd probably give ROB a slight advantage. Gyro and laser are really annoying.

Frigate- The lack of a ledge on the right side of the first transformation = easy gimps.
He can't grab the floating platform, but Lucario can cling on the wall. It's still a good counterpick, but it's just something to be aware of.
If you f-tilt, Lucario can't really punish you.
Listen to this guy, folks. Absolutely true. It's ROB's safest approach in this matchup. Lucario punishes dash attacks easily with his great OOS game, and grab just isn't a reliable approach for ROB. Ftilt puts Lucario out of range for everything but fsmash, which isn't good OOS.

Watch out for fully charged Aura Spheres though, especially when Luc's at full aura. Lucarios have many different ways of landing these, through turnaround spheres, p-sticked, or whatnot. I'm not sure if ftilt will cancel them out, but they'll deal some huge damage if they hit. Not to mention landing one offstage is often a guaranteed KO. It's very important for ROB to recover high to avoid them.

Always DI away jabs unless you're sure you'll escape otherwise. DIing towards him usually leads to an FP or a grab for Lucario, both of which are pretty devastating. I rarely see other Lucarios use jab-jab-dtilt, since dtilt won't really lead into anything. I'd hardly say dtilt is laggy, though. It's his quickest tilt, and I think it even has IASA frames.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Frigate- The lack of a ledge on the right side of the first transformation = easy gimps. You can actually edgeguard with d-tilt here!

You do realize that I love this stage cause of you right? ^.~

I don't think it is as bad for Lucario as you think.

Green Hill Zone- this may be a local thing, but Bloodhawk has taken me here and he is able to spam aura sphere ALL DAY here. Not only that, but there is no edgeguarding! Super hard to do anything worthwhile against Lucario here, and he can easily KO you in any direction.
How cute. XD

You know you love it OS.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Good **** OS, but IC's vs MK I think you should just stay ROB lol
Ill post a video of Plank vs Fly Almanida cuz yea after seeing that I kinda wanna pick up IC for my MK counter lol.
I think the Falco vs ROB is average though, I mean its definitely not hard but its not too easy either you know.
But good **** overall, I always thought Brinstar was a good stage for ROB =]
and wouldnt Rainbow Cruise be bad if he went up against like MK?
Short sides equals easy gimps and Up-B all day ;=/
Gay haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom