• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North American ONLINE Player Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Lol this list is horrible, and lol at you putting Zodiac above me. ;[

And Agent right below me and you below Agent? It's also missing people.

Double Edit: Wow... Sorry Surri?
like surri said make ur own list, im just going off results when from when i played these ppl and also tourney results

SheerMadness

Smash Master
It's gav list and his opinion which he is welcome to have. If you don't agree with it post your own list.

dandan - Tiger has not played online consistently in several years. He wouldn't be in S Tier with Boom and Jaime anyway (just my opinion).

Anyway I still think Boom and Jaime are the only S Tier players. With Sensei, Frogles, and A$ at the top of A Tier

S Tier

Boom

Jaime

A Tier

Sensei, Frogles, A$

Nintendude, etc, etc

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
It's kinda hard for me to judge but nintendude seems quite a bit better then A$ imo...but i have not played A$ much....no offence D:

Dont hate for this pl0x ...if you think you should be...but are not on the list...you probably dont play online :o

SS Tier imo...

Malva00
SuperBoomFan
JaimeHR
Sensei
Frog

S Tier imo...

Nintendude1189
Fireblaster
Smoke2joints
SheerMadness
Peek

A Tier imo...

PD
A$
TheStarKing
MattNF
Korobeniki

B Tier Imo...

Kabal
Surri-Sama
MarioReincarnate
Ybombb
Denken

smakis

Smash Ace
as for who is better player when it comes to being good at several characters, if you can't beat your opponents single character with any of yours then he is simply better than you =)

ex)
player x uses fox every single game, player x gets ***** by player y when he uses any other character, but player y gets ***** by player xs fox with all his characters. player x = the better player (imo)

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
since when was I worse than you surri?

RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nah its all good, this is all opinion based anyways.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Boom should have his own tiers, Jaime is good but definitely not up there with him.

S : Boom

A : Jaime, Sheer, A$, Frog, etc

MATTS!

Smash Ace
I guess im the only one that will POST THE TRUE LIST. Since seeing everybody is going by "Smash talk" "and "Trash talk on Kaillera" and not actual wins and losses over one another. Ive seen almost everybody fight one another 1 vs 1. Ive seen proof.. So I would consider MY list as #1 Online Fake Smash List. Remember this is my OPINION over the past years of playing and seeing others play. This list is in no particular order, But a close to ORDER, as order changes from time to time as some lose and then some win at other times. Here's my list :

SSS Tier:

malva00

SS Tier:

JaimeHR
Smoke2joints
MATTS!
Boomfan
Frogles
HolyQuebec

S Tier:

Sensei
A$
Fireblaster
SheerMadness
Nintendude1189

A Tier:

Kabal
ZhinShin
MattNF
PD
YBOMBB
ZODiac
Saske
Legendary
Korobeniki
\\$Killer$//
imnotpro
Johnny
Surri-Sama
Peek
Denken
MarioReincarnate
Near
TheStarKing
ShadeMoneh
Zenyore
Firo

B Tier:

Battlecow
Jbandrew
Stormcrow2
The3kuzinator
WOTG
LULZ
Agent 21
SupA
Bloob
Agony
Purtle
Jin iXi
B Link
hamburgler
Blue Yoshi
Novakane
The Star King
Flippeh
ZGE
Smasher74
Wafflekong

C Tier:

Walsh
\\$¹¹Ç壣~Më~çðçòå¹¹$//
Hermit214
SunChicken
SharksQuail
Blade689
BrawlHog54
Andrewajt62
.SUÞErStaR.
GDAFF
Flynn

The Great MATTS!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
MATTS you haven't seen me play ANYONE 1v1 aside from yourself so I know you haven't seen everyone vs everyone. But I appreciate you posting you list, we need everyones opinions to make a good list.

s2j doesn't play online anymore I don't think. He even goes out of his way to come on the ssb64 boards and troll online players. I definitely wouldn't have put him in S Tier anyway, somewhere in A Tier.

Haven't seen HolyQuebec much lately either but he's definitely not S Tier in my list either.

It's cool to see other people's lists and how much they vary. Like A$ being high on my list but not so high on others. And MATTS having a couple people in S Tier I definitely wouldn't agree with. Just proves how much a difference matchups and playstyles play in this game.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Fireblaster is placed pretty high on the lists. No offense to him or anything, but i dont think hes that good.

Frogles

Smash Ace
God Tier:
MATTS!

SS Tier:
malva

S Tier:
Boom
Jaime

A Tier:
Cart
Sheer
Zack
Jin iXi

Bottom:
MattNF

god tier is self-explanatory. s tier is a given. zack changes his name every day so i put down his real name. matt is just a nerd.

this is just off the top of my head and there are some peeps i havent played in a while.

D

Deleted member

http://i25.tinypic.com/6dx0e8.jpg

PWNED

Uh, I got an infraction for this? I'm pretty sure everyone knows I'm not (entirely) serious. Get off your high horse DMoogle.

I bet I'll get another infraction for saying that now.
i agree, dmoogle really needs to lighten up and stop being such a tight a$$. this is a topic where opinions on PLAYER SKILL will vary and cause some arguing

i am honored to be on ur list btw surri even though i have quit for like half a year lol

i was really close in level to ecartman, frog, and fireblaster back in the day so we'd all probably be S tier if i still played

MATTS! is pretty dam good too and his youtube channel has some 99 hit combo greats, closest to SS tier imo

and lol at sheer's stab at me, haven't posted here for months besides the 64 old console games topic. Its time that you show some class instead of fueling the flames u florida *** face. Play me in melee and I'll *** u up money match 50 dollar minimum, arrogant kok face shaped like loose ****

then i'm down to play some 64 later

if i had a controller that didn't suk though i think i could work my way up if i still cared about this game, unfortunately theres about 0 good stages

SheerMadness

Smash Master
s2j

I can easily go find your more recent post on the ssb64 boards with you saying stuff like

"99% of online players are ***s and nerds"

"I'm cooler than all of you cause I have 200 friends on facebook"

"Online is gay"

I'm just calling you what you are, a troll. Doubt many, if anyone, would disagree with me besides your boyfriend lovage who also comes on here to troll (or used to anyway).

If you can't post on here intelligently without flaming me for calling you a troll, which you are, then don't post.

D

Deleted member

go ahead and pull out quotes that I made months ago, it's dum to assume people can change

Like DMoogle, you seriously need to lighten up. Most of the posts I have made are for the sake of humor. So pull that stick out of your grimy, cavey, goo-covered a$$hole and stop being such a tighta$$, loosen that ****.

I also have never made a I'm cooler than all of you cause i have 200 friends on facebook post. If I recall correctly when that post was made like 5 months ago it was to make fun of Nixxxon who made wild claims of what your facebook friends consisted of. If you want me to argue intelligently maybe you should too instead of pulling things out of context liek a stupid fuken jabrony

also, me and lovage may be ghey lovers but there was no reason for you to put that on blast. Don't expect much from a kid who sucks and can't even get ranked in his region in melee though (and thinks he can **** me)

also you posted that needless message first in a topic about online player tier lists, are you immune to being a stupid idiot or something?

s2j doesn't play online anymore I don't think. He even goes out of his way to come on the ssb64 boards and troll online players. I definitely wouldn't have put him in S Tier anyway, somewhere in A Tier.

Just proves how much a difference matchups and playstyles play in this game.
i loled pretty hard when you bolded this like its some grand meaning.

You can knock on my skill level all you want, just remember you will never beat me if I actually cared since you struggle against 'defensive' falcons. So if i'm A tier you are probably B tier, just my 2 cents and further proof of how much a difference matchups and playstyles play in this game

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Haha I wish I could ban this kid from my thread. He clearly isn't mature enough to post without flaming.

Purtle

Smash Journeyman
B Tier:

Battlecow
Jbandrew
Stormcrow2
The3kuzinator
WOTG
LULZ
Agent 21
SupA
Bloob
Agony

Purtle

Jin iXi
B Link
hamburgler
Blue Yoshi
Novakane
The Star King
Flippeh
ZGE
Smasher74
Wafflekong

I'm just happy someone actually knew of my existence, and even more surprised that I was put in B group.
I know it isn't the final tier list or anything, just being recognized/remembered is enough for me haha.

T1g3rbombz

Smash Journeyman
Aite fuktards!...IM BACK! LAY IT ON ME AND DNT BE SHY! yea yea yea so what i havent played for years...still hax as gameshark sniff.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm mentioned in MATTS! list. And it's close to in order too. I am so honored.

My list is based off of my experience only, so it doesn't take that many matchups into account; Some people should probably be higher but have always sandbagged or had terrible luck or just been worse than usual against me, so I ranked them surprisingly low (Sheer). Some people may have been rusty or whatever when they played me (Surri). Likewise, some people may be ranked surprisingly high due to having really good matchups against me or having been in the groove when they played me. Sorry in advance if I forget anyone. I've never really played (or have only played once or twice), Johnny, S2J and some other people who haven't played in forever and a half; therefore, they aren't on this list. There is no order within the tiers.

I did the tiers like that because even if I added IMO to everything, A-B-C-D Tiering would be deceptive and not really what I meant. If anyone wants to move from "arguably" to "inarguably", all they have to do is beat me like 900x in a row at a time when I don't feel like johnning.

People who are Malva:
Malva

People who are way way better than me :
JaimeHR
Zenyore
A$
SuPeRbOoMfAn
Holyquebec
Fireblaster
Frogles
Sensei
Nintendude

People who are way better than me:
MATTS!
PD
The Star King
Firo
Denken
The dude who logs on with a different username every time and is imbahax 133754\/(3

People who are inarguably better than me, but not way better:
Jin ixi
Unknown ixi
Sheermadness
Saske
YBOMBB
Zod
Kabal
MarioReincarnate
Ecartman

People who are arguably better than me:
Korobeniki
Imnotpro
Surri-Sama
Legendary
WOTG
Agony
B link
Th3kuzinator
ZhinShin
Agony
ZGE
Killer

I'm not gonna go any lower than that at the risk of feelings-hurting. If you really should be on here and I forgot, or if someone else should be on here and I forgot, shoot me a PM (or respond to the comment lol) and I'll edit this post.

I could do a lot of X>Y>Z within the tiers, but that's too finicky and subjective; my opinions would be waaaaay too far off from the truth.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I think you need to play Jin more

but he seems to have poofed into thin air anyways lol

...but yeah if you played jin more i think youd place him higher then Ybombb and Denken ..no offence to them...but there is some MAD hype behind them and i have no idea why....i beat them most of the times we play in all honesty ...not blowin smoke...

Battlecow

Play to Win
Looking at that, I think you're right. Jin has beaten me pretty solidly most of the times when I've played him (although funnily enough, I'm not remembering it too well). I'll move him up. Maybe he's better than Ybombb, but for some reason Denk utterly destroys me with like 9 different chars whenever we play, so he deserves his spot there IMO.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Maybe I should enhance my ego and play super serious every time I play with anyone(even those I know are not as good as me) for now on so I can move up on people's list. :) This thread is more comical than anything serious.

Here's my list of lols(Based on experience, tourney results, and other spoken results):

S - Tier
Malva00
Superboomfan
JaimeHR

A - Tier
Smoke2jointz
Sensei
A$
Frogles
Fireblaster
MattNF
PD
Nintendude
Unknown iXi
SheerMadness
MATTS!

B - Tier
Blue Yoshi
Kabal
Ecartman
Zenyore
Shooting Star King
MarioReincarnate
Firo
Jin iXi
WOTG iXi
Denken
YBOMBB

C - Tier
Killer
NTA
Legendary
Saske
Th3Kuzinator
Korobeniki
ImNotPro

Yawn, may make the other Tiers later, too lazy. If I didn't include you, it's either mainly because I honestly don't know where to put you, or because I just forgot.
Also, this list is actually very hard to make because most players within their range are fairly even(This includes the separate tiers below S-Tier). You being above someone doesn't make you significantly better. Malva is also not in a tier of his own because I don't believe he's "that" much better than Boom and Jaime.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
Maybe I should enhance my ego and play super serious every time I play with anyone(even those I know are not as good as me) for now on so I can move up on people's list. :) This thread is more comical than anything serious.

Here's my list of lols(Based on experience, tourney results, and other spoken results):

S - Tier
Malva00
Superboomfan
JaimeHR

A - Tier
Smoke2jointz
Sensei
A$
Frogles
Fireblaster
MattNF
PD
Nintendude
Unknown iXi
SheerMadness
MATTS!

B - Tier
Blue Yoshi
Kabal
Ecartman
Zenyore
Shooting Star King
MarioReincarnate
Firo
Jin iXi
WOTG iXi
Denken
YBOMBB

C - Tier
Killer
NTA
Legendary
Saske
Th3Kuzinator
Korobeniki
ImNotPro

Yawn, may make the other Tiers later, too lazy. If I didn't include you, it's either mainly because I honestly don't know where to put you, or because I just forgot.
Also, this list is actually very hard to make because most players within their range are fairly even(This includes the separate tiers below S-Tier). You being above someone doesn't make you significantly better. Malva is also not in a tier of his own because I don't believe he's "that" much better than Boom and Jaime.
Ok lets see if I can remember ppl I use to play.

C Tier
Beat some ppl you listed there no problem.

B Tier
I beat some ppl there

A Tier
Keep getting Frogles on his last or second to last stock, but can't never beat him. Played SheerMadness once a while ago with a person on my team since he challenged us 2 v 1. We one won but he still did hella damage, can't imagine what he would did if it was 1v1. I really wanna ditto his Yoshi against mine sometime since I improved since then

S Tier
Never played, wouldn't stand a chance. I would have to use hax to just to win a match.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Before's malva's tier should be

UNKNOWN Tier

...you know, for the people not KNOWN kekekeke...

-in which the list would then follow with...

UNKNOWN iXi.
-with the period-

ballin4life

Smash Hero
People I've played online that I thought were really good are sheermadness and A$.

Although I lose to pretty much everyone online when playing at 7 frames

th3kuzinator

Smash Master

S - Tier
Malva00
Superboomfan
JaimeHR

A - Tier
Smoke2jointz
Sensei
A$
Frogles
Fireblaster
MattNF
PD
Nintendude
Unknown iXi
SheerMadness
MATTS!

B - Tier
Blue Yoshi
Kabal
Ecartman
Zenyore
Shooting Star King
MarioReincarnate
Firo
Jin iXi
WOTG iXi
Denken
YBOMBB

C - Tier
Killer
NTA
Legendary
Saske
Th3Kuzinator
Korobeniki
ImNotPro

This is actually the closest one I agree with.

The only things I would change is moving Blue Yoshi to C, Matts to B or C and unknown to B.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I also have never made a I'm cooler than all of you cause i have 200 friends on facebook post. If I recall correctly when that post was made like 5 months ago it was to make fun of Nixxxon who made wild claims of what your facebook friends consisted of.
Lol What
Never said any wild claim about it, probably somethng llike facebook friends list is usually pretty different to your real friends list

Its cool that in this thread there is no official player tier list because everyone has their point of views and there are based on opinions.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I guess im the only one that will POST THE TRUE LIST. Since seeing everybody is going by "Smash talk" "and "Trash talk on Kaillera" and not actual wins and losses over one another. Ive seen almost everybody fight one another 1 vs 1. Ive seen proof.. So I would consider MY list as #1 Online Fake Smash List. Remember this is my OPINION over the past years of playing and seeing others play. This list is in no particular order, But a close to ORDER, as order changes from time to time as some lose and then some win at other times. Here's my list :

SSS Tier:

malva00

SS Tier:

JaimeHR
Smoke2joints
MATTS!
Boomfan
Frogles
HolyQuebec

S Tier:

Sensei
A$
Fireblaster
SheerMadness
Nintendude1189

A Tier:

Kabal
ZhinShin
MattNF
PD
YBOMBB
ZODiac
Saske
Legendary
Korobeniki
\\$Killer$//
imnotpro
Johnny
Surri-Sama
Peek
Denken
MarioReincarnate
Near
TheStarKing
ShadeMoneh
Zenyore
Firo

B Tier:

Battlecow
Jbandrew
Stormcrow2
The3kuzinator
WOTG
LULZ
Agent 21
SupA
Bloob
Agony
Purtle
Jin iXi
B Link
hamburgler
Blue Yoshi
Novakane
The Star King
Flippeh
ZGE
Smasher74
Wafflekong

The Great MATTS!
hooray for b teir! :D #7 ranked. sweetness.

i still think teir lists are a bunch of bias bs especially it being for players, but im happy.

but once again, i can give most of A Teir a run for their money. i almost beat surri samas on link dittos,i can beat ZOD, etc.

I guess if i were at 100% i could jump up to A teir.

(noted that i havent played some of B teir yet. :p)

The Star King

Smash Hero
I like how I'm on MATTS!'s list twice, and with a huge difference between my two places, I think he likes me or something :)

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I like how I'm on MATTS!'s list twice, and with a huge difference between my two places, I think he likes me or something :)
this reminds me star, me and you need to play a match, i think we played doubles once but it dsed or something.

