• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

November 13th 2010! Swiftbass/Mattdotzeb present : Hall of gaming 2!

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
gunstar heroes...sifl and olly...why are we not the broist of bros, CC?

i'll have a console and a recording setup at this.
i'm so rusty still, but i'mma try to play a lot this week when i can find a tv. i haven't been to a CT tourney in over 2 years, this will be fun :D
I don't know, that's a good question hahahaha.

fuggen green was badarse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaV7Jt6u-l4

I think that I may actually be off of work for this tourney so I will be there early =).
Ripping it and putting it on my blackberry. Thanks :seuss:

To this day, I've never beaten green on expert without losing a life. Crab Force always kicks my ***, and it's predictable... lol

Such a busy month >_<.

Two tests to study for next monday (Blaaaah)
20 page reaction paper due next monday w/ presentation (haven't started)
10 page esssay due in english (this either)
Practicing for this tournament (or this)
Getting my built computer on Wednesday (Finally)
Birthday on the 21st (boo)
RoM3 on the 20th-21st (Hell yes)
Going out of state for Thanksgiving on the 23rd.

Can't wait for December 15th, No class for a month :awesome:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Hazygoose have you ever been to ctconn? I have a vauge memory of meeting someone named that at the first ctconn tourny i ever went to two years ago (which was my first tourny ever actually).

hype for this... Th0rn i want a rematch... Which makes me a glutton for punishment i guess... :ohwell:

Rep

Smash Apprentice
For all you scrubs who want to shape up for this...
FRIDAY
CCSU STUDENT CENTER
4:00
SMASHFEST

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Hazygoose have you ever been to ctconn? I have a vauge memory of meeting someone named that at the first ctconn tourny i ever went to two years ago (which was my first tourny ever actually).
i've never been to any ctconn :o so i am not sure who you met.
i went to a couple esticles in 2008. and a single mass madness. i'm pretty sure that's it, though.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
i went to a couple esticles in 2008. and a single mass madness. i'm pretty sure that's it, though.
We've both been to esticles and haven't met? Wth LOL

Really wanna go to the fest, but I have to do an essay x_x. Saturday is going to be my only "day off"

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
We've both been to esticles and haven't met? Wth LOL
well i probably only went to 2, maybe 3 in 2008. 2007 i went to a few. i took a year and a half off school though and i think only went to 1 event fall 2008...soooooo it's been a while. if we've been to the same event, though...i dunno, i might have played you or met you long ago. i have a nosering and curly mezkin hair, if you've seen someone like that around.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion

Can't believe i missed this yesterday. Yeah i must've met someone else. Huh. Looking forwards to meeting\playing you though

@blizzardbeam: hope you have the right mindset, first tournies can be overwhelming

blizzardbeam

Smash Cadet
I have no expectations of winning any sets or anything basically. I just want to play games and improve my game. I'll probably be at RoM3 too, so two weeks of getting *****.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
I have no expectations of winning any sets or anything basically. I just want to play games and improve my game. I'll probably be at RoM3 too, so two weeks of getting *****.
my specialty is training. they call me gary oak.
find me - we'll get some good games in and i'll try to give some helpful advice ^.^

edit: hey, yo, question to swift:
you only have 5 neutrals but your stage striking rules are set up for the 7-stage ruleset. i'm assuming the stage list is correct, so is the stage striking 1-2-1/1-1-1-1 or is it neither and the typical 1 ban/strike for a set?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
We are Adding $1 per player to the SINGLES FIRST PLACE!
Pass it out, more players, More money!

Hall of Gaming
203-675-7600

Attending: 31
Slox
shadowball
swiftbass
mattdotzeb
ma ***** axelslam
crazycloud
strawhats
zebra
kupo15
th0rn
banks
morgan
jinjo
solar
mafia
$Mike
diesel
tralawlerbawler
KevinM
HaileyM
Zoso
DarkDragoon
twebb
hazygoose
SPAWN (finally)
awsmsean
noodles
brookman
blizzardbeam
Sol
yedi

might come:
prog
otg
niko
mogwai
alu
hax
hayato
teevee

lists were based solely off stuff said in the thread this doesn't include the ct/ma locals who haven't posted to say theyre coming

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
trust me that's the right mindset. it's the only way to get better at actually playing the game as opposed to practicing tech. Tech skill is important but if you don't learn how to use it against people it's worthless lol.

find me - we'll get some good games in and i'll try to give some helpful advice ^.^
if it's okay with you I'll try and hunt you guys down so the three of us can play. i require a lot of warmup time lol

@ Yedi: Zao said he wasn't making it like a page back I think. If I'm playing mewtwo good i'll rematch you for a dollar. i know I can take that ness down... ;)

strawhats

Smash Master
Attending: 28
Slox
shadowball
swiftbass
mattdotzeb
ma ***** axelslam
crazycloud
strawhats
kupo15
th0rn
banks
morgan
+1 maine car
+1 maine car
mafia
$Mike
diesel
tralawlerbawler
KevinM
HaileyM
Zoso
DarkDragoon
twebb
hazygoose
noodles
brookman
blizzardbeam
Sol
yedi

might come:
prog
otg
niko
mogwai
alu
hax
hayato
teevee

lists were based solely off stuff said in the thread this doesn't include the ct/ma locals who haven't posted to say theyre coming
zebra's going too. Oh yeah, I'm living on campus right now at Fairfield U.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
if it's okay with you I'll try and hunt you guys down so the three of us can play. i require a lot of warmup time lol
word, sounds good. rep and i won't make it until like right as doubles starts, though. but we will def get some friendlies in before singles.

nobody wants to team with me :( daaaaaang. it's gonna be a sad day on saturday when i win singles and i hog the booze munies all to myself.

also, marc (spawn) and (awesome)sean are coming to this. so that makes at least 30, hopefully more. fun times will be had.

strawhats

Smash Master
he picked up jiggz lol...i still beat him though.

If anything he improved his spacing. lol

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Hazy if our styles mesh well i'll team with you (we'll have to test it out though, I'm okay in teams as long as me and my teammate are on the same wavelength lol).

strawhats: that's good to hear. I'm dissapointed in the lack of Luigi mentions though, I thought his weegee had lots of potential...

strawhats

Smash Master
oh he still plays luigi, i told him not to sell out on his weegee for tourney placing and that jiggz doesnt guarantee **** in tourney unless you become really good with her (unless you're mango, hbox, darc, king, hyuga, idea, raistlin, or soft).

Im pretty sure he's only trying to pick up a secondary to cover luigi's bad MU's and he hasnt given up on luigi.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
sure sball, i'll mm you again. the ness won't go down easy tho
since you're still the better player I wouldn't expect it any other way lol

oh he still plays luigi, i told him not to sell out on his weegee for tourney placing and that jiggz doesnt guarantee **** in tourney unless you become really good with her (unless you're mango, hbox, darc, king, hyuga, idea, raistlin, or soft).

Im pretty sure he's only trying to pick up a secondary to cover luigi's bad MU's and he hasnt given up on luigi.
good good. I wanna play you too lol

Alukard

Smash Hero
DAMMIT.... it looks like nyc is going to sit this one out =[

i haven't found a way to get here thats affordable =[

blizzardbeam

Smash Cadet
Thanks, I'll definitely look for you when I get to the venue.

@Shadowball2
Yeah, I've pretty much prepared myself to be completely owned. But, I actually need to work on my tech skill. I'm so lazy and I should be practicing. Btw-how should I find you guys at the venue? Will you guys be there at the start at 11?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Thanks, I'll definitely look for you when I get to the venue.

@Shadowball2
Yeah, I've pretty much prepared myself to be completely owned. But, I actually need to work on my tech skill. I'm so lazy and I should be practicing. Btw-how should I find you guys at the venue? Will you guys be there at the start at 11?

i might be there right @ the opening but if not i won't be too much later than that. I'm a white guy 'bout 5'6 sorta skinny. I play black marth, white and black sheik, mewtwo, flacon, and fox (sometimes). I dk what i'll be wearing or whatever though. The venue isn't huge so we'll find eachother lol.

p.s. Who do you play as? Ice climbers?

@ .zeb: i was confused too but i think strawhats said that he's not in nyc atm...

blizzardbeam

Smash Cadet
i might be there right @ the opening but if not i won't be too much later than that. I'm a white guy 'bout 5'6 sorta skinny. I play black marth, white and black sheik, mewtwo, flacon, and fox (sometimes). I dk what i'll be wearing or whatever though. The venue isn't huge so we'll find eachother lol.

p.s. Who do you play as? Ice climbers?
I used to main the ICs. I play puff and occasionally play sheik/falco.

Top Bottom