• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northern Ohio Melee Ranking Ladder

mers

Smash Ace
Soooo, who's going to APEX, and who needs a teammate? I wanna be able to come to some OH stuff and meet y'all and maybe find a teammate that way, but that looks like it'll be difficult.

z-axis

Smash Rookie
So is this thing dead or what. Come on, NEOH, we're still kickin'. :grimer:

Matt should be like 4th on this by now.

FlipX

Smash Ace
He lives in mid ohio, he is also terrible =P

Also ya i can fix it after the tourny, but I dont know any of the new people so someone can just post and tell me their order

Dees

Smash Journeyman
He lives in mid ohio, he is also terrible =P

Also ya i can fix it after the tourny, but I dont know any of the new people so someone can just post and tell me their order
Im sure the order would be super biased from anyone as us noobs have an ashtabula vs cleveland rivalry and also we havent played each other much. Maybe we can just go by placement after WTCA because I doubt everyone in ohio will be able to play each other.

tm

Smash Ace
Are you all in Cleveland area? I'm by Toledo, just trying to get in the competitive scene with some friends (good timing, amirite?), but are any of you guys out this way? Or anyone else for that matter?

FlipX

Smash Ace
Idk if anyone is out that way tmtmny.

As far as this ranking thing is concerned, if someone wants to get me a list of the order of placing for the bottom half I can update it since Im not sure who everyone is (just from the wtca results or w/e). The top half right now looks like 4%, X, Me, Z- Axis, Dempt in that order. Slightly off from results but for example zach beat dempt in bracket so I dont think I can put dempt above him right now.

Also we can add vanz back on whenever he gets back from NY and plays in another tournament. I have no idea what his schedule is though.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
1) 4% :foxmelee:

2) Flip :sheikmelee:

3) Z-Axis :falconmelee:

4) Dempt :marthmelee:

5) X :sheikmelee:

6) Pat :peachmelee:

7) KittyMW :foxmelee:

8) Skyson :sheikmelee:

9) Oliman :falcomelee:

10) Coach :peachmelee:

11) Slarti :peachmelee:

12) Get Low :peachmelee:

13) JwnZ :falcomelee:

14) ShroudedOne :peachmelee:

15) Aesir :foxmelee:

16) Double Rocky :falcomelee:

17) Jailbot :jigglypuffmelee:

18) Dees :falconmelee:

----------------------------------

In my opinion, that's where everyone stands. Just ranging it between the Cleveland and Canton players, since all of us are active for the most part. If you guys think players should be moved around, go for it. Again, it's just my opinion of who I think would rank where. Also, I only listed mains, just to help identify who that person usually plays for the majority. Feel free to edit secondaries.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Smart. Real smart. This is why I heart you.

Also I see Jaden lurking. If he ever comes back to Ohio ( </3 ), then he'd get 1st slot.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Is Pat/Klob only 6th? He was pretty good from what I remember. Way better than that free one, Dempt.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
That free guy Dempt beats him now. Oh, you weren't expecting that, were ya? Plus, if you don't notice, I don't really play Marth too much outside of tourney, just in pools and bracket, or mm's. Not for freebies like Juggleguy. :troll:

Although I still think they'd wreck tony >_<

Dees

Smash Journeyman
I dont really know the upper half of ohio, but here is my opinion of the bottom half.
Solace one beat shrouded in tourney so he deserves above him.
Sweet beat Jwnz in tourney.
Honestly I think solace one is the best of the lower half except maybe Get Low. I'll give it to low for now simply because he has been playing longer.
I dont think I deserve to be below aesir seeing as I place the same as him, but beat him one on one in a crew battle where I was down a stock.
I'll put rocky and jailbot above me because I dont really know how I stand against them and im humble. Im sure the cleveland kids would have a better idea lol
So my list...

13) Solace One :foxmelee:

14) Sweet :sheikmelee:

15) JwnZ :falcomelee:

16) ShroudedOne :peachmelee:

18) Double Rocky

19) Dees :falconmelee:

20) Aesir :foxmelee:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
That free guy Dempt beats him now. Oh, you weren't expecting that, were ya? Plus, if you don't notice, I don't really play Marth too much outside of tourney, just in pools and bracket, or mm's. Not for freebies like Juggleguy. :troll:
I guess your Marth skill just magically transferred over to me, based on those friendlies we played near the end of WTCA :denzel:

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I dont really know the upper half of ohio, but here is my opinion of the bottom half.
Solace one beat shrouded in tourney so he deserves above him.
Sweet beat Jwnz in tourney.
Honestly I think solace one is the best of the lower half except maybe Get Low. I'll give it to low for now simply because he has been playing longer.
I dont think I deserve to be below aesir seeing as I place the same as him, but beat him one on one in a crew battle where I was down a stock.
I'll put rocky and jailbot above me because I dont really know how I stand against them and im humble. Im sure the cleveland kids would have a better idea lol
So my list...

13) Solace One :foxmelee:

14) Sweet :sheikmelee:

15) JwnZ :falcomelee:

16) ShroudedOne :peachmelee:

18) Double Rocky

19) Dees :falconmelee:

20) Aesir :foxmelee:
Max isn't at the bottom, lol. I only put you at the bottom because I have no idea how well you play, but Max is better than I'd say 3/4 of the Shaker kids. I've seen what the kid actually plays like outside of the tourney and it's nowhere close to the rest's level. But then again, I have no idea how Solace One plays, or how Sweet plays. So it's a toss-up.

I'd probably put him between Shrouded and Jailbot, just because his avg play is closer to their level. Otherwise, he'd be below Get Low. And Get Low is better not just because he's played longer, but the gap between him and the rest of the bottom half is immense.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Updated it using dempts list for everyone i dont know. If I missed someone just post and people can just vouch for what place you should be. Also forgot about big soap being in town and as slippery as ever. Kid is making moves imo

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
The current list is a good place to start for now. I figure if anyone wants on it, then they can just post.

Other than that, we should probably implement a different way to climb the rankings....maybe base them off upcoming tournament results?

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
All of Ohio isn't active. If they were, they can simply post to ask to be put on the list.

And quit trolling.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Want to lose more money to me Abu? Is that what youre saying? I know your tricks Abu, lure me down to columbus with promises of 70 dollar MM's then ***** out and only play for 5. I see you abishek, I see you

oliman

Smash Journeyman
Well in this case i'm gonna haveta challenge skyson and then kitty. Up?

and lol at jailbot and Double Rocky being that low.

Top Bottom