• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
i never underestimate anymore

paul robbed me of $20 for that once lol

i'm down for $5
haha the good ol' days of pink shinobi hustlin...
I actually didn't enter the NorCal Melee Scene until June 2010. Did Paul MMed a lot of people before he was ranked or after he was ranked? I somewhat see it both ways since if you are ranked, you have confidence to MM but people probably won't want to MM you, but if you are unranked people will want to MM you but you are not sure if you might win the MM or not since you don't know how well you stack up to other people.

So I found out recently that one of my second cousins, who is 42 or something (I forget exactly how old) is now a grandparent. This makes us (me and said grandchild) second cousins twice removed, which is on the same generational level as great-uncle/nephew (I'm old). The same second cousin also had a grandparent that died very shortly after the child was born, so for a short while she was a great-great-grandparent. That's pretty neat since that's the first instance of great-great-grandparenthood I know of in my or my friends' families.
Nice @ Eric and Miles. I met my great-grandfather on a couple occasions. He was born in 1894 and died in 1990 (when I was 8). So I've met someone born in the 19th century.

Eric, a great great aunt is the sister of your great grandmother. Great^n-uncle/aunt = brother/sister of great^(n-1) grandparent.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d7/CousinTree_kinship.svg
That's pretty cool. I'm one of those people that need a visual chart to understand family trees. :)

Zoap

Smash Master
The way I heard it Paul used to pull "I only have a 20" on people back in the day.

So I found out recently that one of my second cousins, who is 42 or something (I forget exactly how old) is now a grandparent. This makes us (me and said grandchild) second cousins twice removed, which is on the same generational level as great-uncle/nephew (I'm old). The same second cousin also had a grandparent that died very shortly after the child was born, so for a short while she was a great-great-grandparent. That's pretty neat since that's the first instance of great-great-grandparenthood I know of in my or my friends' families.
Thats pretty awesome now that i used some of my own family to follow it. Did you look all this up on wikipedia on the cousin page?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I just looked up a couple things to make sure I had the terminology right.

The genealogy on that side of the family is difficult because WW2 in Poland destroyed a lot of records.

My other (Sheridan) side of the family does a little bit of genealogy work, and I can trace it pretty far back. The Sheridans in America started with my great-great-great-grandfather Thomas Sheridan from Ireland.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
That stuff is cool. I've thought about trying to do some genealogy work for my family but all of the easy stuff is done already.

My mom's side of the family can be traced back to the Mayflower, but my dad's side of the family is much more limited. My paternal grandfather doesn't know who is real dad is and ran away from home when he was 15. The last name Reedy is the name of his step-father, so we aren't even originally Reedys by blood. My paternal grandmother had an absentee father who left her mother at a young age. My paternal grandmother's mother, my great-grandmother who lived to 96, came over with her parents from the Azores in Portugal when she was very young and grew up in poverty in Hawaii before coming to California.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
when my grandfather on my dads side died, they did a bit of genealogy work.

turns out my last name, johannes, used to be something else, but a great great... grandpa of mine like ****ed a little girl and had to move and change his name loooooooooooooooooooool

they didnt think it was funny

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
things i want to see happen at this tourney

-see the 209 crew get very far
-watch all of westbalz money matches (he plays ****ing clean when hes on point)
- watch an epic set with silentspectre in it
- get a **** ton of friendlies with amazing players (i had a bad habbit of avoiding amazing players in past tournies before, due to me being afraid to approach them and it really slowed down my progress)

and i want to just chill with cool people =D

cant wait for this!

WassupJB

Smash Lord
things i want to see happen at this tourney

-see the 209 crew get very far
-watch all of westbalz money matches (he plays ****ing clean when hes on point)
- watch an epic set with silentspectre in it
- get a **** ton of friendlies with amazing players (i had a bad habbit of avoiding amazing players in past tournies before, due to me being afraid to approach them and it really slowed down my progress)

and i want to just chill with cool people =D

cant wait for this!
i didn't know you were coming? you guys are talking about gsg2 right? hahaha

Ill mm u for 20$ sfat
aye n.gga...i wanna record this..freals.

Top Bottom