• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
green fox vs. me is wenbo, i played a few friendlies with him while he was waiting for a set to finish on another TV

November 24th Tournament Results:

Singles:
1: Redd
2: Boss
3: Wenbobular
4: ScrapMettle
5: EPsilon
5: Alcohol
7: Wenz
7: Fortune
9: MALVMMALVM
9: Flamingo

Doubles:
1: SypherPhoenix + Fortune
2: Redd + Boss
3: Flamingo + Alcohol
4: Wenz + Wenbo
5: AGLET + MALVM
6: EPsilon + Lv. 9 CPU

Videos: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=15087592#post15087592

Smash Rookie
First-time poster, long-time reader of smashboards here,

I, and possibly one friend, plan to attend!

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
here's to hoping all of you prereg'd because you cant anymore lol

syphortunix 1st in teams? nice

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I didn't, still on the fence about going especially now that I have all these shiny new toys haha

Vist

Smash Champion
I'm still unsure if I'm going to NEC also..

I really want to go but it's gonna set me back a bit with time / money and I'm not really sure how much I can spare of either one just yet.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Everyone should go to NEC if possible. It's been said many times before but it needs to be said again - having a strong turnout at NEC is extremely important for the future of the Smash community. I'll drive people to the hotel Friday night if people don't have rides.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Or maybe the community deserves this because it IS filled with johnners and splitting and bull**** and going to one tournament does nothing to solve that problem

Nah, dude, we have to make ourselves look good no matter what. A chance at getting into EVO's IMPORTANT!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I don't think splitting at locals matters, especially because it tends to be friends splitting with friends at small events. It's only an issue on the national stage especially when the event is being streamed.

I don't think splitting at locals matters, especially because it tends to be friends splitting with friends at small events. It's only an issue on the national stage especially when the event is being streamed.
Yeah, because the winners are supposed to be entertaining lots of stream monsters. That's what they're getting paid for

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Who is chillin teaming with?

I am not going to a ****ing tournament without a doubles partner again

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Why do they need to? /notjokingthistime
Because we, as a community, cater to them. We pay for their flights so they can attend events and are extra willing to pick them up from the airport / train station and house them. If m2k says he's gonna be an hour late, TOs accommodate him because he puts on quite the show that gets people pumped. I'm not saying that's the correct way of doing things (it's not), but as long as we go out of our way to allow the most skilled players to compete, they should be obligated to give us a show in return.

Landon, Aziz needs a partner last I checked. Ask him.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
ya, i don't exclude myself...

i used to care and respect the game, but the community wore me down the last 3 years... now idgaf
mahone u spend too much time on the boards then, because i dont really see how anyone in MD/VA could wear u down to the point where u stopped caring about the game.

What u need to do is make a facebook, join the MD/VA melee group and laugh it up with rest of us.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
unrelated but falco's walk speed is 1.4 and his run speed is 1.5

for comparison, fox is 1.6/2.2, falcon is 0.85/2.3, and marth is 1.6/1.8

also link is 1.2/1.3

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
^ yea that's what I heard too

thankfully this false knowledge hasn't changed how i played lol

What sucks about Melee is the game

Stuff's so sensitive mistakes. It's so analog

You have to be in constant practice to stay good. Like more constant than you'd have to practice for other fighting games

It takes way too many inputs to do a single thing. Like Peach's float fair
jump
hold down
hold jump
hold forward
hit Z
let go of jump
hit down
That's 7 inputs (or 6 if letting go of an input doesn't count). What's the closes equivalent to that in Street Fighter? Chun-Li's forward jump HK?
hit up-forward
hit HK
That's 7 (or 6) inputs vs 2 inputs. Should I begin to whine and complain about how complicated things are in Melee? This game is stupid

But I still love it ♥. I just like a different game more now. It's better fit for me

Mahone

Smash Champion
mahone u spend too much time on the boards then, because i dont really see how anyone in MD/VA could wear u down to the point where u stopped caring about the game.

What u need to do is make a facebook, join the MD/VA melee group and laugh it up with rest of us.
naw, its mostly nc... u forget i don't get to chill with you guys most of the time... md/va is cool always :)

Smash Rookie
Just making sure the biweekly is still a go, despite people heading to this NEC dealio?

Top Bottom