• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Tripping Code is out! (Updated! Trip rate change code is out!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
So, go out and grab yourself TP, SD Card, and an SD Card Reader (all of these needed to install the Homebrew Channel and Ocarina) to finally have a tripless Brawl! :D

Edit: Better code is out, it's a rate changer!

Tripping Rate Modifier (Kirby is cool)
0481CB34 C0220020
045A9340 XXXXXXXX
Hacked by Y.S. for NTSC-J, ported by Kirby is cool. MAJOR thanks to Y.S. for his support.

XXXXXXXX is a float number
0 = 00000000
0.01 = C0000000
0.05 = 3D4CCCCD
0.25 = 3E800000
0.5 = 3F000000
1.0 = 3F800000
1.5 = 3FC00000
2.0 = 40000000
2.5 = 40200000
3.0 = 40400000
3.5 = 40600000
4.0 = 40800000
5.0 = 40A00000
6.0 = 40C00000
8.0 = 41000000
10.0 = 41200000
16.0 = 41800000
20.0 = 41A00000
32.0 = 42000000
64.0 = 42800000
100.0 = 42C80000 (too much tripping)

Kirby is cool: For testing purposes I set it to 42C80000 which is 100.0 and the characters tripped at a far more higher rate than normal and everytime a match would start or they would die they would trip every time they tried to move. I tested it with 0 and they wouldent trip at all from what I could tell and I had long matches going for some time. However kicking with a Down A and Diddy's bannanas still tripped for those who use those alot.

Edit 2: Floating point numbers added.

Edit 3: For those who want to use this code, I'm linking to how you can install the HBC and where you can get Ocarina. From there, it's up to you to find the Twilight Hack save file and HBC files (just search Google for them, not that hard).

Tutorial on installing the Homebrew Channel: Video Tutorial Part 1 & Video Tutorial Part 2.

You can get Ocarina from here. You need to join the forums to get it though, sorry, but hey it's also where you get the codes! :)

Roihu

Smash Ace
.... I really want to curse right now.
Wait-- is it over Wi-Fi? *Crosses fingers*

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I now have a reason to get all the stuff and hack my Wii. >_>

Anyone wanna give me links? lol

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
SWEET!! wait, i don't have that kind of money right now T_T.........

is this likely to become the tourney standard for brawl?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
But... no trips.

So, will no-trip Brawl become a tourney standard? I think it should, but unfortunately it would be to hard to find people with a hacked Brawl to bring to tournaments in most cities.

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Do you still trip with the Banana item (Diddy's Banana for those who play without items) or what happens there?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
This could be the first hack that becomes tourney standard, no?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I don't see it becoming tourney standard. Or at the very least SBR approved.

If TO's want to run tripless tourney's, that's up to them.

(Also, I'm curious about the effect it has on attacks that induce tripping/bananas)

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
There's no side effect right? Like, the game crashing, or something like that would suck.

Tenki

Smash Hero
There's no side effect right? Like, the game crashing, or something like that would suck.

Actually, instead of randomly tripping, your character randomly falls through the floor and SD's now.

10lies

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
This is a bit much. Just accept tripping its not that big a deal to spend all this money and hack the wii.

It's annoying, but really?

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
i just tryed it on my brothers wii and just knowing that your not going to trip makes you play 98% more offensive which ultimatly makes you play 98% better...

its freaking sweet, its like every brawler has this hidden boost in skill that gets unlocked when you completly forget about tripping occuring....

pure awsomeness...

Frames

DI
welp i've been playin with this code and you can still trip, it's just barely happens anymore (once every 5 matches or so, for me at least).

either way, this is one step closer towards creating the ultimate melee 2.0 lol

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Meeeeehh.... It's definitely not worth it. Trip doesn't really bother me that much. If you think about it, it's realistic. I've tripped over my own feet while playing football (multiple times).

Still... It certainly doesn't improve Brawl =/

But seriously, why would I pay more money than the game itself costs just to have tripless brawl? I just spend more time in the air, if possible.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
This is just shameful. Advocating hacks and accepting it with open arms. If this ever becomes standard amongst those who can use it, you can bet that my fist will be up their ***** in ten seconds' time. The very mention of or conversation including, even considering hacks makes me sick

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
I don't see it becoming tourney standard. Or at the very least SBR approved.

If TO's want to run tripless tourney's, that's up to them.

(Also, I'm curious about the effect it has on attacks that induce tripping/bananas)
Yeah, I agree. I can see it happen in "some" tournaments, but not most. It's just way too inconvenient to make sure all the Wiis have the hacks, and not to mention the side effects that could happen.

Meeeeehh.... It's definitely not worth it. Trip doesn't really bother me that much. If you think about it, it's realistic. I've tripped over my own feet while playing football (multiple times).

Still... It certainly doesn't improve Brawl =/

But seriously, why would I pay more money than the game itself costs just to have tripless brawl? I just spend more time in the air, if possible.
First of all, it's not like it's just for tripping.

It's for homebrew stuff and hacking stuff in general, $50 that allows you to do various neat things. Check it out.

And concerning Brawl, you can play things like an air match(create a custom stage with little platforms), infinite jump, infinite Up + B, + low gravity = AIR BATTLE.

There are other neat things also.

Revven

FrankerZ
OMG! An actual no tripping code (like, you literally DO NOT trip, ever, except with bananas and trip inducing moves) is out now, it actually lowers the rate and when you set it to 0 tripping is officially gone!

Tripping Rate Modifier (Kirby is cool)
0481CB34 C0220020
045A9340 XXXXXXXX
Hacked by Y.S. for NTSC-J, ported by Kirby is cool. MAJOR thanks to Y.S. for his support.

XXXXXXXX is a float number

Kirby is cool: For testing purposes I set it to 42C80000 which is 100.0 and the characters tripped at a far more higher rate than normal and everytime a match would start or they would die they would trip every time they tried to move. I tested it with 0 and they wouldent trip at all from what I could tell and I had long matches going for some time. However kicking with a Down A and Diddy's bannanas still tripped for those who use those alot.

I don't have the floating point for 0 yet but... I'll post it when I get it.

Revven

FrankerZ
You're all quite serious, aren't you? To take this hack seriously! This is insane!
Well... yes because tripping was a bad idea from the start. I like the trip inducing moves and bananas but, tripping just because you run? Just dumb and at times can ruin matches for myself and my friends (especially when we have over 8 players and we can only do FFAs because everybody wants to play at the same time) so when in FFAs and you trip, you get screwed over quite badly and it's just irritating. One on one it isn't so bad but, it can be pretty bad, especially for approaching. With this, you're safer now and don't have to worry about losing any tournament (if this is accepted) because of tripping, you won't have that john anymore. Much less losing a match because of tripping.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Nice find guys. However, tripping doesn't bother me much, except losing the momentum and anxiety of a tense match.

But won't large tourneys be ninja-ed of their hacked wiis?

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Well... yes because tripping was a bad idea from the start.
A bad idea? Perhaps. But can't you just accept the wishes of the creators? If it's in the game, there must be some kind of ultimate reasoning behind it, as it would have to pass at least a few people to get by in the final product. We are not the makers, we are not higher-ups, we are consumers. To tamper with what they intended seems like a crime. Why do you think it's so hard to do? It should be left alone, and kept secluded to a minute group, never to be used on an even remotely large scale.

Looking back on that paragraph, it can be easily related to some crazed religious fanatic :laugh:

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
A bad idea? Perhaps. But can't you just accept the wishes of the creators? If it's in the game, there must be some kind of ultimate reasoning behind it, as it would have to pass at least a few people to get by in the final product. We are not the makers, we are not higher-ups, we are consumers. To tamper with what they intended seems like a crime. Why do you think it's so hard to do? It should be left alone, and kept secluded to a minute group, never to be used on an even remotely large scale.
:laugh: Excellent use of sarcasm...I just hope no one took that seriously.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
:laugh: Excellent use of sarcasm...I just hope no one took that seriously.
I assure you, sir, that I am quite serious. The closing statement was merely used to make light of the situation. I don't want to be hated by everyone (even though that's what I'm quickly causing) and I don't want to become public enemy #1.

M.K

Level 55
And how many of you have actually lost a match because of tripping? -_-
It's tripping, it's not "OMG ULTIMATE DEATH MOVE BWAAAA". Learn to deal with it, use it effectively, maybe if you stopped looking at the negative side of it you could find some positive use of it.

I'm not buying this.

Revven

FrankerZ
And how many of you have actually lost a match because of tripping? -_-
It's tripping, it's not "OMG ULTIMATE DEATH MOVE BWAAAA". Learn to deal with it, use it effectively, maybe if you stopped looking at the negative side of it you could find some positive use of it.

I'm not buying this.
I have, and I trip quite often when I'm about to approach someone or I'm going to run into a jump to chase someone that runs a lot. Captain Falcon also trips a mile, getting rid of it gets rid of this disadvantage for him (but, doesn't make him any better though). I don't see any positive use for tripping, it's completely random, hence why the code now is a rate changer. You can't control it, it just happens. The mechanics of inducing a trip are great, but just running and tripping (basically punishing you for running) is just dumb. Good luck finding ways to utilize tripping though while I play without it.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Good luck finding ways to utilize tripping though while I play without it.
I tried that once, and after a month, I came to the conclusion that it is random. Thanks to you, though, I know as a for sure fact that it is indeed 100% random. Thanks.

(I am not being sadistically sarcastic, I'm serious)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom