• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
No doubles unfortunately, just singles.

Did you register for singles already? Just give me your name, tag and where you are in Halifax if you haven't and I'll register you on Facebook.

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
zhao, yea i might post there. i thought about that. i gotta try and get that wifi adapter first heh

mal, cool, il talk to you later on tonight. a friend of mine is coming up with me and knows people in halifax so i might have a place to stay. or maybe he'l stay there and i'l stay somewhere else, cuz id rather play brawl the night before than not. but we'l discuss that later, zach also offered his place. but thx for the offer, both of you. glad to know i have options. i dunno if i wanna spend the whole day with my friends friends haha i might be looking to just ditch him and hang out with some you guys. whats everyone doing the day before the tourney?

Pey

Smash Apprentice
heres my info zhao

zach
pey
porter's lake

i wont bring an extra tv unless i need to

Pey

Smash Apprentice
Just realized I don't know where the venue is or what time it's starting........

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
just a quick heads up! hope you all can make it

Location: The Roy Building, Suite 125 (1657 Barrington Street, Halifax)
registration begins around 11am and we're hoping to start by 12pm

our venue door unfortunately must remained locked at all times so please be patient when waiting to get in, or better yet have someone your with bring a cell phone so you can ring us up and we'll get come down to get you. this is especially crucial during lunch break.
a phone number will be posted on the main door along with the official poster so you know you've come to the right place.

brawl singles - $10 per person
brawl doubles - $20 per team
melee singles - $5 per person

be sure to bring something to eat or some money for food. you may even want to try your luck in some money matches.

remember to bring your own controller
annnnnnnddddd
GET PUMPED!

~smash bros. halifax

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
GGs once again to all, since John and Zach don't have Facebook, I'll just post your shoutouts:

Zach: Too **** in those dittos, I'll definitely have to learn it a bit if I want to stay in haha. Great Melee player, fun matches. Congrats on second.

John: One match, but it was **** good. Falcon dittos on FD are just TOO good!

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
I had a great time! Zhao, we need to get more games in some other time. Tyler told me about biweeklies at some game store in starting soon, I will hit those up for sure if theres going to be melee.

I got put out by Vic and Pey, so I dont think theres any shame in that, both are too good.

Also, anyone who missed the second game of grand finals in melee missed out. Zach's CF vs Nick's Falco, after that set I thought we would see a massive comeback by Zach, I mean, that was some Darkrain **** right there, but Nick is just a beast I guess.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
melee was fun. i was definitely rusty but oh how i missed dash dancing and wave dashing. very fun.

Pey

Smash Apprentice
had a lot of fun playing nick, zhao, spaceman_spiff (lol calvin and hobbes) and vic. yeah good games, thanks for holding it.

i watched the vids from the hellasmashed 08 and hoping to get them up soon. nix (the winner) has a wicked falcon and jigglypuff.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
had a lot of fun playing nick, zhao, spaceman_spiff (lol calvin and hobbes) and vic. yeah good games, thanks for holding it.

i watched the vids from the hellasmashed 08 and hoping to get them up soon. nix (the winner) has a wicked falcon and jigglypuff.
You have those videos? awesome sauce, I thought they'd never get anywhere. i'm looking forward to seeing those.

Nah, I dont' usually go to bi-weeklies. I might get out there occasionally, but an hour drive each way is too much for my parents.

camden

Smash Apprentice
I'll be at the Gamestore tomorrow, and apparently, 4 of my friends are coming, too. Oh boi. I need to do some last minute practice so I don't bore myself to death.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I have to give Justin his controller, so I'll be at the next bi-weekly. Tell Tyler to bring a VCR and we can record Melee matches on the tape Steven bought me <3

Pey

Smash Apprentice
hi guys, i have the vids on my computer. Although i don't have the internet so that's slowing things down.

i realize asking on smashboards isn't the best place, opposed to popular facebook group, but is there anyone who categorically doesn't want to have their footage uploaded?

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I'll post this on the Facebook group later, unless someone else wants to do it first.

Also Pey, there's gonna be a weekly on Sunday, at the Last Gamestore in Clayton Parker (?). I'm bringing a tape to record some Melee matches, so if you want to get yourself some recent vids, hit up the gamestore and we'll play.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
I'm going to try to make it to the next weekly and the Last Gamestore, am I right to think its near Lacewood Terminal?

camden

Smash Apprentice
Yes, the Gamestore is in the back of the Terminal. Getting a bus there is EASY. I'll try to get my Wii set up Brawl+ applicable, unless I work that night.

Top Bottom