• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"No Swagger Like Us" - a Pit tournament results thread(updated 1/24/12)

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
7th-ish out of 40-ish at a local tourney, "Monkey Battle 4"; only went pit for about 1/3 matches though x3

Brackets are nowhere to be found, not even on their site so.. :/

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Updated w/ Prince Ramen's and Kuro's recent results from Next Level Lan. Also- Esca's HOBO 29 results.

C'mon Pits, submit plz!!!

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
placed 17.th out of 80 or something in an international tourney in Germany. Lost to Prinz (one of the best MKs in Germany and probably even EU) in WB and BluB (ehh I guess all know his Falco) in LB. I hate my bad luck.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
placed 17.th out of 80 or something in an international tourney in Germany. Lost to Prinz (one of the best MKs in Germany and probably even EU) in WB and BluB (ehh I guess all know his Falco) in LB. I hate my bad luck.
You still did good for an international-level tournament. Do you have a link @ all? & who did you beat?

I am so bad, lol. Can't even get out of pools.

Adventures of Prima Vista 12/10/10

25th of 41
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293335
Don't worry, you'll improve.

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
Well, the only really notable Players I beat are Crysis (Snake main from luxembourg, his team defeated Mr.R and Istudy), Draqo (Top Snake from Germany), S!C (Best Wario in germany), crifer (Dk/Fox main who's pretty legit, he took a Match off Leon who placed first). I could have won against BluB first match it was really close, but I picked up GnW second match and got owned. I always tend to pick my secondaries at the wrong time. XD

There's no results thread at smashboards, the German community does have their own smash boards. But if you wanna see some videos you can check out the German SSBB channel (it's in the video section). Sadly I forgot to record any matches of myself.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Well, the only really notable Players I beat are Crysis (Snake main from luxembourg, his team defeated Mr.R and Istudy), Draqo (Top Snake from Germany), S!C (Best Wario in germany), crifer (Dk/Fox main who's pretty legit, he took a Match off Leon who placed first). I could have won against BluB first match it was really close, but I picked up GnW second match and got owned. I always tend to pick my secondaries at the wrong time. XD

There's no results thread at smashboards, the German community does have their own smash boards. But if you wanna see some videos you can check out the German SSBB channel (it's in the video section). Sadly I forgot to record any matches of myself.
Dang bro, you *****! Keep it up! :reverse: What was the name of this tournament? & who placed top 8?

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
Dang bro, you *****! Keep it up! :reverse: What was the name of this tournament? & who placed top 8?
Thank you, I'm not happy with my results tough. Name was "Make some Neuss". The top 4 was Leon (Marth), Orion (MK), Mr.R (Marth) and Staco (MK). In that order.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
awww cmon maharba there is no need to apologize. You repped Pit to the best of your ability and thats all that can be asked of you.

You only failed if you didn't learn anything, keep your head up!

D

Deleted member

I went pit a little in pools at winter games fest and made it out of a pretty hard pool. Didnt go to bracket cuz i had to study. =[
After a few smashfests and some more wifi training for matchups my pit will be good to go :)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
second diddy and ur bad MUs will go away. except falco. i swear if pika didn't have 65:35 on falco he would be the second best char. but not to say we can't handle flack-oh. its just a *****

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I already second Pika for falco, but that still doesn't cover GaW lol. I might look into Diddy Kong, but I would rather just get past this wall using my favorite character than taking the easy way out.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Except there's no shame in that.

I picked up Pit for Dedede, Yoshi, the occasional campy Snake (Renegade :D) and for the general fun of it; since Pit was my favorite character since Brawl's release, next to Lucario, but he's too floaty >_<...

Double Main FTW!

Oh and I suggest seconding Wario if I haven't already made that clear.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Wario generally has troubles mostly with these characters:

Marth
Peach
DEDEDE

Other than that, it's all based on what characters have grab release shenanigans, and if you can avoid them (Yoshi, Captain Falcon...)

Sorry, I asnwered your question backwards. So basically Wario covers all of the matchups besides those 3. Which all three of those are closer to even for Pit or even his advantage (Peach maybe even, I think it's his adv slightly; Marth is probably even, but might be Marth's advantage; dedede is most certainly wario's matchups.) :)

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
I would actually say Falco's the best choice for a secondary. Only Marth to possibly worry about.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Marth doesn't cover Mk whereas Falco does. And Mk is worse for Pit than Marth for sure.
lol u think falco covers metaknight? the only way ur gonna find a way to topple mk without extensive practice is by usin mk himself and that still takes much effort. I beat most mk's with Pit once u learn it its not even that hard. u win on the ground for the most part. and falco doesnt cover wario gaw or olimar as well as marth does. and falco and marth have the same ratio vs mk....so yaaaa

Edit: he actually covers olimar the same but u got my point lol

Top Bottom