• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

CTL17

Smash Lord
If it was any earlier I woulda been in like elementary school LOOOOOOL
2002: If I have my ages correct, Chillin just finished 6th grade when he joined smashboards. You know, now that I think about it, I had to rely on dialup back then.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
the main thing is that it needs to be metro accessable for all the va players who dont like drivers licenses

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
For me an old school smasher had to have been going to tournaments at or before Game Over... that **** was legit... Chillin was like 14 then then I think and I remember he sent Ken to loser's bracket. That tourney was ridiculous hype. Had to go back to Azen's house to finish top 8 or some **** lol.

Drawing blank on a new venue idear...

My original join date was Sept 2003 just as an FYI to some folks. I joined with the scrub username: "BigDaddyFalcon" because at the time I thought the knee was the coolest thing ever, but yeah I had to change that shiii. Haha it's fun remeniscing on the good ol days of scrubbery though...

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Ripped up the carpet today. We're getting tiles instead of a new carpet. On the plus side, I should have more space when stuff gets reorganized. Also possibly new furniture.

You all suck **** and regardless of the condition of my basement, I'm not going to host a single tournament until a new reliable venue is found and something is hosted there.

Flamingo's workplace could be legit. Maybe I could try to host something on nvcc campus.

Is anyone ever free on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays? There's a library where you can rent a good sized room (holds ~50 people) in Falls Church for free

[collapse="Library hours and location"]Monday: 1-9
Tuesday: 10-9
Wednesday: 1-9
Thursday: 10-6
Friday: 10-6
Saturday: 10-5
Sunday: 1-5

7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA[/collapse]

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Is anyone ever free on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays? There's a library where you can rent a good sized room (holds ~50 people) in Falls Church for free

[collapse="Library hours and location"]Monday: 1-9
Tuesday: 10-9
Wednesday: 1-9
Thursday: 10-6
Friday: 10-6
Saturday: 10-5
Sunday: 1-5

7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA[/collapse]
I hope many people can show up...

It's about time to play melee there again :cool: 3 mins from my house

Pery G45

Smash Cadet
Lmao I just had my password sent to me to see when I joined. 05 and this was my second account! Not sure when the first one was... Wow I never really used smashboards haha. Oh well hope to see you guys soon

Pery G45

Smash Cadet
Haha yeah that's me! Wish it still existed...

EDIT: Anyone who ever wants to come down to Richmond, we've got a pretty big community built up by starting a club at school, and it's getting bigger! Anyone who ever wants to visit, come on down! I live with Yo****o

EDIT 2: Yosh-ito? The Yoshi player, that's dumb how that got bleeped out

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I may go to play Cyrain this weekend

or I might go to North Carolina. Does anyone want to go with me?

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
i mean, it's mainly a brawl tourney unfortunately and the only reason it even had melee was because they wanted kevin to come and rep NC for brawl (lol).

but yeah, me and kevin would like you VA guys to come so we can have a liiiittle fun at this. :)

D

Deleted member

are we having an old contest?

i still lose to chillin lol

I can accompany you but I have absolutely no money at all. The best I can do is be someone to bull**** with or navigate.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Haha yeah that's me! Wish it still existed...

EDIT: Anyone who ever wants to come down to Richmond, we've got a pretty big community built up by starting a club at school, and it's getting bigger! Anyone who ever wants to visit, come on down! I live with Yo****o

EDIT 2: Yosh-ito? The Yoshi player, that's dumb how that got bleeped out
It still does... at least to me. <3 Check mah sig.

Let me know earlier next time!!! I'll def go and we can win teams in NC. =D

i mean, it's mainly a brawl tourney unfortunately and the only reason it even had melee was because they wanted kevin to come and rep NC for brawl (lol).

but yeah, me and kevin would like you VA guys to come so we can have a liiiittle fun at this. :)
Let me know when the next decent MELEE tourney is lol... and I'll try and get off work.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
It still does... at least to me. <3 Check mah sig.

Let me know earlier next time!!! I'll def go and we can win teams in NC. =D

Let me know when the next decent MELEE tourney is lol... and I'll try and get off work.
melee in Nc has kinda been going through a slump lately buuuut yeah i'm sure if there is another one we'll let you VA guys know.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Eh...I don't think I should really be going down to NC this weekend. Though it'd be really nice to see the VT guys and play NC, my dad probably wouldn't like the idea and honestly I think I have too much on my plate with school to spend that much time away smashing.

If you opt for Richmond instead let me know.

Top Bottom