I'm not sure why MATTS! put me up so high to be honest.

malva00

Smash Master
you shouldn't rank people in order because people play each other at different delays

if Johnny really does play every now and then in galaxy, then he's playing at 7-9 frames while other people play on 3-5

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
It's kinda hard for me to judge but nintendude seems quite a bit better then A$ imo...but i have not played A$ much....no offence D:

Dont hate for this pl0x ...if you think you should be...but are not on the list...you probably dont play online :o

SSS Tier imo...

Malva00
SuperBoomFan

SS tier imo...
JaimeHR
Sensei
Frog
Nintendude1189

S Tier imo...
Smoke2joints
SheerMadness
Peek
PD= A$

A Tier imo...
HolyQuebec
TheStarKing
Firo
MattNF
Korobeniki
ImNotPro
Fireblaster
Matts!

B Tier Imo...
Kabal
Surri-Sama
MarioReincarnate
Ybombb
Denken
I agree mostly with the list with a few changes. None of these changes show any of my bias and are my personal opinions of recent tournaments, recent matches, and all the various relevant things. I am including Matts! recent tourney among others

A. Not to insult, but I do not see Fire nearly that high, he has lost in online tournaments and online matches vs basically everyone in A tier. PD wins vs him now and so does A$. Even I stay even/win the majority of the matches I play with him now. He wasn't in Smoke's class in my opinion even when he was at the top of his game like 6 months ago, was just above me and MattNF but wasn't THAT much better, especially not now.

B: I move Nintendude up to SS tier, at least for online. I believe he is the bottom in other words of the top. Also, as per recent results, I put Frogles>Sensei at least for online. I believe Sensei is worse online than offline and Frogles is just a delay god outside of being a really good player.

C: I think that A$ and PD are in a class above Star King, Me, MattNF, and Fire, especially recently, I would put them on the bottom of S tier, as in just too good vs people who are below them but below the people above them, but not enough for them to go down a full tier.

D. Edit, forgot Matts!: Fire has won vs Matts! but Matts! OWNS AND PWNS whoever is below that, not joking but he is there, LOL.

E: Adding Firo in to A tier, I see him as slightly better than me in a similar way as MattNF but not as good as the S people (in similar to MattNF).

F. forgot about HolyQuebec, he has gotten wayyy too good. I think he is the definition of being between S tier and A tier.

G. Lol separate edits, added in ImNotPro.
H. Changed tiers to Boomfan and Isai being in SSS.

malva00

Smash Master
Malva is also not in a tier of his own because I don't believe he's "that" much better than Boom and Jaime.
I could be wrong, but the way I see it, these tiers are determined by a player's character with the best win/loss ratio, not skill (skill is everything from skill with multiple characters to win/losses to skill in all possible matchups etc.)

Someone in a higher tier is supposed to win a great percentage of the matches against people in the tier lower than him.

My best (highest win/loss ratio) 3-4 frame character is probably Kirby, and neither of them have beaten my present day Kirby enough (or not even once or twice? I dunno) to be on the same tier with me. This presents another thing to consider. Should people be forced to play their best online character all the time to make sure the tiers are perfect (of course not lol)?

If these tiers were about skill, then I'd prob still be in a tier by myself because I be pwning in all online 12 character battles so far.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I mean, Malva is in his own class, but so is Boom in the same way. I can't think of someone who stays that even online vs. Boomfan.

it is like (forgive me for LolBrawl comment) for the MK compared to Snake in the tier list. You would have to have an SSS tier for Malva00 and then a SS tier for Boomfan, and THEN a S tier for the people below him. It is why I have BoomFan and Malva00 in a single tier. Or like people are saying now that in meleee Falco, Fox, and Jiggs are tied in the top tier but Falco might possibly be the best of the 3 and some people are saying that Falco should be separate.

Also, it is not like you have to be wtf good with everyone to be that high. Jaime has a really good Falcon, Samus, Mario, and Fox but his other characters (no offense) are very good but not THAT good.

I mean, if you wanted an online proficiency in a full 12 char list, it would probably go for at least the top 5:

Malva00
Boomfan
Frogles
Sensei
Nintendude

But in terms of a single character, BoomFan's falcon hasn't lost to anyone recently I can think of in singles except for Malva00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom