• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing Special Mafia: Game Over! Who won?!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
It's pretty easy to get KevinToM to post nonimage related stuff. Can just get them to L-1 and see if they budge.

I don't think either cello or kat should die today.

i like where my vote is

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
hmmm rereading this thang

terrible vibes from kat he can def go

xonar lookin dumb or scum

moriartys mehiono. ive liked where their votesve been placed but then they unvote which saddens me. if you guys are having trouble coordinating where to put your vote i hope yall bring it to pm and decide cuz its distracting me. but youre voting now so i guess i cant complain much

dunno why marcs getting hate he looked like good peoples to me earlier. want more suspects from him now that mac is playing

mac can still go btw

cello moriarty denied having a post restriction. i guess they could be lying but they just dont have one

my other halfs lookin maaad cute in 115 but i disagree that kat is a gg

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for March 6, 2010 11:59AM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 7:
Cello_Marl: (0)
Kataefi: (0)
Macman: Marc, §tarshy, Xonar (:skull: :skull: :skull:)
Marc: SummonerAU, Moriarty, Cello_Marl (:skull: :skull: :skull:)
Mayling: (0)
Moriarty: Mayling, Kataefi (:skull: :skull:)
§tarshy: (0)
SummonerAU: (0)
Xonar: Macman (:skull:)
Not Voting: (0)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Well...

Kataefi: If Tom stopped posted in images, who would you consider for your vote after that? Can you see other reasons for Moriarty posting of images if they don't have a post restriction?
Yes that's exactly it summoner - I would definitely reconsider my vote! Other reasons? The only reason I'd feel Moriarty is limited to images is through a pr (post restriction in this case), and I'm very sceptical Xiivi would let that happen.

Simply put, if Moriarty can, they should (and they should do so now, because things are starting to stir and it looks to be dividing people's thoughts).

If they can't, they shouldn't... but then IMO town needs to evaluate just how useful a game of charades INSIDE a mafia game is going to pan out.

I've underlined particular phrases here so they can quote whichever one closely applies to them, and finally I can puy my mind at ease.
_

@Summoner - very interesting to me that you mention only Tom, why is this?
_

@Starshy: tbh... I'm really surprised =O You're the one advocating that there is no PR and talking about it is unhealthy. Yet you want Macman dead? Lack of contributions? And yet Moriarty is GG to you? inconsistency much? Both have hardly truly contributed to this game and you've developed divided opinions already. Weird to me...

Not to strawman, but this was also interesting. This quote...

moriartys mehiono. ive liked where their votesve been placed but then they unvote which saddens me.
...might as well be completely void.

If I were to be completely honest, it sorta kinda looks like you're dropping subtle defences here, what with the whole 'don't talk about the pr it's unhealthy', 'they've made good votes', 'they're GG' etc etc etc... something seems off to me. Must be vibes...

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Actually post #123 is completely ridiculous

I'll comment more tonight

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Unvote

Starshy: Cello stands out as the most anti-Town to me. He's been pushing for my lynch since the very start with no apparent reason, his posts are all over the place, he suggested Kataefi claim and every other post makes me facepalm pretty much. I have no experience with him, but if he's always like this I wonder why he isn't an auto-lynch really. Maybe I just get annoyed with people who act like their random nonsense actually contributes to scum hunting and everything they say has a hidden meaning (it probably does in their autistic world), but so far he's been terrible.

As for scummy vibes, most definitely Kataefi. Somewhat hesitant to vote because the rationale behind what he posts isn't that bad and I always have a tough time getting a read on him.

Xonar is a lot more active in Dutch games, but I'm not sure how much the language barrier is holding him back. Xonar?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I have time now <3

cello moriarty denied having a post restriction. i guess they could be lying but they just dont have one

How would you explain that Starshy?

@Marc: disappointed - would I be this careless to put my foot in everyone's business so early in the game? I know that's a rhetoric and it's a stupid defence but it seems like the vocal ones are the easiest to kill first.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Marc, you will notice that I'm not really as active and aggressive on english sites as on the dutch site. Mainly because I find it harder to recognize suspicious comments and stuff, and I just feel more comfortable with dutch.

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
@Starshy: tbh... I'm really surprised =O You're the one advocating that there is no PR and talking about it is unhealthy. Yet you want Macman dead? Lack of contributions? And yet Moriarty is GG to you? inconsistency much? Both have hardly truly contributed to this game and you've developed divided opinions already. Weird to me...
its cuz where moriartys votes have been

Not to strawman, but this was also interesting. This quote...

][COLOR="PaleGreen said:
moriartys mehiono. ive liked where their votesve been placed[/COLOR] but then they unvote which saddens me.
...might as well be completely void.
there was a point to it and you took it out of a paragraph. it was so i could tell them to stop the unvotes

If I were to be completely honest, it sorta kinda looks like you're dropping subtle defences here, what with the whole 'don't talk about the pr it's unhealthy', 'they've made good votes', 'they're GG' etc etc etc... something seems off to me. Must be vibes...
have we played before other than l4****fest? even there i think i said 'this guy looks town' and stuff like that but if i didnt its cuz i was scared that scum would just mass-incap them

Actually post #123 is completely ridiculous

I'll comment more tonight
uh oh

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Brilliant! :) So...

I'm sure you noticed the irony in your post. With that said:

why are you clearing them as GG based on your given facts they have no post restriction and have made good/bad votes?... lol...

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
It's pretty easy to get KevinToM to post nonimage related stuff. Can just get them to L-1 and see if they budge.

i like where my vote is
you do? deadlines in 3 days and no one else is voting with you. do you think itd be a good idea to do the -1 thing today?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah thought you'd take that literally... by GG, your #123 where you look very pro Moriarty in various places. I.e. you saying they have no pr when the ironic post you gave me as your reply says the exact opposite. Why are you liking their play because of this?

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
Yeah thought you'd take that literally... by GG, your #123 where you look very pro Moriarty in various places. I.e. you saying they have no pr when the ironic post you gave me as your reply says the exact opposite. Why are you liking their play because of this?
the post i gave you had them denying a post restriction twice

ive liked their votes cuz when they place one down i have an easy time seeing why theyd think whatever they were quoting was scummy

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
hmm now that you remind me kat the pussyfooting over moriarty and his restriction is distracting. specially with marc/summoner complaining about it but not doing anything to actually change it...

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I'd change it if I knew how. Lynching them over it seems too drastic. The troublesome part is mostly that it wastes discussion and people seem poised to take it as Town-tell.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'd change it if I knew how. Lynching them over it seems too drastic. The troublesome part is mostly that it wastes discussion and people seem poised to take it as Town-tell.
I don't know if people really took it as a town tell, could you quote the people who stated it clears them?
thathydra said:
specially with marc/summoner complaining about it but not doing anything to actually change it...
Tell us how, oh wise one.

see above said:
85 (on clarification that 89 denies the post restriction)
So you admit that they're contradicting themself? What is your opinion about that?

marcus said:
As for scummy vibes, most definitely Kataefi. Somewhat hesitant to vote because the rationale behind what he posts isn't that bad and I always have a tough time getting a read on him.
So you played with Kat before? Describe his town meta in your eyes, then tell us which posts exactly give you the vibes, please.

marcus said:
Unvote

Starshy: Cello stands out as the most anti-Town to me. He's been pushing for my lynch since the very start with no apparent reason, his posts are all over the place, he suggested Kataefi claim and every other post makes me facepalm pretty much. I have no experience with him, but if he's always like this I wonder why he isn't an auto-lynch really. Maybe I just get annoyed with people who act like their random nonsense actually contributes to scum hunting and everything they say has a hidden meaning (it probably does in their autistic world), but so far he's been terrible.

