• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Tripping Code is out! (Updated! Trip rate change code is out!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
Added floating point numbers to the first post, it appears that they're the same for every code that has floating points so... wasn't hard to find (that and meleemaster500 posted them in the Ocarina thread). That being said, now you can trip as much as you want or not trip at all!

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Added floating point numbers to the first post, it appears that they're the same for every code that has floating points so... wasn't hard to find (that and meleemaster500 posted them in the Ocarina thread). That being said, now you can trip as much as you want or not trip at all!
I want to see a video of a match set to 100.0 please.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I could easily see this becoming the standard in tourneys.

At leats high ranked ones.

The administrators would probably have hacked Brawl games.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Who wouldn't want to use this code in a tourney?
..............................................................it's too much trouble to go through, anyway. Unrelated to my position against the hack, is there any way one can know for sure if the code is applied to the game other than noticing whether or not they trip? Like, if they showed up to a tournament, how would they know if the Wii was hacked?

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
..............................................................it's too much trouble to go through, anyway. Unrelated to my position against the hack, is there any way one can know for sure if the code is applied to the game other than noticing whether or not they trip? Like, if they showed up to a tournament, how would they know if the Wii was hacked?
you have a good point. however, i'd guess that most tourney hosters would tell everyone that the tourney would always have the no tripping code on and that it was on a hacked wii. There shouldn't be problems unless other codes were also added...

Revven

FrankerZ
Unrelated to my position against the hack, is there any way one can know for sure if the code is applied to the game other than noticing whether or not they trip? Like, if they showed up to a tournament, how would they know if the Wii was hacked?
Two things to look for.

1) Homebrew Channel installed if you manage to see the Wii's Menu.
2) Date is set to 1/1/2000 in the game (you'd be able to see this if you saved a replay).

Ocarina sets a temporary date that's incorrect for whatever reason, it's one of the top things to notice if the game is using a code. Of course, the other option would be if the tournament hoster advertised it or told everybody beforehand.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
A note in the advertisement?

As much as I also hated changing the game code, I have to agree that I can't see a downside for this hack. Nothing but an advantage here. It's not going to change anyones playstyle, or have anyone rethink anything.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Two things to look for.

1) Homebrew Channel installed if you manage to see the Wii's Menu.
2) Date is set to 1/1/2000 in the game (you'd be able to see this if you saved a replay).

Ocarina sets a temporary date that's incorrect for whatever reason, it's one of the top things to notice if the game is using a code. Of course, the other option would be if the tournament hoster advertised it or told everybody beforehand.
Yes, I agree. After all, if they used a program like Ocarina, then you'd pretty much have to see that it was a hacked Wii.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
It's not going to change anyones playstyle, or have anyone rethink anything.
Well, most certainly not, but if someone hosting a tournament said, "No tripping hack installed" or something along those lines, something inside me would tell me not to trust it 100%. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Also, I wonder if Nintendo knows about the whole TP debug thing, and if they do, what they are thinking right now.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
This is a cool find, but to be honest I can't see it becoming tourny standard. Unless an easier way to hack a wii is discovered, it's too much hassle.
It's pretty simple. They just need to download Ocarina, and to do that you need pretty much no hacking experience,, just and SD Card and a PC... no hassle.

Linkjge

Smash Rookie
I can't wait till Nintendo patches this.

I love how unlike any other competitive game, Brawl needs to be hacked in order to be "fair". Borderline ********.

Revven

FrankerZ
They can't really patch it, they can only disable the Homebrew Channel and even then, what's going to make those of us who have the Homebrew Channel update? You have a choice to update, you know. Sure, maybe Animal Crossing City Folk will update the Wii but, it doesn't mean that the update it comes with will disable the HBC.

They can't patch Brawl though, so... :ohwell:

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
This is honestly ****ing pathetic.

I mean, seriously. Wow.

Wow.

I love how unlike any other competitive game, Brawl needs to be hacked in order to be "fair". Borderline ********.
So basically this is like hacking Mario Party 8 to take out the red spaces.
Pathetic this code is...dark times I forsee...begun the code wars have...

These.

This is just sad.

Revven

FrankerZ
These.

This is just sad.
Ask yourself, do you prefer to have tripping on and have it mess up your combo/approach/mind game or would you rather have it off? I personally don't care if you don't mind tripping but, saying it's sad to get rid of it is more ******** than hacking to get rid of it is.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
Ask yourself, do you prefer to have tripping on and have it mess up your combo/approach/mind game or would you rather have it off? I personally don't care if you don't mind tripping but, saying it's sad to get rid of it is more ******** than hacking to get rid of it is.

Oh wait, what am I saying, this is GBD, nobody here in GBD plays competitively. D:
In the just over 1000 matches I've played in brawl, I've tripped about 7 times. I never even got attacked because of it.

BEES

Smash Lord
Chagen, congratulations on being lucky. Most of us are not as lucky. That's kind of the point behind this.

Revven

FrankerZ
In the just over 1000 matches I've played in brawl, I've tripped about 7 times. I never even got attacked because of it.
Congratulations, unfortunately, you're in the minority. There's way more of us that have had a bad end of the stick with tripping, myself included. That outweighs you and whoever God else knows is lucky. The point behind the code is to get rid of the randomness, with tripping gone, we're back at what Brawl should have been without tripping which is a great thing that's now become reality.

If it doesn't happen to you very often, okay, fine you don't need to use the code, but, for those of us who have had bad experiences with it want it gone and will use the code probably all the time we play Brawl.

Because Brawl without tripping is Godly.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
saying it's sad to get rid of it is more ******** than hacking to get rid of it is.
ahahahahahahahahaha

No, really. Read that to yourself.

Hopefully you aren't really being serious. Because my god. Seriously.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
What i want to know is how does this effect online play? do both people need the hack? if only one has it will only that char not trip? does it not effect it at all? and this is horrible imo. tripping has a small effect on the game. and tripping has saved my life. about as much as it has killed me.

M.K

Level 55
I've been waiting for this for so long.
Finally, no more tripping into Ike's F-smash xD
Shut up, you've never tripped into Ike's FSmash. You know why? You would never be running towards Ike when he is charging this smash -.- Ok, seriously, this "OMG BWAAA I TRIPPED INTO IKES FSMASH BWAA" stuff is so stupid.
This code is worthless anyways, tripping isn't like every ten seconds you trip. It's random, and just as many times as YOU have tripped, the OPPONENT trips. You aren't the only people who this is happening to, you are just the only people who give a worthless dam. =__=

Revven

FrankerZ
just as many times as YOU have tripped, the OPPONENT trips.
I'd like to point out and say this is wrong. It's random, yes, but there is nothing that calculates how much you've tripped or how much your opponent has tripped. In a few matches I've tripped twice before and my opponent didn't trip a single time. A friend of mine tripped four times and they were all seemingly a few seconds apart from each other, while I didn't trip a single time. This is not true, tripping is completely random. It can happen five times to one person and none to the other, it can happen once to me but three times to the opponent. It's not fair to either opponent...

Why are you so against this? It doesn't bother you if you don't care, let those of us who do care use it and you don't have to use it. It won't affect you in any way.

Frames

DI
This code is awesome, works great!

Also, why are people coming in here complaining? You can clearly see this thread is about no tripping, and the general attitude of the thread is that it's a good thing. I'm sick of people who use free speech as an excuse to insult somebody's hard work for no apparent reason.

I think people should be allowed to voice their opinion, but if you're going to do it, do it respectfully like Lex Crunch. He's not flaming anyone or calling it "********" or "pathetic". Just take it at face value.

wooooooo tripping is gone!!

okiyama

Smash Ace
Shut up, you've never tripped into Ike's FSmash. You know why? You would never be running towards Ike when he is charging this smash -.- Ok, seriously, this "OMG BWAAA I TRIPPED INTO IKES FSMASH BWAA" stuff is so stupid.
You're an idiot. I saw Samuraipanda trip into a snake FSmash, I have tripped into a metaknight Fsmash, you wanna know how that happens?

You run up to them then eitehr jump over them or jump and make your momentum go backwards so the fire off the FSmash and you're safe, then you punish. If you choose to not punish someone for wiffing a FSmash you should probably learn how to.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
I'd like to point out and say this is wrong. It's random, yes, but there is nothing that calculates how much you've tripped or how much your opponent has tripped. In a few matches I've tripped twice before and my opponent didn't trip a single time. A friend of mine tripped four times and they were all seemingly a few seconds apart from each other, while I didn't trip a single time. This is not true, tripping is completely random. It can happen five times to one person and none to the other, it can happen once to me but three times to the opponent. It's not fair to either opponent...

Why are you so against this? It doesn't bother you if you don't care, let those of us who do care use it and you don't have to use it. It won't affect you in any way.
Actually, the coding that calculates when you trip is what does it. It may seem random, as the tripping predicter is not influenced by the game in anyway.
Oh and if you trip into Ikes F-smash, you were gonna be hit anyway, cause sheilding, rolling and spot dodging don't cause tripping, pivoting and dashing do, which, you deserved to be f-smashed anyway if you were going to try torun away when already in range of a Fsmash.
Also, if you tripped and entered the range of his Fsmash, you must have been preparing to dash into range anyway.
Hopefully Nintendo releases another patch to detect modified Brawl data and fries your Wii consoles.

That is pure awesome!

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Nice find! This is the 1 hack that would EVER be considered for tourneys.

Really, the people complaining about this hack need 2 SHUT UP! Yes it rarely happens, but IT HAPPENS! People getting saved or ***** because they moved forward makes no sense. What is the negative of using this hack?

Also no1 is forcing you to use this. People against this hack have NO REASON TO COMPLAIN!

