• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing Special Mafia: Game Over! Who won?!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Moriarity had eight days to explain their shenanigans, with plenty of talk about putting them to L-1 to make them talk, and talk of their may-be-real-but-prolly-fake-oh-we-just-don't-know (I couldn't think of a word) post restriction consumed most of D1. Although town, they certainly weren't helping town progress or win. We had around 11 hours left, and whereas I don't think cello SHOULD have hammered so quickly, I don't see how it's highly unreasonable that he did, and I certainly don't think he's immediate scum for doing so.
First part is saying that their shenanigans are the reason they should be lynched? Then rambling about their post restriction consuming most of D1, while this was outside of their field of influence, they can't help it if Town decides to talk about it.
I do agree on them not helping Town progress, but can you give me 1 good Town reason why you would hammer early with a day like this D1 and not giving him time to explain?

Side note: What do you think the 'LOVE IS OVER' message means? Simple flavour?
If this is a mention to a role relationship I probably suck at catching breadcrumbs or Marc's partner sucks at breadcrumbing... /reread

macman said:
You realize cello is at L-1?

not tryna waste a day
Do something if you don't want to waste a day.

cello said:
The long and short of why I chose to hammer is because I got a strong town feeling from Moriarty
Cello you are making my head hurt, beside that I don't like your play at all compared to your play at Millers, where you are 'confirmed town.'
Your reversing of allignment is the WORST EXCUSE EVER.

maclurk said:
Also gonna try to figure out exactly xonar's been buggin me
You better find out :mad:

Oh to the ones who thought Marc+Kat scum team yesterday... Think a bit right now in response to the NK, and more then 'LOL IF DEY THINK MARC+KAT IS SCUM AND THEN THEY KILL MARC TO CLEAR KAT'
Kat either scum or town(lol standard everyone is scum or town) but I'm not sure on which I'll settle, he's not neutral though.
Mayling and Cello not sitting right with me, but I don't have anyone who sits good with me atm besides Summ.

Starshy, start signing your posts again, I don't want you to blame inconsistensies on your other half.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
If this is a mention to a role relationship I probably suck at catching breadcrumbs or Marc's partner sucks at breadcrumbing... /reread

Oh to the ones who thought Marc+Kat scum team yesterday... Think a bit right now in response to the NK, and more then 'LOL IF DEY THINK MARC+KAT IS SCUM AND THEN THEY KILL MARC TO CLEAR KAT'
Disregard, it was nothing special.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for March 15, 2010 5:00PM EST.

It's takes 4/7 to lynch!​

Day 2 Vote Count 2:

Cello_Marl: Xonar, Kataefi, SummonerAU (:skull: :skull: :skull:)
Kataefi: §tarshy, Mayling, Cello_Marl (:skull: :skull: :skull:)
Macman: (0)
Mayling: (0)
§tarshy: (0)
SummonerAU: (0)
Xonar: (0)
Not Voting: Macman (:skull:)

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, Moriarty can only communicate with pictures and quotes?
I'm hoping Kevin/Tom has a post restriction, I'd be disappointed with them if they were treating the game like a joke.
Moriaty, must you post images all the time? At home, my internet isn't the greatest so it's a little annoying on my end. Unless you mean you actually have a post restriction in that case, getting @ you Xiivi.
(
I'm inclined to think Kevom. Let's put him at l-1/l-2 and see if they squeak. :bee:

unvote: vote Kevom
I like your idea right now mayling

vote: Moriarty aka Tevkom
I wouldn't be happy with pushing Moriaty to L-2 just to check if the post restriction was legit or not. I'll be happy with just considering both players as jerks if they're doing it deliberately and going with the assumption of it being an actually post restriction.

I don't know about Moriaty at this point in time. I just find the images annoying. Why doesn't Moriaty just post an image with the text they want to type in it?
Cello has Moriarty made a single worded post? I understand it's around the RVS period but the jokes and filler posts are calming down now. OTHERWISE...=D... how useful could a poster be that communicates entirely in pictures? PR or no PR, I would like to read a worded post and (touch wood) I hope they surprise me with one :) Simple!
Okay then, simple picture-time KevTom, are you really going to continue posting like that throughout the whole game? Or is this a beginning-of-the-game phase to you? I can't call it at right now.
Why don't you post an image with only text in it with how you would normally post?

No seriously, participate. give elaborated opinions on players.
I am really not scum. Look no offence to anyone... I personally won't be able to get much information from someone as visual as Moriarty right now if they're going to post entirely in animated GIFs. It's like LITERALLY drawing blood from a stone. @Cello your post #103 is a PRIME EXAMPLE of this! So yes I want to see a worded post unless Xiivi has pulled the ultimate mind**** on us all.
Moriarty: You're a jerk :( Do you have any reason for posting with images? If so, I'd like to hear why after to game (I doubt you'll be able to find an image that explains why you're doing it now)
I think Cello is too eager to clear Moriarty because of their post restriction. Kevin and Tom spam those pics all the time in social boards and it seems a bit too convenient for them to be the ones with a restriction like that. It's like giving M2K a post restriction to talk about Meta Knight. It also seems like a huge mind**** for a small setup, considering the knee-jerk response is to clear them. This game is called "Nothing Special Mafia", so the more I think about the PR, the less I believe it. Even if it's legit I can understand Kataefi's frustration with a player that can only post pics and vote, not to mention it's two capable players on one account. Once again, I'd be disappointed if they did fake it, but that shouldn't get in the way of my judgement. Cello has been very awkward and confusing since the beginning of the game. I applaud his activity, but he can very well prove to be a liability regardless of alignment. That said, he might be on to something with Kataefi, but it's a gut feeling rather than logic.
It's pretty easy to get KevinToM to post nonimage related stuff. Can just get them to L-1 and see if they budge.

I don't think either cello or kat should die today.

i like where my vote is
Yes that's exactly it summoner - I would definitely reconsider my vote! Other reasons? The only reason I'd feel Moriarty is limited to images is through a pr (post restriction in this case), and I'm very sceptical Xiivi would let that happen.

Simply put, if Moriarty can, they should (and they should do so now, because things are starting to stir and it looks to be dividing people's thoughts).

If they can't, they shouldn't... but then IMO town needs to evaluate just how useful a game of charades INSIDE a mafia game is going to pan out.
vote: moriarity
let's do it. *****ing isn't really doing much.
[/quote]

First part is saying that their shenanigans are the reason they should be lynched?
You did ask me if I would be okay with lynching the most anti-town player, which I did clarify I thought was Kevom.

May, if we find no lynch candidate, what do you think about lynching the most anti-town player? or do you want to lynch the lurker? Who do you think is the play atm? Who is the most anti-town atm?
Here's you quoting it, btw, in case you forgot.

It's interesting that you're trying to turn the lynch of Kevom on anyone, tho.

After all, looking at these quotes from Day One, only up to page ten (I was going to go thru page 17, but I do believe I've proven my point) it's not like we asked them to please talk, stop posting images, said what they were doing was unreasonable if they could speak, etc.

Oh. Wait. We did!

What I'm trying to say here, is that Kevom had plenty, plenty of time to speak, share opinions, etc but they refused to do so. I don't see how it's highly unreasonable that they got lynched over it.

Then rambling about their post restriction consuming most of D1, while this was outside of their field of influence, they can't help it if Town decides to talk about it.
This statement is so facepalming it's saddening. Cmon, really? It WAS within their field of influence: they could have stopped ANYTIME and posted in words, but they chose not to. They can help if town decides to talk about it: by posting in words. Would have stopped it immediately.

However, you act like they were some sort of entity outside our reach of influence, when they weren't. They WERE inside our reach of influence; by votes. And hey, look where that got them.

I do agree on them not helping Town progress, but can you give me 1 good Town reason why you would hammer early with a day like this D1 and not giving him time to explain?
I said this before. They saw it coming. All through the beginning of Day One. They had time to explain themselves, but didn't.

Btw, looking thru these quotes really convinced me Kat was scum. He really had a different approach of lynching Kevom than the rest of us.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
My question had an 'if' to it.
'if' we find no better lynch candidate. We had 21 hours, that's still about 1/7th of a game day, yet there was an early hammer allowing us no further search of a better lynch candidate.

The point I'm trying to make is that the Town could also just've seen it as 'active lurking' instead of making posts all through the day about having them talk when they CLEARLY stated they didn't want to post in questions.

Clarify on Kat's different approach. I can see the vibes you're getting, but I don't really see anything concrete though.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Actually... this is ridiculous!

@Mayling: Afaik I was motivated by your initial approach to lynch Kevom and 3 others followed. What exactly makes me different from the rest and you totally exempt from this approach? Look at #75, and look at yours before that. I was simply vocal enough to develop my vote whilst you lurked and kept very quiet. But the same principle applies - the reasoning for which you think I'm scum because of a different approach is contradictory to your own play D1 because your approach was exactly the same.

The whole sentence looked very tacked on if I say so myself :) Scum dessssperate for that lynch ooooo!

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
@Starshy: How disappointed are you that I chose to hammer?
i almost replaced out. you should thank steel and xiivi for dealing with my *****ing over aim cuz otherwise itd be here. we also had a shot at lynching katae yesterday with marc coming around and moriarty suspecting him

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Steel: Do you keep AIM logs? If you do, will you post what was said, removing anything that Xiivi said?

Starshy's response to me feels genuine, plus I usually read bickering between hydra heads as a town tell. What do you rest of you think about that?

@Kataefi: The reason I feel uncomfortable with you is your attempt to tunnel onto me, combined with your explicit mentioning of Left4Scum. Twice (in #65 and #148). To me, it seemed like you were trying to imprint onto the others the idea that I am "different" (and compared to L4S, I am), while suggesting that you are the same. Despite that, there's no Kat tunnel. Nice, open options. You could say that you've changed since then, but then, what's the point of singling out how I'm acting differently? Your intent shines through.

Also,
Cello I get the feeling you're brushing off what I'm saying in favour of fashionably calling me out.
I was the first one to vote for you/say anything about you. How was that "fashionably calling you out"?

Long story short, you're jumping at every little thing that you can.

Xonar said:
Assuming there's 2 scum on 9 players (which is average and reasonable), we can make 3 mislynches, if we lynch you today because of your (yes I'm blaming it on you) mislynch and you are town, know that you single-handedly destroyed a whole game.
I can definitely see why a person might think what I did was scummy. But, here, you seem far too willing to make a deliberate mislynch (of me) and blame it on me. The whole of this statement is berating me for killing town's chances rather than producing anything constructive.

I'm uncomfortable being at L-1. I'd like to no longer be at L-1.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@Kataefi: The reason I feel uncomfortable with you is your attempt to tunnel onto me, combined with your explicit mentioning of Left4Scum. Twice (in #65 and #148). To me, it seemed like you were trying to imprint onto the others the idea that I am "different" (and compared to L4S, I am), while suggesting that you are the same. Despite that, there's no Kat tunnel. Nice, open options. You could say that you've changed since then, but then, what's the point of singling out how I'm acting differently? Your intent shines through.

Also,

I was the first one to vote for you/say anything about you. How was that "fashionably calling you out"?

Long story short, you're jumping at every little thing that you can.
Cello :) 2 posts - of which one holds truth and the other wasn't in the context you're describing, at all. You are radically different from Left4Scum, the first game I played with you. Why would asking this be a scumtell?

The second implied lurkers = scum, in case you never got the hint.

Fashionably calling you out was in response to your carefree attitude the whole time up until your most recent post in which you'd, almost literally, ignore my existence and carry on spouting 'kat scum scum' as if, Shock! Horror! it was fashionable =)

I think the situation is best described as you fishing for trouble. The main events of D1 were instigated by yourself and Moriarty's shenanigans. That's the impression I got D1 and I took the bait on both.

@Steel: Do you keep AIM logs? If you do, will you post what was said, removing anything that Xiivi said?

Starshy's response to me feels genuine, plus I usually read bickering between hydra heads as a town tell. What do you rest of you think about that?
Aw how cute =| Let me console my other self on this one and exchange cute thoughts =/ For now the log would be interesting. Starshy's bickering and *****ing does nothing to me atm when he's targeting me hardcore for 'spearheading' a lynch I made clear.as.day with no hidden agenda early D1, and yet he did jack all preventing it, was all for the greater good of the town instead, wasn't phased one inch by the surprised hammer and now whines like it's big business wat?! Maybe Starshy would like to comment on this part of my post and ease my mind!

Cello you conveniently never answered my question btw :)
Also Cello your excuse for hammering is so bad :)

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
Marshy
what the **** ughghg
Steel
?
Marshy
cello just dropped hammah
Marshy
ugh ****
marc town (removed) town (removed) town
Steel
yea
5:22 PM
Marshy
i typed a few messages but they were all too *****y so
we are lynching the **** out of kat tomorrow
Steel
okay
ill be caught up by then
Marshy
pissed enough that im considering just replacing out
5:34 PM
Marshy
mmm yeah
that wagons too worst **** awful to not have scum on it
Steel
yeah there def is.
Marshy
im willing to spend the rest of it lynching them and flaming cello

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Kat seems weird and his thoughts on Moriarty are weird. I seriously want to lynch him.
Mid reread, but I agree with this. In retrospect it seems really easy for people to draw attention to Tom alleged [or lack of] a post restriction. Which xonar was also doing. Xonar also was pushing/voting for me because of my inactivity, something else that seemed really easy to push.

also wanna say that moriarty's posts are too good that it's detrimental. They're detracting from my reread, i found myself skipping over posts so that I can get to the next moriarty one.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
word im doing something right, [just saw moriarty fos kata for the same reason]

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
finished d1: Add mayling to that group that contained xonar/kat. Those 3 are in my lynch pool. I feel like xonar hasn't contributed anything worth anything. I also feel like I said this before, which probably means that I'm on the right track being suspect of him.

I get such gg vibes from rereading cello. He's playing very mller's hollowish and very not scumwars ish.

his hammer is so completely out of place, did not expect it especially after how hard he's been pushing kata all day. But then joins him on this lynch. Honestly I still think he's town, just kind of bewildered that he hammered.

I also feel dumb for leaving my vote there.

are we really confining out options to kata/cello today? If that's the case i'd go kata

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I need to get people reconsidering this. Mac I think you need a careful look at my posts.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Macman: What do you feel about Starshy's log? What does that tell you about his alignment? Why May for scum? Also, I'd personally be willing to go Xonar. I think we have a shot at convincing Mayling, too, but Starshy would like to off Kat first. Not that I blame him, I agree.

Xonar said:
We had 21 hours, that's still about 1/7th of a game day, yet there was an early hammer allowing us no further search of a better lynch candidate.
This quote irritates me. It's unrepresentative of the situation, especially the "1/7th of the game day" part. Aside from the fact that it was less than 1/8th, it suggests that there was significantly more time left than there really was. At 18 hours, 10 if you account for sleep, it's unlikely that any "discussion" would have amounted to more than "Kat?" "Kat." Which would have been better, I suppose. But, whatever. The important part here is what Xonar was trying to suggest.

Kataefi said:
Aw how cute =| Let me console my other self on this one and exchange cute thoughts =/ For now the log would be interesting.
Maybe I need a translator for you too. What? What other self? Are you talking about Marshy and Steel? If you're being sarcastic, why would the log even matter to you? If you aren't, what information are you gleaning from Steel's log?

@Starshy: I'm sorry.

Also, I was referring more to the portions where Steel was convincing Marshy to not replace out when I talking about the logs. This works well enough for me, though.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Mid reread, but I agree with this. In retrospect it seems really easy for people to draw attention to Tom alleged [or lack of] a post restriction. Which xonar was also doing. Xonar also was pushing/voting for me because of my inactivity, something else that seemed really easy to push.

also wanna say that moriarty's posts are too good that it's detrimental. They're detracting from my reread, i found myself skipping over posts so that I can get to the next moriarty one.
Me? I wasn't paying much attention to the post restriction at all, to be honest. The reactions on the other hand were intriguing.
On the activity thing, I decided to actually be active this game and it's quite frustrating to see you post, whom I see as a good player, with an one-liner. I bet you can see why then, right? I do agree to not putting my vote between my stances, and that I used it ineffectively.

Problem with Cello right now is not only his Hammer but also that he isn't posting what I'm used from him in Miller's. His post give a different vibe, and not the usual 'hyperactiveallovertheplace!' thingy that is somewhat annoying yet usually gives me a townie feeling about Cello.

The important part here is what Xonar was trying to suggest.
I'm suggesting that you took away our precious time.

Unvote
for now. I don't know about Kat, but Mayling works with me atm. With the blaming me for taking an easy lynch while she is voting Kat etc.

Mr Summoner, you got anything to say? You went silent again.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer

Day 2 Vote Count 3:

Cello_Marl: Kataefi, SummonerAU (:skull: :skull:)
Not Voting: Macman, Xonar (:skull: :skull:)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I can't afford to be in this position. I had an incentive D1 to get in everyone's face. I expected Moriarty to take it seriously at L-1 in which I would have switched my vote to Cello/Starshy. I had no 'scum' benefit lynching someone like Moriarty. I didn't expect the hammer which really threw me off.

Cello I am impressed. Either I'm totally misreading you or you really are the pied piper!
_

also Cello I think the aim log is fake or staged. Starshy had too much time D1 and his reaction now is wildly different to his reaction when he first saw the wagon. You (Scumshy) had plenty of time and I don't like the *****ing. Talking of replacing out and not walking it makes the whole 'flustered superior townie' image totally staged to me and the hydra business/whole aim log just supplement that. Me no likey =p

Summoner's very clued up in the game imo. really I'd like to hear your thoughts right now.

Also Mac no offence you lurked hardcore D1, I think it's quite right that people would bring attention to you. Same with Marc. Saying that, I don't think Xonar wasn't very involved as much imo but still you were more non-existent D1 than anyone else. I haven't looked at xonar this game at all actually so I'll do a reread.

Cello answer my question please =)

Mayling awaiting a reply for my post #247

Starshy/Cello (either one or the other)
Mayling

My lynch pool right now

unvote so I can think about this carefully

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
macman i agree @ xonar. i still feel like he has done nothing this entire game. its hard to expand on my xonar hate when i consider a lot of his posts noise. and were not narrowing it to kat or cello considering maylings lurking hardbody and xonar is being suspect

@Starshy: I'm sorry.
:))))))))

kat note that the logs timestamp was around 5 30. i had made a post about two hours earlier saying i was probably going to switch to you but wanted to see if steel agreed if thatd be a good move. by the time i got to talk to steel cello had already struck

im looking forward to what you find about xonar. also i think your lynchpool is silly and you could do better if youre town. thinking youre smarter than youve played is a big reason why ive pushed you so hard today (sorta buddying deal with it)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
also Cello I think the aim log is fake or staged. Starshy had too much time D1 and his reaction now is wildly different to his reaction when he first saw the wagon. You (Scumshy) had plenty of time and I don't like the *****ing. Talking of replacing out and not walking it makes the whole 'flustered superior townie' image totally staged to me and the hydra business/whole aim log just supplement that. Me no likey =p
Bad vibes Kat.

Imo, we should just ignore the log. I did read it but I'm not gonna think anything of it, as it can always be faked.

Really wondering what that reread is gonna do.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
just throwing this in quick before I make a bigger post, @Xonar why would this be giving you bad vibes when you just echoed exactly what I said as a possibility? 'It can be faked' vs 'It is faked' point to similar conclusions, no?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It just gave me bad vibes. YOU are accusing Starshy of being scum by faking the logs and lying. I am saying it's possible and thus it should be ignored.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Kat and Xonar: It is possible that it is faked. Obviously, we can't just accept it, but we shouldn't ignore it, either. Instead, let's see what other information we can acquire.

@Starshy: Your log looks strange to me.

CelloMarl (12:24:44 AM): maymay
CelloMarl (12:24:49 AM): you have to stop s2
CelloMarl (12:24:55 AM): stooooooop him
maylingchan (12:25:00 AM): :(
maylingchan (12:25:01 AM): i can't
azumarillbro (12:25:03 AM): what am I doing.
CelloMarl (12:25:15 AM): being
CelloMarl (12:25:28 AM): you are currently in the state of "is"
CelloMarl (12:25:32 AM): that must cease
azumarillbro (12:25:35 AM): oh that's right
azumarillbro (12:25:36 AM): my bad
azumarillbro (12:25:53 AM): allow me to correct my foolishness

Every log that I have seen follows a similar format to this. Why is your log different? What chat application do you use?

It's unreasonable to believe that it was retyped when copy/paste is so much more convenient. If I can recreate your post's style, then I'll believe it was sincere, and be set on lynching Xonar and Kat. Otherwise, I want to lynch Starshy too.

@Kat: Your thoughts on Moriarty were weird, and since there is no reason they should be altered after his death, I have to ask why you thought my mind would be changed at all. What's changed since then?

What question did I not answer?

What game am I in?
Nothing Special Mafia.

Why would asking this be a scumtell?
So, why did you bother singling out the point that I'm acting differently from then?

The second implied lurkers = scum, in case you never got the hint.
It doesn't imply that, it never implies that. Lurkers exist when town is lazy or confused. The existence of town lurkers creates an environment where scum can hide. Removing that darkness with the illumination of discussion forces the scum to hide in plain sight, a feat harder than hiding amid darkness.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
If that were the case, Xonar, then how did the archived log they posted go from the style of writing that I showed to what they posted?

I already know that they both have AIM accounts, and nothing else is listed, so AIM is the most likely chat program that they use. But knowing isn't nearly as important as hearing what they have to say.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
dont think the screen shot was necessary. I for one didn't think you guys were lying

especially not anymore

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Hey guys, let's not get too focused on the log Starshy posted. Doesn't anyone remember what happened most of day one with Moriarty's posts?

Cello, I don't know about the others, but I still see no reason to unvote you. You still get answer why you hammered Moriarty before he had posted at L-1. Until then, I won't even consider unvoting you.

Mayling, could you possibly be less active after defending Cello? If Kataefi wasn't an option today, who would you be looking at?
May said:
I agree with Cello

which makes me all sort of nervous.
What was it you were refering to? Cello's ideas in general or Cello's idea that Kat/Xonar are scum?

Xonar, I went silent because I stated my opinions last post. Cello had one thing right that I should mess up the day with continous scum hunting of Cello. I was waiting for people's reactions to things. Why did you unvote Cello? Please ELABORATE on your reason if it's something like 'because I got town vibes' etc
Zonar said:
Gonna read up some Kat meta before making that post, gone now.
So, what did you learn?
Zonar said:
Kat either scum or town(lol standard everyone is scum or town) but I'm not sure on which I'll settle, he's not neutral though.
I assume you've settled on town then if you've unvoted him...?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I'm done with Starshy's log.

I really wanted to believe them, especially due to the redacted portions. That just doesn't seem like something someone would consider including. Also, most fabricated illusions try to be as complete as possible, so the fact that the beginning was missing a time stamp was another clue to that end. A realism that usually isn't achieved artificially.

I BELIEVER YOU.

vote Kataefi

Xonar said:
but also that he isn't posting what I'm used from him in Miller's.
Macman said:
I get such gg vibes from rereading cello. He's playing very mller's hollowish and very not scumwars ish.
From context, I'm assuming Macman meant Batmanfia. However, these feelings are mutually exclusive. What do both of you think about the other's belief about my play in this game?

@Summoner: I don't know what to think about your last post. The fact that you quote "Zonar" tells me that you copy/paste text then use the quotes tags, then add =Name to the first quote, instead of using the "quote" and "multiquote" buttons, and how you pronounce his name. I don't think that you are trying to intentionally mislead us that way...the only reason you would do that is if you were in a scum team with him and trying to subtly suggest that you are not.

Also, I thought I said that I didn't expect you to unvote. I really don't. Because I don't have an answer. Honestly, I just kind of did it. If you like, I can go back and try to make up a reason after the fact, but that's all I can do.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer

Day 2 Vote Count 4:

Cello_Marl: SummonerAU (:skull:)
Not Voting: Kataefi, Macman, Xonar (:skull: :skull: :skull:)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
nah, somebody told me that Xonar gets a little annoyed at his name being pronouced Zonar or something. So it was just a little joke. If you didn't notice, I also did May.

...I didn't even know there was a multiquote feature...

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Summoner said:
somebody told me that Xonar gets a little annoyed at his name being pronouced Zonar
Who did? When? Where?

Off topic: So...how is it pronounced then?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I was told that the X is pronounced as an X or something like that.

BACK TO THE GAME.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
In your message you said you were going to bed, but I'm not done with the night.

Clarify on Kat's different approach. I can see the vibes you're getting, but I don't really see anything concrete though.
Here comes the miracle:

I present to you: Extreme buddying Kataefi!

Xonar... thoughts right now?
I thought Xonar's post was brilliant lol.
What game am I in? =p Feels to me like people are going 'oh it's just Cello it's alright then' and giving him a free pass =/ (looking @ you mayling). I won't be around all day so for what it's worth if you do hammer Mac I might as well list that I think Summoner feels very townie to me, neutral on Xonar and yourself, not liking Starshy/May/Cello.

Xonar... thoughts right now?
Kataefi, other than you are scum buddies, care to share why you are so interested in prodding, poking, and lustful for Xonar's thoughts and feelings?

After all, in the last quote you say "Xonar is neutral to me right now. Summoner feels very townie." Why aren't you more interested in someone's thoughts that you feel are 1) scummy or 2) townie? Instead you prod and poke at the person you feel is neutral on your list.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

@Mayling: Afaik I was motivated by your initial approach to lynch Kevom and 3 others followed. What exactly makes me different from the rest and you totally exempt from this approach? Look at #75, and look at yours before that. I was simply vocal enough to develop my vote whilst you lurked and kept very quiet. But the same principle applies - the reasoning for which you think I'm scum because of a different approach is contradictory to your own play D1 because your approach was exactly the same.

The whole sentence looked very tacked on if I say so myself :) Scum dessssperate for that lynch ooooo!
Kat this whole post sounded SO fake. "AFAIK" = As far as I know I (Kat) was motivated by your initial approach... blahblahblah.

What, that doesn't even begin to make sense. You would know your own motivations for wanting to put Kevom at L-1 and you made it clear throughout d1 that it was to make them speak, just like I said.

I can't afford to be in this position. I had an incentive D1 to get in everyone's face. I expected Moriarty to take it seriously at L-1 in which I would have switched my vote to Cello/Starshy. I had no 'scum' benefit lynching someone like Moriarty. I didn't expect the hammer which really threw me off.
Again with the no sense-making.

You had every incentive as scum to push for a Kevom lynch. He was posting in pics, which seemed at large to be considered anti-town, and got on people's nerves (Summoner for instance, made that distinctly clear.)

Scum benefits from any town that they get lynched. So to say that a scum Kat would garner no benefit from lynching Kevom is vomit inducing.

I am really not scum.
We should really clear Kataefi.

we don't want l4scum all over again (do we Cello?) Liking Marc's patient play. Mixed feelings about Cello.
A strange prod toward's Cello in this second quote.

It's all cause and effect, and I will definitely feel cheated if I'm lynched over Moriarty this Day and then they suddenly decide to take things seriously.
Really I feel we can't be collectively hasty - no one hammer at this point so we can draw out more discussion.
This was after Kataefi came blazing out with a vote on Cello.

@Summoner why the vote so early out of curiosity? Yeah I speak for myself as well but I assumed people would have capped at L-2 until some more discussion went ahead.
Then gets onto Summoner for doing the same thing.

Everyone else is completely neutral to me right now. Moriarty's just bleurgh... sorry.
Starshy!

I think you're going around in circles! I've expressed that aside from the whole pic issue, I have mixed feelings on:

- You
- Cello
- and I'm not keen on Macman for lurking but this is slowly being switched to Marc. Marc has gone quiet.
BUtbutbut.

I thought you said everyone was neutral to you? :confused:
But all Day 1 you've been going for Starshy, Macman, Marc, and Cello. (Nice large lynch pool, btw, so you have plenty of wiggle room to land your vote on a townie.)

Can we lynch him yet?

Other random tidbits that I have not yet addressed:

finished d1: Add mayling to that group that contained xonar/kat. Those 3 are in my lynch pool. I feel like xonar hasn't contributed anything worth anything. I also feel like I said this before, which probably means that I'm on the right track being suspect of him.
PLease tell me why you think I'm suspicious.

Problem with Cello right now is not only his Hammer but also that he isn't posting what I'm used from him in Miller's. His post give a different vibe, and not the usual 'hyperactiveallovertheplace!' thingy that is somewhat annoying yet usually gives me a townie feeling about Cello.
Looks like you and Macman disagree. I do, as well.

We should duke it out. Who's right, who's wrong? Rock paper scissors, shoot.

@Starshy: Your log looks strange to me.
Stop it.

Mayling, could you possibly be less active after defending Cello? If Kataefi wasn't an option today, who would you be looking at?
Technically I could be going to bed instead of making this post. I was writing a paper last night. You knew this, didn't you?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I did, but I didn't think of it when I was posting...

the second part of the question is still valid, no?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Mayling <:mad:3

I'm tired, it's the early hours and I haven't finished my reread yet but i noticed your post and it was like some high powered magnet summoning machine, so without further ado:

Kataefi, other than you are scum buddies, care to share why you are so interested in prodding, poking, and lustful for Xonar's thoughts and feelings?
After all, in the last quote you say "Xonar is neutral to me right now. Summoner feels very townie." Why aren't you more interested in someone's thoughts that you feel are 1) scummy or 2) townie? Instead you prod and poke at the person you feel is neutral on your list.
Neutral = yes no maybe so i.e. slightly not contributing as much as they should in my eyes or playing it on the safe side etc.... i like it when I can look at someone's posts and think they could be town/scum or have a noticeable, strong presence.

I'm rereading him, others, and the game in general, so this was pretty convenient timing for you to present something like this. Anyway by your standards right now I must also be buddying Summoner and bussing you, Cello and Starshy and so suddenly like magic everyone and their mother must be my scum compatriots in this game!......

In all seriousness - I'm asking for Xonar's thoughts at a time when I considered him quiet. I've done this many times for Mac, I did this for the late Marc, I've requested Summoner's thoughts plenty of times, I've prodded and am still prodding Cello to answer my question, I've wanted Mayling to comment on my post #247 which she didn't fundamentally address, I've asked Starshy to comment on my rage paragraphs about his *****ing many times which he did and thanks. I'm pretty sure everyone here can attest to these things.

So with that said :)... a question for you ---> Obviously you've built this case up for some time. Why have you noticed solely my relationship with xonar and not anyone else in the game in which I've done many similar things? =/ i'd love to know...

Kat this whole post sounded SO fake. "AFAIK" = As far as I know I (Kat) was motivated by your initial approach... blahblahblah.
As far as I know - as in, as far as what I know right now.

As far as what I know right now... i was motivated by your initial approach... etc...

Makes perfect sense to me. Phatic talk really does lighten the mood.

I think... this was a failed attempt to make me look even scummier than you were intending.

You would know your own motivations for wanting to put Kevom at L-1 and you made it clear throughout d1 that it was to make them speak, just like I said.
See this is what i find odd! Cello thinks my thoughts on Moriarty are weird which I would assume means he finds your thoughts as weird too because, just like you said, your vote this day was for the exact same purpose as mine. Why he's so intent with focusing on me and not you is a chapter I'd like finished please =)

You had every incentive as scum to push for a Kevom lynch. He was posting in pics, which seemed at large to be considered anti-town, and got on people's nerves (Summoner for instance, made that distinctly clear.)
Yes...

Because it's not like I ever made that distinctly clear.

Dig that tunnel mayling!
_

Will post my thoughts afternoon of tomorrow hopefully. Cello I'll answer your questions (mine to you was who is in your lynch pool aside from me and why?), Starshy i'll give you feedback. Also I don't want to be at L-1 thanks.

Top Bottom