Xonar is a lot more active in Dutch games, but I'm not sure how much the language barrier is holding him back. Xonar?
So who you out for now and why aren't you voting that person?
kat said:
@Marc: disappointed - would I be this careless to put my foot in everyone's business so early in the game? I know that's a rhetoric and it's a stupid defence but it seems like the vocal ones are the easiest to kill first.
This doesn't seem to be what Marc was implying at all, why do you respond in this manner?

maclurk said:
Can just get them to L-1 and see if they budge.
Lurkers often convince me to post, like starshy said. Macman, name 1 reason to not lynch you before the deadline.

starshy said:
xonar lookin dumb or scum
Elaborate.

summoner said:
Cello: Would you prefer it if Moriarty posted in text? If they don't have a post restriction, why do you think they are doing it?
Summoner what exactly are you even trying to accomplish asking this?

aussieguy said:
I'd like to see if CellovKat develops but at the same time I'm thinking it's probably TvT so it's just making it easier for some people not to post
Why TvT?

cello said:
It was obvious that I was where you going with that Xonar. Why not just say, "I wanna lynch the Cellos?"

unvote vote Marc

Let's get 'im.
Well sorry for asking other players, Mr grumpy.

Now give us a reason to "get 'im"

Happy now, mr Xiivi and Marc?

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
moriarty 89 said "we are going to post like this the whole game" not "we have a post restriction". in 85 they say that they dont have to post images all the time and that im correct in them not having a post restriction. that leads me to believe that theyre choosing to be obnoxious. and cello needed a translator...

but what i mean by fixing the moriarty problem is lynching them. theyve said that theyll be posting like that all game (89) so if too many people find that distracting then macmans solution is the way to go. otherwise this approach of whining but doing nothing about it means this divide probably isnt gonna change over the course of the game

xonar i said "dumb or scum" cuz i dont feel like youve done much this game. my perception of you and macman is that you guys are circlejerking votes without doing much else

btw macman get into this game faster

cello you still feeling marc as the play? is there anyone else youd be willing to compromise on?

moriarty: ive gotten gg vibes from marc this game cuz hes doing stuff and taking hard stances as opposed to being a tricksy pain in the *** like star fox

3 days isnt long

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Cello act like this all the time and Kat does have a point about Moriarty. So unless one of the posts something that changes my mind, I'm okay with thinking of them as town for now.

With the question @Cello, I just wanted to see what he thought.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
moriarty 89 said "we are going to post like this the whole game" not "we have a post restriction". in 85 they say that they dont have to post images all the time and that im correct in them not having a post restriction. that leads me to believe that theyre choosing to be obnoxious. and cello needed a translator...

but what i mean by fixing the moriarty problem is lynching them. theyve said that theyll be posting like that all game (89) so if too many people find that distracting then macmans solution is the way to go. otherwise this approach of whining but doing nothing about it means this divide probably isnt gonna change over the course of the game
exactly my thoughts in a nutshell - I can't believe we conflicted over this. Now obnoxious = protown? I never knew about this! go back with this in mind and read my exchange with Cello, then come and tell me you have terrible vibes swinging my way :)

My vote is placed - until they start talking. Simple!

Macman's in the same boat to me except we know he could be useful in the long run because we can understand what he is saying rather than go through moments like this...
@Moriarty: I'm sorry, but I'm completely lost on your #91. I don't get it.
... the entire game =(
_

There's really no more I can say on the whole thing so I have no need now to prolong this unless someone decides to call it bull**** =( - I'll post some more thoughts in a jiffy about others :)

@Summoner - why did you mention only Tom btw when talking about the hydra?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Kat, I would assume it was just a slip of the tounge. I dunno why it happened. Probably because I was refering to Marshy and Steel individually before.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I don't have a problem with Moriarty posting the way that they do. If anything, it's just more information by watching how people try to interpret it. Kat having his vote on him to try to get him to change how he was going to be playing is fine; but actually being willing to lynch him is another thing. If Kat insists on that being a "good idea" then I'm still good on lynching him.

Xonar seems different from his Miller play. Differing in how he's abrasive, more inquisitior than AHAHAHAHAHAA @ you.

Meh. I'm willing to kill anyone other than myself. I might change that sentiment based on who is suggested and who suggests it.

Did you have anyone else in mind, Starshy ?

Did anyone else hear/see that conversation where Moriarty said he was going to do that before the game started? What about a Starshy/Moriarty scumteam?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
That picture scared the **** out of me lol... when this game ends Xiivi can enlighten us as to the truth because it's clear as day I'm not getting this =( So now Kat is BLINDFOLDED - I'm guessing my train of thought is way off track (that's if you're telling the truth through these images and whether I should be assuming you are truthful because of them).

@Cello - my vote on Moriarty certainly isn't final btw... I hope this isn't the assumption people are making. I'm not going to insist it upon town and force people to vote the way I am. I think discussing this is perfectly viable at this point in the game though alongside whatever anyone else wants to bring to the table.

Currently I'm not too fond of starshy atm to be perfectly honest. I want Macman to speak up or he'll make me increasingly more nervous... we don't want l4scum all over again (do we Cello?) Liking Marc's patient play. Mixed feelings about Cello. Everyone else is completely neutral to me right now. Moriarty's just bleurgh... sorry.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
vote: moriarity
let's do it. *****ing isn't really doing much.

I want xonar dead, he's the only person that seems even a bit scummy to me.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Kataefi said:
My vote is placed - until they start talking. Simple!
Kataefi said:
my vote on Moriarty certainly isn't final btw... I hope this isn't the assumption people are making. I'm not going to insist it upon town and force people to vote the way I am.
That certainly sounded like an ultimatum to me. You're voting for them...until they start talking. I know that you mean you'll take it off if they talk, but right now, that's literally the only reason you want to kill them. That's not good enough for me.

But it's enough for me to want to kill you. Or Macman, now.

unvote vote Kataefi

Consider my vote effectively on Kat, Mac, and Marc, now. I'll move to any one of them.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I'm going to put my opinion next to the name and then questions underneath.

1. Cello_Marl: Leaning towards town. I don't really like his "I'm happy with anyone dying but me" statement but I'm pretty sure that's just Cello.

2. Kataefi: I'm thinking Kataefi's town. I understand why he's voting Moriarty at least.
Kat, who would you be looking at if Moriarty stopped his image only posts?

3. Macman: I don't know what to think, he hasn't posted enough. I gathered from some of you that he's normally like this though.
Macman, how do you feel about Moriarty's posts this game? Is there any reason you have been fairly inactive? If another player had posted as much as you have, would you be suspicious of them?

4. Marc: Neutral.
How do you feel about Kat and Cello? I know you mentioned scum vibes from Kat in your last post so how would you consider Kat v Cello at this point in time?

5. Mayling: Neutral
Mayling, if Moriarty wasn't posting like he was, who would you be looking at and why?

6. Moriarty (KevinM/Tom hydra) Jerk
Why are you such a jerk? :(

7. §tarshy (Marshy/§teel hydra) Neutral
I noticed you stopped signing your posts, I assume you just stopped bothering?

9. Xonar: I'm thinking Xonar is town. I don't really see why people are saying he's suspicious though

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Cello > Kat > Xonar > Marc > Mayling > Starshy > Moriarty > Macman

I'm having some real trouble reading the hydras. I just don't think I like how hydras work at all :(

I'm pretty annoyed at Macman's lack of posting. I'm more annoyed at Moriarty's apparently non-post restricted posts. I don't think either reason is a good idea to base a lynch on. Starshy is under Mayling because I didn't like how Starshy pointed you out as either scum or dumb. Mayling below Marc just because Marc has said more thatn Mayling has.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
xonar i said "dumb or scum" cuz i dont feel like youve done much this game. my perception of you and macman is that you guys are circlejerking votes without doing much else
What you don't like about this? I honestly didn't really do much at the point when he made the statement.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Because I was expecting more stuff from Strashy about post restrictions and the people talking about them and then he comes out with that. I'm not sure if it was just one of the people in the hydra compared the other, but it struck me as kinda odd.

Top Bottom