BEES

Smash Lord
Oh and if you trip into Ikes F-smash, you were gonna be hit anyway, cause sheilding, rolling and spot dodging don't cause tripping, pivoting and dashing do, which, you deserved to be f-smashed anyway if you were going to try torun away when already in range of a Fsmash.
I just want to address this, because it is unimaginably wrong. A dash attack, dash grab, or hyphen smash would catch Ike before his F-smash finishes.

Also, real civilized suggesting Nintendo fry peoples' stuff. Why are you protesting it anyway? What makes you want to defend tripping that much?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
This could be the first hack that becomes tourney standard, no?
No. You do not hack games to play them in tournaments. Does Brawl need to be hacked in order to be Competitively viable? Well, then, maybe we shouldn't play Brawl at all.

What's that? It doesn't need to be hacked? Then why do it? After all, I some people hate DeDeDe's infinites. Let's hack those out! Next, let's hack Final Destination's edges. Then let's remove all chaingrabs. Then make Sheik's F-tilt have more knockback. Then let's give the game more hitstun and blockstun and then...

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
What a world we have come to where we have to remove a tripping function in a video game by hacking. Dammit Sakurai!

Edit: After seeing Yuna's post, I really don't want tripping removed. =/

MARTN

Smash Rookie
No. You do not hack games to play them in tournaments. Does Brawl need to be hacked in order to be Competitively viable? Well, then, maybe we shouldn't play Brawl at all.

What's that? It doesn't need to be hacked? Then why do it? After all, I some people hate DeDeDe's infinites. Let's hack those out! Next, let's hack Final Destination's edges. Then let's remove all chaingrabs. Then make Sheik's F-tilt have more knockback. Then let's give the game more hitstun and blockstun and then...
This.

If people want to hack their Wii's to remove tripping or whatever, fine, that's none of our business really. But trying to make a hack standard in tournaments is just wrong. Tripping happens to everyone, deal with it. Also, if you want to play a competitive fighter without items, tripping and with balanced characters, there are lots of other alternatives out there that doesnt need to be hacked.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
A bad idea? Perhaps. But can't you just accept the wishes of the creators? If it's in the game, there must be some kind of ultimate reasoning behind it, as it would have to pass at least a few people to get by in the final product. We are not the makers, we are not higher-ups, we are consumers. To tamper with what they intended seems like a crime. Why do you think it's so hard to do? It should be left alone, and kept secluded to a minute group, never to be used on an even remotely large scale.
The wishes of the creators were to eliminate any sort of competitivity and make things easier for casual gamers, forcing hardcore gamers to settle for what the casuals love.

We should be accepting it, or it's a crime? That's ridiculous! You're **** right, we are the consumers. We spent $50 on the game, so who the hell are they (or you) to tell us we're not allowed to? We bought the Wii, we bought the game, we're allowed to do whatever the hell we want.

Sakurai must be in a corner crying now that someone has managed to remove his pride and joy.
Haha, yeah. I hope he is.

A note in the advertisement?

As much as I also hated changing the game code, I have to agree that I can't see a downside for this hack. Nothing but an advantage here. It's not going to change anyones playstyle, or have anyone rethink anything.
I completely agree. I'm against hacking 90% of the time. But if it's a fun hack (like Debug mode in Melee) or to circumvent something stupid (like tripping, or event Pokemon in the Pokemon games) that the creators implemented, I see no problem with it. What's wrong with it? It's no cheaper than turning items off. They should've given us the ability to toggle tripping on/off in the first place.

Also, I wonder if Nintendo knows about the whole TP debug thing, and if they do, what they are thinking right now.
I'm sure they do, and I bet they're planning on updating the Wii to make the Homebrew Channel/Twilight Hack stop working. Unfortunately for them, unless they make an update come with Animal Crossing: City Folk they're not getting me to update. And there are surely unlimited possibilities, I doubt that one update will elminate those things forever. Update 3.3 already tried that, and they fixed it.

This is just sad.
I was about to say the same thing to everyone you quoted...

This code is worthless anyways, tripping isn't like every ten seconds you trip. It's random, and just as many times as YOU have tripped, the OPPONENT trips. You aren't the only people who this is happening to, you are just the only people who give a worthless dam. =__=
Let me try to work up a few situations for you where you might trip into Ike's FSmash. Say you're playing as Marth, Ike, or Lucario -- someone with a counter. You see him charging an FSmash and you go over there to counter it, but when you get in range of Ike to counter, you trip.
Another; What if you're just trying to get close to him? Say, you want to get just outside of the range of his attack so once he finishes it you can punish him, but when you get just outside of the range you trip, which makes you go forward enough to get hit.

Point is, it has happened. I know I've tripped into attacks before -- you might not think it'll happen until it does.

Hopefully Nintendo releases another patch to detect modified Brawl data and fries your Wii consoles.
So you're saying that Nintendo should destroy the $250 product I invested in because I'm not playing how they want me to, because I'm not playing how you want me to? Is that not ridiculous?

Let people who want to hack hack. If you are against hacking, don't hack, and don't go to a tournament where they are hacking. But don't try to tell me that I'm screwed up for wanting to hack, or that Nintendo should be destroying an expensive product because I do hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom