• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North American ONLINE Player Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
by the way, why are people including Smoke on here for an..Online..tier ist.

he hasnt' played online in over half a year.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I put Boom and Jaime in S Tier for now. Needs more discussion and we can change it.

Does everyone think Boom should have his own tier?

malva00

Smash Master
shouldn't the people who determine that be boom and jaime?

unless you guys sit in their games and watch them play each other all the time? if they even play

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think it would be a cool thing for all the online players to reference and use to get better"

you don't need to put people in order if your goal is for people to see who is in what skill level

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Ideally Boom and Jaime would help us determine that but they have yet to post in here so maybe they don't want to get involved.

You're right we don't need to put people in order. If people just want non ordered tiers I'm fine with that. I just thought it would be more interesting to define the tiers as much as possible by grouping players within the tier.

Why don't you show us your list malva?

malva00

Smash Master
wtf I don't even play many people how the **** would I do that

plus isn't this supposed to be win/loss ratio? everyone would have a bad win/loss ratio against me. it would be different if i could say "player A beats my kirby more than player B"

I can't determine how often someone wins/loses against other people. I don't go around asking "hey frog did you lose to th3kuzinator today? what was the win/loss ratio?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
^
lmao

malva list would be something like

*Players who are harder to beat tier*

Boom
Jaime
etc

*Players who I destroy tier"

the rest

malva00

Smash Master
we should make a poll asking if we want ordered or non-ordered tier list

i'm going to assume the majority will want non-ordered, so let's do THAT. assuming makes everything so much easier

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
we should make a poll asking if we want ordered or non-ordered tier list

i'm going to assume the majority will want non-ordered, so let's do THAT. assuming makes everything so much easier
agreed.

Also, my list is just edited from Surri and Koro, thought it is vaguely ordered within tiers, though the B tier is just pretty random, since I feel the people there are very close in skill lvl:

SSS Tier:

Malva00
SuperBoomFan

SS tier:
JaimeHR
Frog
Sensei
Nintendude1189

S Tier:
ECartman
PD
A$
SheerMadness
Peek

A Tier:
rawrimamonster
TheStarKing
MarioReincarnate
Hammerheart

B Tier:
Korobeniki
Firo
Matts!
The3kuzinator
Surri-Sama
B link
WOTG
Zodiac
Saske
Ybombb
Denken
Legendary
Battlecow

I removed HolyQuebec, Fireblaster, MattNF, Zenyore, Jin, Kabal cuz haven't seen them in forever.

I also did not include myself.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I prefer non-ordered. Making ordered with this many players is too difficult. Especially when everyone knows the majority of those good players within their ranges are fairly even, with some people somewhat better than others.

HAMMERHEART is a pretty smart poster next to malva00.

I'm still laughing at s2j's posts, too funny.

That reminds me I forgot to put the hammerheart in my list, sorry, and sorry to others. I also would make adjustments like moving koro and imnotpro up (and others), I was judging half of it from past experiences and they've apparently got better... not saying they were never really good to begin with.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
i agree with u wotg but i am very upset at the lack of hammerheart tier

do i need to turn my tier into a set and define it with axioms? wtf give me HAMMERHEART TIER!!

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Some lists like Nova's make me lol so hard...and lol @ me not even being considered, despite me playing on even levels with a lotta the better players. /egowarimpendingfromtrolling

EDIT: lol demonic, I am NOT better than surri or koro its more or less even, and denken is WAAAAY too low on that list, anyone who has ever done serious 1v1's with the kid will know hes smart. Also fire still plays but only occasionally from what I saw.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
oK AFTER TALKING TO SASKE ABOUT THIS MATTER INDEPTH I DEMAND WE BOTH BE BUMPED UP DUE TO OUR LEET SKILLS IN THE AREAS OF READING AND MINDGAMES

I AM DEMANDING A HAMMERHEART TIER

AND HE IS DEMANDING A FISTICUFFS TIER WHERE HE IS KING AND HAMMERHEART WOULD BE 2ND OK

Saske

Smash Apprentice
oK AFTER TALKING TO SASKE ABOUT THIS MATTER INDEPTH I DEMAND WE BOTH BE BUMPED UP DUE TO OUR LEET SKILLS IN THE AREAS OF READING AND MINDGAMES

I AM DEMANDING A HAMMERHEART TIER

AND HE IS DEMANDING A FISTICUFFS TIER WHERE HE IS KING AND HAMMERHEART WOULD BE 2ND OK
I second this!

malva00

Smash Master
Ok now that we've agreed on non-ordered, I say no one should be in their own tier list, and that the letters be

S

A

B

C

D (if needed)

having the lowest people in D will make them go "*** I have a D atttached to my name" so then they will try to move up XD or maybe they will go "man I hate being a D" and quit playing online? D:

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I also vote for a non ordered list

agreed.

Also, my list is just edited from Surri and Koro, thought it is vaguely ordered within tiers, though the B tier is just pretty random, since I feel the people there are very close in skill lvl:

SSS Tier:

Malva00
SuperBoomFan

SS tier:
JaimeHR
Frog
Sensei
Nintendude1189

S Tier:
ECartman
PD
A$
SheerMadness
Peek

A Tier:
rawrimamonster
TheStarKing
MarioReincarnate
Hammerheart

B Tier:
Korobeniki
Firo
Matts!
The3kuzinator
Surri-Sama
B link
WOTG
Zodiac
Saske
Ybombb
Denken
Legendary
Battlecow

I removed HolyQuebec, Fireblaster, MattNF, Zenyore, Jin, Kabal cuz haven't seen them in forever.

I also did not include myself.
I like this as well.

I would move denken up to a higher tier, I would remove b link because he is fairly inactive, and would remove the second e from my name because thats simply not how its spelled :p

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
Some lists like Nova's make me lol so hard...and lol @ me not even being considered, despite me playing on even levels with a lotta the better players. /egowarimpendingfromtrolling

EDIT: lol demonic, I am NOT better than surri or koro its more or less even, and denken is WAAAAY too low on that list, anyone who has ever done serious 1v1's with the kid will know hes smart. Also fire still plays but only occasionally from what I saw.
Lol, my ranking is from like my experience playing you vs like them. I do decently against surri and koro, but you ***** me the last time we played. Maybe that was just a fluke or something :p

SheerMadness

Smash Master
malva obviously none of us know how other people do vs everyone so our lists are just based on our own experiences. And the goal is to make an accurate overall list with the help of everyone's own personal lists. Sharing your list would help too.

Even if you don't wanna make a whole list, just sharing the names of the people who do the best vs you would help. It would help if everyone did that. I'll start it off:

Boom - Haven't played him in a while but his Falcon beats me worse than anyone aside from malva.

Frogles - He doesn't **** me with any one character but he has more characters that go even with me than pretty much anyone else. His Ness probably has like a 60/40 advantage on my Yoshi.

Sensei - His Link gives me fits. Probably like 65-35 vs my Yoshi in his favor. Sometimes I **** his Fox and sometimes his Fox ***** me so that's pretty even.

Jaime - This is hard. He really likes to go Fox and Samus vs me which I seem to have an advantage vs him in. He rarely plays Mario vs me which probably gives me the most trouble and his Falcon probably has a slight advantage on me too.

A$ - He's 3-0 vs me in online tourneys so I'd have to give him the advantage. My Yoshi vs his pika and kirby always have close games but he seems to pull off the set.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
yessssssssssssssssssss u guys better listen to the delay god unless u want ur buttholes smited

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
wtf I don't even play many people how the **** would I do that

plus isn't this supposed to be win/loss ratio? everyone would have a bad win/loss ratio against me. it would be different if i could say "player A beats my kirby more than player B"

I can't determine how often someone wins/loses against other people. I don't go around asking "hey frog did you lose to th3kuzinator today? what was the win/loss ratio?
This is true, which is why the list is open for interpretation. It's been stated that this is about "how you feel" someone matches up. This is by no means an "end all of all" list of rankings

more of a general score, an easy reference...because for the most part a list could be created that isnt "completely" crazy

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Lol, my ranking is from like my experience playing you vs like them. I do decently against surri and koro, but you ***** me the last time we played. Maybe that was just a fluke or something :p
Lol all the elitists should avert their eyes because im about to say somethings that they consider a cuss words.

Playstyles, mine just counters yours. Plus I've played every air camp puff there is, styles old dood.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I find it odd though, honestly i used to be much better vs a jiggly then i am now :(

play style alteration must have done something to me

And Rawr, thats one HUGE reason bias hinders these kinda things...but we can still try :p

some of us have been here many a year now to see many a match...so personal matters aside we should have some kinda idea :p

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
I have been thinking about making a CONSOLE tier list for a while now since I'm prolly one of the few people that have played alot of the SWF players irl, but i got ninja'd by sheer. Oh well, i might still make it.

Also, this tier list would be better if used in conjunction with my "Who's your main in Smash 64?" thread to help players improve their skillz.

s2j's troll-fu will never be as strong as tigerbombz's.

Tigerbombz for SSS tier trolling
I agree, but s2j would atleast be in the SS tier haha. ****s too funny

MattNF

Smash Lord
Denken isn't underrated

Unless he was just sandbagging, I was playing him the other day and he didn't do very good

also, I agree on a HAMMERHEART tier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom