• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Disassemble!: Overswarm's instruction manual for ROB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Yeah the ledge is a bad place to be vs Mario. FLUDD and I believe the cape both work on you when you're invincible, not to mention fireball has the perfect trajectory to dislodge ledgecampers if you mistime your jump. Plus there's no possible way you can retaliate against a good Mario while you're on the ledge. Stingers you should play boss, it will change your mind about the whole matchup. I have little doubt he's the best Mario (and Luigi) in the country.

I know. Meatriding!

TM, the big thing ROB has vs Falco is that Falco is so easy to gimp. Bair beats out anything Falco can do to recover, as long as you can predict it, and it's not that hard. Also Falco's fsmash is generally easy to see coming and easy to punish.

Oh and *some* ROBs would say just fire a laser and then ledgecamp for 7 minutes, but there are better ways to do it -_-
ROB can't effectively GIMP Falco is the thing until Falco is at high%, where ROB can "gimp" any character by hitting them with a b-air. You can however, keep poking him off with jabs and the like indefinitely, which I was working on today. Falco's large second jump, fast aerials, and high range side-B give Falco a lot of options.

And if that lasers doesn't hit?

Sudai

Stuff here
ROB can't effectively GIMP Falco is the thing until Falco is at high%, where ROB can "gimp" any character by hitting them with a b-air. You can however, keep poking him off with jabs and the like indefinitely, which I was working on today. Falco's large second jump, fast aerials, and high range side-B give Falco a lot of options.

And if that lasers doesn't hit?
You really haven't played falco much, have you? Easy gimpings from a 0% BThrow.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
It's true. I can't tell you how many times I've killed a Falco when he was side+Bing right into the lingering hitbox of my b-air.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Throw Falco off edge. turn around and jump, DI off the stage. Bair if he over b's to hit him. If he falls below the stage, spike him with dair, hit him with bair, or chain him off the side with fair.

There really isn't much they can do unless they jump and over-b onto the stage from way up high. If they do that... grab 'em and do it again.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
You really put alot of Information on here....I really appreciate that and I would generously like to say Thank You....OS

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Wow, its been amazingly dead. =x
Must be busy, eh OS?

Anyhow, I was wondering if a TL matchup would be on its way anytime soon. I think I have quite a bit of experience against them now, but its still not rock solid, just wondering how you go about this match.

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing R.O.B lately and I find this thread infinitely helpful. I do have a few things I would like to ask about though. With the ATs I began at the top and worked my way down and after I perfected the "Glide Toss" technique I noticed when I switched my controls to C Stick = Specials I could no longer perform this technique. Having noticed this I feel discouraged because I can't perform the two B Sticking techniques and the "Glide Toss" simultaneously. Any ideas on how to help? Controller set-ups maybe?

On another note I can't seem to perfect the two B Sticking techniques because I'm not quite sure I understand what motion is to be done with the C Stick. Maybe a little help here too?

Thanks in advance. :)

.CMW.

pklucas

Smash Apprentice
i wouldn't mind a marth matchup. I couldn't find one anywhere, even though he shouldn
't be the hardest matchup

I get killed whenever i touch the stage... maybe i should just cp frigate orpheon and sit on the moving platform, camp, then shield grab.

Or would jungle japes be a better pick and just run whenever he approaches

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
i wouldn't mind a marth matchup. I couldn't find one anywhere, even though he shouldn
't be the hardest matchup

I get killed whenever i touch the stage... maybe i should just cp frigate orpheon and sit on the moving platform, camp, then shield grab.

Or would jungle japes be a better pick and just run whenever he approaches
There was a Marth discussion floating around the board, just look for it

pklucas

Smash Apprentice
thanks a bunch. Overswarms vidoes were probably more helpful.

His spacing is perfect

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
I've been playing R.O.B lately and I find this thread infinitely helpful. I do have a few things I would like to ask about though. With the ATs I began at the top and worked my way down and after I perfected the "Glide Toss" technique I noticed when I switched my controls to C Stick = Specials I could no longer perform this technique. Having noticed this I feel discouraged because I can't perform the two B Sticking techniques and the "Glide Toss" simultaneously. Any ideas on how to help? Controller set-ups maybe?

On another note I can't seem to perfect the two B Sticking techniques because I'm not quite sure I understand what motion is to be done with the C Stick. Maybe a little help here too?

Thanks in advance. :)

.CMW.
Wrong thread but take C stick off, and just use B turnarounds, which are good enough for ROB.

fiveironbrad

Smash Rookie
Thanks OS for your infinate ROB wisdom... it's given me a definate edge on my buddies! Any chance you could expand upon the 'Mindgames, tricks, and commonly used tactics' section?

Sudai

Stuff here
It went up a lot due to his crusade against Metaknight.

If Sudai's not mistaken, at one point he said if MK's not banned before January, he's quitting Brawl. Don't quote Sudai on that though cause Sudai can't remember where he said it, so that means he may not have said it, and even if he has said it, he might not stick to it due to personal reasons or w/e. Basically...Sudai's talking out the horse's ***.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
^This

except for the "not quitting due to personal reasons". If he's not gone, I am. You lose one or the other!

So if you love me, get TOs to ban MK =B

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
It went up a lot due to his crusade against Metaknight.

If Sudai's not mistaken, at one point he said if MK's not banned before January, he's quitting Brawl. Don't quote Sudai on that though cause Sudai can't remember where he said it, so that means he may not have said it, and even if he has said it, he might not stick to it due to personal reasons or w/e. Basically...Sudai's talking out the horse's ***.
Have you ever tried talking into the horse's ***? Or whispering into his mouth? Good times.

^This

except for the "not quitting due to personal reasons". If he's not gone, I am. You lose one or the other!

So if you love me, get TOs to ban MK =B
I am all for banning metaknight. But how can a simple Mexican boy like me help in such an endeavor?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Get AZ to hold tournaments with MK banned, get large turnouts, and make sure people know they are allowed to want MK to be banned.

Cali is holding one at Mike Haze's house :D

TEECO

Smash Ace
This was interesting, and well put together. Excellent for noobs and good players.
A length equal to the thickness of a bible lol
Nice job on this.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
about soul crushing....................................

it says that you shouldn't goof off, iunno if it's just me but when I soul crush I do it with style, usually picking Snake, playing horribly then using Falcon and Sonic to bring back the match. My opponents usually look like they have been touched by an adult male by the end of the match. But that's just my style :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom